• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 416 Views, 3 Comments

Lights, Camera, Action. - LightsCameraAction



The story of my OC and his dream to become the greatest musical star of all time.

  • ...
7
 3
 416

Meet the Players

Chapter Five: Meet the Players

LCA was awoken by the ringtone on his phone, which he had set on top of the dresser before taking his snooze. He looked at the clock that was sitting on the bedside table, it read 3:17 PM. He hopped up off the bed, and walked over to the ringing phone. He looked at the screen, and felt slightly sick to his stomach. It was his mom. he slid his hoof across the screen to answer it. He held the phone up to his ear and braced for the verbal assault.

"Where in Celestia's name are you!?" His mother screamed into the phone.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you ma." LCA replied.

"Do you think this is some kind of game?!" His mother asked, still screaming.

"Ma, my dreams are finally coming true. Golden Flash stopped by the house late last night, and told me to pack up to head to Lasso Angeles." LCA said, in his most hopeful voice possible.

"That is about as believable as there being a TV show about us in some other universe that we don't know about." His mother said, starting to calm down. "I bet you are out with those hooligan friends of yours."

"But ma, I am telling the truth!" LCA replied.

"Oh sure." His mother said sarcastically, "I am going to use the Find My iPhone to figure out just where you are."

LCA lifted his unoccupied hoof up towards his head, and berried his face in it. "Ok ma, you do that. You will see just where I am."

His mother wasn't listening. She was too busy looking through her iPhone to get to the Find My iPhone app. She pulled it up, and typed in her son's phone number. After a few seconds, the location popped up on a map. It showed his phone, right on the edge of Lasso Angeles. His mother lifted the phone to her ear.

"So, you weren't kidding then." She said quietly.

"Not at all." He replied. "I woke you up and said goodbye late last night, but you were kind of out of it."

"Well, as long as you are safe, I am happy for you." She said, in a now kinder tone.

"Don't worry ma, I will be fine." Said LCA. "There is nothing to worry about."

"Ok honey, I love you."

"Love you too ma, I will talk to you soon."

He hung up the phone, and let out a sigh of relief. Just as he did, he heard hoofsteps coming up the stairs. He peeked out his bedroom door and saw Golden Flash approaching.

"Ready to go to the studio and meet some famous ponies?" She asked.

"Sounds good to me." He replied.

"Awesome, lets get going then." She said, as she walked back towards the stairs.

Flash and LCA walked down the stairs and out the front door. They quickly walked to the limo, where one stallion was in the driver's seat, and the other was holding the door open for them. They got in, and the stallion got in behind them. They spun the limo around in the giant driveway so they could go forward down it. They drove to the end, and turned left, deeper into the city. LCA was once again in awe at the sight of the city's many tall buildings and busy lifestyle. He stared out the window at the different ponies walking through the streets, each one very different from the rest. About twenty minutes later, the limo pulled into the parking lot of a decent sized building.

"This is it kid, ready to meet them?" Flash asked LCA.

"Yeah, totally. Who is recording today?" He asked her.

"Let's see, I heard TwentyTen and Vinyl were in the studio today." She replied.

They both hopped out of the limo and went up to open the door. LCA ran a bit ahead of her so he could open the door for her. She gave him a smile and walked through the open door, and he walked in after her. The lobby was lit up with blue lights, and platinum records hung on the walls. They walked up to the front desk, which had a single pony sitting at a computer. She looked up and saw Flash first.

"Hello Flash, how are you?" The mare asked. "It's been too long."

"I know, I know, I have just been busy is all." Flash replied.

The mare turned her gaze over to LCA. "And who is this?" She asked.

Flash leaned in closer to the mare's ear. "He is my new music partner, but don't tell anybody, it isn't public yet." She whispered.

"Fresh meat for the album, huh? The mare asked. "Is this permanent or temporary?"

"Permanent for now." Flash said.

"Awesome, so what brings you two here today?" The mare asked.

"We want to talk to TwentyTen and Vinyl, so I can introduce him." Flash said, with a smile.

"Oh, ok. I will let them know you are coming up. TwentyTen are on the third floor right now, recording some stuff for Moving On, and Vinyl is also on the third floor, recording something, working with her producer, Sim Gretina." The mare said.

Flash and LCA walked over to the elevator and pressed the up button. The elevator came down after a few seconds, and the doors slid open. They both climbed in, and Flash hit the button for the third floor. The doors slid closed, and the elevator started heading upwards toward the third floor. The doors slid open again when the elevator reached it's destination. They stepped out and turned right, walking towards the room at the end of the hallway, where TwentyTen was recording. Flash knocked on the door, turned the doorknob, and slowly opened the door to head in. None of the artists were in the recording booth right now, but they were all in the room.

"We have been expecting you." MictheMic said to Flash. "How have you been?"

"Busy with everything going on, preparing for my new album and everything." She replied.

LCA couldn't believe his eyes. In front of him stood four of his musical idles, not counting Flash. This couldn't be happening to him. This must be a dream.

"Who's your little friend there?" Glaze asked, pointing a hoof towards LCA.

"Oh, that's actually the main reason I am here today." Flash said. "Everybody, this is LCA, my new music partner. He will be working on my new album with me."

"Are you sure he is good enough?" TheLivingTombstone asked. "He seems kinda young to be in this business."

"I knew you would say something like that," Flash replied "so I brought this."

She tossed the flash drive with LCA's demo on it. Glaze caught it in her hoof, and walked over to the computer. He plugged it in and opened the folder. She pressed play, and the demo started.

"Wow, that is amazing!" A voice said from the doorway. "Who's demo is this?"

Everypony in the room turned to see Vinyl Scratch walk into the room. As she did, she slid her glasses up to her forehead using her right hoof.

"It's LCA's, he made this." Flash said, with a smile.

"When did you make it, just now?" Vinyl asked. "That takes some serious skill to put together what you did."

"Actually, I made that demo when I was twelve." LCA said, with a slightly cocky smirk on his face.

"Wow kid, I am really impressed. You are almost as good as me." Vinyl said, returning his cocky smirk. "What do you say you come to my place and we talk music after the party tonight?"

"Wait, what party?" LCA asked.

"Tombstone is throwing a party tonight at his place on the Musician's Strip." Vinyl said. "Assuming you are living with Flash at the moment, you already know where that is."

"Sure do, are we invited?" LCA asked.

"Everyone is invited." Tombstone said.

"Awesome, what do you think Flash, wanna go?" LCA asked.

"Sure, sounds like fun." Flash replied.

"And what about hanging out with Vinyl after, is that alright too?" Asked LCA.

"That is fine with me, but be ready for tomorrow, don't drink too much at the party, and don't get too kinky with Vinyl tonight." She said with a laugh.

LCA's face turned a bright shade of red as everybody in the room laughed at the joke.

"Don't worry'" Flash said, "I am only messing with ya."

"Ok, well we better get back to recording," Glaze said, "but it was nice talking to you Flash."

"Yeah, same hear, I am swamped," Vinyl said, "but I am sure I will see you two at the party."

"Ok, sounds good." Said LCA.

Flash and LCA walked out of the room, with Vinyl following close behind. They walked to the elevator, and Vinyl walked past them back towards her recording studio. LCA and Flash went down the elevator and back out to the limousine, which was still waiting for them. They hopped in, and Flash gave LCA a smile.

"So, what did you think?" She asked him.

"That was awesome, all of my music idols in one room!" He exclaimed.

"Well, today is about to get better," Flash said, "because we are going to go rock the town."