• Published 24th Nov 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 10 Comments

Sword Mare - ReifuTD



Based off of the comic book series found in the Fallout: Equestria universe. Captain Zero Endless is trapped in a world of both the future and the past. There he teams up with the hero Sword Mare to fight the Evil Zebra menace.

  • ...
5
 10
 1,763

A Song of Apples and Oranges Part 2: Those of the West

The yellow mare with the blue and yellow striped mane looks at her face in the mirror. After checking her mouth she lifts up the front of her mane. She checked the stub of horn on her forehead.

Pom Pom did this every day and everyday it got a little bigger. She hoped that soon she would be able to use magic again.

Filly Nat watched the mare examine herself from the bed on the other side of the room.

“Did I ever say how cute you look looking at yourself?” Filly Nat giggles.

“What ever you say boss,” Pom Pom said as she turned away from the mirror.

There was a knock at the door.

“It’s open,” Filly Nat said.

Two young colts opened the door. One probably had his cutie mark for about a year well the younger looked like he may have just gotten his.

The older colt was a dark gray in color with a bright red mane. A yellow streak of hair went through his mane and tail. His cutie mark was of a snake eating its own tail a thing called an ouroboros. A red arrow mark shot out of the ouroboros making something that looked like the male symbol.

“Gollum Due…”

The younger colt had a light yellow coat with a two tone orange mane that moved like fire. His cutie mark was made up of two symbols as well. The upper part of the cutie mark was a simple characterture of the upper body of a horse brown in color. The lower half of the cutie mark was consumed by a red fire symbol.

“Ponydash…”

“Umm… the ladies of the house wanted us to ask you of you don’t mind helping with the prep down stairs.”

Filly Nat smiles, “Helping prepare meals is the least we can do.

Filly and Pom Pom fallowed the two colts down the stairs. The bottom of the stairs was a smiling mare.

Her coat was a slate blue. Her long flowing mane was light green in color with an olive streak where the hair parted on her forehead. The mare’s cutie mark was three fence planks.

“Palisade…”

“They took potatoes from the cellar as you requested,” Palisade told the two mares.

“I’ll start peeling and chopping them up,” Pom Pom said as she walked toward the kitchen.

“I can’t thank you enough for letting us stay with you after our home burned down,” Filly Nat tells Palisade.

“I wish your father took us up on the offered to stay here,” Palisade sighed.

“Well other than your colts this is a mare home,” Filly Nat shrugs, “I’d suppose he’d worry about rumors if seen walking out of this place daily.”

“Stallions can be so silly sometimes,” Palisade laughs.

“Well herd crashing is a young stallion’s game,” Filly Nat giggles, “By the way is your sister still around?”

“Oubliette?” Palisade replied, “No, she went to pick up our guests. Poor things been having a hard time lately. We thought it would be nice to invite them over to lighten their moods.”

“That’s very kind of you,” Filly Nat smiles.

Inside the kitchen there was a mare and a filly already there when Pom Pom entered the room. The mare had a light pink coat but her mane was a dark abony red. A three colored streak ran through her mane and tail. Bright neon stripes of blue green and orange. In the dark the streaks glowed. Her cutie mark was of a blue glass heart with three fireflies inside of it.

“Paris…”

The filly was just young enough not to have a cutie mark yet. Her coat was a light blue in the filly’s mane and tail were striped grass green and rock gray.

“Brooki…”

“Where are the potatoes?” Pom Pom asked.

“They are over by the stove,” Paris said as she cut some green onions with a knife grasped in her forehooves.

“The spices are up here,” Brooki takes her stool and trots up to a cabinet on the wall.

“Thank you,” Pom Pom nods her head as she pulls potatoes from the sack.

A few moments later Filly Nat walks into the kitchen and begins to help cook as well.

“Elsewhere in Capital City…”

A stallion soldier walks up to his wagon. He sees a small figure standing in place where he normally hooks himself up to his reins. It was some kind of pony shaped doll. Only the doll had a drill on its muzzle.

He sits the drill doll down on the hood of his wagon. Suddenly the thing’s drill turns on and it leaps forward into his chest.

The stallion screams horribly in pain as he dies bleeding out on the ground. From around the corner Explanation walks out and looks at the handiwork of the doll.

