• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 1,096 Views, 58 Comments

The Terror's Dream - GrouchoMarxDisciple



Found on the desk of MeesterBob. Appears to have been written by someone completely insane.

  • ...
4
 58
 1,096

Entry 6

I'm frightened.

Somepony was in my room last night. I felt it.

IT was there.

I'm drawing close to Ponyville, but...

I'm afraid to come any closer.

I found a note on my bedstand last night. The hotel claims to be a safe place, but now I know better. Someone infiltrated my room, and left a cryptic note. I have included it in my journal. Here it is.

For the time being, this is being treated as a prank. I have been too afraid to think anything else.

My dreams have been troubled. I woke in a cold sweat this morning, frightened of whatever I saw in the night. The most interesting thing is that I have no recollection of stopping at this hotel, or even this town. I don't remember going to sleep or what I dreamed.

Something was chasing me, though. I know that.

I need to pull myself together. I was probably so weary from my travels that I was half asleep. In fact, that's definitely what happened. I will take a day off from my work to recuperate, and then continue in Ponyville.

Rereading that last bit, I almost sound like the Wizard. How silly of me.

According to my new "wand", the magic level is rising steadily the nearer I get. I will find the truth soon. I must. There is so much I could do with this knowledge. Imagine how much the world could be helped.

Celestia is a fool. They are all fools. They are like the ancients, who scoffed at science and stood in the way of discovery. We are not like them. We are smart. We will not rest until we have wisdom. We are stout of heart, and nothing in this world or beyond will stop us.

We will go to Ponyville, and together we will find the source of magic. What we do then, that's a story for another time.

I shall take a rest here today, and write again tomorrow.

Author's Note:

a