• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 490 Views, 2 Comments

Proof within the moon. - New Lunar



A lone moonshinner making a living off of well moonshine, but not every one agrees with the way he makes his bits or his history.

  • ...
2
 2
 490

Messing with loved ones

It was a slow flight, Scoots fell asleep on my back snoring lightly. I couldn't help but smile, for once I have something to call mine. "So this is what a father feels like." My smile got bigger. "I hope this feeling never leaves." There was no pony I would let take this filly from me. By hell ain't no pony taking me from this filly eather. "Scoots I'll never leave you, but I will give my life for you young'n." Even though she could not hear me it still felt good to tell her.

"I know you would Banjo." I felt a tear enter my eye, but this tear was diffrent from any tear I've ever shed. It wasn't from pain, sadness, or even anger. It was pure happiness.

"Scootaloo have you ever cried becuase your truly happy?" She looked down at me with her pretty purple eyes.

"Yea I have. Has Rainbow Dash ever cried?" I blinked the tear away while chuckling.

"Even the most awsome pony like RD has to cry Scoots."

"Huh." She must have got cold cause she had my large coat on.

"Don't worry we are almost there Scoots." My smile never faded.

The rest of the flight was just looking at the night life of Ponyville. Nothing was really said between us, but we where close to our stop anyways.

"Lets see if Rainbow is home, what do you think." I looked up to see that the filly was asleep. I landed on the cloud porch of the floatting house. I sat the sword down and carried the sleeping filly in my arms trying not to wake her. The livingroom was just white cloud with a cloud couch in the middle. "Night Scoots." I layed her on the couch and kissed her fore head while tucking her in with my coat.

The night sky was beautiful like all of Luna's nights. Sitting on the porch with my legs hanging off the edge looking over my old home. I could hear howls in the dark forest making me sigh. The sword that sat in my lap was sharp and heavy. The brownish sword was beatuiful, I used to help back in the battles with the blacksmith when I wasn't killing. He was good at what he did.

----------
Flash back of some battle.

"BANJO!" A mare in elite luner armor screamed at me before falling with a arrow in her head.

"NO! MIST!" I grabbed the body only to see it was to late. Tears filled my face while hugging the body. I looked at my saroundings, the smell of rotten flesh filled the air mixing with smoke. The smell was sickining. The night sky had black griffins fighting with my fellow brothers, bodys were falling every where. "What the hell is going on?!" I looked around to see on pony that was breathing. I looked down to see that I had my armor back but coverd with blood and holes. The closer I looked I saw a good five arrows in my chest. "W-what?" My heart started to race, my breathing getting heavy. "H-How am I still alive?!" The blood flowing out of my armor got faster.

"CALM DOWN!" I could not see the source of the voice before I blacked out.

--------

"Sweet Luna why does this always happen." I sat the sword down and rubbed my tired eyes. I laided back on the cloud putting my hat over my eyes. "Sleep do what ya gota do." Soon sleep took over.

---------
Dream realm.

I could see nothing, every thing was black. "Now what the hell. Can't even get light in MY dreams!"

"Banjo." The voice came from every where.

"Who wants to know?"

"I know its you."

"See ya slacked on thy olden language." It was like I was standing under a spot light.

"Yes I have." Luna stepped under the light with me.

"So are you the real one?" She turned her right arm to show a cresent moon over some black mist on her dark blue fur. "Still don't know who I am do you." She only shook her head. "Well damn. So how can I help the princess of the moon on this fine night."

"I only wanted to get to know you again Banjo. From what my sister said your family was killed by there request."

"From what my father told me, yes." I held a stern face.

"That is a shame. They served with great pride."

"I know. So did I until I abanded my post." I tilted my hat back so I could see her face more. She wore simple blue jeans and a plain T-shirt.

"What was the reason for that? Reports said you was one of the best out there." I only chuckled at her.

"Cause I was the only one out there. I was at my peak by myself. So thats why I left, plus I was done with my job."

"Banjo I can see why I did care for you. You saw something that others didn't. You was young when you took your first life. But you have the will to change you just don't know it." Her eyes where pleeding to me.

"Luna I have no will to change. Just a reason not to kill right now."

"I know and Scoot-a-loo has a loving pony in her life now and you will do anything for her. Trust me Banjo before I came here I visited her."

"Well good but I must go now Luna if you want to talk I'll be in Ponyville. Just ask for the wird stallion." I chuckled as I ended my dream leaving Luna clueless.

----------
Real world.

I opened my eyes to be meet with darkness. "What the? Oh thats right." I removed the dark hat to be meet with the early sun. "Bet even the Apples arn't even up yet." I streched to hear alot of popping from all my joints.

"Glad to see your up. Thats pretty cool what you are doing for Scoots and me." I layed on my back to look at the Rainbow mare in short hoof ball shorts and a tight shirt that only coverd her chest.

"Well ain't we not scared to show our body off this morning." I was only meet with rolling eyes. "You got anything planed for today?"

