• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale of Storm Breaker - Skylander545



This tale will tell about Whirlwind's Father who was born in Equestria, abandoned by his own kind and raised by Ponies.

  • ...
9
 6
 1,763

Love and Solution

Sometime after the Grand Galloping Gala, Blitz has noticed a love-struck trance in his twin sister. He smiled because he knows that she's in love with his Best Friend. He always saw her staring at a poster of Storm Breaker while humming 'Guide You Home,' he decided to ask,

"Spectra, you are in love with Storm Breaker?"

Spectra snapped out of her trance and said, "Yes, I am in love with Storm Breaker. He is a kind gentledrake and his life story was sad and soon I realized that I had a sad life story as well."

Blitz realized, "All the times, Mom took you to those meetings of Canterlot's Elegant Ponies."

Spectra frowned, "Those were the most boring hours of my life. I can't stand being in another one again. Storm Breaker is my light at the end of the tunnel."

Blitz asked, "If you love him so much, I could convince him to marry you."

Spectra replied, "But, if Mom and Dad find out about me marrying Storm Breaker. They won't be too happy about having a dragon for an in-law. But I love that dragon. I don't have to listen to what they say anymore."

Blitz said, "That's my sister. Able to reject the elegant lifestyle to follow her heart."

Spectra wondered, "But I wonder if Storm Breaker is thinking about me?"


At Sweet Apple Acres, Storm Breaker was caught in a love-struck trance as Red asked,

"Hey Lover boy, are the Apple Pies done?"

The Feather Winged Dragon didn't respond as he continued his love-struck trance. Red realized that the dragon wasn't paying attention and the oven started to burn,

"Storm Breaker, Ya'll burnin' the pies!"

That instantly snapped him out of his trance as the dragon turned the oven off and brought the partially burnt pies out of the oven. Red said,

"Its not the pies, ya wer thinkin' 'bout Spectra, again."

Storm Breaker replied, "Well, I am thinking about her more often now."

Red asked, "Then why haven't ya proposed to her? Ya practically told her yer life story."

Storm Breaker replied, "Well, Red, I'm a Dragon and she's a pony. I don't even know how it would work out."

Red asked, "But ya do love her, right?"

Storm Breaker smiled, "I do love her. I love her so much." The Dragon realized, "You're right, Red. I should marry her."

Blitz appeared, "Well, I guess convincing you is out of the question. Because Spectra wanted me to convince you to marry her."

Storm Breaker noticed, "Blitz, you want me to marry your sister?"

Blitz replied, "You've been my best friend since 1st grade. There's no way I could turn on you now."

Storm Breaker told Blitz, "Tell Spectra that I'll marry her." Blitz took off to tell Spectra that Storm Breaker will marry her.


When he got home, Spectra was in tears of sadness because something must've happened when he was gone. Blitz asked,

"Spectra, what happened?"

Spectra replied, "They found out about my love for Storm Breaker."

Blitz said, "Oh no. What did they do to you?"

Spectra leaned her head on the poster of Storm Breaker, "They've arranged a marriage to a snotty rich unicorn stallion...my marriage."

Blitz realized, "Those no good, dream destroying excuses for parents!"

Spectra replied, "Its also rare to see Dad collaborating with the Elegant Ponies."

Blitz said, "I'm going to bring Firefly over, so we can discuss this."

Spectra asked, "But what about Storm Breaker? What did he say?"

Blitz smiled, "Storm Breaker wants to marry you."

Spectra's tears of sadness turned to tears of joy, hugged her brother and said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Blitz replied, "I'll bring your real fiancé here, so we could discuss our plan."

Spectra smiled, "I want to be with Storm Breaker."

Blitz replied, "You will."


After gathering Firefly and Storm Breaker, Blitz discussed what has happened while Spectra and Storm Breaker nudge each other. Storm Breaker was shocked that Spectra and Blitz's parents found out about him and arranged Spectra's marriage in anger. But the only way to stop this marriage is to convince Spectra and Blitz's parents that Storm Breaker is Spectra's True Love. Spectra said,

"I was forcefully engaged, but no longer." She turned to Storm Breaker, "I want to be with you."

The Feather Winged Dragon replied as he lowered himself, "Spectra, will you...marry me?"

The Unicorn smiled as she said, "Yes, yes I will marry you."

Until a voice from the door said, "No, you won't!"

It was Spectra's mother who brought Spectra's 'Fake' Fiancé. Spectra stood scared as Storm Breaker took his battle stance between Spectra and her mother. Blitz and Firefly joined in as well. Her mother said,

"She is already engaged with this handsome stallion. So, you should stay away from her and be out of her life, Dragon."

Storm Breaker smiled, "Not a chance, she wanted to marry me because its her choice." He eyed Spectra's Fake Fiancé, "And the name is Storm Breaker." He let out a good shock on the unicorn stallion as the stallion said,

"I'll just wait outside." He walked out the door.

Spectra's mother said, "Why you...."

Blitz said, "Mom, Spectra has had a crush on Storm Breaker since I first talked about him. She's been in love with Storm Breaker because of his good deeds."

Another voice said from the door, "The dragon has caused nothing but trouble since he first showed up."

Blitz sneered, "Dad."

Spectra and Blitz's Dad said, directing his attention to Storm Breaker, "Every storm that appeared was caused by this dragon and this dragon alone."

Spectra replied, "I'm aware of Storm's past, but its just your jealousy of him, talking and not you in general."

Storm Breaker stood up, "Our love for each other is too great to be separated."

Firefly spoke, "If you force Spectra to marry that snotty, no-good, petty excuse for a gentlecolt, I swear you would be sorry for messing with us."

