• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 931 Views, 39 Comments

The Misadventures of Blazing "Inferno" Justice - Blazing Justice



What happens when your mother is royalty? Sister is famous? Best friend is your Sister's coltfriend? Misadventures, that's what!

  • ...
13
 39
 931

Complications [Edited]

Quick Note: There are perspective changes here and most likely later too, so be aware of who's perspective it is. Now, on with the story!

13 Years Later...

Thirteen Years. Thirteen years ago, I had that horrible, horrible vision. But yet, nothing has come to pass. I sometimes wonder if it isn't real... Then I think of the visions I had that were real. The bullies at school beat up my brother. My father had to move away for his job. But then there were the good ones. Mom got a job serving food in Canterlot Castle. Me and Rhino graduated middle school 12 years ago and are now fully on our own. I mean, our lives are great. Well, great until we have to obey our parents house rules. That's currently what Rhino and I are talking about now.
"Of course I'm sure. We're making one of the biggest decisions of our lives right now, and I couldn't be more sure about this." Rhino says.
"But... Ponyville? Really? It sounds so boring. I mean, 'a small town near the Everfree Forest.' Snoozville." I say, I'm unsure of what to do. I want to follow Rhino's decision, but I don't want to live a boring life either.
"Yes, really. It's not too far from here, and it has nicely paying jobs. I think it's a great choice." Rhino says confidently. Currently, we are sitting on a park bench in one of Canterlot's public parks.
I was about to respond, but a blue mare walkedpast us. "Hm, she looks familiar."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perspective Switch: Sapphire Justice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hm, he looks familiar, but I can't put my hoof on it. Ugh, whatever. He'll turn up eventually. Ooh! Atom! I walk away waving at him.
"Hey, babe. I just got off duty for today." He says, walking next to me.
"Well, what a big, strong coltfriend I have. Being in the Royal Guard and all." I say to Atom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Perspective Switch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hm, whatever. She's leaving. She looks so familiar, but I can't put my hoof on it. Ugh, whatever. Let's go home, Rhy." Unbeknowst to me, Rhino fell asleep in the twenty minutes it took me to think. I lean close to whisper in his ear, and then... "WAKE UP, RHINO!" My sudden shout causes him to jump up and reflexively Res to the tree above us. I laughed. Hard.
"Oh, ha ha that was so funny." (I'm sorry, I don't know how to write that very well.) He climbs down and gives me the most blood-chilling stare, ever.
"Ya know, I could stick you to this bench and leave," He deadpans.
I stop laughing and gulp, "Point taken." We get up, our minds set. I stretch and ask, "We're buying the house then?"
"Of course," He replies, plain as ever. "It's gonna be a nice house, too. Fully furnished, everything."
"Cool." Right then, the blue mare pops up in my head again. "Ugh, who was that mare?" I notice a poster on the pole next to us featuring: the blue mare. I pull it off the pole and read it aloud, "Sapphire Justice plays a concert in Ponyville town square. Buy tickets at town hall." The name hits me like a ton of bricks, "Sapphire JUSTICE?! MY SISTER?!" I yell ecstatically. "She's alive!"
"You have a sister? I thought you said your whole family died in the fire?" He questions, unsure of this situation.
"Apparently, she's alive and still plays..." I look at the picture on the poster. "...The guitar. Just like me! Oh this is awesome!" I say, oblivious to the ponies staring at me.
"You play guitar? Since when?" He questions again.
"Since always. We used to play together. We wrote... one song..." I finish with a sheepish smile.
"One? Are you good?" He asks, apparently really interested.
"Well, I don't play guitar, but I sing with her. I'm a good singer." I say to a very confused Rhino. We start walking home to tell mom and dad about the house, and long lost sibling.
"Anyway, what are you gonna do when you see her?" he asks.
"Sing with her. I want her to know I'm okay after all these years." I say.
"Okay then." He says, dropping the subject.
3 Hours Later...
Rhino is crying a bit as he hugs mom and dad goodbye.
"We're leaving now. Bye Mom, Bye Dad." I say, hooked onto a cart with Rhino, ready to leave for Ponyville. I hug them and say, "We'll write to you guys! Come visit sometime!" I shout as we walk away, pulling the cart together.
"We're on our way, bro. We're on our way." Rhino says, still emotional after his goodbye hugs. "This is gonna be great." Right then, a mare crashes on the ground a few hooves ahead of us. "AH!"
The mare in question happens to be a bat pony. She tries to slowly get up, just to collapse on the ground again, unconscious. "Ugh, Rhy, can you lift her onto my back with your magic? I'll carry her to Ponyville. That looks to be her destination anyway."
Nodding, Rhino puts the mare onto my back and says, "There. You're sure you can carry her and pull the cart at the same time?"
"Yeah, she's not that heavy. Onward!" We set off again, unsure of what other surprises are gonna come our way today. But whatever they are, we're gonna face them head-on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And that's when I accidentally met your aunts." I say, closing my journal/book.
"Awesome! So she fell out of the sky in front of you and uncle Rhino? And you didn't recognize your own sister?" Prism asked.
"Well, I thought she was dead. I thought she died with my parents." I say sadly.
"Okay, bedtime now, kids!" Dash shouts from the other room.
"Okay, mom." Flame answered for the both of them.
"Goodnight, Flame and Prism." I say to my kids as they scurry to bed.
"Night Dash, I love you." I say to my wife.
"Night Blaze. Love you, too." She says to me, as we engage in a short, passionate kiss.
As I lay to sleep, Dash scoots into bed and sighs contentedly. I do the same, and fall asleep a few minutes later.

Author's Note:

In the next chapter, I sing on stage with my sister, eat apple pie, and almost get killed by Atom! So enjoy that little preview!

As always, comment, like, and favorite if you like it!