• Published 10th Mar 2012
  • 1,653 Views, 99 Comments

Friendship Has Many Names - Mikey_030



When a boy wakes up in a mysterious land and can't remember anything...

  • ...
3
 99
 1,653

Chapter 8 The Great and Powerful Nopony

A light blue pony popped its head out of a small window. “What in Equestria are You trying to Do!” “I- I- uh.” “No I don't want to hear it just leave before I make you leave.” “With what?” She looked at me with a glare. “Why with my Superior magic of course, I can out do any unicorn around and that means especially You!” “Well that's a good way to put it.” She looked questionable. “Huh- I-YES it was, I am obviously better than anything you could possibly hope of doing!” “Well I couldn't agree more I guess.” She again looked puzzled.

“Hey, how are you doing that?” “Doing what?” “Every time I insult you, you just accept it. Why?” “Oh, I don't know I guess if your right your right.” “So your just gonna sit there ant let me insult you and you won't fight back?” “Well I guess I couldn't argue with pure logic.”

“What are you talking about! Any Unicorn would be arguing with me hoof and horn to prove that they were just as good at magic as I am.” “Well if your better than me then there's nothing much I can do about that except train harder.” She looked at me with a hint of determination. “Show me what you can do, The Great and Powerful Trixie demands it.” “Well if you insist.” I stand there and do nothing. “Well I'm waiting.” “Why, I just showed you all I got.” “You mean to tell me your a stallion who can't even conjure up the least bit of magic?” “Well I did move some bits once but that's about it.”

The Great and po- Trixie spent a good while teaching me how to use some of the basic of magics properly. “So all I have to do is want it really hard and try to concentrate it through my horn.?” “Precisely, some magic however will use spells, you'll have to memorize them to be able to use them but that is a higher level of magic, like me, here try to take off my hat.” “Okay” As I concentrate I feel a tingling sensation coming from the top of my head, my horn was glowing. “Good, almost there!” Trixie encouraged. I started to sweat, magic was harder for beginners. I clenched my eyes together, my teeth grinding, I focus all of my energy on Trixie's hat.

Just then, her hat illuminated in a green fog, “Its working!” Trixie became excited. With all of the strength I had left I lifted the hat up into the air and on to my head. “I DID IT!!” Both of us let out a cheerful yelp, I ran over to put her hat back on and gave her a hug. She looked a little nervous, I kind of forget my boundaries from time to time, I didn't think she'd mind however.”

“You truly are the best unicorn in all of equestria.” Trixie looked down. “Actually there might be one slightly equal to The Great and Powerful Trixie.” “Who would that be?” I asked, “Well last time I was here, I told everyone how I could easily conquer an Ursa Major, then two of my younger fans found a brought an Ursa Minor to me, I could not defeat it.. but one unicorn could.” “Who?” “...Twilight Sparkle.” I looked at her with surprise and shock. “Hey I know her!”

“Yo- you know Twilight Sparkle?” “Yeah I'm living with her.” “WHAT?” “Then why in equestria do you not know how to use your magic! Are you siblings?” “No no, She's my... were living together.. I have amnesia you see. I cannot remember who I am and Twilight took me in.” “Well why wouldn't she teach you magic?” “Well I've only been here a few days and I just figured out I could even use my horn last night, Twilight was going to teach me more but she got an urgent letter from Princess Celestia.”

“Oh, I see.” Trixie and I just stood there. “Hey, you know what this means don't you? You could teach me better than Twilight, I'm pretty sure that makes you the better unicorn.” I didn't entirely think that but I felt as if I should cheer her up for her sake.

“It does, doesn't it.” Trixie said in a giddy tone. “I knew I was the better unicorn after all. Thanks, if I ever need you I shall look for you in the library of Twilight Sparkle, correct?” “Yep” “Thank you my assistant.” “Your new what!?” After that we went our separate ways.
____________________________________________________________

I made my way back to the Library to be greeted by spike. “Hey spike how was your day?” The dragon was organizing some books on the shelf. “It was good, I helped out at Rarity's place then came back here to finish my list of chores.” “Oh thanks good, can I help you with any of them?” “Sure, the last thing I have to do for the night is sweep up.” I looked at the broom then at my hooves. “Well this sure is a pickle.” Spike looked at me with apologetic eyes. “Oh sorry I forgot about your hooves, I'll get to it in a sec.” A thought raced across my mind. “Never mind I got this.” I used my horn to grasp the broom and began to sweep the floor.

“Whoa, When did you learn to do that?” “I met some pony who gave me some pointers.” “Well Twilight sure will be impressed when she gets back from canterlot.” I looked up at spike, “Speaking of which, I wonder how shes doing.” A loud crash came from the bedroom alarming both spike and I. “Oops Sorry.” Somepony said in a giggle.
___________________________________________________________
Meanwhile In Canterlot

“Twilight, the princess has been expecting you, Please right this way.” Twilight followed the guard pony to the Princesses thrown room. “Twilight, I've been expecting you, there is a grave matter I need to address to you.” “What is it your highness” “You and your friends have defeated both Nightmare Moon and Discord. And I am very proud of your strength along with your friends.” “Why thank you celestia but what are you trying to get to.” “Well, There is another that surpasses that of both Nightmare Moon and Discord. He calls himself.. Nopony, because he doesn't have a name.” Twilight had immediate fear strike her, she was sweating and started to hyperventilate as she spoke. “WHAT!” “Twilight are you already aware of this, this beast is twice the size of discord, he looks as if he were made of discarded drawings out of someponies demonic notebook.” “Well a pony came out of the Everfree forest a few days ago. But he was just as big as me and his coat was green. He needed a place to stay so I offered my home, but he had no idea who he was, couldn't give me his name, he went around Ponyville meeting everypony and just insisted that everypony just know him not by a name but by who he was, he just couldn't make one up at the time, he was so confused. I felt bad for him, I couldn't just let him sleep outside. ” “Twilight it is very important to capture him, he must not leave the Library under any circumstances do you here me!” “Yes, right now he's at the Library.. alone.. WITH SPIKE!”