• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 416 Views, 3 Comments

Lights, Camera, Action. - LightsCameraAction



The story of my OC and his dream to become the greatest musical star of all time.

  • ...
7
 3
 416

Rock the Town

Chapter Six: Rock the Town

The limo turned around and pulled out of the parking lot, driving even further into the city. LCA looked out the window, and again fell into a state of awe. Ponies, Zebras, and Griffons lined the sidewalks, going wherever they were going, doing whatever they were doing. Some of them turned their heads, and watched as his limousine went by.

"You think that is attention, wait until we are walking around out there, and going in the stores." Flash said, staring out her own window.

"Well, they will be there for you, they don't know me yet." Replied LCA.

"Actually, we are announcing your part in our next album, so you are famous by association." She said to him with a smile. "Trust me, you will have the mares all over you."

LCA, turned his head away, feeling his face turn bright red.

"That's nothing to be embarrassed of, you know." Flash said as her smile faded. "I am sure once we get out there, and make the announcement, you will be just fine."

"Well, I am not much to look at." LCA said. "With all of this pink and purple, they might not even think I am into mares."

"But have you looked at the ponies in this city for one second?" Flash asked. "They are all very different in so many ways, you will blend in just fine and the mares dig pink."

"I guess you're right, let's just see how this goes." LCA said, dropping the conversation.

The limo pulled up to a spot in front of the cinema, where hundreds of ponies had gathered around, waiting for the two of them to get there. There was a red carpet, blocked off by barriers made of piping. All of the ponies were cheering, and looking over one another to get a better view of the limo. The stallion in the back with LCA and Flash opened the door and got out first. The second the door opened, cameras started flashing. After the stallion got out, Flash got out, followed by LCA. All of the ponies started cheering even louder than before. LCA felt a rush of pride, mixed with adrenaline pulse through him. He had worked so hard to get to this moment, and he had finally made it. But something didn't feel right, something was off. He knew what it was as soon as the feeling hit him. What did he do to get famous, they don't know him yet, he hasn't performed.

Flash started walking up the red carpet, with LCA close behind. Some of the ponies held Sharpies in their mouths, eagerly waiting to ask for an autograph, which would come after the announcement. They made it to the stage and Flash went up to the podium first, while LCA and the other stallion sat down in chairs near the back of the stage.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts, as you all know, I am starting my new album this week. You all asked me to do something special, so I decided to bring up an upcoming artist." She looked back at LCA and gave him a wink. "Today, with me, is an amazing DJ, one of the best I have ever heard!" She exclaimed. "I brought him here for you to see him today, and so he can show you what he is made of!" She pointed a hoof off the stage to the right, where a full set of DJ equipment was set up. "Please welcome, LCA!" She yelled to the crowd.The crowd roared to life at her words. LCA got up and walked to the podium, and Flash took his place in the seat.

"So, I actually had no idea I was performing anything until right now." LCA said, chuckling into the microphone. "But, if I can't do this, then what is the point of being on her album right?"

The crowd once again roared to life as he stepped down from the podium and the stage, and walked towards the Dj equipment. He was nervous, he could feel his heart pound inside his chest as hundreds of eyes looked at him. He went around the equipment and set it up, he looked through the records he had, but didn't find anything spectacular. He found a record that he had used once before, called Lectro Dub - Fallen, and pulled it out from the small stack. He got it all set up, and looked over to the board, readying it for mixing. Once he was finally ready, he looked back up towards the crowd. They were all still just standing there, staring at him. He took in a deep breath, and let the song start. He knew the song was slow at first, and picked up as it went on. The base drop was very weak, so he decided he would spice it up. As the base drop approached, LCA tweaked several different switches on the board, and let the bass drop. The base dropped as if it had fallen into the Grand Canyon from space. The crowd cheered as the music went on, and LCA finally felt a small piece of satisfaction.

The rest of the song went on perfectly, as he pressed buttons, and spun other records into the song. Before he knew it, the song ended and the crowd went crazy. Flash ran down the stage and ran over to him, embracing him in her hooves in a huge hug.

"Nice job kid, I knew you could do it!" She said, still hugging him.

"They loved it, I can't believe they loved it." LCA said, with his heart still pounding.

"C'mon kid," She said as she let go of his neck with her hooves. "we have a party to get to."