• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 2,994 Views, 167 Comments

Unfortunate Side Effects - DWhay



Twilight comes to terms with being an alicorn.

  • ...
24
 167
 2,994

Behind A Mask [ Mature Sexual Content Warning]

Twilight didn’t want to wake up. The voice in her head was chatting on about how much time she was wasting, sleeping. She wanted to make it stop. It kept going on and on about how she was using her immortality on nothing but sleeping and socializing. She groaned and shifted over on the pillows, hoping that she wouldn’t disturb Luna. She was trying to get some sort of ambient noise to drown out the drone of the voice, as it had been bothering her for over an hour. By a glance at the clock on the wall it was roughly three in the afternoon, the same as being woken at three in the morning. The voice was becoming more forceful, and more like hers by the second. She knew it was leading up to her Id, which at the time had no determinate name. She wished she could just name the other half of her, but for some reason or another it was taking it’s time coming up with a title.

“I told you to get up.” Her Id hissed, sounding like it was right next to her ear.

“And I told you to leave me alone. I’m tired. That means that you’re tired. Why don’t you like sleep? I’m sure you love it just as much as I do.” Twilight grumbled back. “We’re the same pony after all.”

“I will tell you one last time to get up; any further insubordination will result in punishment.”

Twilight’s only response was to yawn and draw the curtain on the bed tighter with her magic. She wasn’t prepared for what happened after that. She shot up straight in bed, then rolled over, covering her mouth in pain. Her entire head was filled with the worst sensation she’d ever felt, like an electric current was being run through her teeth. She clenched her jaw as her eyes watered, feeling like she’d just set her tongue to an eighteen-volt battery. She did her best not to show any signs it had hurt her, but it had rattled her more than she cared to admit. She could feel a nosebleed coming on, and her Id was humming with a cruel satisfaction as the sensation faded.

“Now get up.” It said, still glowing with sadistic joy at the back of her head. “And get dressed, I have a task for you. It’s for being a fool who thinks she can undermine my authority with a trinket.”

Twilight grudgingly sat up in bed, then moved to stand. She spread her wings as she did so, elongating her legs until her ankles gave a slight pop, signaling they could extend no further. She arched her back like a cat, putting her head all the way to the light blue carpet as she stretched herself as she did every morning, a habit she’d borrowed from Luna. It kept one from getting leg pains if done regularly, so she had decided that it was only appropriate to do as she did. As she stood up again, she looked around the room to see that everything was as it should have been, except her golden bracelet, the one that was supposed to protect her, was gone. On second thought she’d actually left it downstairs, on the writing desk. She hated herself for her lack of caution, but there was nothing she could to about it now.

The alicorn noticed that there was something else that was out of place about the bedroom. A single dress was picked out of the wardrobe on her side of the tower, one that she’d had for over four years, and had worn on every occasion of importance since she’d gotten it. It was purple, with a small mauve bow on the front chest, and a tight sash at the middle of the waist, just before leading down until it stopped at about halfway to her back knees. On the bottom of it were also thin bands of mauve, accompanied with light purple in a striped pattern. It had been a present form Cadence on her first day at Canterlot University, when she was sixteen. She remembered how her former caretaker had been so proud of her she nearly cried when she said goodbye that day.

“Why am I supposed to wear this?” Twilight asked, as if she didn’t already have a fair idea of what she was being asked to do.

“You’re going to visit Cadence.” Her Id explained. “That is all that I care to tell you. If you keep asking questions I will personally make sure that the taste of metal wire is burnt into your taste-buds for the rest of your life. Do nothing but what I tell you and don’t speak. Get dressed.”

“In front of you?” Twilight asked, uncomfortable at the prospect.

“I am you. I already well know what every portion of your body looks like because it’s the one you and me share a memory of growing up with. Again with the questions. One more time. Try me.”

Twilight pulled her dressing gown over her waist and stepped out of it, pulling her head through. She didn’t understand just what her darker half was up to, but she knew whatever it was it was going to lead her into another terrible scenario, like the isolation cell incident. Probably a lot like that terrible, nightmare-inducing trauma. She mad a mental note to not let herself be lured into an enclosed space, then picked up the dress with magic. She didn’t know why it had to be this one dress, but she wasn’t about to ask her other half again. She was making it very clear that she may well have a knife to her throat with how hostile her Id was being.

