• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale of Storm Breaker - Skylander545



This tale will tell about Whirlwind's Father who was born in Equestria, abandoned by his own kind and raised by Ponies.

  • ...
9
 6
 1,763

Fitting in

After adopting the rare feather winged dragon she now calls, Storm Breaker, Stormy was putting herself forward as a motherly figure to the dragon. She loved her son and would protect him from the discriminating Elite of Canterlot. She kept Storm Breaker her own care even when he causes a storm to break out by accident. She always kept the hatchling close to her, hoping that Storm Breaker will make a difference in Equestria.


Soon enough, Storm Breaker grew into a kid dragon and was going into first grade at Canterlot Elementary. He asked as he approached the school,

"Mommy, Do you think anypony will like me?"

Stormy told her son, "Storm Breaker, There are times when ponies don't seem to like another and begin to tease them. But you just have to ignore them and try to make friends who know that you can trust."

The dragon asked while stretching his wings, "Will they make fun of my wings?"

Stormy wrapped her right wing around her son, "You have to learn to respect what you are and not what others think. Your wings shows that you are a rare breed of dragon and you are my son."

Storm Breaker took a deep breath, "I guess you are right. I hope it will go well instead of kindergarten."

Stormy spoke, "Leave Kindergarten behind you. The past is the past, it won't interfere with your future."


Stormy led Storm Breaker inside the building and spoke to the principal,

"My son was enrolled in this school for first grade. His name is Storm Breaker."

The Principal spoke as she read the file, "Here it is, Storm Breaker. Feather Wing Dragon. Can cause storms to break out." She looked at the dragon, "Your homeroom is 8B, just down the hall to the right."

Storm Breaker replied, "Thanks." He turned to his mother, "This is where we part ways for the day, Mom?"

Stormy replied, "This is it. I will see you at the end of the day."


Storm Breaker arrived at room 8B for his first day in first grade when he saw the shocked eyes of many fillies and colts who stared at him when he entered. He just calmly walked past everypony to get to his desk. But as he was walking, he was unaware that one irresponsible colt planned to prank him. As Storm Breaker passed the colt's desk, he was nearly tripped when the colt put his hoof in front of Storm's walking space, but unexpectedly Storm Breaker dodged it by using his wings to fly over. The entire class was really shocked at Storm Breaker's wings until he landed.

He finally reached his desk until a light blue Pegasus colt with a rainbow mane spoke,

"That was amazing, you dodged Slap stick's traditional 'Have a nice trip' prank. There is also your Pegasus wings."

The dragon noticed the stallion and said, "I knew that it was a prank because I saw that smirk on his face. As for my wings, I've always had them since I was hatched, purposely abandoned by my own kind and found by my mom."

The colt held out his hoof, "My name is Rainbow Blitz, but most ponies call me Blitz for short." Storm Breaker shook Blitz's hoof, "I'm Storm Breaker, but you can call me Storm for short."


During snack, Storm and Blitz were having their snack that they brought until a Pink Pegasus filly with a Blue mane came up to them and said,

"Geez, dude, For a dragon, you really showed Slap Stick that not everypony or dragon can fall for his pranks."

Blitz introduced the filly, "Storm Breaker, this is my friend, Firefly. She is pretty much of a daredevil sometimes. But on the other hoof, she is one of the most loyal friends you will ever have."

Storm Breaker shook Firefly's hoof and said, "What was your history with this Slap Stick?"

Blitz shrugged, "Personal experience, that's how I met Firefly."

Firefly replied, "I was more of somepony who stands up for others who was pranked by Slap Stick. Blitz was one of those who was a victim to Slap Stick's pranks."

Storm Breaker said, "Well, I had personal experience with pranksters back in kindergarten. That's how I managed to see through Slap Stick's tricks."

Firefly replied, "You have an incredible time of planning."

Storm Breaker finished, "Because I'm trying to fit in with the rest."

Blitz replied, "You can fit in with us, Storm."

Storm Breaker said, "This is going to be a good time."


Stormy picked up Storm Breaker from Canterlot Elementary and saw that he was in a happy mood. She could tell because he was smiling and his wings were flapping uncontrollably. She asked,

"I guess you had a good day at school?"

Storm Breaker said, "Mom, You are not going to guess what happened. I made two new friends today."

Stormy asked, "Who are your new friends?"

The Dragon replied, "They are two Pegasus ponies, Rainbow Blitz and Firefly."

Stormy realized, "I know about those two. Rainbow Blitz's father is a member of the weather team that contained half of the storms you accidentally created. His mother is a Unicorn that acts as a rep for most of the Elite of Canterlot."

Storm Breaker asked, "What about Firefly?"

Stormy replied to her son, "Firefly's family is a more daring type of family. Her mother is a member of the Wonderbolts. A Daredevil team of pegasi who perform tricks. Her father is very loyal to what he does and fills in for his wife from time to time. It must be very good to have them as friends. I'm so proud of you, Storm Breaker."

Storm Breaker nodded, "I guess I'm really starting to fit in with society."

Author's Note:

So its basically Storm Breaker's time of fitting in to society. He met his two friends in the process by dodging Slap Stick's tripping prank. But it goes to show that Storm is more cunning than anypony else. Fast Forward to after High School.