• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 924 Views, 42 Comments

The Tale of Adrian - DarthMalentai



Adrian is an average guy. There is really not much else...right? Note: This story has a Sad aspect to it as well.

  • ...
7
 42
 924

Chapter 8

Later in the same day, I walked beside Celestia. She had asked questions over lunch but I had said to save them for later, wanting to not reveal too much to the nice ruler for fear that I would be judged for what I would say about the human race as a whole. During the rest of lunch, I discovered just about how much I could actually eat………One dish. All of the other dishes contained something or another that caused me to shy away. Be it flowers or something that just didn’t sound good, you name it. The only upside, besides eating in a garden and having lunch, was being outside. The downside to being outside was….well….BEING outside. After lunch, she started to ask me questions, and I answered. The questions ranged from history to normal life. The look on her face when I said we were a warlike race was kinda funny. I guess that someone like me couldn’t possibly be violent, then I reminded her about Blueblood and his action towards me.

“If he hadn’t knocked me out with that attack of his, I would have tried to take him down.” I state simply. Looking over to Celestia with a dark look, I notice that she looks surprised. “I do have to ask, out of curiosity of course but how did Blueblood become a prince with how he acts? I mean if I were you, and I am not trying to tell you what to do, I would at least have it to where he was limited in all possible ways for his behavior.”

“I see how you may question his position but rest assured it was a normal way into power,” She looks over to me with a annoyed look. “As fate would have it he was born into the family.” Something causes her to smile, and my only guess is a little Blueblood in a diaper. How on earth that would be cute is beyond me. “Oh if he could have been born into a more conserving family then what you would have seen would not be the true him,” Her eyes downcast at this statement. “His mother and father were, and I do believe this, probably the most ostentatious ponies I have ever seen. I visited their home once and just the amount of gold that they had…was…” Celestia goes quiet, paling (somehow) at what I guess is just the memory.

“Uh…Celestia?” I ask curious.

“S-So….M-Much….G-Gold.” Celestia stutters out. As I looked closer I saw that her pupils were much smaller than they normally were. Stepping back for no real reason I look at her head. Her mouth quivering, and…she is slightly drooling. I have no idea what her problem is.

“Celestiaaa?” I ask worried. I start poking her in the head trying to get her out of whatever the hell she is in. “Celestia, Blueblood just took your tiara.” I say hoping this evokes a response. And what a response that was.

“WHAT!” She shouts at what must have been louder than normal shouting because that had everything on the ground that I could see shaking a little. Her horn bursts into life as her tiara gets lifted. Once sure it is still there she looks at me with an annoyance. “Adrian, that is not funny to joke about Blueblood and my tiara.” She states, and I see that there must have been a slight hint of thanks.

“So besides what must have been a mountain of gold, anything else?” I ask, hoping against hope that there was something else besides “Rich snob child” being pegged to Blueblood.

“Yes, when he was a foal he had the cutest…” And the hours went by as she regaled how cute the little jerk was. I mean I have heard that some parents will drown their childs crush, or if the crush became the persons significant other, and at times try to outdo the others parents. “…and then he had this little bow on for his…5th?...yes 5th Heartswarming Eve, on his little head and it was one of the most adorable things besides my sister when she gets confused about things…” She continues. ‘Has she taken a breathe yet?’ I wonder after having lost interest in what his first word was which, believe it or not, was “Money”.

-God knows how much later-

“Celestia.”

“Yes?”

“That was too much information on how Blueblood became a prince.” I state. After what seemed like hours of describing every aspect of Bluebloods childhood, I was still nowhere near understanding how he has become how he is now. “I mean, yea he might have been cute as a child but can you stop gushing over those memories.” I look at her, and her look conveyed confusion. “Gushing is to be exaggerate something, be it writing or talking. I could talk lengths about how much fun it is painting models for friends but I don’t go to the extent that you did. I-I mean…,” my voice starts to die as I come up with one of the things she said. “D-Did you really have to say how cute it was cleaning him up after his accidents. I mean children are cute and all, even if they kill you in a way, but- ”

“I understand. You can stop now.” Celestia interrupts quickly, completely embarrassed her whole body a faint pink hue. “Here is what I can recall as the first time he started changing,” At that I look straight at Celestia face. “Right around his 8th year he started getting needy. Whenever I saw his parents they looked tired and he would always have something ridiculously expensive on. The downside is that since they were related to family by a loophole, which I had rectified, and by having ties to the royal family they were able to access the royal treasury. Picture anyponies face when they find half of the royal treasury gone and most of it spent on trifles. When we tracked down all of the sales, guess who we found?”

“Blueblood?” I guess, even though I already figured who had done the deed.

“Correct. Blueblood used over 8 million bits on clothes and 20 million on trying to look better. All of this over the course of a single year. ONE year!” Celestia exclaims, obviously exasperated still. “We had to limit his spending so much that he became grabby with everything. Another thing that I forgot to mention, HE BANKRUPTED HIS PARENTS!” She said with enough hatred that I had to guess she liked his parents. “The thing I still cannot fathom is how he could leave his parents penniless, and be content with what he has done. I mean his family had enough gold to make the palace look bland in comparison. If they hadn’t spent so much on him and more on what they normally did then he wouldn’t have this problem. Did you know that Blueblood had a gold pacifier and gold crib?”

“No I didn’t. What is up with his family and gold?” I inquire. ‘How could a family of royalty have so much gold that it make the palace look dull?’ I mentally ask myself.

“They were from a long line of gold miners and merchants. Their family would make gold…whatever really, and sell it. I’d buy a large amount every once in a while to make up for what gets stolen every time the dragon envoys come around. Occasionally the griffon diplomats take spoons, as to why I will never know.” She shrugs what must be her shoulders. I merely shrug with her.

“So, besides the left of gold, and Blueblood spending a large amount of money, was there anything else?” I ask hoping that there could be a root to the problems.

“There is really nothing more. He acts like he did since then. There is no way to tell the origin of what caused his change from a happy, friendly, outgoing colt to this stubborn, ignorant imbecile of a stallion.” She simply mutters while looking downcast. I feel like she might want someone to be there for her but I don’t think it is my place. ‘Fuck it. She clearly needs some form of reassurance.’ I scold myself. I move a little bit closer and reach out my hand. Then I rest it on what might be her shoulders, hell if I know, and leave my hand there. Celestia looks to me confused, then a small smile forms her eyes speaking what does not need to be said.

“Hopefully there will be a way to pull that stick out of his ego’s ass.” I say without thinking, and getting probably the weirdest reaction from the princess yet. Her eyes, just full of thanks, went wide with what I just said. Then out of the blue she started giggling. A lot. I couldn’t help myself but to laugh a little but I was completely lost as to what Celestia was truly laughing about.
-An hour or two later-

As I arrive back to my new room with Celestia I start to notice that she has gone silent again. I put it out of my head as we say good night to each other and I head into the room (The room being somewhat like the room I first woke up in, just nicer and more normal to a fucking penthouse suite) for, hopefully, a good night’s rest will get things set straight in my mind. ‘And hopefully those dreams don’t come back.’ I hopelessly pray to some unknown god. As I look around for what I need to do before bed. After 20 minutes of doing my normal night routine, I go to the bed provided by my new accommodations, and get ready for sleep. I never got fully comfortable before my whole vision blanked into the normal sleep cycle of someone who is extremely stressed. The last thing to cross my mind is ‘Why is there a blue blob in my room?’