As soon as she had it on and was tying it into a neat mauve bow at the waist her Id spoke to her again. “You are going to go to Cadence’s suite in the royal quarters. I will supply you with directions on how to get there. Once you arrive I’ll give you further instructions.”


Twilight had never been to the Royal Quarters, but she was beginning to see that it was called Royal for a reason. Long purple and white banners were hung on the walls beside every door, which were spaced an obscene seven-hundred feet from each other. On every banner there was a house crest, which the studious mare could only speculate was the Cutie Mark of the family figurehead at the moment. She didn’t know much about how to get around there, as the hallways were dizzyingly large, not to mention confusing with all of the side-passages and one-way callbacks to previous parts of the castle. She had to rely heavily on the voice in her head, but eventually she found herself staring at an unreasonably large set of double-doors. There were banners on either side of the door, and she was at the far side of a hallway that she couldn’t see the end of. The banners held Cadence’s crest, a crystal heart.

Twilight didn’t need to be instructed on what to do next, even though she could tell that if she didn’t react her Id would have still barked commands at her. She reached up and pulled on the surprisingly light metal knocker, and let it fall three times. She waited for a minute, then tried again. She heard a sound like papers being put away, until a very confused-looking Cadence answered the door. Her mane was in its usual ponytail, pulled out of her face. She looked down at Twilight and her eyes lit up upon seeing her dress, surprised that her friend had kept it all these years. She took a moment to examine her guest a bit more before she cleared her throat and, in a slightly surprised voice, said to Twilight.

“This is a rather odd hour for you to be visiting, Twilight.” The alicorn said, almost like it was a question. “I thought that you only followed Luna’s schedule. Come on in, I’m more than welcome to make my home yours… if you don’t mind the mess.”

Cadence opened the doors to reveal that her entire coffee table was covered in papers, stacked in piles thirty deep, a pink-feather quill and an inkwell at one end. No wonder she had appeared so ragged. She had been doing all the paperwork that Luna had to put up with on a daily basis. Twilight watched her as she walked over to the table and began to move the piles with her magic, hoping she was making her home more hospitable for her guest. While the papers sorted themselves out she headed into another room, a kitchen that was open to the rest of the house. The carpet beneath their hooves was a rusty gold color, and the whole suite was in shades of brown and that same yellow-gold. It seemed that Cadence had wanted a more home-like atmosphere, and the kitchen had a light auburn tint to the polished stone tiles. It was all warm colors, but without the eye-straining white of Celestia’s sun chambers. Cadence walked out a few moments later with two cups of hot tea, setting them down on the coffee table as the last papers were being relocated to the writing desk over on the other side of the living room.

Twilight made herself comfortable by sitting down as she felt a sudden urge to lock the door behind her. She did so, without really knowing why. It wasn’t anything she did normally. She decided it must have been a nervous tic from ending up in too many bad situations. Cadence sat down on the couch across from her, taking a sip of her tea before setting it down. She smiled at Twilight, who, despite the circumstances, returned the gesture sincerely. She was glad to see her old foalsitter, even if the reason she was there was possibly subterfuge.

“So what brings you here at this time of the day?” Cadence asked, habitually holding a pillow from the couch to her midsection. She didn’t seem aware that she was holding the pillow even though it was pressed to her chest. “Was there something that you wanted to talk about?”

“No…” Twilight said, hoping that her lies weren’t too plain. “I came here to see you about Celestia. Are you aware that she’s… not right? And the pony that you usually see isn’t really her, but the other part of her?”

“I’m well aware, Twilight.” Cadence said, sighing. “I’ve lived as her daughter for a hundred and –ninety-three years. She lets herself become that way, it’s how she rules Equestria as well as she does. She felt like she wasn’t good enough, so she handed over control to somepony that was. She tried to be the mare that everypony would love and respect as a princess. But she went too far, trusting her dark side. The moment she gave it control she ceased to have free will. She treats it as the sacrifice she makes for the continued prosperity of her country. It’s sad to see that she doesn’t rebel against her inner demons, since she has Luna and me to help her now. But so far I haven’t seen horn or tail of her real self.”

