• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 1,722 Views, 75 Comments

Young Gods - Eathlome



When four gods leave their dimension their bodies must reform to match the new lifess they now live

  • ...
3
 75
 1,722

Homecoming

Young Gods

Ch. 12: Homecoming


Author's notes:

So, for those of you who didn't know, I had a little vote on my blog, to see which story I would be focusing on the most. This is the story that won, with an impressive... 4 votes?
Yeah, while I'm a bit disappointed that more people didn't vote, I'm true to my word, and have begun to work primarily on Young Gods. I'll still be doing my other stories, just not as much.

Key:
Elder: Younger: Domain:
Mat Lucky Roll Luck
John Golden Sands Time
Diane Midnight Specter Death
Aurora Blooming Orchid Life
All All


Twilight paced around the library, trying to remember if she had forgotten anything. She had emptied a room, and had began to turn it into a bedroom for the four foals. She had also sent Spike out with a big bag of bits and a long list of things to buy. She only had one spare bed, so she needed a few more. Twilight had also picked out a few items she had seen in some of the parenting books she had read. As her eyes passed over the list she had put together, Twilight's mind began to wander. She soon found herself thinking about what Princess Luna had almost said, and what Celestia hadn't wanted her to know.
'What did she say? "These young de?" De... de... What starts with de?'
Twilight continued to ponder this, while going through the motions of checking her list once again. As thoughts swirled around her head, Twilight kept on coming back to one word.
'Demons? No... that just doesn't make sense, They can't be demons, the Princesses would've... No, they can't be, but I can't think of anything else.'
As Twilight strained, attempting to think of what Luna could have been trying to say, a very small seed of worry began to grow..


Fluttershy was walking through Ponyville, heading back towards her cottage. She was accompanied by Blooming Orchid, who was matching her gentle pace. Both of them were very quiet, neither of them had said a word since they had left the library. Every so often, they would glance at each other, then quickly look away. This sort of behavior was common place for Fluttershy, but from what she had seen of Blooming Orchid, it didn't really fit the filly's personality. She couldn't help but wondering if Blooming Orchid was trying to emulate her, or if she just thought they were playing a game.
After a while, Fluttershy's thoughts drifted away from what was going through the mind of the filly beside her, and towards what thoughts would be going through her mind. More specifically:
'Oh my, I hope she doesn't mind all the little animals, though I don't think she will, they are all just so cute. But what if she doesn't like her bed. What if it's too hard, or if it's too soft? What about the pillows? And would she want the blanket, or would that be too foalish. Oh my... What about the room? Would it be to big or maybe it was too small...What if it was too bright? Or not bright enough!'
Fluttershy continued to walk towards her cottage, while pondering about everything that could possibly be wrong. The filly beside her was ignorant to Fluttershy's distress, and was, in fact, quite happy just to be outside.


Applejack was strolling towards Sweet Apple Acres, followed by Golden Sands. She had been telling him about the Apple families History, and he seemed to be soaking it up like a sponge. Applejack was quite happy about that, because every Apple had to learn the family history. Even Applejack, who had struggled through it, now had every single detail of each story firmly ingrained in her head. It had been pretty bad when Applebloom didn't know about the founding of Ponyville, but after a few weeks of lessons from Granny Smith, she had learned a great deal.
Applejack shook her head, and returned her thoughts to Golden Sands. He really didn't act like other foals, he was more toned down and much quieter. Now Applejack understood that all ponies needed some space, but it seemed a bit unnatural, no foal should be this quiet. Golden Sands hadn't said a word since they had began their walk. To be honest, and Applejack prided herself on her honesty, for obvious reasons, it was kind of unnerving.
Applejack stopped and turned to face Golden Sands. He stopped, cocked his head, and gave her a small grin. Applejack let out a snort of amusement.
"All right, let's get ya to Sweet Apple Acres. Granny wants to meet ya, and Ah think that Applebloom'll be pretty excited too."


Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop
Pinkie Pie and Lucky Roll were hopping around Ponyville, each of the sporting a huge grin. As Pinkie hopped up, Lucky landed, and as Pinkie landed, Lucky hopped up.
Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop
The residents of Ponyville looked on at the spectacle. Some with interest, some with curiosity, but most with horror. The thought of two Pinkie-esque ponies was more than enough to terrify the more weak hearted residents of the town and, in fact, several of them had fainted. The pair of hyperactive ponies continued bounding about the town, with Pinkie pointing out every pony and building they passed, and gave a short description of them.
"That over there is Quills and Sofas, they only sell two things. Can you guess what they are? Sofas and Quills! Davenport's the owner, he's always running out of quills, though he's been out of stock much more since Twilight came here!"
Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop
The duo hopped into the store and began bouncing on one of the sofas on display. A very irate looking earth pony walked up to them, a harsh demand forming on his lips. Pinkie did a flip at the apex of her bounce and landed right beside Davenport, shoving a bag full of bits towards him.
"We'll take it!"
Davenport blinked a few times, before slowly reaching up and taking the bits from Pinkie.
"You mean it? You actually want to buy a sofa?"
"Yeppers!"
Davenport shook his head.
"Um... just take the sofa with you when you leave... nopony ever buys a sofa..."
Davenport wandered away, into the back rooms of the store.
Pinkie looked at the sofa, and raised a hoof to her chin.
"Hmm, now how are we going to get it to the Sugar Cube Corner?"
Lucky completed his jump with a double back flip, and landed beside the sofa. He gave the sofa a powerful buck that sent it flying through a hole that had mysteriously opened. The hole closed once the sofa had passed through, and Lucky gave Pinkie a grin.
"Great job Mat!" Pinkie let out a small giggle at the confused look of Lucky's face, "Whoops! I meant Lucky. Good job Lucky."
Lucky returned the smile, and the two resumed their hopping as they exited the shop.


