• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 714 Views, 50 Comments

The New Talent - Vinyl Mfing Scratch



Vinyl finds the new talent she needs. But is falling in love with him a good idea?

  • ...
6
 50
 714

The Faithful Night: Part 2

The Faithful Night: Part 2

Vinyl woke with a start, not wanting to leave the blissful warmth of her dreams of the stallion that she was to be involved with this evening. She slowly opened an eye to check the clock she had sitting on her coffee table for easy access. It read 7 o'clock and she decided that she had just enough time to make sure everything was going to go good around the studio while she was gone, since there was a team of radio ponies that wanted to stay after hours to finish some recordings for sound effects for their shows. Vinyl agreed without much hesitation once she got a couple explanations for the urgency of them.

She headed downstairs after turning off the lights in her apartment and locking her door. She didn't usually, but she wasn't exactly confident of her respect from the other employees. She didn't want to come home to find that everything was out of order, or that things had been searched. For what, she didn't know, but she did know she wanted to make sure it was all safe.

After she came downstairs she went around to the hallway to the left of her new office, to which there was one on each side, to check the recording booth that was supposed to be housing the currently "working" pair of radio ponies. She continued down the hallway until she got to the booth she was looking for and looked through the glass window on the door. As she looked inside, she saw that the ponies were actually recording, what looked like sound effects (She couldn't tell since the rooms were soundproofed), like they were supposed to be. Since they were where they should be, Vinyl decided not to interupt them. She just turned around and walked back to the door of her office to double check that everything was in place. She decided that everything looked as it should and headed back out, locking her office like she had her appartment, and began the walk to the main door for the studio. It was just beginning to get dark, and she decided to take a seat on the bench that they had decided to put next to the doors in case someone wanted to take a break and get some fresh air.

"Hopefully he doesn't keep me waiting out here too long." Vinyl thought out loud while she took her seat on the bench.

"Now why would I do that?"

Vinyl snapped her head to her left, in the direction of the voice, and had to force herself not to smile. It was the same stallion she had been speaking of, and he appeared to have been waiting there for her to make her way outside.

"How long have you been waiting out here?" Vinyl asked the stallion.

"No more than an hour, I think." He said casually.

Vinyl was surprised that he'd been waiting for her so long, and felt slightly guilty for having him wait as long as she did, even though it was unintentional. She did mask those emotions for the sake of her reputation with the stallion she was planning on having relations with.

"Sorry about that man, Hope I'm worth it." Vinyl said jokingly, with a small smile and laugh.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Gave me some time to think about things anyway." He said without hesitation.

'Funny, that's what I've been doing all day.' Vinyl thought, feeling her face grow slightly warm. 'Oh come on, Blushing? That's what we're doing now? Ugh..' She thought, miserably. Vinyl wasn't one for being embarassed, but she had been experiencing a few feelings a lot more frequently than she usually did lately.

"So," Said the stallion, interupting Vinyl's thoughts, "You ready to go?".

"Sure am, you plan out where we'd be going?"

"But of course." He said, matter-of-factly, with a grin. Vinyl rolled her eyes and smiled, not bothering to hide it again.

"Well lets get going then, tough guy." Vinyl said playfully, prodding the stallion with her elbow, coaxing a smile and a chuckle from him.

"Just follow me, Madame." He said, quite normally. Vinyl wasn't used to being called 'Madame'. In fact, nobody every called her that, and she didn't mind it too much.

Her date began walking and she cantered to catch up. When she reached him, he gradually came closer to Vinyl, until she could feel his body heat against her. She looked over quickly at the change in temperature, and smiled when she saw the stallion. He was actually dressed quite nicely, but it looked rugged, tough.

He was wearing a dark blue, almost the same color as his fur, dress shirt with a white tie, all underneath a sharp looking dress jacket. Although, she couldn't help but be amused that he was still wearing those sunglasses of his, that resembled hers so well. She hoped to get a sight of his eyes sometime soon. Then she realized something.

He hadn't seen hers either.

'Well, I'm going to have to change that sometime soon.' Vinyl thought, planning to do it tonight at dinner.

Having been lost in her thoughts, Vinyl had only just realized that they had showed up at a restaraunt and they were standing in a long line of ponies, and a couple gryphons, to what looked like a very expensive establishment.

Vinyl was surprised to see where they were, considering that she hadn't ever spent many bits on a fancy dinner. It just wasn't her thing.

"You sure about this place? It looks expesnive..." Vinyl inquired, concerned that he hadn't realized where they were.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. I can afford it." He said reasuringly, looking over to Vinyl with a smile on his face.

"Uh... If you say so, man." Vinyl said, still unsure of the decision to spend so much on food. 'I guess if he's willing to pay for it here, then it's all good.' She thought, attempting to assure herself that it was okay.

The blue stallion placed his leg over Vinyl and gave her a light squeeze.

"It's all good Vinyl. Don't worry about anything." He said, leaving his leg there for a few more moments and then pulling away.

Before Vinyl had time to be concerned, they had reached the front of the line, surprisingly quickly. There was a concierge at a podium just to the right of the door. The pair walked over to the podium, the dark blue stallion leading, and refered to the stallion at the podium.