“That’s… sad.” Twilight said, hoping to switch the subject. “So how…” She began, trying desperately to think of something.

From the back of her head she heard a whisper from her Id, reminding her of why she was there. “Ask her about her own Id. I want to know.”

“So Cadence, since everypony other alicorn that I know has a dark side, what’s yours like?” Twilight asked hoping that her genuinely curious tone would win her a response.

Cadence shifted uncomfortably on the couch, looking at her tea. “I don’t think that it’d be all that wise to mention her, Twilight. She’s not very… stable. She gets very upset when I give out information about her.”

“I was just wondering because I think I might have my own…” Twilight said, rubbing her upper arm nervously. “She’s very smart, just like me, but she is rather… self-destructive.”

“Oh.” The older alicorn replied, picking up her tea and taking another sip. Once she set it down she continued. “I think, then, it would be okay if I shared a general of my, erm, darker side. She’s like me, almost, except that unlike me, she’s purposefully unreliable. Any promise I make to anypony she’ll try to break, no matter how sincere or important it is that I keep the vow. It’s like she tries to make me look bad. Then there’s this awful thing she does where she will make me think about the most vulgar things… once I remember getting a massage at the Ponyville Spa, and she suddenly threw the thought out to grab Aloe and pull her onto the table on top of me! She’s a brute, and doesn’t have a speck of courtesy. I hope that she never gets out again, because I have no idea what would happen between me and Shining Armor.”

“Oh… well, I’ve also been having some nightmares recently, about my Id. She’s been telling me to use magic to do… terrible things. It’s like she’s telling me to use everything I learned from Celestia and you to make others unhappy. And she’s been giving me these gross thoughts, too. She told me that it would be a good idea to… this is awkward to say in front of you…”

“If you don’t feel comfortable, I won’t make you say anything.” Cadence said, holding her hooves up. She looked interested, though. “I’d actually prefer not to hear it, since I can hardly afford to antagonize mine at the moment. She’s been dying to get out ever since the wedding. While I was in those catacombs under the castle I saw some things and learned spells that don’t have any place being used in a civilized world. Sometimes I think that it would be better if I forgot them, but whenever I try my other half decides to take the memories off me so that I can’t get to them to forget them. It’s quite infuriating.”

Twilight heard another whisper in her ear, but this time it wasn’t the general command to ask a question. “Ask her for a tour of her house.”

“Can I have a tour of your house?” Twilight asked in an innocent voice, looking around. “I saw that yours is the only one for a long way, so you must have a lot of things around here worth showing. I remember when I first saw Celestia’s tower, and it was amazing.”

“Oh, I don’t know, Twilight.” Cadence said, flattered that Twilight had indirectly commented her home by comparing it to her mother’s. “It’s rather large, and I’m sure most of the rooms would bore you. For the most part it’s guest rooms, since we host holidays here for Shining Armor’s friends.”

“I was just curious, since every alicorn’s suite so far has been better than anywhere I’ve ever been in my life.” Twilight sighed, doing her best to act let down.

Cadence looked around before smiling and shrugging her shoulders. “Fine, I’ll give you a tour of the house. Just make sure you put everything back. You know how your brother can be when you move his stuff around, he’s very obsessive about things being just so.”

With that the two set out to explore the mansion that was built onto the end of the castle, walking through the living room and into a large foyer, two staircases leading upwards to a second floor and a single pair of wooden double-doors leading to the rest of the ground floor. Cadence decided that it would be best to show her the ground-floor first, since climbing up stairs was a hassle she wanted to save for later. As she opened the double doors the first thing Twilight noticed was the hallway. There were three ways to go in the hall, right, left, and to the center. To her left was the staircase that led to what she assumed was the basement level of the mansion. To her left was what appeared to be a laundry-room and across from that, with the door tightly shut, a bathroom. The actual floor in the hall was wood, but a red carpet cushioned their hooves on the hard floor. To the center were four doors, with one at the very end.

