• Published 23rd Oct 2013
  • 823 Views, 27 Comments

Fifty-Three Pickup - blowngasket



(Humanized Ponies Warning) No more threats against Equestria. No more mob bosses and demons and psychotic possible future brother in laws. Join the members of T.E.S.T as they finally try to have an actual vacation. It should be simple, right?

  • ...
7
 27
 823

Rematch

Rematch

Twilight happily made her way over to Applejack's, having been invited for a ‘big event’. Applejack wasn’t really specific on the details, but she made sure to let everyone know to meet her at her house in the evening. Catacomb happily trailed behind her, whistling some unknown yet cheerful tune. Spike walked alongside her, wrapped in a purple jacket and pants, and a green tee that complimented his messy green hair. He looked over to Twilight, who seemed lost in thought, most likely trying to figure out what was taking place. Bored and wanting to at least talk to someone, he slowed his pace to meet up with Catacomb.


“So, how’s it going?” Spike asked, trying to start a conversation with the man. Catacomb stopped his whistling and turned towards the young teen.

“I can’t complain. I am more psyched that my replacement weapon has finally been finished.” Catacomb said happily.

“What is wrong with just one, though?” Spike asked. Catacomb shook his head, knowing better than to expect someone like Spike to appreciate the general pizazz and sexiness of using two.

“You will understand in time, young one.” Catacomb said, his voice changing to sound wise and philosophical.

“I am pretty sure I understand now. I just think it is a waste of money personally.” Spike commented, casually placing his arms behind his head. “Twilight says you carry around two because you want to look like a badass. Kind of a stupid reason…” Catacomb looked him over, having been insulted by someone easily seven years younger than him. He decided to act like the mature adult that he was.

“Twilight! Spike said a bad word!” Catacomb tattled loudly. Twilight stopped walking, broken out of her trance by the sudden outburst.

“Seriously, Cata?” Twilight said, turning around and glaring. “What are you, five?” Catacomb blushed, kicking the ground in embarrassment.

“Sorry, Twi.” Catacomb apologized. Spike quietly snickered at his dilemma, but didn’t go unnoticed by Twilight.

“Spike, please refrain from using that kind of language.” Twilight said, Catacomb looked over to Spike with a satisfied grin. “Having one foul mouthed man around the house is bad enough.” Catacomb stopped his grinning, and went to ignoring the world altogether. He would probably be better off this way.

---------- ---------- ----------

“Twi…what did I miss?” Catacomb asked.

“For the love of…What is Rainbow doing this time?!” Twilight said, frustrated as she stared at her friends setting up what resembled a makeshift fighting ring. Rainbow was stretching out, wearing a padded helmet and fingerless gloves while standing against one corner. Her outfit consisted of boots, a pair of rainbow colored shorts, and a tight fitting blue sports bra. She was quite fit, obviously proud of her toned figure as she didn’t seem embarrassed in the slightest. Staring at her friend, Twilight only just realized the fairly large crowd of people surrounding the ring.

“Heya, Twilight. Glad you could make it.” Applejack said, approaching the still baffled Twilight and the confused Catacomb. Spike, on the other hand, didn’t hesitate and jumped right into the crowd to get a better look at what was going on.

“What is going on?” Twilight asked, staring at Applejack. She laughed, completely understanding Twilights confusion.

“Just a little thing the three of us whipped together.” Applejack said, nodding. Twilight looked around again, taking another look at the setup. “Ya see. Apparently some time back, they got into a scuffle. I figured I would let em’ have their rematch and make some money as well. All of it going towards the Canterlot orphanage of course. I just wouldn’t feel right otherwise. They loved the idea, and here we are.”

“Now by we, who exactly do ya mean?” Catacomb asked, glancing around as well.

“Funny you should say that. Here he comes now.” Applejack said. Both Twilight and Catacombs jaw dropped as they watched him enter the ring from the other side. Wearing the same type of gloves and boots, the only difference was his shorts, covered with red, white, and green diamonds, and the white mask covering his face. He stood around, obviously uncomfortable at wearing so little clothing. His lack of clothes had earned him some attention from the females in the audience, having never seen much of his skin period. He was quite muscular under his outfit. Not the bulgy kind, but more defined than a normal person.

