• Published 27th Sep 2013
  • 1,692 Views, 25 Comments

Heart Of Darkness - Fanskapet



Twilight murdered and resurrected

  • ...
3
 25
 1,692

Chapter 7 Knowledge


"You called?" Snaggletooth entered after a few minutes of waiting, with an exaggerated bow, with the never ending grin of his.

"Yes, we require atleast... 2 litres of blood." Meri looked at the goblin in disgust, turning her head away from him and saying her demands.

"Any special sort?" he continued without raising himself from his bow.

"Equine, what else?"

"Sorry, no my dear, only wolf and smaller animals." Snaggletooth held up his hands and gave a shrug in answer.

"Very well, wolf it is, unless you want something else?" Meri said, looking over at Dusk.

"Me? w-well I haven't had anything but wolf, so I guess I continue with it." Dusk shrugged.

"Good, then 2 litres of wolf blood it is then and be quick about it."

"At once." He gave one last low bow before backing out of the room.

"Well we might aswell continue." meri said after shutting the door behind the goblin.

"Now take a seat and we will continue with your questions." Meri motioned a hoof towards a pair of rickety old chairs standing in the room.

"Okay uhm clans, wich clan do I belong to?" Dusk questioned after taking a seat.

"Hmm that is a good question, you got the characteristic so called bat wings of the Nightwing clan, yet you have a horn which their kin does not have." She walked over to drag a hoof over Dusks batwings, tracing the long thin bones making up the frames of her wings, before pointing her hoof to Dusks horn, cocking her head slightly to the side as she saw Dusks eyes space out for a moment.
"I see on your face you remember something about batwings, true?"

"I- yes yes I remember something, princess Luna got such guards right?" Dusk nodded.

"Ehm no, but I can see how you would get them confused, princess Lunas guards are actually descendants of dark magics infused on captured pegasi guards over almost one or two thousands years ago, by the now twice defeated king of the crystal empire, Sombra." Meri leaning back in her chair, looking up at the ceiling creating an illusory scene in the air, depicting the horrific events.
"Atleast that is what the old stories of the Nocturnals say."

"Oh....but what are the Nocturnals?" Dusk swallowed unable to keep her eyes from the horrific scene of tortured pegasi unfolding above her.

"Batponies of Luna to be blunt." Meri shrugged, sighing as she dispelled the illusion
"But now you got me to give you another history lesson, though it brings me back to older days, I am here to teach you about your eternal life and that is what i will do."

"Still you seem to like it." Dusk smiled, glad to have the illusion dispelled.

"Who doesnt like old histories?" Meri replied, smiling behind her mask.
"Well anyway back to the subject, I am unable to place you in any particular clan, so I cannot say for certain what you may have inherited but I may give you the basics *hrm* as a vampony you will need to feed atleast once a day or you may enter a state that we call bloodrage, a terrible state where you might loose complete control and violently attack and suck any living being too close dry."

"Wait if we vampires must feed once a day, then why did I not attack Scourge when I woke up?"

Meri cocking her head to the side looking at her,
"Really? how long were you in your ...comatosed state?"

"I uh i'm not sure but my throat was sore and I could barely move." Touching her throat as she thought back.

"But you felt no rage or thirst?"

"No, just confusion and weakness."

"hmm I have no answer to that, but well, don't ever starve yourself, ever."

"Now let me get back on track .... lets see.....clans... blood...thirst... ah yes weaknesses, like all living creatures we keep away from fire, but for vampires it disrupts our accelerated regeneration." Meri shuddered for a moment, like she just remembered something.
"And if that isn't enough we burn like if we were made out of dry hay."

"So avoid fire when I can."

"yes. good you are a quick learner."

"Oh and another thing, don't ever hunt in another clans territory, it will only end badly to steal anothers food." Meri shook her head.

"Hunting? like rats and birds?"

"Don't try and act ignorant, you know what I am talking about."

"I kinda hoped you would not mean ponies."

"I think I can remember that feeling, even though it was so long ago." Meri said shaking her head and smiling at her young student.
"Don't worry you will learn to like it soon enough..... now where is that damn goblin?!"

"At the door currently." Snaggletooth said, closing the door, causing them both to jump in surprise and turn towards the door, seeing him carrying a tray with 4 plastic blood bags on it and grinning at them both.

Author's Note:

well look at that a fucking chapter my god I just cant write good lately.
well anyway hope you like no idea when next chapter is out or even started