"Table for two please, sir." Vinyl's partner said, with an unexpected noble accent.

'Sounds like he's from canterlot' Vinyl thought, amused at the thought.

Without looking up from the papers on his podium, he said,

"Just a moment, please."

The concierge shuffled through some of his papers, scribbled a few things with his quill, using his mouth to hold it, and rearanged them for a moment and then looked up at the couple. The light smile he was sporting turned to a slight look of shock.

"Miss Scratch, Welcome to this humble serving business. Let me lead you and your coltfriend to a table, if you would?" He asked, without missing a beat at the surprise of the Dj showing up at his restaraunt, quite unexpectedly.

"Lead the way." Vinyl responded quickly, feeling slightly awkward. She hadn't really wanted to be put on the spot like that, and she felt bad that her date had been completely ignored. She followed far enough behind the concierge to speak with the blue stallion,

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to take the spotlight right there." She said apologetically.

"It's not a problem Vinyl, I'm taking you out to dinner, and it's good to see that you're so well known." As he said this, he repeated the gesture of a quick hug, like he had done earlier.

Vinyl still felt slightly guilty, but decided to let it go.

As they reached their table the concierge told them their waiter would be by soon, and that he hoped they enjoyed their evening. Vinyl's stallion partner thanked him quickly, and from the tone of his voice, the concierge took the hint that he was displeased, so he huried away quickly, without seeming flustered.

After a few minutes their waiter came out, took their orders, and gave their orders to the chef to fulfill.

"So," Vinyl started, "Have you decided to share your name with me yet?" Vinyl asked.

"Oh that's right. I was going to do that today." He said with a smirk on his face. Vinyl just smiled and shook her head as a response.

"Well, since you asked nicely." He said sarcastically, My real name is Ray Lieric." He said, seemingly uninterested in his own name.

Vinyl was quite surprised since she hadn't expected him to just jump out and say give her his name in a matter of seconds.

"I like it." She said, with a smile, looking right into his sunglasses through her own.

"You do? I don't quite care for it too much, but I guess if you like it it can't be THAT bad." He said with a smile, looking back at Vinyl into her glasses, the same way she was doing to him. Not that either of them were aware of the fact that they were staring into eachothers eyes.

"Heh.. So, do I get to see your eyes next?" She asked, not expecting him to actually reveal his eyes, just like she didn't usually show hers off.

"If you want." He said, taking off his deep blue sunglasses.

Vinyl was shocked to the point that it took her a few moments to regain her ability to talk. They were the same color as hers.

"Everything okay Vinyl?" Ray asked, the concern showing in the crimson orbs that caught Vinyl off guard.

As Vinyl regained her sense, all she could do was take off her glasses in response, showing her companion the reason for her actions. This provoked a surprised look from the stallion across the table, though not quite as badly as it had Vinyl.

The reason for her shock, was that her eye color wasn't exactly a common occurence, and the stallion's looks resembled her a lot more, the longer she looked at him. The mane, the tail. Everything except his fur was practically a backwards design of Vinyl's looks. The eyes and sunglasses just tipped it over the edge.

Vinyl felt like this stallion was going to be a very good, lasting piece of her life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the night past eneventfully, the pair having recovered from their shock, and continued their dinner with regular conversation. Compliments on their looks to each other were frequent, as they both had a very similar taste (Obviously).


The night ended with Ray walking Vinyl back to her apartment door inside the studio.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then, Ray." Vinyl said.

"Yeah, you will." He said with a smile.

Vinyl wished him a goodnight and turned to unlock her door to head upstairs. As she was about the walk up the stairs the stallion said her name and as she turned around, a very unexpected, but welcome, thing happened.

He kissed her. Full on, and it lasted for a full few minutes. Vinyl hadn't even flinched as his lips had come into contact with hers. She actually embraced the move the stallion made, happily, and whole-heartedly.

As they broke away from eachother, Vinyl put her front legs around the stallions neck and embraced him. After a few moments of this, she pulled away, giving him a small peck in the cheek and removing herslef from him.

"Well, I guess this is my cue to head on out." He said, a tinge of bitterness at the thought of having to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Vinyl said with a smile on her face, not taking her eyes off of the stallion's.

"Looking forward to it." Ray said, smiling back, and also locking his eyes with Vinyl's. He gave her another small kiss on her lips and returned her hug. After he did this, he turned around and walked to the front door, making sure to lock it.

Vinyl headed upstairs to her apartment, and almost couldn't contain her giddyness. She was practically vibrating, and her mind was consumed by one thing. Or rather, one pony. All she could do was head to her bed, not even bothering to play herslef music before going to bed. She didn't want to wipe the thoughts of this stallion from her mind.

As she layed down she had a feeling of inner peace. Like she was supposed to have done everything she had that night, exactly the way she had done it. Like she was doing everything right, without effort.

As she drifted off to sleep, there was one memory that pushed everything else out of her mind.

The feeling of her lips against his.

Author's Note:

His last name is pronounced as Lie-Rick. Sorry it took me so long with this one, I kept getting distracted every time I tried to get to writing.

Hope you enjoyed it.