“Another test run complete,” She smiles.

“Back at the house…”

“I’m home!” Oubliette called out.

“Mommy!” A redish brown filly with a very dark brown mane runs up and hugs the mare.

Oubliette laughs and turns to the mares behind her. “You see this one is my actual daughter Far Fetched.”

Honey Mead was standing right behind her a newborn foal gray in color was bundled on her back. Behind her was Butterfree and Blaster.

“I love her coloring,” Honey Mead smiles padding the filly on the head.

“Oh come on I don’t want to be standing out here all day,” Blaster complained.

“Oops, sorry,” Honey Mead stepped aside letting Blaster and Butterfree walk into the house.

“Is there a safe place we can put down the little one?” Butterfree asked looking up the foal on Honey Mead’s back.

“We have a pen outback where we keep our youngest,” Oubliette told her.

“I used to spend a lot of time in the pen, I don’t so much now because I’m a big girl!” Far Fetched remarks.

“Yes you’re a big girl,” Oubliette pats the filly on the head.

“Sister your home,” Palisade cheered.

“Yes,” Oubliette nods her head, “We are going to put their little one back with Duo.”

“Oh I want to see the little one,” Palisade smiles as she walks up to Honey Mead.

“It’s only a foal it’s not like we have enough of those around here,” Gollum Due sticks out his tongue to show his distaste.

“You boys are all the same,” Brooki pokes her head out of the kitchen and snaps at the young buck.

“And what’s your name?” Blaster smiles at the filly.

“Brooki Bra,” Brooki answered.

Blaster looks at Palisade. She shrugged back in her, “You know how these names work,” She tells Blaster, “She seems to love the beach though.”

“The one on my back, we named Slow Magnetism,” Honey Mead points out.

Palisade smiles, “He sounds like he’s going to be a virile young stallion.”

“I certainly hope so,” Butterfree laughed.

They put the newborn colt in the bin with a slightly bigger, slightly older orange brown filly. Duo walks up and sniffs the colt. Magnetism jumps back then slowly approaches the filly sniffing her coat. Soon the two got used to each other, Duo started eating the grass at her feet well Magnetism laid down and nibbled on some grass as well.

The mares smiled at the sight for a little while then decided to go inside. By this time the other mares in the kitchen had finished cooking.

“You girls take your seats,” Paris told the group as Pom Pom and Filly Nat walked out with plates of various prepared vegetables, fruits and wheats.

After a prayer to the earth mother, they all begin to eat into the prepared food.

“So you two are from the inn that burned down,” Honey Mead remarks to Pom Pom and Filly Nat as she pins a piece of radish to a couple layers of lettuce with her fork.

“Yes we are,” Filly Nat answered.

“Are you planning on rebuilding? I’ve always liked that place,” Honey Mead remarks.

“We are planning to, but with the change in government there are difficulties,” Filly Nat said as she played with a baby carrot on her plate.

“I’d imagine so with the nation fractured like it is I’ve heard many banks and insurance companies have put a halt to their business until they get their assets we assessed,” Butterfree points out.

“Yeah, it sounds like they will pay us back to rebuild,” Filly Nat nods her head, “In a way we are kind of lucky that our inn burned down. With the war looming rates have been jacked up really high. We were about to drop our coverage when the inn burned down.”

“It’s a sad world when we have to start choosing between preparing against the future or having enough bits to keep yourself going,” Blaster said sadly.

“Blaster?” Oubliette spoke up, “How’s that cleric partner of yours doing?”

“Diamond Luck?” Blaster questioned, “She’s still recovering at home with the help of her sister. It sounds like she’ll be returning to work in about a week.”

“That’s good,” Oubliette smiles.

“Paris and I was having this discussion the other day, we were wondering what’s with these rumors of the plague from the sky?” Palisade asked with a smirk on her face. “I think it’s hogwash but she’s absolutely fascinated about it.”

“It makes you shoot lightning what’s more cooler than that?” Paris remarks.

“Plague?” Blaster gives a confused look as she glanced at Honey Mead.

Honey Mead answers her with a shrug.

“Rumors from some of the towns on the edge of our nation that Pegasus have done raids on lately,” Oubliette explains.

