• Published 14th Nov 2013
  • 4,001 Views, 65 Comments

Anon in Equestria - Bastinator



A human takes a walk, only to end up in Equestria. His life is changed forever.

  • ...
24
 65
 4,001

Chapter 8: Peak of Chaos

The door slams shut behind you, its echoes flowing through the tower. You regroup with the ponies as dread begins to take you. Discord is definitely here. You can feel it. He said he’d be here and give you a fair fight. It’s not Discord to go back on his word, you hope. A slight tingle arises in your head, and you quickly shield your mind. Yep, he’s here. ”What’s wrong Anon? Didn’t you have fun last time?” his voice whispers in your ear as you progress up the steps, coming to a large chamber, the villain nowhere to be seen.

He calls that shit fun? “I guess if you call having your brain eviscerated fun, then I it was yes.” He lets out his signature laugh, but all it does is piss you off. “We got all got here Discord,” you shout drawing your sword, “So come out!”

”Tsk tsk tsk tsk, Oh Anon, don’t you remember the rules?” You think back and try to remember what he meant. Make it to the tower, all of you together, come by hoof.

“We didn’t do anything wrong, now uphold your end!”

”I don’t think so. I told you no cheating, and you broke that rule.” You got here entirely by foot, he’s bluffing.

“Bullshit! I never broke any rule.” Right? You don’t know what you could have done wrong.

”It was when you were fighting that delicious marshmallow man if that helps you remember.”

“How did I cheat? All I did was…” Dammit. “Teleport.”

”There you go. It’s sad really, coming so far only to fail at the last moments.” He is practically bubbly at your defeat.

“Sorry everyone.” Pointing your head down.

”Now don’t feel so bad, you only let down all of those people you claim to be your friends.” Another mind game, but poor execution on his part. ”Why didn’t Celestia just pull you back in? Or Rarity? Or Twilight?”

“Save it, it’s not going to work.”

He pauses, acknowledging your statement. ”So it would seem.” You can feel him circling you, his unformed eyes stalking you. ”How about I give you another chance?” Another chance? As foolish as it would be to make a deal with this thing, you don’t have a choice.

“What do you have in mind?”

Celestia speaks up, “We can find another way…”

“No we can’t. Discord is holding all the cards now.”

”Listen to the poor man Celestia. He knows the stakes.”

“It’ll be ok princess,” though you know it won’t, “so what’s the catch?”

”Just a simple rule change really,” his voice engulfing you, “I’ll overlook your mistake …if you let me add another player.” You take a step back; he could pull anything out of your mind again. It’s too big of a risk. It takes him only a second to sense your hesitation. “Nothing from your mind, rest assured. Just another, acquaintance… in Equestria.” You regroup with everyone to discuss this.

“I’m not so sure about this y’all.”

”Me neither,” Fluttershy agrees.

“Discord has us… well me at least, by the balls. We don’t have any other choice.”

”Classy Anon,” Rarity snuffs, “but correct.”

”Let’s just buck‘em up. We’ve done it before.” Rainbow blurts out.

She’s not thinking this through, but then, none of you are thinking straight. “What do you think Twilight?”

She shakes her head in thought, “I don’t like it, but we can’t do much about it. We won’t get another chance.”

“Princess?”

”Twilight is correct. We must agree to his terms.”

You all eventually come to a consensus. “We agree Discord.”

”How delightful.” *snap* Discord appears in a blaze of fire, his grin disheartening. ”Now let me present a new friend of mine…” He points to a window which creaks open allowing some sort of mist inside. It slithers towards Discord, purple and starry in appearance. The mist explodes in light, taking the form of a large female alicorn her hide as dark as night. ”Nightmare Moon.”

Nightmare fucking Moon. You have got to be shitting me. It took the elements to take her down before, and now she’s teaming up with Discord. ”Sister!” Celestia yells taking a few steps forward.

Nightmare Moon gawks at the princess, “Stay back vixen!” She releases a small wheel of fire at her sister, Celestia quickly dispersing the flames harmlessly.

