• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 1,653 Views, 99 Comments

Friendship Has Many Names - Mikey_030



When a boy wakes up in a mysterious land and can't remember anything...

  • ...
3
 99
 1,653

Chapter 2 Ponies!?

I stand in shock seeing the small beast, but he just seems about as logical as anything else so far.
"Uh, Hi can I help you?"
I just realized that I haven't come up with what I was exactly going to say yet. I just figured I could tell him that I am lost, maybe I can pump him for information. "Hey, uh, my name is... That’s not really important right now, I'm a little lost and I would appreciate it if you could tell me a little bit about where I am exactly."

I can see the puzzled look on his face from the fact that I refused to give him my name but he was able to tell me something about my where I was.

"Well I'm Spike and your in Pony-ville, the best town in all of Equestria." Okay so their ponies.
"Is that the country were in?" He looked at me again puzzled.. "Country?" He repeated. As the dragon began to think I hear a voice coming from the upper level of the tree. "Spike who is it?" Well maybe whoever this is can help. The door swung open without the dragon even touching it. I jumped back as I was startled. "Hi there, I'm Twilight Sparkle, can we help you with anything? Would you like to check out a book?" I now realize that this was a library judging by all of those books behind them made it obvious. Trying to think quickly of what to say I blurt out, "Uh, yeah, yes I would like a book!" She steps back letting me into the tree but spike wasn't entirely sure he wanted me to be there from the strange questions I was asking. "So what genre do you have in mind?" the purple pony asked. "Uh" My mind went blank. I just asked. "I don't really know, what do you prefer?"

"Well I'll gather up a few of my favorites for you so you can pick." "Thanks"
As the purple po-..Twilight Sparkle, looked for some books, I began to examine my surroundings. Nothing looks too strange or out of place except everything around me and that I am in a tree library with a dragon and a pony... As I look over to Twilight gathering my books, I notice that they were glowing purple and floating to her as if by... Magic..

"How do you do that?" I said in astonishment. "Do what?" You know, how are you making those books fly, and the door open by itself?" "Well out of all people you should know" I stood their very confused. "What why" "Your a unicorn like me." WHAT?!? I thought to myself. I try to locate a nearby mirror. I have a horn? Where did this come from. She stands confused. I think fast, "Oh yeah how could I forget." I let out a mild chuckle. "Are you feeling okay sir?" Oh now I'm busted. "Uh yeah, never better, how about them books huh?" I said as I looked around in different directions awkwardly.

'Well, do any of these catch your eye?" I stare down the 5 books she placed..floated in-front of me. I didn't really care so I chose one with with a tan pony with a black mane on the cover. Whats the heck is a daring doo? "Oh are you a fan of the series?" "Uh, sure" I said. "Well lets get you on your way, can I have your name please?" My eyes shot open, just what the heck was my name?? Did I ever have a name? Why haven't I thought of one yet? All of these questions immediately racing through my head. Knowing now that I couldn't think one up on the spot in time I decide to just let out what I know about this whole situation, maybe she could help me if she wasn't too.. weird-ed out.

"I. I.. I don't have one." She looked at me with a very surprised look on her face. "You don't have one how?" "Well" I began to explain, " I don't really know where I am, what I am, or who I am. All I know is that I woke up deep in that forest back their and managed to find my way back your library." We sat silently, "Well that is one pickle your in, so your telling me that you have no idea what ponies are?" "Well I sort of know what they are but..." my head began to hurt as if my brain was blocking something from me. "Well it sounds to me that you have a serious case of amnesia?" "I'll try to let the Princess Celestia know right away." Princess?" "Oh right, you don't have any memory, well she is the ruler of are kingdom, she controls the sun while her sister Princess Luna controls the moon." "Oh so everyone around here has magical powers?" I asked. "No, their are 3 races of ponies, Unicorn, like you and me, Pegasus, They have wings which grants the ability to fly, and Earth." "Earth?" "Yes Earth ponies, They have no wings or horns but they counter that with their brute strength." The whole situation just further confused me. "So do you have anywhere to go?" "No.. I don't" She looks at her dragon Spike then back at me, "Well in the mean time you can stay in the guest bed with us." The dragon pulled her over to the side whispering in her ear. I couldn't here him but I somewhat new what he was saying.

"Twilight, do you really want him in our home, He could be dangerous." Spike said with concern "Well he has no idea what magic is or where he is, If it were me I would sure hope someone would take me in. Don't worry Spike I'll make sure he doesn't hurt us." "Well if you say so Twi." They both turn back to me.

"We'd be happy to take you in as our guest." I was relieved that now I had a place to stay for the moment. "Well if your okay with it I would be very great-full." "Its our pleasure, I'll contact the Princess right away, afterward I’ll take you around town and to some of my friends, Im sure they'll like you." "Well if you say so."