• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 1,721 Views, 75 Comments

Young Gods - Eathlome



When four gods leave their dimension their bodies must reform to match the new lifess they now live

  • ...
3
 75
 1,721

Salutations and Scheming

Young Gods

Ch. 7: Salutations and Scheming


Author's notes:

Key:
Elder: Younger: Domain:
Mat Lucky Roll Luck
John Golden Sands Time
Diane Midnight Specter Death
Aurora Blooming Orchid Life
All All


Twilight was laying of her couch panting. She had been rushing to get the library cleaned up for the princesses, and she was exhausted. Suddenly she bolted up glancing all around, before letting out a breath of relief. The four foal were still there. They were curled up, out of the way, sleeping.

'They're so cute,' Twilight shook her head, 'Focus Twilight, you have to remember everything that has happened. Once the Princesses get here everything will be sorted out.'

Twilight gave the Library one last look, seeing if everything was in place. Satisfied she headed out the front door to wait for the Princesses. Twilight glanced up at the sky.

'The Princesses should be here any minute now. I should be ably the see their chariots by now. I wonder if something happened. The Princesses wouldn't be late for something this important, they jus...'

Twilight's thoughts were cut off as a large flash of light came from the library. After rushing back inside, she froze. Standing in the library were the two rulers of Equestria, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"P-p-princesses, I-i, didn't expect you to, um, er" Twilight spluttered, before trailing off into mumbles.

"Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student, it is wonderful to see you again."

"WE CONCUR, TIS MOST GLORIOUS TO SEE THEE ONCE AGAIN. BUT WE MUST KNOW, HOW FAIR THEE, AFTER YOUR MOST RECENT HOSPITALIZATION?"

Twilight was knocked out of the library by the force of Luna's voice. Celestia gently chided her sister.

"Oh, um, sorry." Luna mumbled.

Twilight staggered back into the library, "No, it's fine. I am doing much better, thank you for asking."

"Pleasantries aside Twilight, I have heard about the 'incident' from Luna, but I was wondering if you could perhaps tell us things from your perspective, it may clear up some things."

Twilight quickly launched into an explanation of what had happened. When she finished both Princesses were more confused then before they had started.

"Twilight, are you sure you don't remember anything else?"

"No, Princess, that's everything I can remember. Do you think that there might be something preventing me from remembering?"

""Actually, we believe that that could be a distinct possibility. Twilight Sparkle, would thou grant us permission to preform a memory spell, in order to determine if there is any magical causes for thy lack of memory?"

Twilight thought for a moment before responding, "W-well, I suppose so..."

"Most excellent! Now sister would care to lead this spell?"

Celestia stepped forward, horn slightly glowing. "Everything will be fine, Twilight, " Celestia said gently, "Just relax, and open your mind."

Celestia lowered her horn to touch Twilight's, when a sudden explosion sent the Princess of the Sun flying end over end, before crashing into the wall.

"SISTER!" Luna shouted, rushing to Celestia's side. Celestia sat up, blinking groggily.

" 'M fine," she shook her head, getting rid of the ringing in her ears, "I'm fine Luna, is Twilight alright?"

The pair of Princesses looked up the where the purple unicorn was. Sitting around her crying were four foals. Twilight was murmuring to them.

"Shhh, Shhh, its ok, its alright. Everything's fine. I'm all right. OK? Will you stop crying now?"

The four foals sniffled, before nodding.

"Alright, now I want you to go and apologize to the Princesses."

The four foals tottered up to the stunned Luna, and still slightly punch-drunk Celestia, and mumbled something.

"I can't here you." Twilight said.

The four mumbled again.

"A bit louder."

"We sobby!" The foals cried, before breaking out in to tears again.

"Erm, Twilight? Might you inform us as to what just happened?"


Well, that could have gone better.

You don't say?

Well it wasn't that bad.

They flung the Solar goddess into a WALL! How much worse could it get?

Powerful little buggers, aren't they.

Don't compliment them!

Why? It's not like they can hear us.

It's a matter of principal!

Well, I still think that the meeting went well. At least the Sun and Moon aren't trying to kill them.

