• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 1,662 Views, 67 Comments

The Lich of the Scourge - cellum95



Kel'Thuzad must found a way to go back home!

  • ...
10
 67
 1,662

Chapter 7: The Scourge

As soon as the portals opens, beings not from Equestria like Kel'Thuzad comes out and one of them shouted:

"Onward for the Scourge! Save Kel'Thuzad in Arthas' name!"

"Who the-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he and his colleagues are fighting the corrupted Twilight. After blows after blows, she said:

"I will return, and dark the land forever!" Twilight said in evil pride

She then turned into a black mist and then was dispersed, with the Mane 6(minus Applejack and Twilight) and Princess Cadence and Shining Armor saw in horror. Then they heard a conversation:

"I'm grateful of your assistance, mighty one. Who are you?"

"No heed for the grateful tone, lich, I am Anub'arak, ancient king of Azjol-Nerub. I was sent by the Lich King Arthas to know your disappearance, with the help of his forces, and when of your necromancer's talk about you going into that mountain, we search it and found the portal. Obviously, it actually transported us here."

"-Laugh- I was loyal to Arthas, and paid me back with this. I'm grateful about it."

"No heed for it, lich. Now, what are these.....horses are?"

"They are called ponies, Anub'arak. They are the one who transported me here when I investigated the portal itself."

"Interesting. Suffice to say, do they have names? Or they have named by you?"

"They're talking ponies Anub'arak. Obviously, they have their names."

"Hm...I want to know their names Kel'Thuzad. Can I know their names?"

"Before that, I would like to know there were 8 of them. But one them, Twilight Sparkle, a lavender colored pony, has become evil. She said she will darken the land, much as the Scourge would do. Here, meet them." Kel'Thuzad pointed out at the remaining 7 ponies. One of them, a pink colored one, introduces herself and said:

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie. I heard that your name was Anub something."

"Let me reassure your memories young one. My name is Anub'arak."

"Ok Anub'arak!"

Next one was the grey colored one.

"Hello. My name is Rarity, a fashion designer of Ponyville. I must say, darling, you are a big one."

Anub'arak just nodded and moved to a yellow colored pony. She was typically, as Anub'arak saw it, as shy.

"Who are you, young one?"

"I'm.....Fluttershy."

"That fits for your personality, young one."

He then moves towards the cyan colored pegasus.

"Who are you?"

"Who are you then?!"

"Perhaps you aren't listening. Here: I'm Anub'arak, ancient king of Azjol-Nerub."

The pegasus widened in realization, as she was talking with royalty.

"Sorry. By the way, I'm Rainbow Dash. Greatest flyer of Equestria!"

"Nice to meet you. By the way, who is that orange colored one over there?"

"That's Applejack. She was knocked out cold by Twilight."

"I'm sorry for that one."

"That's ok. By the way, are you going to save Kel'Thuzad?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yes. However, because your friend there becomes inexplicably evil, we will help you to restore your friend. But it needs a powerful incantation to restore her."

"I think we have that incantation." a voice said.

They turned their heads around and saw none other than Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna.

"Princess Celestia and Luna!" the ponies yelled in joy. The undead were in mere surprise to hear the voice of royalty.

"Hello, beings. I'm Princess Celestia, co-ruler of Equestria with my sister, Luna."

Kel'Thuzad steps forward, with Luna shivering in fear of the being.

"Hello. I'm Kel'Thuzad, personal servant of King Arthas and the Scourge, and the summoner."

"And I'm Anub'arak, ancient king of Azjol-Nerub." another being stepped forward and said. The princess were stunned by the names, but continued on anyway.

"I heard that my personal student, Twilight Sparkle, has become evil?" Celestia asked.

"Suffice to say, yes." Kel'Thuzad replied. Celestia had the feeling of guilt.

"The only thing that could heal her is a powerful incantation from a powerful being. However, this magic could be attained by highly skilled magicians, necromancers, sorcerers and sorceress'." Anub'arak added.

"We got the Elements of Harmony. Should that work?"

"No. She possess dark magic, and another dark magic would heal her. I'm a magic user of darkness, but 2 others would be useful as well." Kel'Thuzad pointed out.

"So only dark magic would heal my student?" Celestia asked uncertain.

"I believe so, yes." Kel'Thuzad said. The ponies are now hit like a brick wall, and bowed their heads in grief, Fluttershy in particular. But unknown to them, including Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak, she has someone in her mind, ready to take any price just to save Twilight.

Author's Note:

Chapter 7 is out! Another half-long chapter. Chapter 8: Death Knight Fluttershy, will be out in a few days prior.