• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 359 Views, 11 Comments

A Night's return and his Flare. - BlastingCap



Nightwing traumatized from the deaths of his best friend Hunter has vanished four months wondering the war torn Equestrian landscape, but after a old friend finds him, so has the war.

  • ...
4
 11
 359

Old stomping grounds

“I feel like shit, right now Doc. Plain and simple.” Flash said as he hopped onto a chair.

“Well, you did fall about ten thousand feet with the weight of your gear and plus Rainbowdash, not to mention the damage you got from hitting that shield. I‘m just surprised that you can stand let alone fly.” the doctor looked at his charts for moment Flash’s mind began to wonder as the doctor began to babble about meds and shit. His mind went to the day that led him here but, then he remembered the moment that Flare went into the vortex. Flare smiled as he went in. He couldn’t shake the feeling that Flare wanted to go. But, when the doctor began to stretch out Flash’s wings, examining them; made him snap out of his memory. “It seems after four months of physical therapy, you are finally ready to go back into service.” the doctor said as he let go of Flash’s wings from his magic.

“That’s good now I can at least guard Twilight now, even after everything that has happened she is still going on strong but, I have bad feeling.” Flash thought as he jumped off the sit and onto his hoofs. “well, I will see ya doc.” but, just before he got to the door.

“Flash, if you experience any problems as of breathing, moving your wings, or a sever headache come by so I can check on you.” the doc letting go of his magical grip.

“Ok, doc I will.” the Pegasus flying out of the infirmary of the Canterlot castle.

But, as he fell on his bunk in the barracks the intercom rang out. “Sgt. Flash Sentry come to the control room. Sgt. Flash Sentry come to the control room. AT ONCE.”


“Great, the moment I get released is the moment I have a mission.” He sighed and got up from his bunk. He began to put on his uniform and when he finished he stood in front of the mirror. The memory of the night that Twilight was kidnapped still haunted him. He felt the hole where the bullet hit his body armor. He thank Celestia everyday that he wore it. He blamed himself for what happened to her. He pushed the memory away when the voice came on the intercom again.

“Now, Sergeant.” the deep voice of commander Mirror.

He walked to the control room and looked around at the scene that unfolded. Where some ponies (Rarity) would call it organized chaos.


The moment he walked in the commander saw him and waved him over. He sighed as he got to the commander. “Alright, Flash I know you just got out of rehab but, I got a mission for you.” Flash’s face said it all. “I want you and a team of three other ponies to search through the Black Manes’ headquarters.”

The sound of the name made every pony in the room fall silent and stared at the commander. “but, their headquarters was destroyed when the reactor blew and half the mountain fell with it. I should know I saw it for myself.” Placing a hoof on his chest.

“I know but, we had a team searching for survivors, but instead they found something else.” he turned to the monitor. “Put it on the monitor.”

One of the ponies in front of them yelled “Black Mane headquarters on screen. Now, tunnels.”

Flash looked at the screen and dumbstruck at the amount of the tunnels.

“These were taken from a geological scan after the discovery of the tunnels. This is just about a forth of the way down.”

“why didn’t they go down?” Flash said, his eyes glued to the screen.

“They did but, they couldn’t get far as there is security down there is a bit tricky to get by.” the commander said with a little grief in his voice.

Flash turned to the commander with an raised eyebrow. “what do you mean?”

He sighed before he continued. “There are electric cages that enclose the victim then, electrocute them to until there dead, it happened to two of our team. That is as far as they could get without getting killed.” a red dot show up on about the third tunnel downward. “So, I need you and your team to go inside then, find what ever they had hidden inside that place. If what we found from their records it is something that will change this war. But, let me warn you the tunnels that where examined were severely damaged when the reactor blew.” the grey unicorn turned around the main monitor. “Turn on diagram.” the monitor turn on the main levels of the base before the explosion. “After explosion”
The monitor show the tunnel system with a few missing spots “Some of the tunnels have collapsed and are filled with ruble but, we have planed several alternate routes. But, what ever is in here is a mystery but, I have to tell you something. Follow me.” the unicorn turned and began to walked down a corridor. They walked for about five minutes the commander making sure nopony was following them. He stopped. “what I tell you must not leave this corridor.” he took a deep breath. “Most ponies don’t know why the Black manes just disappeared when there were ships missing. We think they may be regrouping. So, bring enough ammo and supplies as you would with a regular mission but, bring a little extra. You have your team ready at the hanger at 0500 tomorrow. Not a minute more and I am going to need you back in three days, to fight for applelusa. If you are not back in time, we will leave you. You got all of that?”


“Yes, sir commander Mirror.” he saluted as Mirror walked pass him back to the command center.
d