Though getting thrown into the dungeons for a few centuries isn't out of the question.

Oh, don't be such a pessimist...

Realist

Pessimist. I'm sure that Celestia and Luna will understand and forgive them.


Celestia and Luna sat down, mouths agape, as Twilight finished her story. Lucky Roll, Blooming Orchid, and Golden Sands sat next to Twilight. Midnight Specter was next to Luna, and was mimicking her.

"So, you mean to say that these four, " Luna gestured to the four foals, as did Midnight, "all mysteriously appeared, and you have no idea of where they came from?"

Luna raised a hoof to her chin, "And they all have very powerful magic, and think that you're their mother? Very strange, very strange." Luna tapped her chin thoughtfully, "I wonder, hmm... Celestia, what is it?" Luna turned to her sister, who burst out laughing, along with three of the foals.

Luna glanced down beside her, Midnight did the same before quickly looking back at Luna with a sheepish grin.

"This is no time for such foolery! We have much to figure out."

Celestia burst out laughing again and Luna shot a glare at the filly beside her, who had a look of complete innocence on her face.

"So, I'm guessing that you have never seen anything like this?"

"I'm sorry Twilight," Celestia said, stifling her giggles, "but no, I have never seen or heard of anything like this. If we want any answers we'll have to find these four's parents."

"We may have an idea for that. We believe that a location spell, in combination with a paternity spell, may be able to direct us to their parents."

"That's an excellent idea Princess. I'll get started right away." With that Twilight ran off to gather the needed materials, leaving the Princesses alone with the four foals.


"Luna, is she gone?"

"Yes sister. I've also placed a silence spell around this room."

'Twilight, I hope you forgive me for this,' Celestia thought, 'but I don't trust these four at all.'

Celestia glared at the foals, "Now, who are you? What are you doing here? What do you plan on doing with Twilight? ANSWER ME!"

The four foals looked terrified, but eventually Lucky Roll took a small step forward. The other three huddled together, and motioned for him to come back, but he shook his head and slowly trotted up to Celestia. Lucky looked up at Celestia, with a very solemn look on his face, and motioned her to lean in. Celestia slowly lowered her head until she was level with Lucky.

Lucky took a deep breath and then quickly poked Celestia on the muzzle and shouted, "BOOP!" before erupting into laughter, and running back to join the others.

Golden Sands and Blooming Orchid joined in with the laughter, while Midnight Specter covered her face with a hoof.

Celestia fell backwards, startled. She narrowed her eyes,

"If that's how you want to play..." Celestia's horn glowed brighter than the sun, "I COMMAND YOU TO REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!"

A beam of light shot out and struck the foals, causing them to glow. The glow brightened until the entire room was completely white. When the light faded Celestia and Luna looked on, slack-jawed, at the four foals rolling on the floor giggling.

"Again again again again again again again again again again again again again again again."

Celestia slumped as the toll of her spell finally hit her.

"Luna."

"Yes sister?

"This may be harder than we thought."


Realist, as I said.

Fine, you win this round.

You just had to boop her nose, didn't you?

It wasn't me! Well technically it was, but it wasn't my fault.

Where have I heard that before?

Wasn't the first time with the volcano and the flying sharks?

I don't know, I thought the first time was the thing with the plesiosaur.

I think that were getting a bit off track here. Also both of you are wrong, the first time was ...

In the name of Thought and Sanity, can we please get back on track?

Right, sorry about that.

So what are the plans for Celestia and Luna?

Kill them.

No. Next!

Maybe if we ask them really nicely...

I don't think that will work, but we'll keep that as our backup plan. Alright John, what do you have for us?

Well, I suppose we could try to enter their minds, or entice them to enter the Voidscape so we can converse with them.

Good, good. Now, how do we do that?


Author's Note:

Hello all you who are reading this, I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently, but my schedule is a bit hectic right now.
I'm still going to try to get a new chapter out every week or two, so no worries there.

As always let me know if you see any mistakes, or if you have any criticism to give.

Oh, and if any of you know where I could get some fitting cover art for this story, it would be greatly appreciated.

Th-th-th-that's all folks.