“Is that…” Twilight stared, gaping at the man. If it wasn’t for the identifiable scar on his chest and back, having witnessed that injury herself, she wouldn’t believe it.

“Yup. I am totally going to enjoy this one!” Catacomb said. “How much for tickets?”

“Five bits, but it is going to a good cause.” Applejack said, opening the rather large bag she had with her. Catacomb forked over the money for him, Twilight, and Spike, not even caring about the price. A chance at watching Perry get his ass kicked, especially against a girl, would always be worth it.

“Thanks. It should begin shortly, so just find any old spot.” Applejack began walking around, making sure that everyone was all paid for.

“Ya okay, Twi?” Catacomb asked, poking the woman next to him.

“Is this…safe?” Twilight asked, easily concerned. “I don’t think Rainbow even knows the meaning of restraint.”

“Probably not. Perry’s ability to hold back is kinda sucky as well. In any case, should be interesting.” Catacomb said, making his way towards the ring to chat with his pal before they began.

“But…uhh…ARG! Men…” Twilight grunted out, raising her hands in defeat. She followed, changing direction to talk to her friend as well.

---------- ---------- ----------

“So, hot stuff, what brought this on?” Catacomb asked, leaning against the rope around the ring. Perry, stretching himself out as well, didn’t turn towards him, though he still responded.

“Just a friendly test of skill. I promised her a fair fight one day. Might as well clear up some of my bad karma while I’m at it.” He said, stretching his legs out in a full split and bending down to reach at one.

“That…is still disgusting. A normal person shouldn’t be able to bend like that.” Perry chuckled at Catacombs remark, only pushing himself farther to draw out a pained groan from him. “So, I gotta know. This is gonna be a serious fight?”

“Of course. It would be disrespectful towards her otherwise. I’m only not allowed to use magic or kill her. Takes some of the fun away, but I guess I can compromise.”

---------- ---------- ----------

“Rainbow, as your friend, I highly advise you withdraw.”

“Twi, I appreciate it, but I ain’t going to give up.” Rainbow said, bending downwards to touch the floor of the ring. “Besides, it could get me noticed by the Wonderbolts. Imagine it, Rainbow Dash shows off her epic fighting moves, while helping out the little kids. It will be great for my image.”

“You do remember that you’re fighting someone who, until recently, killed people for a living, right?” Twilight said, obviously nervous.

“Duh. Who else would be able to handle this much epicness. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Besides, he isn’t allowed to use his creepy spells, and I don’t think he is going to try and kill me. You’re just worrying way too much.”

“But what if…”

“Twi…really?” Rainbow said, obviously annoyed. “I doubt he will go crazy, and even if he does, have ya actually seen our ref?” Rainbow pointed towards the referee, donned in a striped shirt, with her long pink hair…


“Fluttershy?!” Twilight gasped, even more shocked now than before. Fluttershy was standing by Applejack, wearing her usual nervous expression. “But…HOW?!”

“She volunteered when she heard it was to help out. I mean, come on. If Flutters thinks this is a good idea, than what more can ya complain about?” Rainbow said, getting up and doing a few practice bounces on the mat, making sure it wasn’t too loose.

“I know when I am beat.” Twilight said, shaking her head. “If you can’t beat em, join em. Give it to him good.” Twilight said, a reluctant smile on her face. This was happening, so she might as well support her.

---------- ---------- ----------

“Ladies and gentleman, thank ya’ll for coming. Applejack said, staring down at the crowd. You’re all wonderful, helping out them little ones, but I know you’re not here to hear about that. Without further wait, let me introduces the fighters. To the left, we have Ponyvilles own fearless flyer, Rainbow Dash. Born in cloudsdale, she has often pushed herself to be the very best flyer, but what people don’t know is that she is also a black belt in karate. Let’s give it up for Dash!” Applejack yelled loudly, the cheers coming from the crowd, from both friends and fans alike. Had it been anyone else, the turnout wouldn’t have been nearly as good.

