• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 2,190 Views, 39 Comments

R3B0UNd - Page Turner



Octavia has kicked Vinyl out. Again. Can Pinkie Pie cheer up the brokenhearted DJ?

  • ...
3
 39
 2,190

The Pinkie is a Spy

Part 5
The Pinkie is a spy!

Octavia placed the last of her belongings into the box. A part of her was sad to be leaving, but she was sure that not living with that insane DJ would make her life easier. no more Vinyl; no more bad music puns, no more noise complaints, no more waking up in the morning to the whole building shaking from the beat of too-loud dubtrot. all the bass player had to do was keep telling herself that she was over Vinyl. Maybe eventually she would convince herself.

“I’m glad you decided to come with me Octavia. The old house gets awfully lonely.” Octavia looked over at her new coltfriend, he was still fully dressed in his suit and tie. Octavia idly wondered if he ever took the thing off, which gave rise to a ridiculous image of him wearing that suit in the shower. The grey mare giggled, causing her companion to look uncomfortable. “what? did a do something weird?”

“No, no, no, It wasn’t anything you did, I just had an amusing thought.” Octavia explained.

“oh good.”

“just- why do you always dress so formal?”

Silver looked thoughtful for a moment. “I suppose it makes me feel important.” he admitted. “All through my childhood i was picked on for not being special, everyone else in my class got their cutie mark before I did, so I suppose that made me feel a bit plain.”

Octavia turned to fully face Silver. “You’re not plain, you did get your mark eventually, that’s what’s important.”

Silver looked back at the embroidered symbol on his pants. “yes.” he said. “I suppose so.”

“And for what it’s worth, you’re special to me.” the dark maned musician said sweetly.”

The unicorn smiled “I love you.”
Octavia snorted with laughter.
“what now?” asked a bemused Silver.

“Nothing, I’m just remembering how my ex used to say ‘I wub you’ she thought she was so terribly clever.”

Silver laughed. “Wow, that’s bad.”

“tell me about it.” The two ponies shared a good laugh, but Octavia’s heart wasn’t fully in it, some small part of her, the part that missed Vinyl, felt bad for laughing at the DJ’s expense.

++++++

Lyra was feeling very self conscious, she knew that to the rest of the world she looked and sounded like Pinkie Pie, but from her perspectie, the only thing between her and the rest of the world was a simple paper mask with the pink pony’s face on it.
“Uh, Pinks? you feeling alright?” Vinyl asked, looking concerned.

“Of course! why Wouldn’t I be?” The Pretend Pinkie Replied with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. It wasn’t enough.

“you sure? you seem a lot less... Pink... than usual.”

Lyra was on the verge of panic. “What? I’m definitely not turning mint! I’m Just as Pink as ever! see? ~My name is Pinkie Piiie~”

Fortunately, Vinyl took this as Pinkie just being random. “no, I mean you seem less energetic, almost like you're sick or something.”

That was when Lyra got an idea. the point of her mission was to keep the real Vinyl and Pinkie separated, and The DJ’s statement had given her An Idea as to how to go about it. She sighed. “Oh you noticed.” She allowed her head to droop. “I’ve been trying to hide it for a while now because I didn’t want to ruin our date, but you’re just too smart. You’re right. I am sick. It feels like the Viruses are having a party inside my head, and not the fun kind of party that everypony loves, the kind with Jokey smokes and too much cider that ends with the royal guards coming to investigate the neighbor’s noise complaints.” Lyra but a hoof to her mouth and faked a cough in order to hide the small grin at her little pinkie-ism.

“Oh no! We should get you to a doctor!” Vinyl said worriedly.

Lyra’s panic returned in full force, If a doctor examined her too closely they would see through her disguise and she’d be stuck having to explain to Vinyl why she had been impersonating Pinkie...

“A-actually, I think I should just go home...” she tried.

“Don’t be stupid Pinks. You obviously need help!” the white unicorn countered. “I am taking you to the hospital whether you like it or not.”

Lyra Pie lowered her head in resignation. “Alright Scratchy.” she replied. “we’ll go to the hospital.” She would just have to think of a way to get away from vinyl before they got there.

++++++

Pinkie Followed Totally-Not-Twilight to another part of the park. still unable to calm her twitchy hoof. “I got the message!” She exclaimed.

“What?” The

“Oh, I’m just talking to myself.” the pink pony replied.

“You are a real conundrum you know?”

“What’s that? What’s a conundrum? is it tasty?”

“Not really.”

Pinkie tilted her head to one side, studying the white unicorn carefully. “What’s wrong Scratchy? you’re so quiet.”

Okay, Twilight thought, Acting time, make it convincing. “Well Pinks, It’s... us. I don’t think it’s going to work.”

“Why not? I’m Having a superiffic wonderfultastc time with you! And that’s saying something because I usually just have a supertastic wonderiffic time! but a superiffic wonderfultastc time is way, way, waaay Better!”

“Well. I’m not. I’m sorry but... well, It’s Octavia.”

