• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 897 Views, 20 Comments

The System - The System



System accidentally falls through a crack in time and ends up in a mysterious, dense jungle, and dangers ensues. Find out just what happens next!

  • ...
10
 20
 897

The Shadows of Night FINAL

"We still have the Elements of Harmony."

"That's good, so where are they?"

Celestia turned to face the castle.

"Inside."

"Which sector of the castle do you keep them?"

"The Cathedral."

"Hold on."

He pulled out his sonic screwdriver, and pointed it at the ground next to him.

"Everyone step back."

"System, what are you-"

*Red TARDIS landing*

"Red TARDIS recognizes the signal the screwdriver emits, so I'm able to call it when I need it. Daring, come on."

"Yes sir!"

"Celestia, are you coming?"

She stood silent for a moment.

"For my kingdom and my sister."

She followed System inside.

"Now, just need to set coordinates to the Cathedral and-"

"It's bigger on the inside. System, how are you doing this?"

"Red TARDIS exists inside its own dimension, now give me a moment, will ya?"

The doors suddenly closed. *Red TARDIS takeoff*

-( Canterlot Castle, The Cathedral )-

*Red TARDIS landing, doors opening*

"Tell me, why did you keep the Elements here?"

"After defeating Discord and turning him into stone, we noticed there is much more evil in the world than we thought, so we kept them locked up in here when needed, just in case."

"Clever thinking, Celestia-"

"Hate to stop the conversation you two, but we got guards coming!"

They both turned. Two strange-looking guards were charging straight ahead towards them, and a wave of darkness was right behind them.

"Get that shut NOW!"

Daring quickly closed the two large doors, as the System locked it with the screwdriver.

"We need to get those Elements right now."

"Right!"

They both ran over to the other side of the room, where the large door awaited them.

"Celestia, get that door open-."

"System, will the door hold them?"

"Certainly not, but it'll give us some time, and I am really good with time-!"

"Got it open!"

"Great!"

System quickly grabbed the box containing the Elements and made a run for it.

"Come on! We need to get out of here!"

*door smashing*

"They broke through!"

"JUST GET IN!!!"

They quickly hurried inside. System hurried over to the console.

*Red TARDIS flight, window crashing*

"Hope that window can be replaced!"

"What are you doing?!"

"Manual flight! Hold on!"

*Red TARDIS landing*

"Sorry 'bout the rough landing!"

"Still have the Elements?"

"The box is still intact, so that's a 1-up. Come on, we need to get moving!"

They hurried outside, to where the guards were waiting.

"Princess, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Celestia, it's time." She turned to face the System. He was holding out the box with the Elements.

"Of course it is," she agreed, taking the box from his paw.

-( Forest Clearing )-

They returned to the clearing, where the Vastha Nerada stood.

"I was waiting for you to come back. And I see you've brought your friends."

Celestia began to open the box.

"Don't hesitate, Celestia. This is for you sister's own good."

"What's that you have there?"

Celestia stepped more into the clearing. The Elements began to take effect.

"What do you think you're doing?"

A bright beam of light began to surround Celestia.

"I'm sorry, Luna."

"Stop it! Just stop it now!"

The beam of light shot directly at the Vastha Nerada. The light surrounded them and the beam shot towards the moon as Luna began to dissolve.

"AHHHHHHHHhhhhhh...!"

The magic just seemed to wear away. Celestia fell back to the ground, along with 5 spherical stones.

"The deed is done, Celestia."

-(- 4 hours later -)-

For the first time in 2 years, sun shined across the land as the townsfolk rejoiced. The world was at peace once again.

Celestia has saved her sister from the Vastha Nerada, but all was not done.

"Thank you, System, for helping me defend my kingdom."

"There's still one I need to take care of."

System walked into a large field right next to the forest.

"Heeeeelloooooooooooooooo! I would like to speak with the Vastha Nerada, please!"

Thousands of shadows pull away from the forest into the opening. Behind him, the large castle doors flung open as more shadows streamed down the steps towards the others.

Soon, there was a huge shadow in the middle of the sunlight.

"I've got three questions for all of you. First, your ship crashed here exactly 4 years ago, and with the instinct of survival, you were going to use Celestia's sister to take the planet by force. Am I correct?"

The large shadow made out the word "yes".

"Okay. But, we set Luna to the moon, where you can't control her, so your efforts turn out useless, and your conquest failed. Again, am I correct?"

Again, they made out the word "yes".

"Okay. Last one. I'm willing to make you all an offer. I will find you a new home where you can live peacefully IF you promise to leave these poor, innocent creatures alone. Do we have a deal?"

Nothing happened for a few moments, before the word "yes" was shown yet again.

"Now, if you would kindly step into Red TARDIS, that would be great."

The large shadow flowed across the landscape, and into Red TARDIS, with the System right it.

"Don't worry. I'll be right back. Gotta find these guys a new planet."

*Red TARDIS takeoff, Red TARDIS landing*

"There we are! Now, Celestia, I think it's time to say goodbye. Come along, Daring!"

"Until next time, System."

"See you then!"

*Red TARDIS takeoff*

-( END )-