• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 490 Views, 2 Comments

Proof within the moon. - New Lunar



A lone moonshinner making a living off of well moonshine, but not every one agrees with the way he makes his bits or his history.

  • ...
2
 2
 490

Known as dead, but better as death

The weather was growing the closer I got to canterlot. By 5 minutes it was down pouring rain sideways. The wind was starting to knock my balence off at the high speeds. My training could not prepare me for weather like this. When I was a colt flying wes excpected of a pegasus. The lightning was getting closer and closer to hitting me.

"Buck off weather team of canterlot! Nothing can stop me! For I am known as Death that soars on pale wings!" No one has ever called me that but the enemys that feared my name. Celestia made this my war name. Griffins were even scared when they saw a lone pegasus in the moons light. Everypony feared me, and I loved it. I never used it for bad though, only in the face of fear was when I truly used it.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" This voice was almost missed if it wasn't due to no thunder. The toyish looking train below me showed the train engineer yelling at me. "COME ONTO THE TRAIN DUMB ASS!" I gladly agreed shooting stright at the closed windows of the therd train car.

I smashed through one that no pony was stitting at and rain soon followed me in. Everypony just staired at me with frightend eyes, one mare was even screaming. "Look everypony don't worry. Just luner guard things I have to do." Man I haven't used the royal guard voice for to long.

"Whats a luner guard doing this far from canterlot? Wait is that you Everfree?" The mare was in the back of the car.

"HA you know wearing green doctor scrubs while not at the hospital is not in style Redheart." The white mare just blushed. She had fixed me up one to many times. I was her first patient after my first training round with the luner guards beat me. We were even the same age too. "How have you been?"

"I'm the one that should be asking you that!" I swear she had tears in her eyes. "After you saved Big Mac and Applejack I lost you easly 8 times due to blood loss! Plus removing metal shrapnal from every part of your back killed you 3 times!" Her words was filled with sobbing as she wrapped her soft arms around me not showing any letting go eather.

"They don't call me death for nothing." Trying to make her stop crying whiched some what worked I kneld down to eye level. "Redheart I fear that you may have to save my life once more."

"Why is that Everfree?"

"Its Banjo. Banjo Moon, nerse Redheart."

Her bloodshot eyes went wide just like Twighlight did. "But than that means your wanted for dishonoring princess Luna!" Tears soon took her eyes back over. "Thats means your wanted dead or alive." The crying made that last part hard to hear.

"They are going to get me that way to. Don't worry bout lil old me missy. So dry them tears so you can give me a hug before I go." She just kept crying harder, I knew she had something for me but she wasn't into stallions. It was more of a really close friend thing.

"I'll do you one better Banjo." Her soft hands grabed the side of my cold wet helment and I was soon pulled into a kiss only known in dreams. The passion I never felt before in my 24 years of living. I soon reterned the already deep kiss as my damp hands were on her warm cheeks.

"He's over there!" A stallion hollerd breaking the long kiss. Right behind him was the 'Last Resort'.

"Redheart please be safe." She couldn't respond before I was out the open window I came into. I could see canterlot's lights only 5 minutes away at train speed but I can't go faster eather.

----------
Five minutes of hard cold rain and darkness.

Now i'm flying over canterlot with thunder beating the air and lightning bolts turned a easy flight into dodge ball. The large white castle was right in front of me. "Ok can't go through the front gate the'll see that coming. Lets bring back my favorite way to enter a place!" I took off my chest plate letting the rain fall onto my dirty blood stained fur. I have been flying around the massive building trying to find the. "There's that big ass room." I got close to one of the large stained windows looking in I could see Celestia, Luna, and a hand full of guards of both kinds but staying on there on side of the room. The two sisters were haven small talk that I had no clue on. But I can't wait to see the looks on there face when I come in there.

I was a good three feet from the window just hovering thinking on how to do this. 'The guards will be in shock just like the others but will recover quickly. I was kinda thinking of old times and show up as there so called dead pony. No armor just my bow and sword on me.' This was my plan. I threw all my armor through the large window shadering on contact. I had to wait though let there mind wounder what the hell is there luner armor in hear.

"WHOS THERE?" One of the winged royal guards came close to the open window which I was under. When he poked his head out just far enough I grabbed him by the helment and punching him knocking him out instantly. I threw his limp body back into the window and heard the gasps of every one in the room.

'I think I have played with them long enough.' I flew into the window just to get the welcoming I wanted.

"Death everypony thought you was dead?" Celestia's face was worth only having my torn, bloody, soked, muddy camo pants on with my weapons.

"I was dead. But how does it feel when you see my pale wings Celestia? Does it bring fear into your foolish soul? You can not kill what is already dead. Go ask Chrysalis, the Last Resort, and the whole changling army! They tried and failed! So I ask you again, what do you feel when you see a dead pony in front of you?"

"PRINCESS CELESTIA BANJO MOON IS ALIVE AND........" A flash of purple popped right in front of me. Once the light was gone it left nun other than Miss Sparkle with my pale fur hand over her mouth and my sword on her neck.

