• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 726 Views, 50 Comments

The New Talent - Vinyl Mfing Scratch



Vinyl finds the new talent she needs. But is falling in love with him a good idea?

  • ...
6
 50
 726

A Simple Night

A Simple Night

"Ugh, this is too much." Vinyl said aloud to herself. "There's no way I'm going to get this paperwork done by tomorrow!" She heard a small knock at her doorway and looked up to see that blue unicorn leaning on the door frame. She smiled, "Hey." Was all she said before she looked back down at the paperwork on her desk. She gave a frustrated growl at the sheets of parchment, hoping desperately that they would fly off in fear. No such luck.

Ray gave his marefriend a concerned look, though she couldn't see it through his sun glasses. He walked over to her and placed his hooves on her shoulders and lightly massasged them.

"You're really tense." He said, "You should take a bit to relax."

A look of contemplation grew across her face and, after a moment, she opened her mouth to speak. "This paperwork isn't going to do itself..." She said with a certain sting to her voice directed at the parchment in front of her. Maybe if she put enough poison in her voice, it would desolve before her eyes.

"I could help, if you'd like." Ray suggested as he dropped down and walked over to his marefriends side.

"And when you say that, you mean that you're going to help me wether I want you to or not." She told him, a smirk spreading across her lips. "Don't you?"

The blue stallion released a light chuckle and looked up at the other unicorn. "You know me a bit too well. Been watching me lately?" He said, practically drowning Vinyl in playful accusation.

"Who, me?" She asked, feigning innocence. "I would never!" Vinyl exlaimed sarcastically.

Vinyl pushed herself from her chair as her and Ray laughed, and came to settle with her head resting on his shoulder. He gave her neck a light kiss and smiled.

"Vinyl, you're a fantastic mare. But sometimes, you take on way more than you can handle." He told his marefriend.

She laughed. "Charming, handsome, and honest. You're going places, big guy."

"Why, thank you my dear." He said, growing a false smug expression on his face and quickly making it dissipate into a smile.

Vinyl lifted her head off of the stallion's shouler and her eyes came almost level to his, since he was just a bit taller than she was. The mare removed her sun glasses and set them on her desk, her magic glowing blue around them.

"Lemme see those eyes, big guy." She said, stating more than asking.

"Yes, Ma'am." He said, giving a sloppy salute and repeating her action, his crimson aura carrying his glasses away. As he set them down, he looked back down at his marefriends eyes.

'The only pair of eyes that match mine.' He thought happily. 'Maybe I've finally found the mare for me.'

After a few moments of looking into her coltfriend's eyes, Vinyl said, "Much better." And she leaned forward, lips puckered. The stallion took the hint and leaned the rest of the distance, placing a hoof on the mare's neck.

They continued to kiss, passionately, until their lungs burned and they had to come up for a breath.

"You know," Ray began, "I think I know a spell you'd like." He told Vinyl, and gave her a wink before stepping back. His horn began to glow an intense shade of crimson before there was a flash and Vinyl had to avert her eyes. When she opened them again, she saw that, instead of her desk and chair, there was a large loveseat in the middle of the office.

She smiled manically at the stallion who was a few steps away from her.

"You'll have to teach me that one." She said as the blue stallion lay himself down on the loveseat and patted the space next to him. It was just big enough to accomodate a certain white-coated unicorn.

Vinyl lay next to the stallion and draped a leg over his midsection and pulling herself close to him. She looked back up at him and smiled.

"Remind me to add 'Romantic' to that list."

"You've got a list for me now?" He asked playfully.

"Just for you, big guy."

He smiled and leaned his muzzle down closer to the mare's own.

"Well, you need a break and, I figured, what better than relaxing on a loveseat in your own office?" He told her.

She smiled and pushed her muzzle against his. The stallion pressed his tongue against Vinyl's lips, and she gladly allowed him entry, their fleshy appendages wrestling for dominance.

After the kiss ended, which was all too soon, Vinyl looked up at the window behind, what had been, her desk and was glad to see it was dark outside.

"I don't think the other studio-ponies would've felt very comfortable walking in on us. Mostly because I'm pretty sure you'd scare the crap out of them if they just walked in." Vinyl said, poking the stallion with a hoof. "Mr. Intimidation over here." She said jokingly.

"Me? Intimidating? Hah!" He laughed sarcastically, "I prefer frightening-when-necessary."

Vinyl laughed genuinely, "You're something else, big guy." She said as she nuzzled against his chest. "But I guess I was always one for the more.. out there ponies." She told him, smacking her hoof against his side playfully.

Ray's back arched and he yelped out in pain, quickly moving a free hoof down to clutch his side, an intense look of pain on his face.

Vinyl didn't know what to say for a moment, but came to her senses quickly enough, "Are you okay?" She asked, concerned for her coltfriend.

He had closed his eyes when he clutched his side with a hoof and they stayed that way until after Vinyl had asked him if he was okay, to which he responded,

"Yeah.. Yeah I'll be fine."

Vinyl wasn't convinced.

"Are you sure? I mean, I barely tapped you. Was there some old injury there that I hit?" She asked, becoming more worried for the stallion.

"Vinyl." He said, his tone serious, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it." He said. "Now, why don't we get back to the relaxing?" He asked, his tone returning to normal. Or rather, what was normal for the stallion.

Vinyl was still concerned, but she figured that Ray would tell her about whatever it was when he thought it was necessary.

"Well, lets get back to it big guy." She told him as she leaned herself in for another kiss.

For a majority of the night the couple lie there, kissing until they couldn't hold their breath any longer, talking about seemingly random subjects, and overall just enjoying each other's company.

Eventually they'd shifted into a spooning position, Ray's muzzle burried into his marefriend's mane, enjoying her natural scent as they drifted off to sleep. Surisingly enough, it was lavender.

'Interesting.. Though I'm not complaining.' He thought to himself. There was something else to it that seemed to be electrical. Like the mare was flowing with a large amount of energy, but it was contained underneath her skin.

'That's something new..' He thought to himself. 'Maybe she's got some hidden energy hidden inside of her.' He ventured.

Ray snapped his eyes open at that thought, 'Okay, time to sleep Ray. When you start coming up with stuff like that, it's time to let the mind have a night off.'

"'Night, Ray." Vinyl said to the stallion.

"Goodnight, Vinyl." Ray said as he planted a kiss on the mare's neck and nuzzled himself into her mane.

"Fair luck in the realm of dreams.." Was the last thing he said before drifting off to sleep.

Author's Note:

I figured I'd do a simple romance chapter before things got more interesting.