Cadence led her former pupil to see the first room on the left, walking past many paintings of her past family, as well as a picture of her and Shining Armor on her wedding day. There were a few vases with stands in the hall as they passed, with bright purple lilacs growing from them. When the older alicorn opened the door to the room Twilight immediately lost interest. It was little more than a dining hall, an extremely long table with candelabra and a few plates scattered about, with a fireplace to warm the area in the winter. Once she was done with that, the two went across the hall to find one of the most amazing libraries she’d ever laid her eyes on, aside of course from the Canterlot Archives, to which there was no contest.


Twilight could hardly feel her legs by the time she was taken upstairs to the second floor, having been made to peruse the shelves of the vast library for over four hours and then continued on the tour of the house for another two. With a total of six hours on her hooves, she was ready to collapse. She barely made it up the stairs without her knees quitting on her. It was with great relief that they turned the left corner and into the eastern hallway of the mansion.

“This is where I keep all of my personal things.” Cadence said, smiling as if having stood for hours on end wasn’t in the least bit bothersome to her. “To the left is just storage, and the right is a rather large closet. At the end is my room, which I had to redecorate slightly to accommodate Shining Armor.”

Twilight heard the voice in her head again, except this time it was bordering on frantic. “Ask her to see the bedroom, it’s essential.”

Twilight almost didn’t want to, remembering the last time she’d been alone with her Id. But with a lot regret, she looked up at Cadence and asked. “Can I maybe see the bedroom? I’m interested in seeing if it’s like my brother’s when he was growing up.”

“Well… okay.” Cadence said, wondering why on earth Twilight would want to see her bedroom of all things.

Twilight walked down the hall until she pushed the door open to a room that might just have to be the most unicolor room in all of existence. Everything, from the drapes to the thin, almost film-like curtains on the plush feathered bed, was pink in some hue or shade. Most of it was a bright, faded lemonade pink. Although certain things, such as the dresser and desk, were all a dark magenta. She couldn’t help but feel… lured into the room. Like it was a place she wanted to go and stay for a while, if just to escape her reality for a bit. It seemed so isolated from problems, with its plush white carpet, to the fluffy velvet chairs, it made her want to make herself at home. She trotted slowly over to the bed and sat down on the edge of it, admiring how soft the feathers inside it were, like the down from a pegasus foal.

Cadence came in a few seconds later, looking around before she noticed Twilight lounging on her mattress, looking up at the ceiling. She was daydreaming about how she might just make her half of Luna’s tower like this, like a little, isolated slice of space and time where she could go to get away from the stress of living in the castle. The older alicorn froze when she saw her, like she had seen a snake crawling in her bedsheets. She stared at Twilight for a few moments before she turned to exit the room, as if being in there with her former pupil would only worsen her mood.

“Hey Cadence?” Twilight began, rolling over. “Where do you suppose I can get a bed like this? It’s so soft I think I might get one for my own room. Maybe another for Luna if she wants one.”

Cadence halted, her hoof about to cross the threshold of the room. She was chewing the inside of her cheek, contemplating which would be worse. To leave the room and look rude or stay and only antagonize the worsening situation. She looked back over her shoulder and said, with slight fear in her voice. “Twilight, I think you may want to leave.”

“But why?” Twilight asked, rolling over onto her back again to regard her from upside down. She was feeling quite youthful at the moment, something she hadn’t felt like since the day she’d stopped being watched by Cadence. “I wanted to talk to you about the library. I saw a rare copy of-”

“I told you to…” Cadence began, stopping like she was biting her own tongue in two trying to keep from saying the end of the sentence. “Never mind…. I can talk to you about the library.”

All of the sudden Cadence calmed down, like it had merely been a small anxiety attack. She walked over and sat down on the bed next to Twilight, smiling cheerfully again. She looked just as she had before; calm, in control, and eager to spend time with the mare she’d known since she was a foal. Twilight found it nice to be close again, that she could sit next to somepony without it becoming a big deal. She was about to continue when Cadence suddenly spoke, dissipating what she was about to say.