...
...
...
How did she do that!?
Hmm? Oh, yeah... You really don't want to know. Just let it be.
B-but...
Just... let it be.


"Oh Lucky, we are just going to have soooooo much fun. I'll have to introduce to the Cakes. Oh! And the rest of my family! My mom, and dad, and my sisters! I know! We can introduce you to them with a PARTY! Wait. I'm. Just. About. To. Be. Brilliant! We can have a party introducing you to everypony! Ooh! Even better, we can have a party to introduce you and you're bro and sisters to everypony!"
Lucky had a giant grin, matching the one Pinkie wore. The remaining ponies who had heard Pinkie's declaration wore a horrified expression, and rushed to prepare for the oncoming storm. There would soon be a party of apocalyptic proportions.


Midnight Specter glanced at the paper she held in her hoof. Although it wasn't time for her to go see her mother yet, she had already left the confines of the library. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy her mommy's company, but Midnight knew that she was very busy, and without her brothers and sister around, there wasn't much to do. She glanced around, and after a quick check making sure that there was nopony around, she shoved her hoof forward, then quickly slashed down, opening a small dark space floating in the air. Midnight placed the schedule inside the hole, and closed it back up. After one last glance around, she started to flap her wings, and slowly lifted off the ground. Midnight pictured where she was headed to in her mind. A castle, she could see it, she knew it in its entirety, but she couldn't remember from where. This would confuse or disturb most ponies, but Midnight shrugged it off, and started flying towards her destination. The speed she flew at would have baffled any pegasus in Equestria, as would her complete disregarded for any obstacles. She flew straight to her destination, going through anything in her way, as she emulated her namesake.


The creature took in a deep breath. It had been so long since it had last been like this. Far too long, yet not long enough. It slowly released the breath. The clarity it felt, was not something it was accustomed to. A far cry from the entropy which usually ran rampant in its mind. But the unique strength that was granted by would be useful.
The creature let it's conscientiousness flow out, and mingle with the world around it. There they were, so small, yet so bright. They were far stronger than they should be, and surrounded by others, nearly as strong as they. It couldn't confront them, not like this, it hadn't the strength. Stealth would be the winning factor here. If it could strike, without notice, then the battle would be halfway over. But not directly, a direct strike would prove fatal. It needed a medium to work through, a pawn to move. A tool to strike at the most powerful, the least suspecting. The Mistress of Death must be eliminated first.
Stretching out its mind further and further, it found what it was looking for, weak minds, impressionable minds, angry minds.


Dawning Glow stood at the podium, in front of the small crowd.
"The Princess is wise and powerful, she is also full of love and compassion."
The crowd roared, and the bale yellow unicorn allowed himself a small grin.
"She is truly the most caring and beautiful in all of Equestria! Her caring heart knows no limits, she is merciful and benevolent. Truly she is the one true ruler of Equestria!"
The crowd responded with another cheer.
"But even the most perfect are not infallible. Her love and acceptance has blinded her to the threat that looms beside her! But we know the truth!"
Dawning Glow leaned forward, letting his voice wash across the congregation.
"It is said that The Elements of Harmony have cleansed the Dark One, but there is no proof, no evidence to support this claim! And even if it were true, what is stopping history from repeating itself once again?"
There were a few murmurs from the ponies.
"NOTHING! There is nothing to prevent another rise of Nightmare Moon! We must act now, we must strike first! We must-"
Dawning's oration was cut off short, as his body underwent a violent shudder. Several other members of the crowd were afflicted as well, with more and more succumbing to the twitches and convulsions. At once the movements ceased, and the ponies returned to where they had been, their eyes now glazed over, and partially closed. Dawning Glow returned to the podium, and peered out over the crowd, the same glassy eyes looking back at him.
"...kill her."
The words came out as little more than a whisper.
"We must kill the dark goddess. TONIGHT!"
All the ponies in attendance accepted this without question. It had been exactly what they had been thinking, after all.


The creature felt it's mind meld back into it's physical confines. The plan was in motion, there was nothing which could stop it now. It remembered something, which it had heard, long ago.
'There's nothing left to do now but pray.'
But pray to who, or pray to what?
The gibbering madness slowly resurfaced, and left the creature howling with laughter, as it slowly peeled the skin of it's body.


Well, what did you all think of that?
I had actually planned on having this chapter about twice as long, but since it took so long to write and correct, I've just decided to split it into two separate chapters.

Alright, as always let me know any mistakes you find, or any criticism you care to make. Comments are also nice too.

~Eathlome