”What have you done to my sister Discord!?”

You can answer that, “The same thing he tried to do to me.” You step back to Celestia, trying to comfort her. “He tried to turn my pain and anger against me, twisting my views to fit his needs.” You look over the corrupted Luna attempting to understand her. How much pain does she hold to do this…? “She was overcome by her feelings, corrupting her into Nightmare Moon once more. She isn’t your sister anymore Celestia, just a puppet of Discord.”

”Bravo Anon,” he makes a show of your discovery, clapping in earnest, “Though I had hoped it would be you standing beside me, but it appears that Ms. Luna will have to do.” This bastard fails at turning you, so he corrupts someone else… Unacceptable. You raise your sword and take stance.

“I’ll die before I join you,” you say taking a few lessons from heroes past.

Discord chuckles, “So be it.”

You charge at Discord, tackling him to the floor. First Strike! Raising your sword, you plunge down at him only for a pair of hooves pounds your ribs, forcing you off Discord. You look over at the group, who are staring in disbelief. “Any help?”

”CHARGE!” Rainbow Dash screams as she bolts into the fray. The others holler as well and come to your aid.

You stand up, Discord and Luna busy with the others. You wince in pain as you breathe; Luna probably broke a few ribs with that hit. Discord notices you and leaves Nightmare Moon to the others. ”Hello Anon, need a hand!?”

He strikes you with the back of his paw, launching your body across the room at his sheer power. It’s going to be one of those days isn’t it? You get up in time to see him slithering back towards you. Sword ready and mind focused. Time to fight back.

You toss a few blasts of energy at him, each fizzling away at impact. Discord closes in, simply absorbing every attack you use. You slash at him, Discord dodging them merrily. Fuck, I hope the others are faring better than me. You slash at him again, dodged. Throw a chaos ball, fizzle. “Having fun Anon?” He grabs you by the throat and picks you up. “I thought you had learned to use your magic by now. Well, my magic.” You’re thrown into air, grasping for something to hold. ”Apparently not…”

You land on a chandelier as you swing to and fro. Damn him, you only trained a couple weeks with Twilight. How could he expect you to have mastered the art of magic? Peering down, the battle rages. Celestia and the others are steadily advancing on Nightmare Moon. Even in that form she can’t take on all of them. “Enjoying the view?” You hear a quick snap and gravity does the rest.

He’s just toying with you as you finally hit the floor, leaping off at the last second and rolling onto your feet. “You asshole.”

”Now now, I know you can do better than that,” he replies, pulling you to your feet. ”I’ve seen you do better than this.” Discord slashes you across the chest with his talon. Fuck! Blood begins soaking through your shirt. You clench your chest in desperation, failing to stop the blood flow. ”That was just a scratch, now fight me!” *snap*

A shortsword appears in Discord’s hands, mimicking your own. ”En garde!” Discord yells as he takes a stab at you.You barely manage to block his attack before he comes in for another. Retreating is the only option you have; you never fenced in your life. Shuffling your feet you back away from Discord, his attacks still spiraling towards you. ”Going so soon?” He asks casually.

“How do-“ You’re interrupted as you clash swords with his. “How are you so good at this?”

”I’m not, you just suck worse than me.” That dick! Have a taste of your own medicine! You lower your sword and unload your magic on him. The explosion sends Discord stumbling backwards. Finally, one of your attacks works. Discord snickers at this little surprise. ”Good, give in to your anger.” Fucking Emperor Discord.

Another blast is sent at him, striking his upper body. He coughs lightly, acting like he’d just swallowed wrong, “Keep it up Anon and you might live till daybreak.” Why won’t he fucking die! Lightning courses from your sword and engulfs Discord. And all he does is laugh.

“Stop laughing and DIE!!!” You sprint at him, only for him to catch you by the neck again.

He looks over you, assessing your damage. Crooking another smile he throws you back down. ”Do you see now?” You rise to your knee, this fight not going very well.

