• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 1,341 Views, 20 Comments

Terror in Equestria 5: One Thousand Years Later - StormLuna



Celestia and Twilight finish their sentences on the sun and Twilight wants to rise to glory once more. She first must convince Celestia and other powerful ponies to help her to have a chance to do this.

  • ...
15
 20
 1,341

The Great Betrayal

Colgate had finally calmed down from her rant by supper time. She along with everyone in her inner circle gathered in the dining hall for supper. That night there was a larger than normal supper planned. Despite her having had them for a while, Scootaloo still got excited over the large meals Colgate served, perhaps because of the time during her youth when she was an orphan she had very little to eat.

Scootaloo noticed that Celestia looked very nervous and was biting her hooves more than she was eating. Scootaloo asked, "Celestia, are you ok? You seem to be eating more hoof than you are supper."

Celestia looked scared and replied, "Oh I'm fine Scootaloo. I just have a lot of things on my mind."

Scootaloo asked, "Are you still upset because you can't get your power up to the same level as Luna can?"

Celestia snapped, "No! That is not it! Why must you continue to bring that up?"

Colgate shouted, "Look you two. Supper is no place to discuss things like that. Remember what I have been saying for over a thousand years?"

Celestia grunted, "Yes we know. You have always said that armies who don't discuss military matters during meals do better than those who do."

Brevity asked, "Colgate, what do we have planned for after supper?"

Colgate replied, "Well I was thinking that we could have a short meeting in the throne room. Nothing serious, just touch base and after that enjoy one another's company."

Celestia became even more nervous upon hearing this and said, "You know what, I'm not hungry. Somepony else can have the rest of my supper."

Scootaloo levitated Celestia's plate over to herself and devoured it. She said, "Thanks Celestia! I was still hungry anyway!"

Celestia just grunted and hoped that nothing would come up about her behavior during their meeting.

Supper was finally over and they headed to the throne room for their meeting. Colgate was curious as to why Celestia was behaving so oddly and she wasn't the only one. Everypony was wondering why she was acting so strangely. Brevity Thrash was very suspicious of her and decided she would confront her over it.

"Celestia, why are you acting so strangely? Brevity is worried about you." asked Brevity

Celestia was kind of afraid of Brevity but knew she better answer. Celestia replied, "Well ok, I will admit it. I am upset with myself that I can't get my energy levels up to Luna's."

Luna commented, "Come on dear sister, your powers are more than sufficient to defeat our enemies."

Celestia began to sob and said, "But still little sister, how would you feel if you were the older sister but your younger sibling had more power than you?"

Luna sighed and said, "Look Celestia, it wasn't all that long ago that you finished your 1,000 year sentence of banishment on the sun. You will get your stronger abilities back soon enough."

Celestia started crying harder and harder and then took off for her room. Brevity saw this and was not happy. She grunted, "Well Brevity thinks she is up to something. What we are not sure of right now but she is up to something. Colgate, Brevity thinks we need to keep a closer eye on her."

Colgate replied, "I agree Brevity. I don't know if she would betray us or not. I wouldn't think so because she has it so good here. She basically lives better than she did when she was a princess in Canterlot."

Luna added, "She does. Yes taking part in military exercises was not part of what Canterlot royalty did but still, the meals we get here are far better than anything Canterlot ever had to offer, not to mention far more filling."

Scootaloo asked, "Do you think she is upset because she isn't the top pony in charge like she used to be?"

Colgate replied, "Oh I doubt it because she was gladly subservient to Twilight for years. I think this has to do with Luna being more powerful than her. Now let's stop with all this business talk. Let's just enjoy one another's company. Besides, I have some dessert coming in any minute."

Luna added, "Yeah and with Celestia not being here, that will mean more nomnoms for the rest of us!"

In her room Celestia was crying yet at the same time she was angry. She felt as though Luna was mocking her by telling her that she will eventually get all of her old powers back. She decided that the time had come. She decided it was time to fly west to Faustica and wait for Twilight to recruit her and her parents to retake the world.

