• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 1,519 Views, 72 Comments

Father Night 2 - EverlastingKnightmare



the not-so-long awaited sequel to my story 'Father Night'

  • ...
1
 72
 1,519

The past was the beginning?

It had been a few days after I had arrived at the castle and met with my kids. God I love those two, they got me a large night colored room and a few books about ruling, oh ya I forgot to say I’m suppose to be a king here and well I needed help finding out how to do it. It took me a week or so but I got the hang of the daily courts and meetings I needed to do. I was sitting in the throne room, my daughters sitting happily on each side of me as we listened to pony’s complaints and wants when a very unexpected guest showed up, the stallion unicorn looked a lot like the man I had saw I earth, the one that sent me here. “Hello my king,” He bowed, I still wasin’t use to that. “All I want from you today is to read this old book I found,” He pulled a book out of his saddle bag and levitated it over to me. The book looked about to fall apart into a dust heap but held together strongly, must be some sorta magic.

“Thats all? To read a book? Why not! I love reading, thank you.” I smiled warmly at him and put the book beside me. He bowed again and walked out of the throne room. The day went on like that until the sun started going down. “I will be in my chambers, I have a book to read.” I gave my girls each a kiss on the cheek and walked down the hall and up the stairs to where my room was. I opened the door and looked around my room, the ceiling was that of the night sky that actually moved, the stars never stayed in one place for to long and the walls were like Lulu’s old room, showing a desert, a vast forest, barren tundra, and a city that looked like Manehatten. “I love this room.” I laughed and walked over to my bed. The sheets were a dark color with random white dots on it and the pillows looked like the moon, I sat down and looked at the crappy about-to-fall-to-bits book and flipped it open. The words were as clear as day to read, I was thinking a book this old would be in a old equestrian language but it was present day English. I kept reading until I saw my name, ‘Father Night’




‘So Father Night, Mother Morning, and I, The Keeper, brought our powers together and formed the very world all pony’s walk on today, I only have a very short time to right this book before I fad back into earth but if any of the two above find this book then please, help me return to Equestria so I may see how the world has grown.


Until we meet again my friend and brother,
The Keeper.’


I sat there stunned for a while before being able to think once again. ‘So wait, I was here at the very beginning!? I helped make this world? Who is Mother Morning and The Keeper?! I don’t remember any of this!’ After having a mini-mental breakdown I calmed myself and thought about the logic. ‘Right, so if I was here at the very start along with two others and I was a human then that must mean we all were sent to the human world after the world's creation. Wait The Keeper already said that so now I need to find out what sent us there, and how to get my memories back.’ I thought for a moment and then smiled. “Magic.” My horn started to glow a void black color. The blackness grew and grew until it exploded back into my horn. I sat there a few moments before I found out that I remembered everything.



“So Morning, you want to make a world full of whatever we are now?” I looked over at Mother Morning. She was a tall, pale colored alicorn with a reddish brown mane and a quill and ink as what she called a cutie mark.

She nodded excitedly at me. “Yes! A world with no bad to destroy it like things such as all the war in the human world!” I facepa-hoofed and looked behind me at the other pony.

“Your thoughts?” The alicorn that was slightly shorter then me and slightly taller the Morning, he had a light brown pelt and a green, blue, white flowing mane. His cutie mark was a open book with a infinity symbol in it.

“The choice was her’s and yours, are we ready?” I sighed and nodded and as did Morning except with a more excited look. “Very well, I shall make the base.” His horn glowed a white color and a small rock appeared and kept getting bigger and bigger and.....well.....bigger until it was the size of planet earth. “I have.....done my part..... the rest.....is up to you...” He laid down panting. I nodded and looked at Morning.

“Ladies first.” I laughed lightly and she smiled. Her horn glowed a sparkling ruby color as things started to appear, trees, water, and a few pony’s, pony’s with wings, horns, and nothing at all. I looked at her with a playful look. “Leave me with nothing to work on eh? meany...” I laughed lightly and my horn glowed a dark purple, along with it a fast forest appeared filled with beasts of legend in the human world and a castle.

“Wait what is the castle for?” Morning looked at me with a confused look, I grinned and my horn glowed again and a small filly flouted in front of them with a light pelt and a pink mane and tail, it looked to be a 5 month old. “What the?” I looked at her and smiled.

“Well they need someone to rule them, a kind and loving ruler she will be, heh you got me into this.” I laughed. She smiled at me and her horn glowed again making another filly with a light blue pelt and mane (And tail).

“She needs a little sister.” She smiled, I laughed and sent the two to the castle.

“Now we just need two more things...” I mumbled and my horn glowed again, around the planet darkness fell, it was like that for a moment until little dots in the sky started appearing lighting the world. “Now its your turn.” I panted and fell over. “Come on.....They need some light other then the stars.” She looked at me with shock and worry but nodded. Her horn glowed and around half the planet the light returned on that side but a bit brighter. She also fell over from extreme power use.

“Losing....grip...on.....realm...” She panted at me, I nodded and looked at The Keeper.

“You have....To give them the rest....” He looked at me a moment the nodded getting up. “Wait....One more....” I stood up with my remaining strength and broke off a piece of my mane and threw it at the dark side of the world, it rolled up into a glowing ball and grew bigger and bigger until it was the size of the moon in the human world. Morning did the same and made the sun, bigger then the moon of course. “Thats it, I’m gone!” I slowly faded out of the realm. But I could some how still see everything.

“I’m going to....Keeper....finish it...” She faded as well. The Keeper sat there for a few moments then sighed.

“Knowledge is needed, but I’m not the one to leave kids parentless.” His horn glowed and I felt a little of myself slip away. That’s when I must have lost my memories, he took a little bit of us, our memories, and made.......us? No, we look a lot more badass. They nodded at The Keeper and flew down into the castle. He fell over panting and slowly fading, he looked at the planet and what he did next almost made me yell (No not scream, men don’t do that.). He tore off the top of his horn and threw it at the world. When it hit the earth it exploded in a blast of white light, covering everything. “Knowledge.....Has been given....” A book popped up out of nowhere and crashed into the world. “Goodnight.....everypony.” He faded.




I shot up and gasped, looking around I remembered I was in my room in Canterlot castle. I sighed and walked towards the door. “ I need to find this guy, whoever he is...”

Editor's note: If you're enjoying this story, I would recommend liking/favoriting it and spreading the word about it!

A/N: I thank my wonderful editor for making this story readable and to the bronies that gave me the feedback to keep going! I love you all.