“While there has always been stories about Pegasus carrying diseases,” Butterfree answered, “Most believe it is because of their ability to fly and go from one region to another. A few even theorized that they may carry bacteria from the upper atmosphere or even space. But regardless in a lot of cases were Pegasus go disease and death often follows.”

“No wonder why ponies can be so afraid of them,” Oubliette remarks. She turns to Honey Mead, “So had they decided to give you your Paladin weapon back yet?”

“No, actually it sounds like they are doing some experiments with it. That actually makes me kind of nervous,” Honey Mead blushes.

“In the Castle…”

Rat Tak-Tak walks into the training room. “I demand to know what this is about!” She snaps.

Velvet Rope opens up the window of the observation deck. “Do you know who I am?” The mare asked.

“You are a Holic or Familiar or whatever you want to call yourself,” Rat Tak-Tak shouts back up at the silver colored pony.

“Good you get the gist of what I am,” Velvet Rope smiles.

The doors opposite of Rat Tak-Tak opens up and a feminine looking purple stallion walks into the room holding up the ocarina spear of Rat Tak-Tak.

“What is this? How is he holding my weapon? How did you even summon it?” Rat Tak-Tak said in shock.

“As you may know Holics are born from items that hold great spiritual energy,” Velvet Rope explains, “How much spiritual energy is put into weapons what forges themselves from a ponies very soul possess?”

“I am Ocarina the blade forged from your soul but set free by your enemy,” The stallion announced.

Rat Tak-Tak instantly makes a dash for the weapons rack. Ocarina pursued after her. In one swift motion Rat Tak-Tak unsheathes a sword and blocks Ocarina’s attack. The blade instantly shatters from the sound blast and the hilt flies out of Rat Tak-Tak’s mouth.

“Pathetic,” Rat Tak-Tak hears Ocarina says as the tip of the spear touches her forehoof. For Rat Tak-Tak time slowed down as she watches the lower half of her leg explode in a bloody mess. Time rushes back to her as she screams horrifically falling to the ground clutching her bleeding limb.

Shockingly Ocarina let loose a painful scream as well as the same forehoof disappeared in a mist of energy. The stallion had managed to stay standing upright as he gritted his teeth. A moment later Ocarina’s foot reappears like nothing had happened. He looks up at Velvet Rope.

“Killing her may prove fatal for me,” The stallion relates.

Velvet Rope turns to a pair of stallions in the room behind her. “Take that mare away and bandage up her hoof. We can’t afford to have her die on us.”

To the other side of Velvet Rope, Ambrosia and Dragmoon watched the sight below.

“That’s not good for me is it?” Dragmoon remarks looking at the bleeding mare below. “The one I’m connected to is long gone from here.” The stallion shutters, “The idea that she could die at any moment frightens me now.”

“While I want to see the mare I modeled after,” Ambrosia said cheerfully as she buzzed around Dragmoon.

“I’m not sure if that is a good idea,” Velvet Rope shook her head. “She’s on the rope about working with us to begin with. If she found out what we done that could push her to the wrong side.”

“Oh but she’s going to find out sooner or later, you can’t keep warriors like these secret forever dear,” Leo said as he walks into the room.

“You old stallion mind your own business and help me work with the abstraction device,” Velvet Rope snaps.

“All I want to see her now! And I’m going to see her now!” Ambrosia shouted as she stormed out of the room.

“Should I go after her?” Dragmoon asks.

“No,” Velvet Rope shakes her head, “What’s done is done, if that yellow mare is going to find out about this I’d rather have it now when we can easily contain her then later like when we may have to test you guys in the middle of a battle.”

“Whirly Pop…”

Whirly Pop had the same room that she had before she escaped. She hadn’t seen Generous Thread since that day at the docks. Rat Tak-Tak was staying in the room with her, but this morning guards came in and took the purple mare away.

Now suddenly the door opens and guards toss a very unwell looking Rat Tak-Tak on to the floor. Whirly Pop gasps at the sight of the mare’s bandaged and bloodied foot and rushes to her.

“What did you do to her you bastards!” The light colored mare shouts at the guards.

The guards turned and left locking the door behind them.

“Generous Thread…”

The rainbow maned mare found herself trapped in Inspiration’s case. Being a Holic with no need for food and water, they had kept her in there for days. Over the days she could see Leo working on the device on his table. The machine that he was making sent shivers down the pony’s spine.

