• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 925 Views, 42 Comments

The Tale of Adrian - DarthMalentai



Adrian is an average guy. There is really not much else...right? Note: This story has a Sad aspect to it as well.

  • ...
7
 42
 925

Chapter 6

As I approach the giant double doors, I start thinking to myself about how I should address the princess. That thought then starts a chain reaction of ‘why I do I even care?’ to ‘It is only right to address rulers as such.’, and then back again. The rapid fire of worry and carelessness ended with me walking right into the door with a faint thud. The door opens suddenly to a pair of golden armor-clad guards, one a unicorn by the looks of it and the other has no horn. What the other one had were wings. ‘So….it only makes sense that if this is the MLP universe it means that there should be the Mane six and if that is the case…oh god questions galore ahead for me.’ I hope as soon as the thought goes through my mind that there won’t be a certain purple unicorn…wait that’s right she ascended. So hope there isn’t a purple alicorn that will question what I am.

“If you will follow us this way with your meeting with the Princess,” said the unicorn guard. I nod and look at the direction that…she said. I steal a glance at the other guard and notice that he is just staring at me with eyes that want to hurt you if you step just the wrong way. As we start off, I walk a little off just to give the female guard her space but I am not happy that the winged guard…what was the name, again? ‘I’ll ask the princess about the names of the winged ponies if I remember to not be intimidated by her presence.’

-A lot of walking later-

As we pass the 7th set of moderately oversized doors in silence, I start to feel a pressure change in the air. ‘Why does the air feel more….heated, tense? I doubt this can only be Celestia.’ I start hoping to all that is holy that Celestia is still in a good mood, because I do not want to see an angry Celestia like the first time I awoke in this strange world.

“We are almost there just around this corner and then another small stretch,” the unicorn guard said to me. As we turn a corner, I see the most outrageously sized double doors ever. The throne room doors were, at the very least, 30 feet tall, and were white and gold, with accents of other colors to faint to tell. At either side of the doors were a pair of guards that went to attention when we got closer. That pressure was stronger than before, and I was really hoping that there was a happy Celestia and not an angry Celestia.

One of the guards motioned to us to wait when we were nearly at the door, and slipped into the throne room as silently as possible. After a few minutes of waiting, the same guard reappeared and signaled for us to come on in. As we entered the room, I instantly noticed that there was a definite increase in the pressure of the room. As I looked around, slowly walking forward still, I saw a really shiny spot on the ground and guessed that was where I was hit. I started to feel bad for what I had said to Blueblood, even if he deserved it a little bit for calling me ‘it’ and ‘creature’.

As we are around half way through the throne room, I see Celestia waiting with an expectant face. “Ah, it is good to see you up and about, Adrian,” Celestia says with a little bit of a weird tone to her voice. ‘Is that eagerness I sense in her voice?’ I think to myself. Celestia speaks again, “I am sorry but if you remember that second question of yours about food… well you will need to wait for lunch.” I nod in understanding. My initial guess is that I woke up late enough to miss breakfast but before Celestia started whatever she had obligations for.

“I was wondering something….again. When we started getting close to this room I was feeling some pressure from the surrounding air…” I was cut off.

“That may be residual power from me from yesterday when I was getting upset at my nephew. That was right before finding you and him launching a fireball at you.” She said, turning a little away from me. I can see some anger in her eyes at what he must have done.

“If you were thinking that he was completely unprovoked, then you are wrong. It was mostly my fault for instigating the attack that he made upon me but I hate being called ‘it’ and ‘creature’ and talked about like I wasn’t even there,” I state, and she nods at that. Her look doesn’t brighten but instead takes a more disappointed look. “If there was a way that I could have changed what happened to the end result of that I would have done so but with how I react to certain things, and certain people, I cannot really control what I say some of the time.” I finish explaining my reaction to some extent.

“I was hoping that your reaction to his statements wouldn’t get the response that you received. Personally, I was hoping for a better solution and what I got was you unconscious on the ground and Blueblood acting like he defended himself from a dragon,” she said, obviously getting a little bit irritated at just mentioning what happened right after I went out.

“If it is any consolation, I kinda deserved what I got. I can’t always control what I say when others start acting like I am not there,” I say a little ashamed that I admitted a self-fault in front of a person I didn’t even know. ‘Why do I feel comfortable? I don’t trust anyone here and I feel most comfortable around her, why?’ I quickly think to myself. “I do have a question.” She looks at me. “When is lunch?”