“Standing over here, is the masked mystery himself, Perry O’te. Many know him as the weird man, always laughing and trying to brighten other’s day. Even so, Perry is an accomplished fighter himself. Using his own unique style combining acrobatics with combat, will the amazing Rainbow Dash even manage to land a hit on him? We are definitely going to find out!” Applejack said, yelling once again to get the crown riled up. Catacomb and Twilight stood near the front to get the best view.

“Now, as for the sake of fairness, neither fighter is allowed to fly or use magic. Despite protective head gear, no head shots are allowed, and the ref or I have the right to stop the fight should one of em’ look too beat up to continue. Other than that, let’s make it a clean fight. Now, who’s ready to watch em’ beat each other senseless!” The entire audience yelled out in celebration, loving every minute of it. Applejack jumped out of the ring, Fluttershy using her wings to lightly hover over it, just in case.

“Alright Perry!” Rainbow yelled from her corner moving towards the center of the ring confidently. “Don’t hold back now, ya hear? I haven’t been practicing for nothing!” Rainbow smiled enthusiastically.

“It would be an insult to you otherwise, Rainbow.” Perry said, walking towards his opponent with no real tactical style. Had it been anyone else, Rainbow would have thought just that. Knowing who he was, however, made his lack of caring so much more exciting for her. They might as well have not been in front of an audience. Even with the yells and cheers, this was their own world.

Perry was generally surprised. It may not have been at par with Cata’s land speed, but managing to cover the distance between them in under a millisecond was no easy feat. Perry had barely managed to catch the punch aimed for his stomach. The crowd was completely silent at this point, not even sure what had happened. Standing around to congratulate her would have to wait, however. Griping her fist, he tried to pull her off balance. Rainbow caught on and immediately shifted her stance to counteract the pull. Initially, Perry was going to hold back some, not wanting to wreck the girl. As he suddenly found his stomach connecting violently with the woman’s knee, he came to the painful conclusion that this was going to be a bad idea.

Teetering back and gasping from the blow, Rainbow refused to relent at this point. She actually managed to place him in the defensive. Still recovering from the violent attack, he was stuck blocking the attacks as they came at him. Punches and kicks, all aimed to deal as much damage as possible. He needed just a little more time to catch his breath, then the fight could really begin. Trying to use as little energy as possible, Perry continued his effort to guard against the feisty rainbow haired fighter, replacing his power with skill, starting dodge the attacks instead of block.

Finally. Perry was back at full, dodging everything thrown at him. Duck, step, shift, swivel, bend, pivot. Moving around easily to avoid the attacks, Rainbow backed off from the assault. She was eager, but she wasn’t dumb. She lost her edge and needed to get another one. Perry, on the other hand, was done playing defensively and went in for the attack. Quickly approaching her, Rainbow went on guard, stepping towards him to increase her threat range, throwing a strong kick towards his side. Perry rolled his body into the kick. Taking it at only half the force while getting in close to Dash. He grappled her leg, pinning it against him, and using his, swept at her other foot. Her instincts kicked in, jumping to avoid the sweep. Twisting her body in midair, she sent her now airborne leg at his head while putting pressure on his side with her grappled leg. He rose his hand to block the strike, but nothing connected.

Pulling back, expecting the block, Rainbow coiled her free leg, quickly stretching it outwards into Perry’s open chest. Perry flew across the ring, into the ropes of the arena. Rainbow fell to the mat, though quickly flipped herself back onto her feet. Perry got up as well, a new sense of respect made against her. He thought back to their first encounter, wondering how different things might have been had they both been on their A game. He owed her, now. By gaining this respect, she also gained the full extent of his capability. If she could handle this, she could handle him making an effort to try and finish her.

He approached her slowly, the feel of his presence changing somewhat. Rainbow stared at him and gulped. She easily recognized this feeling, sending into her an odd combination of pride and fear. It was definitely what set him apart from others. It was the thirst for blood.

He charged at her, the vicious intent spiking as he threw his attack. As a simple survival instinct, Rainbow managed to block the hit, but not before the force of his attack sent her into the ropes. He didn’t stop moving however, continuing his terrifying assault on her. She got up, her legs shaking and her body barely responsive. It was her defining moment. Everyone watched with a cold silence as she braved the oncoming attack, charging herself.