"Now do you care only for your self or are you going to convence me why you want me dead." I have not even made eye contact with the one I loved. I could only imagin what was going trough her head.

"You betraid your princess Luna thats why."

"Bullshit tell me the truth or i'll be doing the bug bitch a favor after bashing in her face."

"You hurt my sister dearly thats why. When you left everypony thought you was dead. So I wanted you found, it just so happen you was running a illegal stil."

"But my princess." Looking at Luna for the first time in for ever her beautiful blue eyes wear coverd by her night blue fur hands. "You just visited me in my dreams not to long ago."

"What do you mean?" Her voice was filled with sobbing. "I haven't seen you since you was put out to help the chrystal kingdom!" She was full blown crying now.

"Twighlight do forgive me for wanting to hurt you." I pushed the purple alicorn away from me. I had tears coming into my eyes.

"Banjo it was all a miss understanding but you are going to be put underarrest." The mother like voice from Celestia did every thing but make me happy or calm. Two of her royal guards started to walk towards me.

"Do you two know why your princess calls me death?" The two guards didn't do nothing but get closer. "My princess could you inform these two Bucktards whats going to happen." Celestia was opening her mouth to talk, but I cut her off. "I would never call you my princess, your even lucky I call you Celestia." The two guards just got *that* much more angry over that and kept getting closer.

"Stop at once you two!" I have completly forgot about Twighlight was here. "He is know to his enemys as death on pale wings. The reason for this is because he had nothing to live for. His family was killed off due to moonshinning and being luner guards. So this means he would go past enemy lines and kill every thing that moved, thats why he was trained as a LUNER guard. So I would not recommend touching him." She was still wearing what she had on from earlyer today.

"Thank you. My princess you know I would not want to do anything to hurt you in any way. Prin... No Luna I love you, I don't know if you feel the same but all the time I spent serving next to you was just making me fall for one that I know could not love one who killed many innocent creatures. To listen to my foes scream under my blade was every thing I knew. Until they put me by your side than killing was only a set back for me. Luna please do forgive me for failling at my duties and now as a solid plege I lay down my sword." The steel sword fell to the marble floor with little noise. "But I will never surinder to your sister though. If any thing I want my fellow brothers to restrain me and put me where ever you see is pleasing." I fell to my knees with my head hung low and my wrists in the air.

"Banjo I never thought you felt that way. For thy has too fallen for you. You are right it is hard to care for somepony that kills for nothing, but you killed for me. Your princess, there is no amount of loyalty to be counted. Rainbow Dash is the element of loyalty but you show more."

I stood up rather pissed after hearing this. It all clicked to me. "What was I known as in training Luna?" I was putting on my armor starting from the bottom and working my way up to the helment.

"What?" Celestia was confused as hell. "I thought you said you lay your sword down as a oath?"

I drew a arrow from my qwiver and pulled back the bow pointing right at Luna's head. "You are right Celestia. But this would be 367 not counting your so called guards." I let the black string slide past my fingers as the steel tri point tipped arrow went right through Luna's right green eye. "I told you it was for your safty young changling." Twighlight was crying while Celestia was in shock. But I did not let that slow me down I drew my sword from my hip and shoved it into the closest royal guard. Now all the once royal and luner guards were all black bugs in there gold and purple armor. I threw the bleeding body towards the other changlings and flaired out my wings. "I am, death on pale wings. I server for the New Luner Republic and you all will die in the name of princess Luna." It all sounded like a prayer that I knew by heart for this was true. Even though it was a failed project I still served it with pride.

"NLR is a myth foolish pony. Theres 23 of us to just 1 of you." One in the high ranking royal armor hissed with a smile.

"Thats where you are wrong my foe. I killed 3 of you all ready." Now a sly smile was on my face.

"No its only at 2 you lier!"

"Wrong cause you are all dead before this even begain silly changlings." To the side of the thrown room I could see a solid steel banjo leaning on its stand. "Look i'll even take it easy on ya'll" I threw the sword on the ground and made my way to the metal banjo.

"HA A BANJO!" All of the changlings fell to the ground laughing at my move. "You are truly stupid!"

"Hear just cause i'm in a good mood i'll even take off my armor for ya'll" My country accent was filling the once hard tone. Now only wearing my purple steel helment and my bloody pants I turned showing my cutie mark to them. It was rather a diffrent mark than what is to be thought. It was the banjo on the moonshine bottle but the closer I looked blood coverd the bottom of the country instrament. "Are ya'll ready." Tapping the banjo in my left hand like a bat smilling madly.

"Lets get this over with boys so we can get back to the hive. CHARGE!"

My wings flaired out once more before the smell of blood filled the air.

Author's Note:

This was a fun chapter! So whats going to happen next? I have no clue, I write a chapter once a day and release it after a couple times of self reading.

As always thanks for reading Mares and Gentilcolts! If any questions or just wana talk comment or PM me.