• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,553 Views, 67 Comments

Children of Harmony - Flora Spectrum



This is a small collection of stories I have written on the children of the main six. Nothing too special, but at least now this is out of my head and on paper.

  • ...
1
 67
 1,553

Chapter 4

A young ice blue colt jumped up and down while giggling with his mother. Occasionally his dark blue mane adorned with a single hot pink streak would fall and cover his golden eyes only to fly upwards as he jumped.

“We have to start planning next year’s reunion!” he cried with a foalish grin.

“Of course!” his pink mother cried while jumping up and down, “this year’s was super duper fantastulistic stupendously fun meaning we have to aim big if we want to make it even better!”

His mother pulled a marker board out of seemingly nowhere and began scribbling furiously. “Now, if we can measure the happiness levels in sweets, games, decorations and music-“

“Ooh! Don’t forget the ponies! They make it special after all!” Indigo Pop added in.

“Of course Indy! Give yourself a hoofive for that one!”

Indy obliged by throwing his right hoof off screen only to come back and give his left one a solid hoofive as his mother continued giving instructions, "Okay! Now, add up how many ponies we are inviting!”

“Okay let’s see, we have they grown ups, their spouses, the colts and fillies, adds up to thirty one, oh wait! Sweetie Belle should have her foal by then so make that thirty two!”

“Okay!” As his mother went back to scribbling her equation on the board, Indy found himself lost in thought. I can’t wait until the next reunion! It’s the only time I get to see some of my bestest friends! Emerald Shimmer lives so far away in the Crystal Empire and both Lustrous Armor and Harmony are gone a lot for all that important royal stuff. Ooh! Maybe if I plan my birthday early instead of waiting until the week before, they can have their schedules empty and can come! That would be the best birthday ever!

“Hey Indy!”

“Yeah mom?” he said with a smile as his mother’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“We’ll plan your birthday party soon so everypony will be able to come, but let’s finish planning this one first!”

Indy giggled at his mother’s strange way at knowing what he was thinking. “Okay mom.” Indy’s left eye blinked twice and his right ear twitched once. As his mother gasped the same time he did, he knew she sensed it too.

“You know what this means?” Pinkie Pie cried.

“A family of four ponies with a dog expecting puppies any day now is here and they are out looking for a house to rent!” Indy responded with enthusiasm.

“Quick! We have to go find them!” Pinkie cried as she raced out the door.

“And plan their welcome party!” he yelled as he raced after her.

Author's Note:

Yes this chapter is short, but the next two shouldn't be!