• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 2,452 Views, 61 Comments

Bars and Rainbows Forever - Ribe_FireRain



'Can anyone hear me? SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!' Rainbow is in a strange prison and has no idea what is going on... What could she of done....?

  • ...
23
 61
 2,452

Awakening (rewritten)

Author's Note:

For those of you who know the story, some things (or maybe all) will be changed. I'm rewriting the whole story and trying to improve it as best I can.

For those of you who are not familiar with this story or Rocket to Insanity, I strongly recommend that you watch it on youtube first so you know what it is, otherwise this won't make any sense to you.

The theme for this story is ''Who will save you now'', by Les Friction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI0FETSHAv4
-
LemonStone

Bars and Rainbows Forever

Written by DashApple,

Co-Author, marioguy681

Edited by marioguy681



Rainbow Dash was on the concrete floor of a small room that was completely empty, apart from a small opening in the wall that was a window.
She was out cold, laying on the floor with a long and heavy ball and chain combo wrapped around her neck. Her wings were restrained by a long metal Pegasus cuff that held her wings together so that they won't move.
After a few hours, the light moved onto Rainbow Dash's eyelids causing her to wake up, and regain her consciousness.
Her eyes opened slowly, but began to close again. Once the sun's gaze made contact with her eyes again however, she was up for good.
She once again moved her eyelids open slowly, but this time she fully opened them. This was followed by a groaning noise that came from the cyan Pegasus.
''Ughhh.... where.... where am I?' 'What's this thing around my...''

Dash screamed, she screamed for a long time in shock of having a ball and rusted chain around her neck.

''AHHHHH!' 'WHATS THIS THING DOING AROUND MY NECK!?!?' 'SOMEPONY, ANYPONY, HELP ME!!''
Rainbow's cries were so loud they hurt her ears and made her fall back down.

She fidgeted for a while trying to get the thing off her, but it was no use. She was tied down, like a dog in the garden.
Soon after she heard the clop of hooves down the corridor of her cell.

Rainbow didn't care who it was, she just wanted someone to help her get out.
''HEY! HEYYYYY! HELP ME!''

They continued to come closer

''Help me! I'm trapped in here.....''
Rainbow was cut off by the all very similar voice of a mare. A voice that seemed too familiar to her...

''Is that... are you??''

The darkened shadow of the figure came into view. It was Applejack.

''AJ?!' 'What are you doing here?! You know what, it doesn't matter. Just help me!''

AJ, the most dependable of ponies, just gave Rainbow a smug look.

''Why should ah help ya?'' She said glumly as she stared down at her shaken Pegasus friend. ''After what you did to Pinkie, I don't think so.''

Rainbow could feel the tears coming. After Applejack said those words, the rest of her friends walked in, all giving Rainbow the same glare as Applejack.

''Whats going on? Why are you here?'' Rainbow asked, and she wanted an answer NOW!

''AJ, Twilight.... Whats....''

Applejack cut her off.

''Don't you call me ''AJ'', Dash.''

AJ's voice was sharp with hate and anger as she looked into the cyan ponies magenta eyes and even her very soul.

Twilight's eyes did the same, as did Fluttershy's and Rarity's

Rainbow suddenly noticed that Pinkie Pie wasn't there at the towering fences of her cell, confusing her but also making her worry.

''Where's Pinkie? D-Did something happen? Where is she?!'''

They all gave her a dark look, except Fluttershy, who just burst into tears.

Rarity comforted Fluttershy by patting her gently with her hoof on her shoulder then pulling her into a hug, letting her cry on her silky coat.

Rainbow still gave them her same sad expression as they all still gave her a darkened look.

Twilight stepped forward, standing just a few centimeters from where Rainbow was sitting.

''Rainbow, the reason Pinkie Pie isn't here...is...is because...'' She choked back on a few tears before looking back at Rainbow. ''You killed her.''

Rainbow Dash felt her heart sink.

''W-What did you just say...? I-I k-k-killed Pinkie?''

Applejack looked at her sternly, still keeping that glare in her eyes as they met Rainbow's.

''Y-You don't remember? Not anything?'' Applejack said slowly as a tear slid off her cheek and onto the floor.

Rainbow shook her head, not looking back at Applejack's face as she kept her gaze on the floor, herself soon welling up with tears. She put her hooves in her eyes and sobbed quietly.
AJ put a hoof on her shoulder through the bars and petted her rainbow mane attempting to calm the weeping Pegasus.

''Shhhh..... Its okay Rainbow....''

Rainbow didn't buy it. ''Its not, okay, Applejack.'' Rainbow cried, tears forming a small pool beneath her. ''P-Pinkie is dead! I killed her! My own friend! I don't even remember what happened! Maybe I am insane...''

''You are not insane, Rainbow, darling.'' Rarity reassured. ''We are you're friends, and we still love you, no matter what.''

Rainbow was flush of emotion and tears, her face was wet with all the crying, and the reassurance of her friends didn't seem to do much good in her current situation.

''I....I just want to go home.... I don't want to be alone....''

She had more sadness in her voice than she had ever had before.

Rarity escorted Fluttershy out of the door of the prison cell block and was silent when they trotted out. Not one of them said a word. They just couldn't bear seeing their friend like this.

Twilight and Applejack were the last two in the room.

Twilight told Rainbow about what happened and how she got here. Rainbow was brought to the prison after she gutted Pinkie in the Sugarcube Corner kitchen as if she was a psychopath possessing her body, making her do inhumane things.

She said she fainted after the shock when her sanity came sweeping back to her at the sight of her bleeding friend in front of her.

All of it was because of her nightmare of Pinkie giving her cupcakes and torturing her for her flesh for more cupcakes.

Twilight brought her to a doctor and that's were Pinkie had died. She died in the hospital bed from pain and blood loss. Rainbow on the other hand went into a coma, and lost consciousness, until she woke up.

''Twilight, why am I here? That wasn't me doing those terrible things! I-I'm not crazy! I would never hurt any of my friends like that! You know I wouldn't! I'm your friend!''

Twilight saw Rainbow's sobs coming back. ''Rainbow, I know you aren't crazy. The thing is, everypony in town thinks you are insane and a monster for doing that to Pinkie. You're here because others see you as some kind of threat to safety. Don't worry, Rainbow. We promise we won't let anything happen to you. As long as we remain friends, we will always be here for you.''

Just then the intercom buzzed and a Stallion spoke over the speakers.

''Visiting hours are now over. Please proceed to make your out of the building.''

AJ and Twilight both said their goodbyes to their friend and left the room.

A faint tear stroking Rainbow's cheek dripped to the floor.

She mumbled under her breath ''Goodbye guys....''

She was alone now. More alone than ever before. She just wanted it all to end so she could go back to her normal life, but could that ever happen?