• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale of Storm Breaker - Skylander545



This tale will tell about Whirlwind's Father who was born in Equestria, abandoned by his own kind and raised by Ponies.

  • ...
9
 6
 1,763

Gala and First Love

Storm Breaker was in his Wonderbolt suit on his way to the Gala alongside Nightlight, Twilight Velvet and Firefly. Storm Breaker asked his friends,

"Do you know why I gave Blitz that extra ticket?"

Nightlight asked, "Because you want him to bring a plus one to the Gala?"

Storm Breaker replied, "Yes, that's right. But more importantly, its about his sister."

Firefly asked, "You have a crush on Spectra?"

Storm Breaker said, "I barely even know her. But I don't even know what she looks like."

Twilight Velvet replied, "Don't worry, Storm. If she likes you when she sees you, she would. But you can't worry about it until we get there."

Red came alongside them, "Lets not forget that you have done a bunch of impossible things lately."

Storm Breaker realized, "You're right, Red. The Wonderbolt Suit is actually an example of one of the things I did."

Firefly asked, "Is it strange how Blitz isn't with us right now?"

Nightlight replied, "Yeah, I noticed."

Twilight Velvet said, "He's probably inside already."

As they came to the entrance to the Gala, the bouncer said, "Tickets please....." He noticed Storm Breaker,

"Mr. Storm Breaker and the rest of his friends, its an honor to meet you and have you here at the Grand Galloping Gala."

Storm Breaker said, "Take a chill pill, buddy. You asked us for our tickets." He and his friends held out their tickets as the bouncer calmed down and looked at the list and tickets,

"You are on the VIP list."

Firefly said, "Oh good."

Storm Breaker asked, "Have you seen a blue Pegasus stallion with a Rainbow Mane?"

The bouncer replied, "I saw Rainbow Blitz pass through along with the plus one. A blue Unicorn mare with a Rainbow Mane."

Storm Breaker said, "Thanks."

The bouncer stopped him one more time, "A talking Dragonfly was looking for you as well."

Firefly asked, "A talking Dragonfly?"

The bouncer said, "He is a lightning cloud colored dragonfly named, 'Thunder.' He apparently wants to speak with Storm Breaker. He went to the Gala Ballroom."

Red nodded, "Then we better find him."

The bouncer finished, "Again, Welcome to the Gala. Enjoy the party."


When they made it into the Gala, they paused near the stairs to the ballroom as Storm Breaker said,

"We have to find Blitz and this talking Dragonfly." A voice said,

"You wouldn't have to find the Dragonfly."

They turned around and saw the origin of the voice revealed to be a white Alicorn with a multi-colored mane. They shouted in surprise,

"Princess Celestia!?" They were shocked to see her along with a light grey light buzzing around her. She introduced the grey light,

"This is Thunder, the dragonfly that you were told about. He apparently wants to accompany you through the gala."

Thunder buzzed up to Storm Breaker and said, "Well, I guess we are going to be partners at this gala."

Storm Breaker chuckled, "You got that right." Princess Celestia said, "Enjoy the Gala." They walked past her and proceeded to the Gala Ballroom.


After entering the gala ballroom, Storm Breaker and his friends searched for Blitz and his plus one. Thunder the Dragonfly decided to talk with the dragon,

"So, we are trying to find your friend?"

Storm Breaker replied, "Yes, but the bouncer mentioned that he brought a Unicorn mare with the same colors he has."

Thunder pointed, "Isn't that Blitz right there?"

Storm Breaker said, "Yeah, that's him." He turned to the dragonfly, "Can you find the others and tell them that we found him?"

Thunder saluted, "On my way." The dragonfly sped off as Storm Breaker approached his longtime friend. Blitz noticed,

"Storm Breaker, you finally made it."

Storm Breaker replied, "Hey, I couldn't go to this gala without knowing that my best friend is here."

Blitz said, "By the way, somepony wants to meet you." He moved away and the dragon saw a beautiful unicorn mare with a cyan color and Rainbow mane, just like Blitz. Storm Breaker said in surprise,

"Wow."

Blitz introduced, "Storm Breaker, this is my twin sister, Spectra. Spectra, this is my friend, Storm Breaker."

Spectra smiled, "Its....nice to meet you, Storm Breaker."

Storm Breaker blushed, "Its....nice to meet you as well, Spectra."

Thunder arrived with the rest of the gang as the dragon and unicorn left. Twilight Velvet said to Blitz,

"I guess you've introduced your sister to Storm Breaker."

