• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 1,341 Views, 20 Comments

Terror in Equestria 5: One Thousand Years Later - StormLuna



Celestia and Twilight finish their sentences on the sun and Twilight wants to rise to glory once more. She first must convince Celestia and other powerful ponies to help her to have a chance to do this.

  • ...
15
 20
 1,341

A New Acquisition & Bitter Arguments

Ten days had passed out at sea when Twilight and her envoy could finally see the north island of Neigh Zealand on the horizon. Twilight said, "Finally, we are approaching Neigh Zealand. It will be so nice to set hoof on dry ground."

Shining Armor asked, "Twilight, how do you know they will be accepting of us? What if we get captured there as well?"

Twilight replied, "Don't worry big brother, that won't happen this time. I forgot to cast the loyalty spell when we arrived in Ridead but I will not forget to cast it when we get here. I am also thinking this will be where we get a Lieutenant dark Alicorn and our changeling officers."

LaurFa asked, "But Twilight, what about us having sufficient food to eat? I thought you were going to wait until we got to Faustica to get the rest of our officers?"

Twilight replied, "Oh yeah, that was the plan wasn't it? I guess I have a lot of things on my mind here lately."

Dark Hooves asked, "Twilight, what has been running through your mind?"

Twilight replied, "I just wish that I had not been so foolish over a thousand years ago when I left my spell book out when Colgate got her hooves on it."

LaurFa said, "Twilight, you can't go back and change things. All you can do now is do what you need to do to take back this world which is rightfully yours."

Dark Caves added, "Yes and you know that all of us will do anything and everything to make that dream a reality."

Twilight replied, "Thank you everypony. You don't understand how much that truly means to me."

There was a thud when they made landfall. Shining Armor dropped the anchor but as soon as they stepped onto dry ground they were confronted by a changeling and a dark Alicorn.

Black Lightning, Lyra's top dark Alicorn officer shouted "It's them! They are the ones Lyra warned us about! General Green Dust, cover them in ooze!"

Before they could do that Twilight fired bolts of energy at them knocking them out of the sky. Twilight walked over to where they were laying and gave them a look at could kill.

Twilight said, "Look you two, I know you are only doing what your precious queen has told you to do but I can make things far better for you."

Green Dust asked, "And how could you make things better for us? Queen Lyra treats us like we were her own family."

Twilight glared at the two. She was staring at them and she began to glow purple and her green eyes drew in their attention. She recited, "From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

She fired a powerful bolt of energy which was absorbed by them. They wiped their eyes and got up. Black Lightning said, "Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle, you have my complete and absolute loyalty. I will gladly serve you in any way I can."

Green Dust added, "I shall do the same your Majesty. Your wish is my command."

Twilight smiled at the two and said, "Well you can start by calling me Twilight or Twily since you are on my side now. Could you lead us to the palace so we may meet the rest of the officers here?"

Black Lightning replied, "Yes we can do that but Lyra has given a detailed description of you and she has ordered them to kill you if they see you."

Twilight said, "Oh I think I can make sure they won't do that. I do think that you will need protection from those loyal to Lyra though. Everypony, gather around me."

The two generals wondered why Twilight wanted them to gather around her but they did not question their new leader. They joined everypony else in gathering around Twilight.

Twilight began to glow purple, her eyes were shining green and her horn began to glow as she recited, "The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

A great ball of purple energy shot out of Twilight's horn providing armor for her envoy. They walked into town towards the palace. Very quickly all of Lyra's forces started firing energy at them. But to their dismay, the energy just bounced off of them and damaged a few buildings. Very quickly they saw that the generals were with them and stopped their attack.

Colonel Dark Ice confronted general Black Lightning. He asked, "General Black Lightning, I know it is wrong for me to confront a higher officer but I must ask, what the hay are you doing with the enemy and even more, why the hay are you being protected by her armor spell?"

Black Lightning replied, "Look everypony, I know that Lyra is a good leader and treats us well but with me I have the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle. She will treat us much better and provide more for us than Lyra could ever dream of doing. Green Dust and I have already sworn our loyalty to her. I believe that it is in our best interests to join her side as well."

Dark Ice shouted, "NEVER! I will never betray Lyra!"

Twilight glared at him and said, "You will betray Lyra if you know what is good for you!"

"Oh what?" asked Dark Ice "What, are you going to kill those of us who don't betray Lyra?"