The finale happened in an instant, gasps coming from both spectator and friend alike. Twilight watched, ready to jump in and stop this, but was held back by Catacomb, who very slightly shook his head and smiled. She looked back towards the ring, and gasped at the outcome. Mere centimeters from her face, Perry’s fist stayed motionless. Rainbow’s fist also the same. Both fighters, breathing heavily nodded at one another. Everyone was quiet, even Applejack was speechless at the outcome. Fluttershy, the one who watched the match from her hovering position, smiled knowingly, never having a doubt the entire time.

“That was impressive, Rainbow.” Perry said as he regained his breath. “I would have understood the desire to guard or flee, but you came right at me.”

“You too, Pears…” Rainbow said, a little more out of breath. “Thank you…for not going easy on me.” Perry nodded, as both of them backed away from each other. Coming to terms with the outcome, Applejack finally came to her senses and quickly entered the ring. She approached the two, who haven’t moved in the slightest.

“Are ya two alright?” She whispered. Both of them took a calming breath and nodded. Slowly lowering their tensed fists from one another. Applejack smiled, wiping the nervous sweat off her forehead, and turned towards the audience. “Ladies and Gentleman, let’s hear it for Rainbow and Perry!” The two walked towards the edge of the ring, Rainbow standing triumphantly while Perry simply bowed to them. Everyone started up again, the built up adrenaline from witnessing such a crazy little fight bursting through finally.

Twilight, letting loose a sigh of relief, turned towards Catacomb and frowned slightly. “How the heck did you know what would happen?”

“That’s easy.” Catacomb pointed upwards towards Fluttershy, who slowly landed behind Perry and gently hugged him. “I am sure that if there was any doubt in her mind, Flutters woulda stopped it.”

“…I never thought of that.” Twilight said, disappointed with herself. Catacomb chuckled and happily wrapped his arm around her.

“Come on, babe. Let’s go congratulate those knuckleheads.” Catacomb said, pulling her along with him. Twilight smiled and rolled her eyes, following him towards the arena. Climbing into it, the two walked up to the fighters.

“Wow, Rainbow. That was…stupid and completely reckless and dangerous and…”

“Twilight…” Catacomb said condescendingly. Rainbow had a small frown on her face, looking towards the ground. Twilight looked at him and shrugged.

“And it was very impressive.” Rainbow perked up somewhat. “Even without his magic, I don’t think I could have done what you did.”

“Thanks, Twi.” Rainbow blushed slightly, embarrassed by the praise. “Thanks again for this Perry. You’re a real pal, ya know?” Rainbow said, giving the man next to her a thumbs up.

“Of course, Rainbow.” Perry responded simply.

Fluttershy walked over to Rainbow and gave her a hug as well, making the woman feel slightly uncomfortable. “Umm…Flutters…your embarrassing me.”

“I’m sorry…” Fluttershy quickly broke the hug off. “I just…wanted to say thank you as well…sorry.” Rainbow sighed and gave her friend a quick hug. Fluttershy smiled happily, even with how short it is.

“Rainbow, if I would have known that you could be taken down with a hug, I would have ended the fight much sooner.” Perry said, chuckling. Catacomb started to laugh at the stupid joke as well, everyone standing there joining in. Rainbow frowned, turning away and crossing her arms. “She can stare death in the face, but can’t manage to fight emotions. Almost poetic if you ask me.”

“Alright! That’s it. Prepare for round two!” Rainbow said, trying to furiously charge him, Catacomb and Twilight holding her back. He burst out into a full laugh. Everyone stared at Rainbow nervously. Her frown slowly turned into a smile, and even she couldn’t manage to hold herself back, laughing as well. Everyone stared awkwardly, with the exception of Fluttershy, who smiled happily as well.

“Thank ya’ll for coming everyone.” Applejack yelled to the slowly dispersing crowd, looking down at the bag collected. She turned towards the group and showed them the collection gained. “Thanks for using your overabundance of energy for something useful, Rainbow.”

“Anytime, AJ.” Rainbow said proudly. “Next time, Rainbow Dash shall take out the fearsome Catacomb!”

“In your dreams, Sweetheart.” Catacomb said, smirking. Twilight stared at the two, the fire burning in each of their eyes forced the only possible response. Taking her hand, she thoroughly smacked herself in the face with it.