Blitz replied, "Its the best I could do for her despite Mom's constant bombing of the elegant life for her. Its nice for her to have some free will."

Firefly asked, "Do you think they would be perfect for each other?"

Blitz replied, "Only time will tell."


As Spectra and Storm Breaker went outside to the courtyard, Spectra said,

"So tell me about yourself."

Storm Breaker replied, "When I was a hatchling, I was abandoned by the dragons because of my Pegasus-like wings. My mother, Stormy found me and brought me to the academy for a medical examination. I got the name 'Storm Breaker' after I sneezed and accidently caused a storm to break out."

Spectra realized, "My father controlled that unscheduled storm before Blitz and I were born."

Storm Breaker then told Spectra about how he felt different in a city full of elegant ponies. His first grade story on how he stopped a 'have a nice trip' prank on his first day. How he met Blitz and Firefly, his pals from high school and how he became the first dragon Wonderbolt. But he also explained how he was unloved by dragons, but loved by ponies.

Spectra felt sad on the sad parts of Storm Breaker's story, he was abandoned as a hatchling, and unloved by dragons. Spectra decided to say,

"If it wasn't for your mother, we would've never met."

Storm Breaker said, "Thanks." Spectra leaned her head on Storm Breaker's flight suit as he felt something, he never felt before...it was love. Spectra began to tell her story,

"Blitz and I were inseparable until my Mom took me to those rep meetings with the rich and glamorous of Canterlot. I tried going through everything to make sure that I won't turn into one of them until Blitz told me about a new friend he made in first grade......it was you he was talking about."

Storm Breaker asked, "What happened after you heard of me for the first time?"

Spectra replied as she blushed, "I didn't know what you looked like at first, but my heart soared when I heard about you. I even had dreams about you and me meeting for the first time."

Storm Breaker said, "Well, your dream has come true. We meet here for the first time."

Spectra frowned, "But when my parents found out about you, they began to grow jealous of you. Mom didn't like you because your wings and technique made you more famous than the 'Elite' of Canterlot, but you are more elite than they are. Dad became jealous when you joined the weather team and helped the team with forming storms."

Storm Breaker realized, "I guess I became more famous than I realize."

Spectra smiled as she nudged his side, "Why don't we go inside and dance the night away."

Storm Breaker nodded, "After you, Lady Spectra."

Spectra replied, "Thank you, Sir Storm Breaker."


The couple entered the Gala Ballroom as their friends gathered around as Spectra and Storm Breaker began to dance. Soon, music began to play, but it wasn't like the traditional Gala music. It was different as Spectra began to sing.

Spectra: "This is the darkest night.

Stars have all faded away.

Quiet upon this world.

Spectra and Storm Breaker: "Through the clouds there is a light.

We will find a way.

I would die for you.

Cross the sky for you.

I will send out a light burning for you alone.

You're all I need.

You set me free.

And this fire would Guide You Home."

Storm Breaker: "There is an open door.

Somehow it feels so familiar.

We have been here before."

Both: "Through this old forgotten fight.

There must be a way.

I would die for you.

Cross the sky for you.

I will send out a light burning for you alone.

You're all I need.

You set me free.

And this fire will Guide You Home." The music started to heat up after that second verse,

Both: "Where our hearts are wide open.

Where our bond is unbroken."

Spectra: "I would die for you.

Cross the sky for you.

I will send a light burning for you alone." The music softened up a little until it grew again,

Both: "I would die for you.

Cross the sky for you.

I will send out a light burning for you alone."

Spectra: "You're all I need."

Storm Breaker: "You set me free."

Blitz, Firefly and others decided to sing which caused the entire Gala to sing,

Entire Gala: "I would die for you.

Cross the sky for you.

I will wait for you.

And I'll stay with you."

Spectra and Storm Breaker as the Gala continued the same chorus line, "You're all I need.

You set me free." The Gala began ahhhing the final chorus line.

Spectra and Storm Breaker: "Set me free.

And this fire will Guide You...."

Spectra: "Home."

The music ended as the entire Gala cheered as the couple ended the song with a kiss. Blitz clearly saw his sister and his best friend as a great couple. He smiled at the fact that true love will always be the most powerful thing. He and the others all know about it as well.

Author's Note:

So this is actually a romantic chapter for this fic. Storm Breaker and Spectra meet for the first time and reveal their life stories.