Velvet Rope walks into the lab. Generous Thread tries to tap on the glass to get the mare’s attention but she was ignored. This caused her to collapse back in the case and start sobbing.

“How close are you two doing the separation process?” Velvet Rope asks Leo.

“I don’t think I can penetrate that creature to such a degree, but I’ve come up with the different plan.” Leo told her.

“So what is this new plan?” Velvet Rope answers.

“I believe that I can recreate the nullifying magic in a fabric form, I’ve heard that you are familiar with lay magic?” Leo wondered.

“Yes I am,” Velvet Rope told him.

“I can make more of that special glass that that case is made out of,” Leo points out, “If I melt it could you fuse the melted glass into a fabric or sheet?”

Velvet Rope could kind of see in the image in her mind of what Leo was talking about. “I could make something like chain mail reinforced with silk strands. Using my magic I can make the glass into ringed beads the size of grains of sand.”

“That sounds like something that should suffice,” Leo nods his head taking out his smelting tools.

“Honey Mead…”

The ponies sat out back after their meal. Some of them decided to play some backyard games. Specifically half the ponies were in an intensely competitive game of shoes.

“And that’s two points for me,” Brooki said proudly.

“I know you’re catching up to me,” Blaster wined mockingly, “Honey Mead you better catch up!”

“I will, I will,” Honey Mead said nonchalantly as she picks up the horseshoe in her muzzle. With a flick of her neck it flies past the poll and smacks the middle of the shed door behind it.

“Your aim is really bad,” Brooki teased.

Honey Mead blushed,

Oubliette was in another part of the yard with the two colts. Ponydash was hanging on to the brown pony’s back as she tries to buck him off.

“And time,” Gollum Due said as he looked at the stopwatch in his hoof.

Oubliette stopped, her whole body was sweating and she panted out of breath. Ponydash looked quite exhausted as well.

“Wow, I actually stayed on this time,” Ponydash smiles.

“Should I be a little disappointed that I couldn’t buck you off?” Oubliette sighs.

“We should go as a rodeo buck team for next year’s capital fair,” Ponydash remarks.

“Hey? What about me I don’t want to get stuck doing the single competition?” Gollum Due complained.

“Maybe you could ask Honey Mead to be on a team with you?” Ponydash suggest with a smile, “She looks like a big strong mare. Her bucker skills has got to be better than her shoe skills.”

“Maybe we should find out,” Oubliette remarks, “Hey? Honey Mead?”

Honey Mead turns around, “What is it?”

“How do you feel about joining us as a bucker?” Oubliette asks.

“I suppose so,” Honey Mead shrugs, “This game wasn’t going anywhere good for me anyway.”

“I’m riding her,” Gollum Due states as he climbs up on the mare’s back.

Honey Mead blushes as the young colt’s body presses against her back. She wasn’t use to the close body contact specially with the parts of the colt she could feel pressing against her. “I remember riding my father like this,” She said trying to break her tension.

“Ready, the first pony to buck the colt off her back or if the other decides to give up wins, the colt who doesn’t get knocked off wins,” Oubliette states the rules.

“Okay then,” Honey Mead says with a look of determination on her face.

“Go!” Oubliette shouted.

The two mares start to thrash about.

Palisade, Butterfree, Filly Nat and Pom Pom were all over by the foals playing in their pen.

“I do not know whether to make a comment about our mares or my boys being bucks,” Palisade giggles with Butterfree as they watched Honey Mead and Oubliette.

Inside the house Far Fetched helped Paris clean up the table and washed the dishes. As they cleaned up, a small figure sneaks into their home.

Far Fetched heard a loud thunk and trots off to investigate it. What she saw was a filly with blue glowing wings holding her head.

“Ow,” Ambrosia complains.

“Who are you?” The filly asked nervously.

“Far honey who are you talking to?” Paris asked as she walks into the room. She sees the filly on the floor and gasps. “Where did you come from?”

“My name is Ambrosia, I came from the castle,” Ambrosia said in her cheerful tone, “I’m looking for a pony named Honey Mead? I sense her around here.”

“Sense? Are you magic?” Paris said noting Ambrosia’s words.

