• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 897 Views, 20 Comments

The System - The System



System accidentally falls through a crack in time and ends up in a mysterious, dense jungle, and dangers ensues. Find out just what happens next!

  • ...
10
 20
 897

The Shadows of Night Pt.1

Author's Note:

Description: System and Daring travel to 1002 A.D. to witness the banishment of Nightmare Moon, before they realize they must make history. But there was something else with System. Something in the shadows...

-( Canterlot, 1002 A.D. )-

*Red TARDIS landing*

System stepped out, dressed in the clothes from the crash, and looked around.

"Here we are! 1002 A.D.!"

Daring stepped shortly after him. "What's so special about this year?"

"This is the exact day Nightmare Moon was banished to the moon. So this trip is more like a history lesson."

Suddenly, they were surrounded by royal guards.

"Halt! Stay where you are!"

System put his arms up again.

"What's wrong? Is it something I did?"

"You are hereby arrested for trespassing, Diamond Dog."

"Diamond Dog? I am not a Diamond Dog, I'll have you know! I'm a Time Lord."

They all had a sign of shock on their faces. The leader spoke up.

"Get the princess. Tell her we found him."

They put their spears down. "Sorry about that, System."

"How did you know my name?"

"Which one are you? 5th? 3rd?"

"If you are asking about my regeneration, I'm the first."

"Oh dear."

"Is something wrong?"

"Your future regenerations came here further in the past, and you came to know Celestia well. But this is very bad. Like you said, it's all timey wimey."

The guard from earlier suddenly returned. "The Princess is planning her next attack. She wants to speak with him in the castle."

"Daring, you go with the guards. I need to move Red TARDIS anyways."

"Alright."

System stepped back inside. *Red TARDIS takeoff*

-( Canterlot Castle )-

*Red TARDIS landing*

System stepped out of Red TARDIS, and looked around.

"Much bigger than I thought it would be."

He heard hoofsteps coming from down the hall, and he turned and looked.

"Celestia! Good to see you."

"You came at a good time, System. We need your help."

"Is it about that fight between you and your sister? I don't think I can help you with that-"

She stopped him right there.

"What do you mean "you can't"?"

"...I will see what I can do."

They continued walking.

"So, which one are you?"

"The first."

"I see. Well, we need to get down to buisness."

Celestia stepped into a brightly lit room with four lanterns. In the center of the room was a table with a map.

"My previous plan to attempt to stop my sister had failed. But they all should've worked."

"What was the problem?"

"Other soldiers have been giving reports of skeletons in the forest and shadows out of place. I thought at first that it was Luna's magic, but I believe it is something much more dark."

"It is."

"What?"

He looked at Celestia.

"The Vastha Nerada are here, and they're hungry."

System looked down, then stepped back.

"Celestia, how many lanterns are in this room?"

"There's four, why?"

"Look at the shadows."

She looked down. There were four extra shadows stretching outward.

"Get back!"

"What's going on?"

"I said they were hungry. Right now hungry. And they just found their feast."

One of the lanterns went out.

"Get ready to run for it."

They backed towards the doors. Another lantern went out. And then another.

"When the lights go out, run."

It went dark. "RUN!"

They sprinted out of the room and headed for the exit of the castle. Lights began going out everywhere.

"Get outside!"

They quickly opened the doors and ran outside, just to see the guards and Daring coming up the steps.

System quickly pulled out the sonic screwdriver, and locked the doors to the castle. He then grabbed a lit lantern being hung next to the castle.

"No ones going back in there. Too dangerous."

"System, what's going on?"

"We were attacked by Vastha Nerada."

"What's that?"

"Living shadows that eat your flesh in a matter of seconds."

"Is the princess okay?"

"I'm fine. We still have an attack to take place, and I have the perfect plan."

"Everyone take a lantern, a torch; anything with a light source, for this very night in history, no one is safe."