“See what? I know you’re not even trying.”

”See the power within you. Only by releasing your emotions will you even hope to defeat me.” His words puzzle you; magic is mastered through focus not emotion. Unless… You rethink your past, the cloud, the diamond dogs, and even here. The emotions gave you strength…. He’s right, your magic, unlike those of unicorns, relies on the strength of your feelings as opposed to your mind. Your rage, fear, love, hate… It empowers you. Another shit-eating grin graces his face, “Now you get it…” He pulls you back to your feet, readying his sword. ”Again!”

You raise your sword, allowing your anger guide you. Discord lets loose another flurry of strikes catching you off-guard. “Release it Anon, show me what you can do.” Fuck him. You kick Discord’s lower half knocking him back. You look him dead in the eye.

“Hello, my name is Anon Ymous. You killed my father. Prepare to die!” You would’ve made Mr. Patinkin proud today…

You tighten your grip on the handle. “Come on!” Your blade jolts at Discord giving him barely any time to block. You can’t help but smile as your sword cuts towards him. Discord backs away as he is unable to go back on the offensive. He should have thought of this beforehand. With a swipe of your sword, you mange to disarm him, leaving him defenseless. You have him right where you want him. One chop and he’d be out like a light. Discord looks slightly worried now, his odds falling rapidly. You look back over to Nightmare Moon, who’s cornered by your friends. The battle won’t last much longer. But for now, let’s savor the moment. You let your hand come loose, the blade clanging against the floor. You ready your fists, Discord confounded. “No sport,” cracking your knuckles and returning to your stance, “Come on.”

The two of you face off, each ready to strike at the first sign of weakness. You grin at Discord who’s gotten fairly serious. “Hey Discord, what has two eyes but can’t see?”

”Hmm-“

“You. Solar Flare!” Discord brings his hands to his burning eyes, opening himself up. Works like a charm. You leap at Discord, landing a blow on his head, and slide down his back. Taking his tail, you swing him around, gaining momentum. Vigor courses through your veins, augmenting your sheer strength. This is incredible, you feel amazing! You release Discord sending him flying into a nearby wall. Why haven’t you done this sooner?

You walk over to Discord, your muscles twitching in anticipation. You grab him by the wings and toss him around. This guy isn’t even a threat. You kick him in the ribs trying to get a reaction. “Get up! I’m tired of waiting on you.” Another kick, no reaction. “I said get up damn you!” You bring down your fist, Discord catching it in one swipe. He looks at you and laughs. He- he’s still toying with you.

Discord pins you against the wall, helpless. ”Poor Anon. So tough, but so arrogant.” He tightens his grip on your throat. ”Did you really think you could defeat me with the power I gave you!?” You attempt to fire a blast of energy, but he digs his talons into your stomach, your strength slowly being sapped from the wound. You clutch at his hands trying to loosen them from you, but to no avail. ”I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!” Can’t… breathe… You look to Celestia, who’s keeping Nightmare Moon trapped for now. The mane 6 gather behind Discord to prepare the Elements. Just have… to last… a little longer…

”I gave you a chance to join me…” He slams you against the wall repeatedly. ”To be by my side...”Again. ”But I’m done asking…” Again and again he pounds you against the wall, the tower’s foundation shaking at his strength. He locks his talons atop your head. ”Now you’re mine!” He tightens his grip again, cutting off your flow of oxygen completely.

Hurry up girls… You can feel him trying to invade your mind, his claws tearing through your defenses. But- you have to buy the girls more time… just a little more. Anything.

You made a promise to your friends. You told them you wouldn’t rest until Discord was defeated. It appears you’re not going to make good on that promise. Discord continues to force his way inside your head, images flash over in your mind. You see your home that you left behind, the ponies you now call your friends. your night with Rainbow Dash. the power of your rage. the betrayal you felt when they left you.

You will stop Discord, if not for them, then for you. He needs to learn a valuable lesson. A lesson only you can teach. No one fucks with Anon. No one…