“From my understanding all ponies has magic in them,” Ambrosia replied as if Paris’s question was childish.

“Let me rephrase, do you have magic powers? Like a cleric or unicorn?” Paris asks.

“I think she is some kind of Breezy,” Far Fetched notes.

“No, I don’t believe I resemble a Breezy at all,” Ambrosia looked at herself.

“Wait? You said you’re looking for Honey Mead?” Far Fetched looked over at Paris, “Isn’t she one of the mares that mommy brought over?”

Ambrosia jumps up and grabs Far Fetched by the shoulders. “Yes! Yes! Tell me where is she!”

“They are out back,” Far Fetched answered.

“Yepee!” Ambrosia screamed as she shot flames from her back and dashed away.

Ponydash hits the ground, the colt makes a grunt as he contacts.

“Are you okay?” Oubliette asked concerned.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Ponydash says rubbing his sore shoulder.

“That means I lose,” Honey Mead remarks.

“No, that means I win,” Gollum Due boasts petting his steed behind the ear.

Suddenly a small filly bursts through the back door and out into the yard. Being nearest to the appearance of Ambrosia, Palisade, Butterfree, Pom Pom and Filly Nat all let loose a scream. Honey Mead and Oubliette instantly goes to battle mode and grabs nearby yard tools to use as weapons.

Ambrosia smiles at the two mares holding up a rake and a hoe in their mouths. “You two want to spar with me?” She says with a gleeful look on her face as she magically summons her spear.

“All of Celestia’s mercy and love,” Honey Mead said in shock.

“What is it?” Oubliette asks.

“That’s a morphed Paladin Spear, not just any Paladin Spear that’s mine!” Honey Mead answered. Then a look of realization went on her face and the mare frantically shouts. “Get everyone out of here! That spear that the filly is holding is a chemical weapon!”

All the mares, fillies and colts except for Honey Mead, Oubliette and Ambrosia ran away.

“Oh, they won’t be able to watch us fight now,” Ambrosia said disappointingly.

“What do you want from me!” Honey Mead demanded.

Ambrosia giggles, “To see you silly.”

“I don’t want to fight you here,” Honey Mead tells the filly.

“Then why did you draw weapons?” Ambrosia got a confused look on her face.

“You appeared so quickly,” Honey Mead said as she put the rake down and gestured to Oubliette to do the same.

Ambrosia breaks out laughing, “Wait I scared you? Little old me?”

“Yes you did,” Oubliette nods her head.

“I suppose I should apologize then,” Ambrosia remarks making her spear disappear. “Sorry.”

“How did you get my weapon?” Honey Mead asks.

“I was born with it and it with me,” Ambrosia answers.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Honey Mead questioned.

“Let me see,” Ambrosia pauses for a moment to think, “I believe I’m what you would call a Holic?”

“What’s a Holic?” Oubliette asks.

“I’m not sure but I know I heard that word pop up somewhere before,” Honey Mead answered her. “The castle was the last place I had seen my weapon so that should be the place to look for answers.”

“The castle…”

As she walked down the hallway with her freshly made dandelion sandwich Luna could hear a voice shouting.

“I demand there be someone I can talk to about this!” She heard a mare’s voice.

Luna goes to check out what it is and she sees a yellow mare yelling at a bunch of guards with a brown mare behind her as Ambrosia spins around them.

“It is not a good idea for you to cause a riot,” Oubliette cautioned.

“I’m going to cause a damn riot if I want to!” Honey Mead shouted.

“Miss please calm down,” One of the guards warned in a nervous tone.

“Ambrosia!” Luna cheered to the flying fairy pony.

“Luna!” Ambrosia rushed over to the blue filly.

“So you two know each other?” Honey Mead notes.

“Yeah, she was created a few days ago,” Luna nods her head.

“Created?” Honey Mead then whispers to herself, “So it is true,” She speaks up again, “Who created her?”

Luna looked at the yellow mare for a moment. Then she recognized her as one of Claymari’s companions from back in Bones Town and one of the mares that helped with the triage

“I think mister Leo and miss Velvet Rope,” Luna answered.

“Let’s just say Lord Adipocere isn’t the only one who knows the secret to life,” Ocarina calls out from a balcony. He jumps down landing on all forehooves and swiftly gives a bow to the mares. “I am Ocarina.”