“What’s Octavia? A conundrum? Octavia is a conundrum? what was a Conundrum again? I mean, other than Octavia-”

“NO!” Twilight-as-Vinyl snapped. “I mean I still Have Feelings for Octavia! and Conundrum means ‘mystery.’”

“So...” Pinkie sat down and adopted a thoughtful pose. “Octavia... is a mystery?”

“Augh! you don’t get it! I’m breaking up with you!”

“Oh! Ok!”

“Ok? that’s it?”

“Weeell, there is one itty bitty little thingy I want to ask, and you have to Pinkie Promise that you’ll tell me the truth.”

Twinyl began going through the hoof motions as she recited “Cross my hear and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my AUGH! why do I always do that?” she grumbled rubbing her sore eye. she looked up at Pinkie, and the minute she saw the look on the party pony’s face, she knew she had made a mistake.

“Twilight.” Pinkie pie said. her tone more serious than the unicorn had ever heard. “Why are you trying to ruin my date?”

++++++

There was a knock at the door. If that light, almost imperceptible tapping could qualify as a knock. It was a wonder that Octavia had heard it at all. she opened the door to see a butter yellow pegusus standing, or rather, cowering on her doorstep.

“Um... Sorry to bother you miss Octavia, But... Um... I need you to come with me to the park.” fluttershy stammered.

“Oh.” Octavia frowned “I’m kind of busy...”

“Oh... But... It’s... Um... Really Important.”

Just then Silver joined Octavia at the door. “What’s going on?”

“EEP!” Fluttershy squealed. “Oh, I’m sorry... I didn’t realize you had company...”

“Oh, Silver’s not company.” Octavia replied. “He’s helping me move out.”

“Mmmmmmove out?”

“Yes, I’m going back to Canterlot.”

“NO! um... i mean... you need to come with me right now.”

“You Still Haven’t told me what it is that’s so important.” Octavia pointed out.

“Oh... Right... It’s Vinyl. There’s been an accident...”

“What?” Octavia shouted.

“EEP!”

“What happened?” Silver interjected.

“I... I don’t know...”

Silver Turned to Octavia. “You should go, I can finish up here.”

“Are you sure?”

“Sure I’m sure, You go help your... um... Ex”

“Well alright.” Octavia relented. “Lead the way Fluttershy.”

++++++

Bon-Bon was glad she had decided to keep tabs on Lyra. That crazy mare had managed to get herself into a tight spot and she was going to need help getting out. She kept following them from a distance, waiting for just the right moment to strike. the moment came as her marks passed an alley.

“Hey Scratchy! look at This!” The cream coated pony called, her voice taking on a high pitched tone that was a spot on match for Pinkie Pie.

The DJ whipped around to look back at the alley. “What the Hay? Pinkie Why does your voice sound like it’s way over-” she turned back to see that Pinkie Had Vanished. in her place, stood Lyra.

“Hi Vinyl!” Lyra said. “How’s it going?”

“Wha- Huh? what happened to Pinkie?”

Lyra pointed toward Bon-Bon’s alley. “I think she went that way.”

“Feathers!” Vinyl muttered, turning again to rush toward the alley, only to run headlong into Bon-Bon.

“Ouch!” The earth pony groaned. “watch where you’re going!”

“Sorry. I didn’t see you there, I’m in a hurry, gotta catch my date! gotta go!” Vinyl said as she rushed away down the alley.

As soon as the coast was clear, Lyra and Bon-Bon burst out laughing.

++++++

“Soooo, Let me make sure I have this right.” Pinkie said. “I am full of this stuff called Chaos energy which makes everything around me go all crazy.”

Twilight, now out of her disguise, nodded.

“And Scratchy is full of the same Cuckoo juice.”

Twilight nodded.

“And when wacko meets wonky, everything around them goes wonko.”

Twilight Nodded

“Which is why you Decided to play dress up as Scratchy so you could prevent us from making the whole world go bonkers.”

Twilight nodded.

“Okie dokie loki. In that case...” Pinkie suddenly lashed out with a hoof, smacking a very stunned twilight. “You big Silly! Why didn’t you just tell me? did you think I was too dumb to understand? Just because I do crazy things sometimes... well, okay, ALL the time. Doesn’t mean I don’t know when a problem is bigger than me!”

“Pinkie, I just didn’t want to hurt your-”

“Didn’t want to hurt my feelings? So you planned this elaborate stunt behind my back? THAT hurts!”

“Pinkie... I’m... Sorry.” Twilight looked like she was on the verge of tears.

“Okay. I forgive you Twilight.” and just like that, Pinkie was back to her normal self.

“I’m really really- wait, just like that?”

“Yup!”

“you’re not mad?”

“Nope. You said you were sorry, so it’s fine.”

“I... don’t know what to say.”

“you don’t need to say anything, It’s done, Hot Chocolate under the Licorice bridge! what’s important now is getting Scratchy and Octavia back together!”

Twilight nodded. “We’re already working on it.”

“Oh really?” a voice called from neaby. Both ponies looked around, trying to find the source. A stallion stepped out from behind the nearest tree. “well, I’m afraid I can’t let you do that.” said Silver Bright.