Blitz and Spectra's dad asked, "Why is that?"

Storm Breaker said, "When you are a famous Feather Winged Dragon, who earned a lot of titles, you know someponies."

After a heated argument, the four have left the house and Spectra went to live with Storm Breaker at his house. While Rainbow Blitz and Firefly went to tell the only Alicorn capable of helping them.


A group of guards led Blitz and Firefly to the throne room where they met the Alicorn, Fausticorn, Princess Celestia's mother. She noticed the two and said,

"Greetings, young ponies. What brings you to request an audience with me?"

Blitz asked, "Your Highness, do you remember Storm Breaker the Feather Winged Dragon?"

Fausticorn replied, "Yes, the young dragon with Pegasus-like wings. A strange, but gifted type of dragon."

Firefly spoke, "He and Blitz's sister, Spectra want to get married, but Spectra's parents in protest arranged a marriage with a Unicorn stallion."

Fausticorn gasped, "Why would they do such a thing?"

Blitz spoke, "They don't like Storm Breaker out of jealousy."

Fausticorn replied, "Jealousy is always its own weapon. But I will help you."

Firefly asked, "How?" Fausticorn used her magic to open an observation portal to world beyond anyponies' imagination. She said,

"This is Skylands, a majestic world of floating islands except for the only whole continent, Avalar."

Blitz asked, "You mean, send both Spectra and Storm Breaker to Skylands?"

Fausticorn nodded, "But you better act fast because the portal between Skylands and Equestria closes next week. I also have to go there because the Portal Master, Eon has requested me to come on a very important matter."

Blitz asked, "Your highness, If they accept, would we ever see them again?"

Fausticorn smiled, "The Portal to Skylands opens once every two years."


After convincing Spectra and Storm Breaker to move to Skylands, Fausticorn opened the portal to Skylands and the couple entered and ran away to Skylands. Blitz narrated his experience after having them move to Skylands,

"There was a wedding at Eon's Citadel near the Core of Light and I was honored to be the Best Stallion." He looked at Spectra, who was wearing a Wedding Veil and Storm Breaker, who was wearing a bowtie,

"Spectra and Storm Breaker are truly a match made in Equestria. We succeeded in bringing them together, but now I'm just wondering how would I confront my parents when I return home." He looked at Firefly,

"Firefly and I are together and we were always there to help Storm Breaker. Firefly was his roommate at the Wonderbolt Academy and I was his evaluator." He looked at Fausticorn, who was now pronouncing them husband and wife, and back at Firefly,

"Maybe I could propose to Firefly and ask Fausticorn to marry us in Skylands. But I won't know how it would happen."

He looked at his friends from High School, "But at least our friends from Equestria came here to watch this special occasion."

After Spectra and Storm Breaker kissed, they walked to the airship for their Honeymoon, not before Spectra said to her brother,

"Good-Bye, Blitz. I'll miss you." She hugged her brother as she cried tears of joy. Firefly spoke,

"We'll see you guys again in two years."

Twilight Velvet spoke, "And when those two years come around."

Red said, "We'll be around for a reunion."

Nightlight said, "We'll miss you guys."

Storm Breaker noticed a camera, "How about we take a picture of this moment, so we can remember this?"

They all got into a formation as Thunder the Dragonfly set a timer for the camera as he said,

"Say Skylands!"

Everypony and dragon yelled, "Skylands!" As the photo snapped. As they got out of formation, Blitz decided,

"Firefly..."

Firefly replied, "Yes, Blitz?"

Blitz lowered, "Will you.....Marry me?"

Firefly smiled, "Well, we did agree not to get married unless Spectra and Storm Breaker do. So, yes I will marry you."

After a second wedding, Master Eon set the Portal of Power to Equestria as Firefly, Rainbow Blitz and the rest of their friends waved bye to Spectra and Storm Breaker.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After all the weddings were over, Master Eon spoke to Fausticorn,

"You know why I called you here?"

Fausticorn shook, "No, Master Eon." The Portal Master led the Alicorn into his citadel and entered a chamber where a small nest containing a purple and green Dragon Egg lies unattended. Master Eon said,

"This Dragon Egg contains a rare breed of dragon that has the power to wield many abilities. But most other dragons master a single element, this dragon can master four."

Fausticorn asked, "Where are the parent dragons?"

Master Eon had a frown on his face, "They....were....slaughtered by the remnants of the Dark Master's forces after the war. This egg was the only thing left when I got there."

Fausticorn looked at the egg, "You want me to take the egg back to Equestria?"

Master Eon nodded, "You raise the Purple Dragon under your care or under somepony else's care. But the choice is up to you, your highness."

Fausticorn magically picked up the egg as she asked, "How often does a Purple Dragon's birth occur?"

The Portal Master replied, "Once every 200 years, but this one was laid in the nest four years after the previous Purple Dragon, who is lost somewhere throughout Skylands, still at a young stage."

Fausticorn placed the egg in her saddlebag, "I'll take the egg back to Equestria. And I know a pony who has faced centuries of sadness."

Eon replied, "Your daughter, Princess Celestia has faced centuries of sadness after losing her sister."

Fausticorn replied, "And maybe this hatchling will bring her a little bit of happiness when it hatches."


Meanwhile on the Airship to Avalar, Spectra and Storm Breaker were sitting on the port side of the ship, staring at the moonlight of Skylands. Because they are finally married, they sung 'Guide You Home' as they watched the moonlight. They know that they would return to Equestria in the next two years and visit their friends.

Author's Note:

This is the end of their struggle to be together. But this is not the end of 'The Tale of Storm Breaker', not yet anyway. See you in the final chapter.