“And I am Dragmoon,” The large stallion in green armor appears by the upper doorway.

“You are another one of the honored who gave birth to one of our numbered which like to call themselves Persona,” Ocarina continued.

“Persona? That’s what you people are?” Honey Mead snaps.

“What we are are Holics, our group that we are made of is called Persona,” Ocarina corrects.

“So what now?” Honey Mead asks.

“You come walking in here with such arrogance, after how easily I defeated my twin I still have thirst for battle perhaps I should teach you a lesson,” Ocarina smiles.

“Don’t hurt her! With every injury she receives I become weaker,” Ambrosia warns.

“I know the risks,” Ocarina dismissed the flying nat of a pony.

“This time you should use their weapons and not ours to make the fight even,” Dragmoon passes a couple of normal spears down to the ponies below.

“This is insane,” Honey Mead spat.

“Pick up,” Ocarina demanded picking up his spear.

Honey Mead picks up the spear and makes a fighting stance.

“I’m telling my sister about this you bullies!” Luna shouted as she turns and runs down the hall.

Ocarina makes his swing, Honey Mead blocks. The stallion takes a step back and smiles.

“Good you have the fighting spirit let’s show me what you got!” He tells the mare.

Honey Mead does an attacking thrust. Ocarina dodges the attack and smacks her shaft with his spear. Seeing that he was attempting to hook her weapon, Honey Mead turns her body swinging her spear away from her opponent’s tip. Ocarina slips past the spear tip stepping out of Honey Mead’s attack range.

The mare charges forward making up the gap in space. But Ocarina had enough time to slip past her attack and make one of his own.

Honey Mead had seen the attack coming and dodged just enough for Ocarina’s spear tip to brush her pelt. With a flick of her neck Honey Mead quickly pulls her spear back grabbing it higher up the shaft and with a swing smacks the brunt end of the spear against Ocarina’s head.

A normal pony would have been stunned or knocked out by this attack. But Ocarina was a Holic and didn’t have such a weakness. He pulls his body back and with a twitch of his neck hits the hock of Honey Mead’s back leg. Pain jolts up Honey Mead’s leg and she swiftly jumps out of the range of Ocarina favoring her freshly impacted leg.

Honey Mead gives a cold glare at Ocarina. By now she realized that this wasn’t a battle of skill it was a battle of nutrition. Her energy will run out. But for her opponent she had no idea.

Oubliette moves in to interject the battle. In an instant the hard mass that is Dragmoon’s hits are knocking the mare off all four of her feet. Oubliette, her back hitting the pillared wall, the air was knocked out of her lungs. The mare managed to stay conscious enough to sway on her feet as her head made everything spin around her.

Ocarina’s and Honey Mead’s spears contacted each other with a loud ‘wack!’ That reverberated through the chamber. There was another ‘wack!’ as the spears clashed again. Suddenly Honey Mead’s strength falters and Ocarina found his attack moving forward.

The spear penetrates Honey Mead shoulder and she cries out in pain. Ambrosia gasps in horror. Ocarina withdraws his spear and glares at Honey Mead angrily.

“You let me injure you on purpose!” He snaps.

“Yes!” Honey Mead shouted, “How far are you willing to let this false of a battle drag on? I don’t think you want to kill me, and with a wound like this my fighting against you can only get worse from here. That won’t be fun, So what will you do?”

Ocarina grits his teeth, then he starts to thrust.

“Enough!” Celestia shouts lightning shooting between the two ponies.

The impact of lightning was strong enough to knock the two ponies back and stunned them. Even Ocarina with his nonorganic physiology, couldn’t not help but to be dazed by the lightning strike.

The lighting had blown a hold through the roof. Once past the shock everypony in the room bows to Celestia.

Celestia blushes at this, “No, Stop don’t bow.”

Everypony got up.

“What’s the meaning of this!” Celestia demanded.

“They took our shtick!” Honey Mead points accusingly at Ocarina, “And he’s an asshole who attacked me. Also I need medical attention.” The mare collapses to the floor grasping her bleeding wound.

“Somepony give that mare first aid!” Celestia commands.

“I will sister,” Luna rushed over to Honey Mead.