Twilight became enraged and fired a powerful bolt of energy at him, incinerating him. She then shouted to the rest of Lyra's forces, "This is what will happen if you don't join me! Either join my side or die!"

All the rest of Lyra's forces did not need the loyalty spell cast upon them. The citizens down in Neigh Zealand were very fearful of Twilight but knew that they better bow to her. Twilight flew up to the balcony of Lyra's castle to address her new subjects. She started out, "Hello my beloved subordinates! I am so happy to have you as my subjects!" Her voice began to drip with sarcasm as she continued her address. "I want you to know that if you have any problems you can just come to me for now and I will help you in any way I can!"

A citizen in the crowd asked, "I mean no disrespect your Majesty but I have no clue who you are."

Twilight could tell that the citizen seriously did not know who she was. She answered, "I am the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle. I want you to know that I am a very forgiving pony who treats all of her subjects very well."

Most of the rest of the crowd knew who she was and that she was lying, but they didn't dare say anything. Twilight continued, "I am also sure you are wondering where Queen Lyra is."

The crowd asked, "Yes, we are. Where is she?"

Twilight replied, "Well she has flown to Ponyville in Equestria to become a subordinate officer for Supreme Commander Colgate."

A pony out in the crowd shouted, "SHE DID WHAT? She abandons us so she can be somepony else's lap dog. The hay with Lyra, you have my allegiance your Majesty!"

The rest of the crowd began to chant "Down with Lyra, long live Twilight."

Twilight was standing up there on the balcony smiling at the newly loyal crowd. She realized that she had won them over with a lie. This made her feel very happy.

Shining Armor whispered to her, "Twily, how can you just lie to them like that? What are you going to do when Lyra returns?"

Twilight replied, "Lyra WON'T RETURN. She will be destroyed in the war in Ponyville!"

Shining Armor asked "What about all these ponies? They basically worship you already. Chances are they will want you to move here and be with them. I doubt that you want to move down here now do you?"

Twilight growled, "Well duh I don't want to nor do I plan on moving down here. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. For now just let me enjoy the adoring cheers from the crowd."

Shining Armor just shrugged his shoulders as his little sister stood there waving and smiling at a crowd that loved her yet she just views them as mere subordinates.

In Ponyville Colgate is watching this and realizes that Lyra must be notified of this at once. She knew that her and Lemon Hearts eat at the cafe at that time everyday so she flew down to let Lyra know what was going on.

Lyra and Lemon Hearts were sitting down to lunch discussing various things. Lemon Hearts asked, "Lyra, when do you think Colgate will have us being a normal part of her meetings? After all, we will return to being queens of our countries after Twilight is defeated."

Lyra replied, "I hope it will be before too long. I feel like I am wasting time by being here." They both see Colgate flying down towards the cafe and Lyra said, "Well I suppose we might find out now."

When Colgate arrived she asked, "Lyra, Lemon Hearts, do you two have some time to spare?"

Lyra asked, "Why? You sure don't seem to keep us informed on anything that is happening anymore."

Colgate replied, "Look you two, this is important. There are things going on in both of your realms that you must know about."

Lemon Hearts asked, "Can't we at least finish our meals first?"

Colgate replied, "Fine. Finish your meals, I will just wait here and you two can finish your measly salads."

This comment really bothered them but they realized that Colgate eats a lot of meat and eats large meals so they could understand why she would say that. After they finished their meals they followed Colgate up to the throne room. Once they arrived Colgate slammed the doors and looked at them very seriously.

Lemon Hearts asked, "Ok Colgate, what is this all about and what is it that is so important about happenings in our realms that you had to rush us through an enjoyable lunch."

Colgate rolled her eyes and said, "Well look you two. There are major threats to your power in your countries. Lemon Hearts, your generals and colonels have basically taken full control of Saddle Arabia. Also, for a brief time Twilight and her minions were being held captive there until some goody-good major freed them. Then after that a captain and a lieutenant defected as well."

Lemon Hearts shouted, "WHAT? My military had Twilight and her minions in prison and I was not notified about it? Why the hay was I not notified about it? What, am I not important enough for you to share things with that involve MY realm until you see fit?"

Colgate stared down Lemon Hearts and replied, "Look Lemon Hearts, I kept you in the dark on this because I didn't want you to go leaving Equestria because we need you here. Saddle Arabia needs you here."

