• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 415 Views, 3 Comments

Lights, Camera, Action. - LightsCameraAction



The story of my OC and his dream to become the greatest musical star of all time.

  • ...
7
 3
 415

The "After-party"

Chapter Eight: The "After-party"

LCA and Vinyl walked down the brightly lit street. They were both a little bit tipsy, but not totally shit-faced. As they walked, ponies that had also left from the party told them how amazing they were at DJing the party. It made LCA smile. He was in the place he had dreamed of his whole life, being cheered for everywhere he went, and a mare to go home with. They finally made it back to Vinyl's mansion, and went inside. The mansion was an astonishing size, but LCA played it cool with Vinyl standing there.

"So, do you want to go up to my studio?" Vinyl asked.

"Sure, that would be great." LCA said.

Vinyl started up the grand staircase, and LCA followed. He couldn't help but stare at her plot the whole walk up. He caught himself staring and looked away before she caught him too. They walked all the way to the end of the hallway, and turned into the room on the left. Inside the room, was a small recording studio, and several desks with computers on them. She walked in, and sat down at one of the computers.

"Ok, I am gonna need you to go in that booth over there." She said, pointing to the left side of the room.

"Wait, you mean we are going to record right now?" Asked LCA, "I don't know about you, but I am kind of exhausted after that crazy party."

"C'mon, just give it a try." Vinyl pleaded.

"Alright, alright," LCA gave in, "but only once."

LCA walked over to the booth, opened the door, and walked inside. He closed the door, and put the headphones on that were hung on a hook connected to the wall near a large microphone. He heard Vinyl talking through a mic connected on the other side of the glass.

"Ok," Vinyl said, "let's hear your singing voice. All I want you to do is to sing the words to this song, don't worry, you know the song."

She flipped a switch and the song started playing. LCA recognized it immediately. "Cold Wind Blows" by Eminem. LCA knew he could sing, but he couldn't rap one bit.

"You're kidding me, right?" Asked LCA. "You want me to rap?"

"Hell yeah!" Vinyl yelled. "This is gonna be awesome!"

The song played on, and LCA made attempts to jump in and rap, but couldn't do it. He looked up after about a minute of trying, and saw Vinyl, laughing her flank off outside the booth. LCA opened the door to the booth and walked over to her.

"So I guess I didn't sound very good." LCA said, jokingly.

"No, that was pretty bad, but don't worry, I was just messin with ya." Vinyl said, still laughing. "Ok, now I can show you another room."

Vinyl walked out of the room and back down the stairs, with LCA trailing close behind. In between the two grand staircases, was a giant set of double-doors. Vinyl walked over and pulled one of them open, motioning LCA to go inside. He did as he was told, and walked through the door. Inside the door, was a giant room, with every record he had ever seen lining the walls, the whole room.

"This is the Record Room." Vinyl said, as she walked in behind him. "So what do you think?"

"This... this is... amazing." Said LCA. "I have never in my whole life, seen anything like this."

She walked with him around the room, as he marveled at all of the different albums, artists, and designs. It was still setting in for LCA. After all, he wasn't lying when he said he had NEVER seen anything like this.

"Are there any other rooms that you would like to see?" Asked Vinyl.

"Um, no, I don't think so." LCA answered. "I do, however, have a present for you. If you want to go wait in the living room, I will bring it to you in there."

Confused, Vinyl walked out of the Record Room and into one of the many living rooms in her beast of a house. LCA set his bag down and unzipped the zipper. Inside, he found something he wasn't expecting. Along with the bottle of wine in the bag, he also found two crystal wine glasses beautifully decorated with diamond studs, with a note that said, "Your welcome." He thought about Flash, and how she was home alone tonight. He knew he would have to figure out how to make it up to her.

He put that out of his mind and somehow, with no physics at work, managed to get everything he needed into his teeth, and carried it into the living room where Vinyl had been waiting. He walked in and set the bottle and the glasses down on the small table in front of the couch that Vinyl was sitting on.

"No way!" Vinyl exclaimed. "How in Equestria did you get that?! You can't even buy that anymore, they stopped selling it years ago!"

"Oh, uh, I have a secret stash." LCA replied.

LCA poured some of the wine into each of the glasses, and slid one over to Vinyl using his snout. She lifted the glass up using her magic.

"Man, I wish I was a unicorn, all I have are these stupid hooves." LCA said waving his hooves in the air.

"Yeah, having a horn definitely makes life easier." Vinyl added. "You seem to be doing ok without one though."

"Yeah, I guess." Said LCA. "I can't do anything about it now, so what is the point in worrying about it?"

Vinyl used her magic to lift her glass higher into the air, and a little bit towards LCA.

"A toast, to your new life in Lasso Angeles." She said.

LCA grabbed his glass in one hoof, again, no physics to be found here, and gently tapped it against Vinyl's. They both took sips, and set their glasses down. They drank the wine down over the next hour, making sure not to go too overboard. At one point, LCA turned, and his eyes met with Vinyl's. She leaned in and her lips made contact with his. She kissed him as passionately as she could, beside the fact that she was rather drunk at this point. LCA returned the favor, pulling her in closer. This lasted for several minutes, until Vinyl broke the kiss.

"There is, one, more room I want to show you." Vinyl said.

"Sounds like fun." LCA replied.

Vinyl took off up the stairs, and ran into the last room on the right at the end of the hallway. LCA took off after her, unable to keep up. He slowed down to a walk, and went down to the end of the hallway. He turned into the door that Vinyl had gone into, and realized what it was. This was a bedroom. Vinyl was lying on the bed.

"So, I have seen you spin those records kid, do you want to try taking me for a spin?"

Author's Note:

Just throwing this out there, I probably had more fun writing this chapter than you did reading it.