“I joined their side and this is how I’m treated,” Honey Mead shakes her head as Luna sealed her wound. She turns to the Alicorn filly. “Both of us should not trust these ponies.”

“What’s going on here!” Velvet Rope shouts as she steps out in the hall. “Leo and I were working on some sensitive equipment.” She looks at the hole in the ceiling then at the scorch mark on the floor. The mare turns to Celestia. “If Starswirl shows up six months from now yelling at you about how he had to hop all over the globe to fix the weather that you screwed up, don’t come crawling to me.”

“That mare below wish to have a formal complaint with you,” Celestia points out.

Velvet Rope looks down at Honey Mead. “Well?”

“I’m at a lost for words to describe how I feel,” Honey Mead shook her head.

“Very well,” Velvet Rope turns to walk away.

“I would like to have a word with you!” Celestia chaises after the silver coated pony.

“What is it?” Velvet Rope said indifferently.

“I’m not a fan of your methods,” Celestia points out, “It’s a very dark path.”

“The means justify the ends that’s all that matters,” Velvet Rope told her.

“What about compassion?” Celestia asks.

“The compassion can be given as needed,” Velvet Rope said coldly.

Velvet Rope enters into Leo’s laboratory. Celestia follows in behind her. She sees Generous Thread trapped in the case and gasps.

“What’s going on here? I thought she was your friend?” The Alicorn snaps at Velvet Rope.

“She has the blade Inspiration hidden within her, despite her refusing to give us the weapon I still consider her my friend,” Velvet Rope smiles at Celestia.

“And you have kept her in here this whole time?” Celestia examines the case, “That’s pretty cruel.”

“Not really, me and her aren’t living creatures like you,” Velvet Rope answers, “We can withstand almost infinite isolation.” Velvet Rope walks up to a glistening white sheet of fabric. “I believe I have the means to separate the blade from her. If you think treating her like this is so cruel than why don’t you help me?”

Celestia mulls over the idea for a moment. “Very well, I will help you in this endeavor.”

Velvet Rope smiles at Celestia and lifts up the fabric. She grabs a couple of polls and soon makes a makeshift tent out of it. Velvet Rope then motions to Celestia to go with her underneath the tent. At one end of the tent was the glass case with Generous Thread inside of it.

“Okay Celestia, I want you to put up a reinforcing magical barrier using this tent,” Velvet Rope instructs, “Meantime I will open up this case and cast the separation spell.”

“I understand,” Celestia says nodding her head before casting a glow in her horn. A feeling of strong magic could be felt inside the tent.

Velvet Rope opens up the case and Generous Thread tumbles out. “This may sting a little,” She tells her friend as her horn begins to have a silvery glow.

“No don’t!” Generous Thread shouts as the magic hits her.

Generous Thread was trapped in Velvet Rope’s magic aurora. She screams out disspleasingly as the blade Inspiration was pulled from her magical body. The magic aurora around Generous Thread suddenly let go of her causing the pony to tumble onto her back, but Velvet Rope still kept the energy around the sword.

Velvet rope concentrates her magic on to the sword Inspiration. The sword flashes and sparks shoot from it as the phantom outline of a pony shape forms around it. The phantom shape soon became solid her coat the color of polished steel her mane the color of orichalcum eyes that of gold.

Celestia drops her shield, “What did you do?” She said in shock.

The new mare spoke in a monotone robotic tone, “Greetings, I am Inspiration.”

“Explanation…”

The gray mare quickly put the pieces in her suitcase as something slams against the locked door. The last thing she grabs before jumping out the window is a half finished puppet of a six legged stallion.

On the other side of her door a soldier again slams his body against the sealed piece of wood. The frame cracks and breaks and he rushes inside to find an empty room. The stallion soldier then spots the open window and sticks his head out to see the flank of a mare running down the alleyway.

In the rafters above him, a puppet of a pony mare opens her mouth impossibly wide. A large white maggot like creature emerges from the mouth and plops onto the rump of the offending soldier. The creature almost immediately digs into the flesh borrowing underneath the skin.

The soldier screams out in pain and turns to look at his bleeding rump as a lump crawls underneath his skin and up his back. Another maggot thing drops onto his head. That too digs into his skin. A moment later it finds his eye socket and bites through his eyeball then goes into the brain.