• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 721 Views, 50 Comments

The New Talent - Vinyl Mfing Scratch



Vinyl finds the new talent she needs. But is falling in love with him a good idea?

  • ...
6
 50
 721

Hostage Situation

Hostage Situation

The stallion awoke from his slumber abrubtly as he heard a loud thump. He carefully removed himself from his bed as not to disturb his wife. Slowly making his way towards the bedroom's door to investigate, he shook his head to rid himself of the remaining grogginess of sleep.

Opening the door as carefuly as possible, it emitted a loud creak. He cringed and froze in place looking back behind him to see if he'd awoken the slumbering mare. When didn't see her move he sighed quietly.

'Thank Celestia she's a heavy sleeper.' He thought to himself, 'Now to figure out what in Equestria made that noise.'

He continued on his way out of his bedroom and walked lighty down the hallway towards the staircase that lead to the bottom floor. He heard something shuffling around downstairs and another thump, although not quite as loud as the previous.

'What the hay?...'

He took a few steps closer to the stairs, having stopped when he heard the noise. Squinting his eyes against the darkness of the night, he slowly continued his approach of the bottom floor.

Reaching the stairs, he looked down, half expecting to see somepony, but the other half not surprised when all he saw was darkness.

He made his way down the stairs, trying with all his strength not to make the slightest of noises. As his hoof touched the floor on the opposite end of the stairs, he felt an abrupt, and quite painfull, contact with the back of his skull.

Trying his best to force himself to stay awake, he felt himself being dragged off and before he knew it, he was drifting off into his subconscious, the faint sound of voices slowly fading away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stallion awoke slowly, giving a low moan as he felt a numbing pain in his skull. He opened his eyes slowly but almost immediately regretted the decision. He was seated in a chair facing a window in, what seemed to be an old home, long since abandoned. Taking a few moments to examine the area, noting a few small details of the room if it came to him having an altercation with somepony else.

Already having noticed that his hooves were restrained to the chair legs, he sat and waited for something, anything, to happen. After a few minutes he managed to dull the pain of the headache he'd been cursed with ever since he'd been walloped with whatever blunt object took his cranium as a target.

After waiting for about a half hour, he heard hoofsteps coming towards the door of the room he was seated in, although not able to see them due to the fact that he was positioned away from the doorway. As it opened he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, preparing himself for whatever it was these ponies had planned for him.

A rather large pegasus walked in front of him and gave him, what seemed to be, a look of pity.

"What do you want?" He asked the larger pony.

The pegasus gave a light chuckle before he spoke.

"Straight to the point, with this one. We haven't even introduced ourselves!" He said, giving a toothy smile to the restrained pony.

The earth pony didn't find any kind entertainment in the pegasus' tone. He kept silent and held his sharp gaze on the other stallion.

After a few moments of waiting for the restrained stallion to respond. When he didn't his small smile faded and he spoke.

"Fine, I guess I can give you the courtesy." He snarled. "My name, is-" He was cut off by the other pony.

"I know who you are, and I know what you want. And I'm sorry to tell you, that you won't find it unless I want you to. And we both know, that's not going to happen, don't we?" At the point of his question, he gave the opposing stallion a knowing look and a sarcastic smile.

Before the restrained pony knew what was happening, a hoof came into contact with his jaw at a rather painful speed.

The stallion let his head hang loose for a moment and then tilted his head towards his aggressor. "Now what'd you go and do that for?" He asked in a seemingly friendly voice. The second blow came a bit less painfully, as the restrained stallion had time to prepare for it, although he didn't give any indication that he was in any kind of pain.

He recovered from it much like he had his first, though this time he simply gave a smirk through the small trickle of blood down his maw.

"And here, I thought we'd been getting along just fine." He said, before he was struck again.

As his head fell back, he used his weight and momentum to pull himself back strongly enough to flip himself down and shatter the wooden chair to pieces, and slipped himself out of the bindings placed upon him. He'd accomplished all of this just as the assaulting stallion came out of his awestruck pose and just managed to dodge the tackle aimed at him. He jumped over the assault, and while his enemy was beneath him, he bucked the stallion in his back, sending him sprawling on the floor.

"Now if you'll excuse me," He said, "I have some things to attend to." He lurched backward towards the door and went barreling through it. He practically threw himeslf down the long staircase that lay before him and emerged through the front door of the bulding. He paused for a few moments to get his bearing and ran off into the darkness in the direction of his new home.

"I only hope they were stupid enough to have left nopony there. If not, then this is going to be an interesting night." He thought aloud.

There was a rustling from behind him and he realized he was being pursued.

'I should've known he wasn't there by himself.' He thought, and he ducked behind a large tree until his pursuers ran by him. He took off at a run and landed on one of the three's back and used his weight to throw him aside. The next wasn't too far off, and had heard the noise behind him. As he slowed in front of the ex-manager he didn't think that the male would run into him and cause him to topple over a boulder, landing in a small body of water.

'Two down, One to go.'

The last of the three was un-aware that his partners had been dealt with, so he kept running until he came to rest in a large clearing. When he realized that his collegues weren't right behind him, he look frantically around the clearing and his eyes came to rest on the escaped stallion resting against a tree.

"Well what are you waiting for?" He asked as he pushed himself off of the tree, "Aren't you going to stop me?"

The stallion's taunting worked well, as the other pony charged him, jumped at him with a hoof at the ready, but his target was too quick. He lunged forward, underneath the pursuer and launched himself upwards into his gut with both of his front hooves.

As his enemy was sent to the ground, cluching his midsection, the escaped stallion resumed his flee towards his home.

He ran through the moonlit forest as fast as his legs could carry him.

He slowed and stopped for a moment to catch his breath and looked up at the full moon.

"I'm coming honey," He said, "And then we get to take a quick visit to the old studio."

He took off again, thoughts of his mistakes flowing back through him.

"I'm sorry Vinyl.." He said to himself as he ran, "I just hope I get there in time.."

Author's Note:

Been offline completely for a while because I've moved and have just now established our cable.
So now you'll be getting more updates!
Yay!