“Before we talk about that, Twilight, let’s talk about that dress.” The older alicorn said, quite randomly. She hadn’t mentioned it once in the time she’d been there. “I was just remembering the day that I gave it to you. I was so… proud, so excited that you were growing up. The moment that I saw you in that dress I thought to myself that if you cared so much to keep that dress, all these long years, you deserve a reward.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked, her curiosity piqued. This was rather sudden for a mare as schedule-oriented as Cadence. “I never thought that it meant so much to you…”

Cadence seemed to be admiring how she looked in it, tracing her eyes lightly over how her body still fit it like it was made perfectly for her frame. She skipped over her legs, and how it only just covered her flanks from view. She basked in how ornately the bow as tied at the arch of her back, and how the bow on her chest made her feel like Twilight was just a young filly again, asking her how to perform basic magic. She smiled at her former pupil fondly, then leaned slightly closer to her, so that she was only an inch from the other mare.

“I was thinking that maybe… maybe you deserve a prize that we, as alicorns, are more likely to enjoy than anything materialistic I could give you.”

“Wh- what do you mean?” Twilight stuttered, becoming very aware that the door was starting to close, the handle covered by the signature pink hue that was Cadence’s magic. The door shut, locking immediately from the other side.

“You see, Twilight, as a reserved mare, I have certain things that I like to do, which I’m not always able to because my husband works rather long say shifts that often run far into the night… this also makes me a little more… selective, on who and whom I think may be a nice pony to have around. I was only assuming that you wanted to help be with this small dilemma.”

“What do you want me to do?” The youngest alicorn asked, a feeling of dread inching across the back of her neck, causing the hairs to stand on end. “Because I’m not sure that I can be around all the time if that’s what you were think I wanted to do.”

Cadence put a single hoof on Twilight’s chest, pushing her over as lightly as possible. She had her eyes locked together with the mare, and continued to push her over until she was directly overtop of her, half-standing over her with a sweet, delighted smile on her face. She leaned down so close to Twilight that for a moment Twilight was going to turn away, but she stopped just as her nose touched hers.

“Twilight, memories that we create for ourselves are the most important thing to an alicorn. So I want you to help me make a memory with you, what might be the first important memory of you as an alicorn. Do you want to help me with that?” She asked, her eyes twinkling brilliantly.

“Um…. Okay, I suppose that I can, since I don’t have a lot to do right now, and you seem really excited about this. I just hope that this is a good enough memory for you…”

Cadence didn’t have to get any closer when she put her hooves on Twilight’s chest, At the same time she kissed her, rolling her tongue over her lips so lustfully that Twilight went limp, unable to process what was happening. She only sat and watched as Cadence, the very pony that had practically raised her, put both her hooves behind her head, pulling her closer to her. Twilight felt her wings open instinctively, unfurling gently as the mare on top of her doted upon her lips. Then, like a dream that turned out to be a nightmare, the alicorn snapped out of her trance. The reality of the situation hit, and she turned away.

“Cadence you’re married!” She cried, shocked by the words she was saying to the older mare. “Why are you trying to do this to me when you’re supposed to be loyal to Shining Armor!”

“He never lets me do this to him. It always ends up with him falling asleep from working too hard right as I’m about to kiss him. Besides… I’m not the Cadence I’d think you’re familiar with.”

Twilight’s heart skipped a beat or four. This wasn’t Cadence that she was talking to. The alicorn that she knew would never betray her husband, or try to errantly seduce a mare only a day after she was invited into her home. This was somepony else, and it was Cadence who was fueling this creature with the unrequited passion that she had pent up inside her. Cadence, or at least, Cadence’s Id, looked down at her with a rather disappointed expression.

“I was hoping that you’d simply let me. I am Cadence, I’m just not the part of her she likes to show to ponies. I‘m the part of her that desires more out of life. And… you.”

The moment the sentence was completed Cadence leaned forward again, but instead of kissing her, this time she laid her teeth to her neck. Twilight gasped in pain as she bit her, then began to massage the area around the bite with her lips, peppering bites of the like all the way down her neck. While this was happening she reached around her waist and pulled her up off the bed, using her magic to undo the bow holding her dress tightly to her flanks. She was insatiable, nipping at her whenever she showed any signs of resisting, and sometimes even just to hear heartbeat jump and her take an involuntary gasp. She couldn’t deny this was all becoming very intense, and she hadn’t the foggiest how to get out of it. She wanted to struggle, but she couldn’t dare to hurt the mare that had raised her.