Finally around midnight everypony else headed to bed. By this point, they had all forgot about Celestia's temper tantrum during their meeting. Colgate took one final look through the great eye before turning in for the night and saw that Twilight's journey was going as planned yet it did not worry her. By one in the morning everypony was asleep, except for Celestia. She was ready for the long trip. She went to her balcony and took off towards the west. She said to herself, "Alright Celestia, don't look back. You know you have it good here but you deserve better."

The following morning came quickly for Colgate as she had stayed up late the night before. She got out of bed and before brushing her mane and tail she took a look into the eye and was not pleased what she saw off to the west. She saw that Celestia had arrived at the coast. She levitated a dresser and was ready to slam it into the wall but then realized that losing her composure was not the right way to go. She flew down to Scootaloo's office and told her "Scootaloo, we have a serious problem."

Scootaloo looked up and asked, "What is wrong?"

Colgate growled, "It is Celestia. She has betrayed us. She has flown off to the west to the coast. I am thinking she is flying to Faustica to join forces with Galaxia and Cosmos."

Scootaloo asked, "Well maybe she is going there to aid them in defeating Twilight when she shows up there."

This irritated Colgate. She replied, "Or maybe she is going there to be with them when Twilight recruits them. You know that Twily will quickly brainwash them to be loyal to her, that is if they aren't already loyal to her. Let's talk about this later. It is time for breakfast and I am hungry."

They headed to the dining hall and found Brevity and Dark Night were already there. Brevity asked, "What kept you two? Is there something wrong?"

Colgate replied, "We will discuss this after breakfast. All I will say is that what has happened is not good."

Luna arrived just as Colgate was saying this. She said, "Colgate, Celestia is not in her room and I can't find her anywhere. I have a feeling she may have betrayed us."

Dark Night commented, "I think that Luna is probably right. What are we going to do?"

Colgate growled, "Look, we will discuss this AFTER breakfast. I am hungry and our food is arriving. Let's eat."

Despite being angry Colgate basically inhaled her food that morning. She wanted to hurry up and discuss what was going on. Finally after thirty minutes everypony else had finished their breakfast and they went to the throne room where Colgate addressed them.

"Alright" said Colgate "I am sure you heard about what Luna and Dark Night were saying about Celestia and believing that she has betrayed us. They are right, she took off in the middle of the night and has flown off to the west and is currently feasting on apples on the west coast."

Brevity suggested, "Well Brevity thinks that we should send our military after her and capture her. We think she should be executed for this."

Dark Night replied, "I agree with Brevity but it is your call Colgate. You are our Supreme Commander."

Colgate said, "Well I think we should let the tyrant go to Faustica. She will be coming back here as a member of Twily's army. Besides, I have plans for Twily and those she will have with her on their voyage from Neigh Zealand to Alicorn Island."

Brevity asked, "What kinds of plans are those?"

Colgate replied, "For now those plans are classified. Once the time is right, you will find out."

This frustrated everypony else but they knew that Colgate keeps some plans classified for a reason. Dark Night had a feeling that she was going to summon a super storm to destroy them but he wasn't going to say anything.

Scootaloo asked, "Colgate, is there anything else that we need to discuss?"

Colgate replied, "No there is not. This meeting is adjourned. Just keep doing things the way you always would. As for me, I am going to go and monitor Celestia's movements."

Out at the coast Celestia had just finished gorging on apples and drinking water and she looks off to the west-southwest. She thought to herself, "This is going to be a horribly long flight, but I know I can make it."

She took off and didn't fly too fast as she did not want to wear herself out. She realized that if she flew too fast she wouldn't even make it halfway. Finally around four in the afternoon Alicorn Island and Faustica were off in the distance. She got a huge grin on her face and then sped up for the final mile of her journey. Once she arrived in town she landed on the balcony of the royal palace.

