• Published 27th Sep 2013
  • 1,691 Views, 25 Comments

Heart Of Darkness - Fanskapet



Twilight murdered and resurrected

  • ...
3
 25
 1,691

Chapter 2 Disgust (Slightly Rewritten)

"Eh hehe you got me there, no really what was in the drink?" She gave him an unsure smile, which fell as she noticed he didn't say it as a joke.
"Y-you were joking right? right?"

"I never joke when it comes to my work." He snorted.

"S-so you actually made me drink blood?" She swallowed, staring wideeyed at the stranger.

"Yes." He gave a short nod, not breaking his eye contact with her.

"B-but I you unh ugh." Putting a hoof against her mouth as she begun to gag.

"I don't see the problem, it made you more healthy and stopped you from coughing and wheezing like me." He tilted his head slightly to the right, observing her reactions as he put his right hoof to his chest.

"B-bleh, but it is wrong ponies are not supposed to drink blood!" She spat, dragging her hoof over her tongue.

"....you really don't remember do you?" He coughed.

"Remember what?" She mumbled, raising an eyebrow as she used her blankett to wipe her tongue free from the lingering taste of blood.

".........."

"Uhm hello?" She let go of the blanket as she noticed him spacing out, turning her head to where he was staring, seeing nothing but darkness and the wall, scrunching up her face in confusion as she turned back to him, jumping a bit in surprise when he finally spoke.

"Hmm? ah apologies, just lost myself in thought for a moment." He shook his head and scratched his neck with his right hoof.

"What is it I don't remember?"

"Other than me?" He coughed.

"Yes."

He sighed as he stood up, walking back and forth before finally sitting down again next to the bed, conjuring a small green floating ball of light.
"..............hmmm very well, do you have any clues about who I am?"

"I-i'm sorry but I don't remember anything about you, should I?" Squinting at the sudden light trying to see the stallions face, only seeing what looked like some kind of white porceline like mask covering his face.
"Why are you wearing a mask?"

"So it seems you have forgotten everything about me too, guess it was a good choice to wear it now." He sighed, tapping the mask with his right hoof, emitting a soft *dink* sound from it.

"Y-you are disfigured aren't you?" She put a hoof to her mouth as she saw him nod, regretting she said it as soon as it left her lips.

"Good, now that is out of the way we can move to the next question, which is either who you are or why you have bat wings." He said as he stroked the top of her right wing with his hoof.

"N-no I actually wanted to know your name first." she stuttered using her hooves to tuck her wings away from his touch.

"Oh, very well my name is ...... I use the name Scourge"

"Use the name Scourge?" She repeated giving him a weird look.

"Yes, ponies at my kind of work is often using an incognito, for safety *cough"

"Are you some kind of criminal?"

"No, but we are often *cough* shall we say hated for our life choices."

"D-do I want to know what your life choice is?"

"You already did know it once, but let us save that question for later, it might be hard to comprehend completely because of your amnesia." He said ending it with a series of heavy coughs.

"I...guess that makes sense, but how do we know each other then?" She said, remembering a bit she read once about amnesia in an old book of medicine.

"..... we have been living togheter for a long time."

"Oh, oh so uhm you mean me and you?" She blushed a bit, motioning a hoof between them.

"No not like that, only a student/teacher kind of relation." He patted her softly on her shoulder.

"Teacher in-" She begun, only to flinch in surprise as somepony knocked on the door.

Scourge sighed as he walked over to the door, opening it and blocking her view of whoever it was who knocked.
"What is it?"
She leaned closer, doing her best to listen in on the figure by the door whispering.
"He's finally here? good, show him to the study, I will be joining him shortly."

"Apologies seems I am needed elsewhere, I do not know how long I will be gone so try get some sleep." He turned his head at her, giving her a short bow before walking out of the door, lighting his horn making the the balls of light disapear, wrapping the room again in darkness with the exception of a lone candle.

"W-wait what kind of teacher?" She reached out a hoof trying to stop him, sighing and letting it fall back on the bed as the door closed.

"Great alone and still no idea who I am."
Yawning as she stared at the ceiling.
"Maybe I should rest a bit, weird how much better everything felt when I drank that delicious blood, I would just love to have some-"

"No! no! don't think like that! just go to sleep sweet *Yawn* sweet sleep." She said to herself, closing her eyes and trying her best to fall asleep, tossing and turning trying to get comfortable for a few minutes, giving a tired sigh as she felt her stomach growl.

"Guess thats the end of that then, hope he's not gone much longer."
Rubbing her eyes and looking around the room, smiling a bit as her eyes fell upon the desk at the other end of the room, spotting an open book lying on it in the candlelight, biting her lip a bit contemplating if she should read it or not, loosing to her curiosity, giving the door a quick look before tossing off her blanket, reaching out her front hooves, getting ready to get out of the bed, only to stop as she got face to face with that lovely chalice on the nightstand, with just the most lovely smell coming from it, blinking in confusion as she didn't smell it before.

"M-maybe just a lick, that's all." She mumbled, taking the chalice in her hooves seeing a few drops of blood still at the bottom, holding out her tongue with a smile as she emptied the little left.

Author's Note:

yay chapter 2 man i was stuck on this chapter for long hope its atleast readable

im a bit torn which way to go from here the false batpony noble way or the regular bat pony way

oh and as always if you have any critisism and ideas how to improve this story please let me know