• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 1,662 Views, 67 Comments

The Lich of the Scourge - cellum95



Kel'Thuzad must found a way to go back home!

  • ...
10
 67
 1,662

Chapter 10: Travel and Practice

The day was finally anticipated. The day that Twilight will be freed from evil plight. The Mane 6, Shining Armor and the Princesses all gear up to travel where Twilight would be hiding. After hours of preparations, the ponies meet Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak.

"Is everyone ready for the journey?" Kel'Thuzad asked. The ponies looked at each other, and at themselves, before answering:

"YES!"

"Well then, let's get moving."

"Wait, before we go, shouldn't we find Twilight first?" Princess Celestia asked.

"-Laugh- I could already sense her. Let me just do this first...." Kel'Thuzad raises both of his hands and soon, a portal was introduced.

"Let's enter the portal, and save your precious student, Celestia." Anub'arak said.

"Agreed. Well, here goes nothing." The ponies, Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak stepped into the portal. They were then transported into a land of west of the Crystal Empire, which is freezing cold for the ponies, but not for Flutterknight, Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak. Then, one of their necromancer's spoke:

"Kel'Thuzad, this land is full of resources. We should try to establish a base first."

"Alright then." Kel'Thuzad replied. The acolytes then begin establishing a base for their rescue attempt. While it was done, the ponies then look upon to Flutterknight, who was staring back at them.

"Uhm....What's the problem?" It was the first time Flutterknight uses her normal voice.

"Well, we know that Kel'Thuzad tells us that you are a death knight, having powerful magic levels. Could you show us?" Celestia asked.

"Well, in truth, I could only know how to use my sword. I don't know any magics." Flutterknight replied.

"I could teach you." Kel'Thuzad said.

"How? What magic could I use?" Flutterknight asked in curiosity.

"Different kinds of dark magic. First off, I would teach you the basics before the complicated ones."

"O..Okay. What's the first?" Flutterknight eagerly asked.

"The first and simple one is that you could shoot dark orbs at your opponents. This means you would raise your hands, or hooves, point it at your designated target, concentrate on that particular hoof, and fire the orb. Ready for the testing?"

"I think so." After replying, Flutterknight raises her hoof on a tree, and concentrate on her dark magic. A dark orb begins to form, and when it was fully formed, she releases it from her hoof. Moments later, the tree was hit, and withered away seconds later, and what was left was the bark.

"Oh my." She exclaimed in great awe. The other ponies were also in shock, while Kel'Thuzad and Anub'arak smiled with satisfaction on her.

"Well done, young death knight. Now, do you want to learn more?" Kel'Thuzad asked.

"Ready as I ever be." she replied in determination.

"Now, the second one is that you would need your sword. This particular one could kill a living thing in seconds, and could be use back as a magic enhancement on your sword."

"Hold on! So what your saying that this second spell would suck the life of a living thing and use as a magic enhancement or armor on Fluttershy's sword?" Cadence asked.

"Certainly. This spell is preferable when needed." Kel'Thuzad replied. "Now, begin the training?"

"Absolutely." Flutterknight said. She then raises her sword on one of the trees, and suddenly, an aura of black began to emerge from the tree and move to the sword of Flutterknight. The tree then withered, leaving the aura glowing on Flutterknight's ice sword. She asked for more spells to be taught to her, and Kel'Thuzad agreed. For 10 days, she practices some of the magic a death knight could have, including raising the dead, control the living dead with mind alone, and a few other stuff. Finally, the training of Flutterknight is finished, and the group began to travel again. For 7 days, they march to save Twilight, encountering some dangers, but was instantly repelled. Finally, they reach a cave, and a voice said:

"Welcome my old friends. Time for your instant death from this cave, once and for all!"

Author's Note:

Chapter 10 is out! I will be making Chapter 11: The Confrontation and End, and Chapter 12: Goodbyes after the publishing of Chapter 11.