Lemon Hearts shouted, "Look, you still could have told me about what was going on. You are starting to act more like Twilight everyday it seems."

Colgate got in her face and screamed, "You know what Lemon Hearts, I can find somepony else to go over and rule in Saddle Arabia. Remember, I am the one who elevated you to being a queen there instead of a mere steward."

Lemon Hearts shied down and realized that Colgate was right. She replied, "Ok Colgate, I understand."

Lyra asked, "What about MY country, how long have you been hiding what is going on down there from me?"

Colgate replied, "Try around an hour. I have been watching things down there and when I saw what was happening, I felt that it was necessary to tell you immediately."

Lyra shouted, "What is going on in my country? Stop beating around the bush and let me know!"

Colgate glared at her and said, "Alright Lyra, I will tell you EXACTLY what is going on in your country. Twilight and her minions docked there around an hour and a half ago and she immediately brainwashed your two generals and now she has managed to win over the rest of your military and the entire population of your capitol down there. They adore her now and they bought into a lie she told them about you accepting a position working under me."

Lyra looked like she was going to head for the door when Colgate stood in front of her with her wings spread and she said, "You're not going anywhere Lyra. You need to stay here and help me. Remember, I can always give the monarchy down there to somepony else or I can simply hand power over there to the highest ranking officers who are still against Twilight."

Lyra started screaming, "How can you be like this. You are WORSE than Twilight! You act like the information you have is to be kept secret from everypony else. It is almost like you and those in your innermost circle are like some secret government agency. At least with Twilight she did it for her own best interests."

Colgate stood before both of them and said, "Look, I know the way I handled telling you this information was wrong, but seriously, we need you here. Your nations need you here."

Lyra asked "But what about everypony turning against me and loving Twilight now?"

Colgate replied, "Don't worry about that right now. Once Twilight is defeated you can easily brainwash them all to love you again. From this point forward, you will be part of every meal here and every meeting, how does that sound?"

Lemon Hearts said, "Well that will make matters much better. Both of us know that you and your inner circle discuss things none of the rest of us know and we are sure that you share everything with Scootaloo."

Colgate replied, "Well I do share everything with her because she is my second in command. If anything was to ever happen to me, she would become Supreme Commander of Equestria. Oh by the way, I will have a bedroom ready for you two to share. It will have its own bath and balcony. Since you two are going to be attending EVERY meal and EVERY meeting I need you to live here."

They looked at each other and Lemon Hearts said, "Sure, we can do that. Just promise us that we will be kept in the loop of what is going on from this point forward."

Colgate replied, "Well given that you will be in all of these meetings you will know what is going on. Now just hang around, your bedroom will be ready in a couple of hours. Besides, you two need to get to know your way around in here better since you will be living here."

While the arguments they had with Colgate were bitter, both of them finally realized that Colgate knows what is best and in a couple of hours they were shown their room. Lemon Hearts said "Wow, this is amazing! It has a view to die for!"

Lyra added, "I know." Lyra laid back on her bed and sank into it. She continued, "and this bed is so comfy! I hope once Twily is defeated Colgate will let me take this home with me."

Lemon Hearts laid back in her bed and she sank in. She replied, "I know, mine is so comfy too! I am so happy that we decided to stay!"

Colgate was standing around the corner from the entrance to their room. She walked away and said to herself, "Well, this was a tough one but we convinced them to stay. Give ponies enough luxuries, and you have them right where you want them!"

Author's Note:

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Release Brevity Thrash--- "She was banished long ago, but her power she will not forego, it is revenge she wants, it is her sister she shall taunt, for Brevity Thrash shall return once more and be more than just long lost lore."

PINKIE'S SPELL

"The changeling's power is good, but not great, they can fire ooze but not enough to make their foes lose, for them to be great, they must fire bolts of hate, the energy shall be strong so their enemies won't last for long."

Twily's dark Alicorns

General Dark Hooves
Colonel Dark Caves
Major Ice Wind
Captain Dark Sky

Colgate's dark Alicorns

General Dark Night
Colonel Black Mist
Major Frigid Wind
Captain Black Ice
Lieutenant Dark Crystal

Changelings

General Lightning Storm
Colonel Green Toxin
Major Deadly Cloud
Captain Green Storm
Lieutenant Southern Haze