• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 1,520 Views, 72 Comments

Father Night 2 - EverlastingKnightmare



the not-so-long awaited sequel to my story 'Father Night'

  • ...
1
 72
 1,520

I make amazing time!

Twilight instantly dropped into a bow which again made me feel strange. “Can you not do that? Makes me feel low.” She stood up straight and looked me in the eye.

“So you’re the father of the Princesse? I didn’t know they had...” She gasped.

“Okay, your lungs are amazing.” I mumbled.

“It’s you! The human who took care of Princess Luna!” I nodded and smiled.

“It’s nice to see you too Twilight.” She gave me a confused look then remembered the show. “Anyway like Miss Fluttershy said I need a place to sleep and I seem to be a bit tall for her home.” I smiled a bit. “If you would be so kind?” She looked like she was deep in thought.

“Yes you can. I’ll write a letter to Princess Celestia telling her to be expecting a important guest.” She smiled along with me.

“Thank you Miss Sparkle.” She blushed a bit.

“Please, just call me Twilight.” I nodded and looked around. The library was large even for me, the ceiling was high up and all the shelves where stocked with books about everything by the looks of it. Twilight was watching me almost to the point of making me spazz out. “I’ll be up-stairs if you need me.” She turned and walked up the stairs, wait why did I repeat her? I will never know. I turned to see that Fluttershy had left and closed the door. I walked around looking at the cover of some books, History, Magic, oh? What's this? I thought myself how to pick things up fast so I could get a look at this book. The title was The Princesses' Father. It was published 2 weeks ago! Let’s get to work!




I shut the book and took off the glasses I was apparently wearing to wipe away a tear, they got this story so right. It was of course written by Twilight, of course she wouldn’t forget anything from that day. Right from the day I found Lulu to when she was taken to go home, sometimes I wonder if this was really her home but I don’t care. I’m here now and I will get to see my little girls again. I found a blanket and curled up for the night, dreaming of the past.


I awoke the next morning to see a little purple dragon staring me right in the face. “.....Hi?” He jumped back a little then recovered.

“Who are you? What are you doing sleeping on the floor?” I explained everything except for the deal I made with the strange man who sent me here. “So you’re the father of the princesses? Doesn’t that make you like that kind or something?” ............What?

“What was that?” He said that I should be king if I’m the father of the princesses. “I haven’t thought about that.... I’ll have to ask Twilight.” I got up and streched. “ Anyway, I need to get to Canterlot. What's the fastest way there?”

“Well that would be by train but why would you need to? You could fly there! Being a alicorn and all you could easily fly there or even teleport!” I thought about this for a moment then nodded.

“I can only pick things up with my magic as of now so I’ll fly. See you later Spike!” I opened the door to the library and walked outside into the morning sunlight. “Ah a wonderful morning!” I laughed and flapped my large wings and was airborn in seconds. A rainbow blur shot past me almost sending me to the ground. “Watch it!” I yelled after it but it stopped then I remembered Rainbow Dash. “Crap....” I muttered as she hovered over to me.

“What the hay is your problem? I was just passing by!” She glared at me with those violet eyes, for a split second I remembered Rainbow Factory.

“Well you almost knocked me out of the sky! Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get to Canterlot.” I flew past her and started gaining speed like last night.

“Wait you’re going to fly to Canterlot from here? That’s crazy talk!” I looked behind me to see she was keeping up.

“Not for me!” I laughed and sped up even more, she was falling behind but caught up again.

“You're really fast! We have to race sometime!” I looked back at her and smiled.

“Sure. But right now I have to go!” I then shot forward in a burst of speed like the roadrunner. “Meep meep!” I laughed as Canterlot got closer and closer until I had to slow down and land. I landed out front and took a deep breath. I walked in and kept going through the streets getting gasps and bows all over the place. Soon when I was halfway through town when two guards started following me like it was a escort. When we reached the castle I took another deep breath. “This is it.” I mumbled. One of the guards walked in front of me and held out a water bottle. “Oh thanks.” I took it with my magic and he nodded walking back to the other one. I took one long drink and walked up to the gates.

The guards there gave me one long looked then bowed their heads and opened the gate. We walked in and I noticed the wonderful garden. “That’s my girls.” I laughed lightly and kept going. I soon stood at the true entrance of the castle, giant double doors with Tia’s cutie-mark on them, much large though. I pushed the doors open with my magic and looked down the large hall to see Tia talking with Lulu, they didn’t notice me yet so I walked down the hall silently and sat down. I waited a bit before saying. “So, no party?” I smiled.

They both froze up and looked at me slowly, looks of shock on their faces. The first one to shoot at me full force was Lulu. That’s my girl. “DADDY!” I was taken aback a bit but recovered with a smile and hugged her.

“Hey baby girl. I’m glad you remember me.” I couldn’t help but to cry a bit. I felt warm tears on my chest. I looked up at Tia who still had a shocked look. “What? No hug from my oldest girl?” She stared at me for a moment then smiled and looked to be on the verge of tears before, like Lulu, she hug tackled me at full speed.

“I-I honestly thought we would never see you again. I was wrong it would seem.” Tia sniffled and Lulu just nodded. I turned my head to look at the guards whos’ eyes were wide and their jaws dropped. I laughed and hugged my girls tighter. Tia started crying at some point and Lulu was still crying, of course I was crying too but they were manly tears and I can’t be judged for that at least.

(Fixed)