"Only doing my job than I'm free for the rest of the day." She took a sip from her coffie mug.

"Can I ask a question."

"Go for it."

"Ya'll ain't still in heat are you?" All she did was walk into the house and flicked her tail to me answering my question. "You just couldn't tell me?!" All she did was laugh in the house. "I'm coming in there t...." She cut me off.

"To buck me?!" She looked around the corner with joy on her face.

"NO! Plus Scootaloo is asleep." Her face went limp.

"Awwww! Please. We can leave the house." She turned her back to me flapping her wings sending her sint right in my face.

"... No Rainbow, now stop it." Her wings drooped while she went into the kitchen. "I don't know how much more I could have took." I stepped back onto the porch looking at the sun raise thinking to my self. 'Celestia you have the right to live for now.'

"Banjo can you take me to school?" I took my gaze off the sun to meet with dark purple eyes. Some how she was in the ripped jeans and shirt as yesterday.

"Sure. Just let me get my coat." I bent down picking the hat up and putting it on my head.

"Here." I turned around to be met with my brown coat to my face.

"Thanks." I slipped it on putting the small filly on my back. "Scoots how come you don't fly to school." Not able to see her, but I could hear her sigh.

"I don't know how." I felt like a dick now.

"Oh... Sorry hun."

"Its ok." I leaped of the cloud spreading out my wings.

"Is Big Mac's mare-friend your teacher?" She giggled.

"Yea. But they say they don't go out."

"Yea they can say what they want but we know the truth." We both laughed and made fun of the apple farmer and the teacher for a while. Soon my sight begain to blur.

---------------
Flash back while flying.

I blinked and I was flying with the 656th squad of the NLR over 10,000 feet in the air. There was only 4 of us counting me, all had on high ranking elite luner armor. It just so happend I was the only stallion. From what I saw I was the youngest by alot in the group. "Banjo! Do you know the plan?" I looked with conserned eyes.

"Fill me in real fast I must have blanked out." One of the mares only face palmed.

"Look we are basicly on a suicied mission to aid Celestia's bitches. The griffins are higher trained so they picked us to take care of them. And yes we are doing it in the day so good luck and kill any griffin. YOUNG or OLD! No prisoners."

"YES MA'AM!" Soon I could see griffins coming in sight far below us.

"Alright girls good luck. Banjo be careful." The leader of our group flew next to me. "Please be careful." She kissed me on the lips before diving.

"W-what?" Before I knew it I was fighting griffins on all sides of me. It must have been five minutes before I was finally shot down. The arrow that went into the base of my chest was well aimed with great power behind it. The free fall of about a couple thousand feet was fearful, but never stopped fighting griffins in my free fall of death.

"BANJO!" I looked to my right to see the same mare flying to me.

"NO THERE EVERY WHERE!" A arrow struck me in the center of my chest. "Please don't!" More arrows came towards us yet another got me in the chest.

"ARE YOU OK!?" She caught me in her arms. "BANJO!" I looked in her brown eyes and it sent me waves of happieness.

"I'm fine now." I smiled at her only to see a griffin readying his bow. "NO!" I jumped out of her arms catching yet another arrow in the chest. I was sent falling once more. "Sweet LUNA!" I was stopped from falling from the same mare.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!?" She just screamed at me but all I could do was smile.

"Only for you babe." I leaned in to kiss her before we started falling. "Are you ok?" I looked into her pain filled eyes. "MIST!" I wrapped my arms around her opening my wings from us lossing any more altattued. When we got less than five feet from the ground I flipped on my back letting me take all of the landing. Once we stopped I laid her down ignoring the blood from my chest. "MIST! ARE YOU OK?" She opened her eyes looking at me.

"I'm fine." She smiled at me making me feel better. From my kneld position a arrow hit my chest next to the others. Her brown eyes went wide. "BANJO!" I didn't move but when she got to her knees letting a arrow entered her head.

"NO! MIST!" I grabbed her body tears filling my eyes. Every thing went blurry.

------------
Real time.

"BANJO!" I opened my eyes to see I was on my knees with Scootaloo in my arms knocked out. "Banjo!"

"SCOOTS!" I looked at her crying. "SCOOTS!"

"BANJO!" I looked behind me to see Twilight with tear filled eyes.

"WHAT HAPPEND!?" I was pissed but I didn't mean to yell at her. Twighlight backed up some.

"You killed them."

"W-what?" I looked at what she was pointing at and my heart dropped. "Ch-changlings?" The changlings looked like the group of stallions that always wanted to fight me.

"They tried to take Scootaloo but you just killed them." Rainbow said while running up taking Scootaloo from me.

"I-I need to go." I took off flying stright for my sword.

"EVERY GOD WILL FEAR ME NOW!"

Author's Note:

Well here it is, still not knowing when to stop. But when I do I already have another story on reserve.

As always thanks of reading Mares and Gentlecolts. If any ideas, questions, or comments give me a PM or leave your words below!