“Cadence… please.” She gasped, feeling Cadence set her back down onto the bed. “This isn’t right. I’m telling you that if you do this it will haunt you forever! I’m not ready for this!”

“I’m not asking you to be ready…” The older mare whispered, her wings opening over her unwilling victim. “I’m asking you to accept what I’m doing as what I truly wanted to do to you all those years ago. The very first time I met you, I wanted this. “

Twilight felt her Id in the back of her head, suddenly quite absent. She knew that her darker half would make no move to help her. It wasn’t in her character to help her out of any situation that she deemed wrong on every moral scale. She tried to struggle, and even rolled over once, but a swift flick of her captor’s hoof and she was back to facing her, her eyes slowly perusing her figure, as if she wanted to trail her lips down every inch of the scared filly. She made a comforting sound as she brushed her mane out of her eyes, smiling. She didn’t seem to want to really hurt Twilight, but she had certain things that she had in store that were anything if not painful.

Cadence lowered herself down onto Twilight, until she was lying, quite literally, on top of her, pinning her to the bed. Twilight stopped trying; at this point it was akin to a housecat caught in a tiger’s claws, there was no hope for her. She only closed her eyes in an attempt to hide whatever was about to happen from her view. At least that would help her forget if there weren’t any visuals.

Cadence hushed her, planting a kiss on her lips, then one beneath both of her eyes to dry up the small tears that had developed in her panic. The youngest alicorn bit her bottom lip, hoping that whatever she did to her was over soon. She didn’t want to have a slow torture. She wanted it to be fast, as swift as possible. The dominant mare ran her hooves over Twilight’s chest until she reached her waist, then wrapped them full around her midsection, pulling her extremely close. She gasped as she felt something on her lower stomach, something warm and rather wet, soft as it soaked through her dress. She snuck a peak at what was going on, and regretted it immediately.

Cadence had both her front hooves around her waist, pulling her up towards her while she put her weight on her lower stomach, where she was slowly breathing, sighing with the sudden relief of feeling herself touch another pony. Twilight did her best to look away from the part of Cadence that drew the eye the most, but it couldn’t be helped. Her morbid curiosity got the better of her, and just as Cadence set her down again, she saw it. It was thick, swollen and covered with a thick coating of clear pre, which was still connected to her dress by a long, thin strand. The outer labia was shining in the half-light, catching it to make the pre turn a light gold color as the last drops separated from Cadence.

“Tell me…” The mare said in a gentle voice, turning so that Twilight was directly beneath her outstretched legs, a drop of the precum falling and landing on the filly’s cheek. “Do you not want to look at me? Are you that appalled by what I am doing? I am merely showing you that I love you… so if you love me back, I implore you, look up at me.”

Twilight opened her eyes again, soaking in the sight of her delicate slit. She blushed so hard it felt like a blood-vessel popped in her cheek, unable to take her eyes off of her former caretaker’s femininity. She admired the way that her clitoris seemed to just lightly show through the folds, already shining like a pink pearl in a sea of gold.

Out of nowhere Twilight’s Id came storming, taking control of her. She lost all inhibition and used her arms to prop herself up, then began to dote on the princess in long, idolizing strokes of her tongue. Cadence gasped at how sudden her change of heart had come, but wasn’t about to protest. She smiled and let herself be worshipped, sighing as she lingered on her vulva for a moment, tracing it as if to please her all the more. Twilight screamed at herself from the back of her head, crying tears of indignity as he Id made a servant out of her. Cadence wasn’t about to stop there, though. She wanted to make sure that Twilight never forgot her time with her. She pulled away from the filly, smiling contentedly and laying down, her back propped against a large pile of pillows. She opened herself up to her invitingly, as if she knew that now Twilight would be unable to resist.

“I…” Twilight stuttered. “I don’t know how to say thank you…” Her Id said, eyes watering with hysteria.