Queen Galaxia saw something out there and rushed to the balcony thinking it may be an intruder but saw it was Celestia. She asked, "So Celestia, what brings you on here? Shouldn't you be over aiding Colgate in whatever plans she has?"

Celestia replied, "Mom, I feel like they don't appreciate me. Colgate had me test my abilities and they were not up at the same levels as Luna's and Luna kept on talking about how someday my full abilities will return."

Galaxia said, "Well given that you just escaped from the sun not that long ago it will take you a while to become more powerful than Luna again."

Celestia asked, "And mom, why did you lie to Luna and I about Brevity Thrash. You told us that she was just an old pony tale. It took me seeing her when Colgate took her to Ponyville to know that she was real."

Galaxia replied, "I will tell you why. A long time ago, before Brevity was banished LaurFa told us that she wanted to banish Brevity and that we were to never mention her existence to anypony and we wanted to keep our promise to her."

King Cosmos came out to the balcony to see what was going on and he ran over to Celestia and hugged her. "Celestia! What brings you here? Did you finally realize that Colgate was simply using you as a pawn to keep her plans on how the world should be ran?" asked Cosmos

Celestia replied, "It wasn't that. It was because I couldn't get my levels up to what Luna's were out on the testing range. She tried to keep my confidence up by saying that I had powers strong enough to aid in defeating any foes and even worse Brevity Thrash's powers are so great that Colgate told her she could probably defeat an army of 10,000 all on her own. That really hurt my self-confidence."

Cosmos asked, "So you finally discovered that Brevity really exists. I figured that would happen when our lookouts told us about a blue Alicorn taking a yellow Alicorn with pink mane back with her to the east."

Celestia began to cry and said, "I just don't get it. I thought Colgate was the perfect leader and would be perfect for the world. But now I realize that in her world that the most power I would have would be being mayor of Canterlot if she didn't destroy it first."

Galaxia asked, "Canterlot? Canterlot has been nothing but ruins for hundreds of years."

Celestia replied, "I know at the time of my return that it was in ruins but I wanted to believe that I could bring it back and restore it to the glorious city it used to be."

Cosmos looked at his daughter and could see that she was exhausted. He said, "Come on my daughter, it is supper time and it looks like you could really use something to eat."

Celestia replied, "I am awfully hungry after that long flight. Let's get a bite to eat."

Celestia and her parents headed to the dining hall to grab a bite to eat. While they did this Colgate was monitoring their every move from her black tower in Ponyville. Scootaloo was with her as she was watching this. Colgate said, "You know Scootaloo, I think it is all for the best that Celestia betrayed us."

Scootaloo had a stunned look on her face and asked, "Why?"

Colgate replied, "Well I was watching their discussion over why she left us and she started crying over her feeling like she was nothing more than a pawn to me. I swear, it seems like she will break down and sob over anything. Well she is THEIR liability now, not ours. Having a weak link like that would not have been in our best interests."

Scootaloo said, "Wow, I didn't know she was that much of a crybaby! You're right, we don't need a weak link like that."

Colgate replied, "Well I am hungry. Let's go get a late night snack before it is time to hit the hay."

Author's Note:

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Release Brevity Thrash--- "She was banished long ago, but her power she will not forego, it is revenge she wants, it is her sister she shall taunt, for Brevity Thrash shall return once more and be more than just long lost lore."

PINKIE'S SPELL

"The changeling's power is good, but not great, they can fire ooze but not enough to make their foes lose, for them to be great, they must fire bolts of hate, the energy shall be strong so their enemies won't last for long."

Twily's dark Alicorns

General Dark Hooves
Colonel Dark Caves
Major Ice Wind
Captain Dark Sky

Colgate's dark Alicorns

General Dark Night
Colonel Black Mist
Major Frigid Wind
Captain Black Ice
Lieutenant Dark Crystal

Changelings

General Lightning Storm
Colonel Green Toxin
Major Deadly Cloud
Captain Green Storm
Lieutenant Southern Haze