• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 897 Views, 20 Comments

The System - The System



System accidentally falls through a crack in time and ends up in a mysterious, dense jungle, and dangers ensues. Find out just what happens next!

  • ...
10
 20
 897

Temple of the Daleks Pt.1

Author's Note:

Alright, I'm going to lay some ground rules about this story so you don't bug me later.

1. No criticism. This is literally my 3rd retry on making this thing.

2. The System will wear the same clothes as the Doctor. (6th System wears 6th Doctors clothes)

3. 1 Story collection of the System = 1 year of the Doctor. (8th and 9th will be prolonged)

-( London, Earth, 2012 )-

The moonlight gleamed on the sleeping city, making the Earth shine below it.

One man however was still wandering the the streets, cane in hand.

System continued to walk back to Red TARDIS. His shadow far across buildings and streets as he continued to walk.

A red telephone booth could be seen ahead of him, while he slowly sped up from a walk to a sprint.

He pulled a key out of his pocket, unlocked the doors, and stepped inside.

The interior hum greeted him as he walked up to the console. Clocks ticked away as they were reaching the "twelfth" hour.

"One last trip, eh?"

*Red TARDIS*

Every was going smoothly. At least for a little bit.

The Main Console room began to shake. Clocks rung banged with noise.

A sharp pain rushed through his body as his tried to keep himself from falling over.

A yellow glow began to protrude from his hands.

"No! This wasn't supposed to happen yet! Not here!"

He exploded with yellow light. The clocks seemed to scream at him as Red TARDIS continued to fall.

Then it all seemed to stop.

-(- The Next Day -)-
(-- Daring Do --)

"Exterminate!"
"Exterminate!"

Daring ran for her life as see was pursued by strange, yet aggressive machines.

She didn't know where they came from or why they're here, but she stayed focused on running away. The machines showed no sign of stopping.

Knowing she couldn't run forever, Daring jumped into the bushes, out of sight.

"The female has escaped!"

"The equine must not know of our plans. She will be exterminated on sight!"

"Yes, Commander."

The "Commander" looked in her direction, they went back the way it came.

Daring knew the path was not safe, be she could make her way around the area instead. She continued in the dense foliage, trying to make her way around.

She looked up. A trail of smoke raised upward from somewhere in the jungle. Somewhere nearby. Perhaps there was somepony who could help her! She began to make her way towards the source of the smoke.

When she entered a small clearing, she found the very opposite of what she was expected.

There was a red "telephone" box hanging from a few loose vines, and a Diamond Dog on the ground, dressed as if he was going to a fancy dinner party. A cane was lying on the ground next to it, the handle shaped into a question mark.

She stood there, staring at him. Suddenly, the vines snapped. The box fell onto the ground with a loud thud, and the Diamond Dog began to stir.

Daring quickly where it couldn't see her, be where she could see it. The Diamond Dog slowly began to raise himself into a sitting position, and reached for the cane, until-

"Paws? But how?"

They went up to his face, and reached into his pocket and pulled a small, square object, supposedly a mirror.

"I've regenerated into a dog?!"

He stood straight up, then looked down.

"Still bipedal, though."

He began to look around.

"Some sort of jungle. Thick foliage. I wonder why Red TARDIS landed here. Oh well, I need to get dressed!"

Out of another pocket, he pulled out a small key, unlocked the box, and went inside.

He forgot to close the doors.

Daring step away from hiding spot. She slowly began to approach the red box.

Next thing she knew, she was inside. The interior hum ran through the floor, making it vibrate under her. Clocks ran across the walls, big and small, but they all seem broken.

She looked at the outside of the box, then the inside, then the outside. She began pacing around the box, occansionally stepping inside and right back out.

Finally, when her mind was able process what was going on here, she went further inward, and began looking at the console. Button and switches and levers and knobs, any and every control seemed to be attached to the machinery.

Daring turned her attention to the clocks. They all seemed to have the minute hand on 1.

Footsteps could be heard from one of the corridors. Daring didn't have time to react. She turned her head. The Diamond Dog was dressed almost exactly her, and he had an amazed look on his face.

Down to buisness.

"Who are you?"

"It talks, too!"

"Hey! That's a little rude, even for a Diamond Dog, don't you think? I'll ask you again, who are you?"

"I go only by the System, and I assure you, I may look like a "Diamond Dog", but I'm actually a Time Lord. Now tell me your name."

"Daring Do. And what do you mean, Time Lord?"

"It's my species. What I am. The Time Lords of Gallifrey in the constellation Kasterbrous."

"So what, you're an alien?"

"To you, yes."

"But you look like a Diamond Dog!"

"That is normal. We blend in with our surroundings."

"So... You an alien that looks exactly like a Diamond Dog?"

"Yes."

"Then what is this place, your spaceship?"

"Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. But I just call it Red TARDIS. It used to have a functioning chameleon circuit, but somewhere in about, oh, 1963, it blew a fuse and got stuck as a telephone box."

"What's a chameleon circuit?"

"With a chameleon circuit, a TARDIS has the ability to blend in with its surroundings. It's all Time Lord science, just like the 'bigger on the inside' mechanic."

"Sounds really complicated."

"Not if you know what you're dealing with. Anyways, I need to get going. Red TARDIS landed in this area and I'm going to find out why."

"I think I might be able to help you."

"Two heads are better than one. Let's get going! By the way, did anything strange happen while I was unconscious?"

"I was attacked by three robots shooting lasers?"

"Daleks..."

"What did you say?"

"Oh, sorry, it was nothing. Alright, let's go!"

"One more question."

"What is it?"

"What's with the cane?"

-- END OF PART 1 --