• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 898 Views, 20 Comments

The System - The System



System accidentally falls through a crack in time and ends up in a mysterious, dense jungle, and dangers ensues. Find out just what happens next!

  • ...
10
 20
 898

Temple of the Daleks Pt.3

"System, wait up!"

Daring looked for a better way down. Now that she looked at it, the clearing looked more like a crater. Yet, she skidded down the side of the "crater" until she was at the bottom.

"A little small for a pyramid, wouldn't you think?"

"That's about as big things would get around here."

He put his paw on it, then quickly pulled away.

"They're in here alright. But where's the entrance?"

He began to go around the dark pyramid, and came around the other way.

"Completely sealed off. Hold on."

He pulled out the metal stick again, and seemed to scan the the whole thing.

"Hey, what is that?"

"What's what?"

"That thing you're holding."

He stopped scanning, and looked at her.

"Sonic screwdriver."

"Sonic what now?"

"Something that comes in handy when you need it."

He opened a slot in the side of a pyramid, and stuck the screwdriver inside it.

"If I could just..."

Suddenly, the wall slid upwards, revealing a way in.

"There we are! Dalek technology can be pretty stubborn sometimes."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing important."

System into the open passageway, and Daring followed quickly after. Inside was nothing compared to what Daring ever saw. A one way window was on one side of the room, with controls under it. A screen was on another side of the room, along with more controls.

"What is this place?"

"An escape pod. And we're only seeing the top of it."

"Does that mean-"

"Precisely. The whole ship is below us. But I've never seen a ship like this."

An elevator open on the last wall, revealing two more Daleks.

"Stay where you are!"

System put his cane down.

"Don't shoot. We surrender."

"Drop ALL your weapons!"

He pulled out the sonic screwdriver, and put it down.

"You will come with me."

"Come on, Daring-"

"Just the Time Lord."

The Dalek pointed its laser at Daring. System froze.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"We came only for you. We will leave only with you."

System looked at the Dalek with dread. Then he leapt forward.

"Aaaaah!" The Dalek shot frantically around the room, trying to get him off.

"Daring, the screwdriver!"

She quickly reacted, sliding the screwdriver across the floor to the System. He quickly grabbed it, and quickly shut down the Dalek. He backed away from it.

"What did you do?"

It suddenly exploded, pieces of metal and flesh flying across the room, leaving a flaming Dalek shell.

"I made a way in. Come on!"

They both quickly made their way into the elevator, riding it down into the heart of the ship.

Author's Note:

These chapters are short because I'm trying to fit in more than one story in each story, or something along the lines of that.