“You can by coming here.” Cadence said.

Twilight had to watch helplessly as she obediently made her way over to the princess, who only watched with a sense of satisfaction to see that her former pupil was just as hungry for affection as she was. Once the younger mare was near her the princess didn’t waste any time. She motioned for her to turn around, which she did without hesitation. The alicorn grabbed her waist and pulled her as close as she could before she planted a small, light kiss on her lips, which were bathed in a light, sticky film that stuck to her tongue, tasting heavily of cinnamon for some strange reason.

“This may hurt a bit…” She said, taking out one of her earrings and conjuring a sowing needle.

“Anything… just please touch me.” Twilight’s Id begged.

Cadence leaned towards her again and parted her fold with her lips, using her tongue to tease at her clit while she placed the needle and inch away, far enough away from her most sensitive areas that it wouldn’t be a bother to her, but that she could still look at it sometimes and remember. She began to push it into the very edge of her labia as she increased her push on her clitoris, tracing tight circles around her pearl while she pierced her. Twilight nearly screamed in a mixture of pain and erotic pleasure, loving the sensation of being pained by her love but being pleasured by her at the same time in a masochistic sort of euphoria. Cadence finished her task and pushed her earring into her as she finished her off, making sure that Twilight wouldn’t forget their time together anytime soon. With the golden hoop in place, she let herself move away from her, then bent her head down and, just with the tip of her horn, traced a single line down her slit. Twilight had to bite her lip clean through to keep from screaming as she came, leaving Cadence smiling broadly, her mission accomplished.

Then something happened that astounded everypony there, even Cadence. Twilight turned to Cadence, and with a grim sort of resignation she said, in a voice as clear as day and as sure as the sky was blue, she said.

“I’m… not Twilight. My name’s Limba, and I made Twilight do this.”

Author's Note:

Well… explanation time. Everypony read that and every single one of them sat back and went ‘What the actual F*!%$ was that all about?!' Well, let me start with this. Firstly, it is Twilight’s Id that knows from the start about Cadence’s Id wanting to break their marriage vows by cheating, but it doesn’t anticipate that the princess’ Id is completely off her rocker, and though Twilight’s Id enjoys doing irresponsible, reckless, carnal and oftentimes painful things to Twilight’s body, even she knows that it went a little far this time. She never intended for Twilight to be marked by Cadence, nor did she expect her to even do anything besides openly molest her. So when things calmed down and the dust settled, in hindsight she realized that she had crossed the line, and might have permanently lost a huge advantage over Twilight since she may well have stamped herself with the scarlet letter. Twilight would never trust her again, with anything, and since Twilight hardly ever feels guilt, she, being the antithesis, felt that she had far overstepped the intended boundaries. So she shows that she acknowledges this mistake by unmasking herself in front of them, and giving a name to the evil that is Twilight’s Id.

She names herself Limba, and if anyone had ever taken a foreign language that can be traced back to Latin, it is a female-gendered version of the word Limbo, which can also mean Purgatory. She references Purgatory a lot, saying that it is the equivalent of twilight, and what time of day it represents. In Purgatory the souls of the dead wait to be passed on to the appropriate afterlife, some being damned to wander the earth forever, some ascend, and some are sentenced to far darker areas. Others pass into parts unknown once they are judged. But one thing that unites Purgatory is that it is a place of waiting, for something to happen, normally for thousands of years. This is the in-between world for the universe, and if one sees the sun as ascension or regression, then the wake of dawn comes. The same can be said about the coming of the moon. Limba is the in-between of Luna’s Id and Celestia’s Id. She feels the guilt that Nightmare feels, and the same overbearing dominance of Celestia’s darker half. She feels the need to punish her lighter half for supposed dullness and overstress of moral purity like Celestia’s Id. Then she feels the same very painful emotions that dominate Nightmare Moon, making her occasionally stop and think about what she’s doing, like the very end of the chapter.

Well, I just lost half of my fanbase, so I’m just going to hide in the closet until the flames stop. Feel free to comment if you’d like to, but I know none of the feedback for this chapter is going to be even remotely positive. If it is, you deserve a medal because that takes some serious effort towards being a good person.