• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 415 Views, 3 Comments

Lights, Camera, Action. - LightsCameraAction



The story of my OC and his dream to become the greatest musical star of all time.

  • ...
7
 3
 415

Time to Party

Chapter Seven: Time to Party

The crowd was going crazy as LCA and Flash stood behind the Dj equipment. He still couldn't believe that they loved it so much.

"We better get going if we want to get to the party on time." Said LCA.

"Yeah, I agree, and we still need to get ready." She replied. "Follow my lead."

Flash started walking back down the red carpet that had been laid out, and LCA followed. They got back to the limo, and got in the back. The limo started up, and took them back towards the mansion. Ten minutes later, they were back inside the entry way of the mansion.

"Ok," Flash said, "you have two hours to get ready, and then we will head over, and remember to bring the stuff you are taking to Vinyl's private after-party."

"Ok, I will make sure to pack what I need." LCA replied.

LCA went upstairs and into his room. His bag was already on his bed, so he grabbed a few pieces of Dj equipment, and packed them in the bag like a Tetris pro, saving as much room as possible. He ran downstairs, and into the wine cellar. He found the best red wine that he could, and brought it upstairs with him. He packed the bottle tightly into the bag, as to make sure nothing happened to it. He pulled out his best vest, and his best pink tie, and put them on.

"Looking fancy LCA, you've really outdone yourself." LCA said to himself while looking into the mirror.

He sat down on his bed and turned on some music. The sweet sound filled his ears, and he lied his head down on his pillow. He lied there for about an hour and a half before he got back up. He walked out his door and went into the bathroom. He looked at his mane and cringed.

"Ugh, that needs to be fixed up." He said to himself.

"You can say that again." Flash said from the hallway. "Tombstone said he was starting the party 15 minutes early, so we can leave here in ten minutes."

LCA turned to see Flash. He was surprised to see her wearing a beautiful dress fancy enough to wear to the Gala, and her mane curled perfectly, as if she was going to a beauty pageant. "Wow, she is stunning." He thought to himself.

"Uh, o - ok, sounds good." LCA replied as he slid his hooves through his mane with mane gel on them.

"Are you excited for your date tonight?" Flash asked.

"It is by no means a date." LCA said.

"We all saw Vinyl, she was getting heated just looking at you." Flash said with a smile.

"I don't think so, we are just hanging out, talking about music." LCA said.

"Ok, then tell me why you packed that bottle of wine in your bag." Flash questioned.

LCA realized he had been caught, and gave in.

"Ok, fine, you caught me," He said, "but the way I see it, if this IS a date, I might as well make it a good one."

Flash laughed. "Ok, well just be careful. You can pay me the 200 bits for that bottle later."

When LCA finally got his mane exactly how he wanted it, him and Flash walked into his room to grab his bag, then downstairs and to the entryway.

"Hey, do you want to walk to the party instead of using the limo?" Flash asked. "It is less than a mile away."

LCA nodded in agreement and opened the door for Flash. They walked outside, and past the limo, towards the sidewalk at the end of the driveway. When they got to the sidewalk, they turned left and walked towards Tombstone's mansion. Ten minutes later, they were on Tombstone's giant porch, and waiting in a small line. Just as they got into the line, Tombstone stuck his head out past the bouncer.

"No, no ,no. You two need to get your flanks up here and into the party. Celebrities and friends don't wait in lines." Tombstone said with a laugh.

LCA and Flash walked up past the line and the bouncer. They walked into the mansion, and LCA once again fell into a state of awe. He looked around at the beautiful décor of the mansion. Artwork, and golden albums, lined every wall. The mansion, had a similar layout of Flash's, but the rooms themselves were very different.

"If you do that the whole time, you won't be able to enjoy the party." Tombstone said to LCA.

LCA snapped out of his trance, and looked at him.

"Your date is over there by the way." Tombstone said, lifting his hoof and pointing over to Vinyl, who was dressed in a slightly less formal dress than Flash's. "Go get her lover boy."

LCA walked over to her and said hi.

"Hey, I see you made it." Vinyl said. "Liking the party so far?"

"Yeah, it is pretty great." LCA replied. "You look beautiful." LCA said quickly, in his terrible attempt to flirt.

"Well thank you," Vinyl said while blushing, "and you look as handsome as ever."

"Thanks." He said. "So who designed this party?"

"A mare from Ponyville that goes by the name of Pinkie Pie." Vinyl said. "Apparently she has thrown some crazy parties and Tombstone paid generously for her to design and coordinate this whole deal."

"And who is the Dj for this party?" LCA asked.

"You and I, of course." Answered Vinyl.

Before he could reply, vinyl pushed him towards the Dj equipment with her hooves on his flank. When they got up to the equipment, he looked through his stuff.

"Ok, so we have a few songs that we can start out with, that won't require any mixing." Vinyl said. "We can start off with one of those."

LCA looked down the column of songs, and saw one that he enjoyed. Beautiful Freaks by Hot Chelle Rae. He pulled it out, and started it up. All of the ponies started cheering and ran out to the dance floor in front of the Dj equipment to start dancing. He had a feeling of satisfaction shoot through him. He watched as the ponies danced like there was no tomorrow, and felt a little bit sad that he couldn't be doing the same. He turned to see Vinyl, bobbing her head to the music, like he had seen her do on TV.

"C'mon!" Vinyl yelled over the music, "You have to get into the music for it to be fun!"

LCA started bobbing his head, matching Vinyl's bobbing. He soon forgot about everything that was happening, and felt as if it were just him and Vinyl there. She looked up and smiled at him, and he returned her smile. The song started to come to an end, so vinyl pulled out another song. The Devil's Den by Skrillex. She started it up as the other song came to an end, so the ponies would keep dancing. The song started playing through the giant speakers, and the ponies were dancing harder than ever. Vinyl walked over to LCA and pushed him up against the biggest speaker, holding him in place with her hooves.

"Do you feel the bass?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, but the real question is," In one quick motion he spun her around, holding her up to the speaker, "do you?"

She leaned in, and gave him a small peck on the cheek. LCA's face turned more red than a lobster, and some of the stallions that were dancing let out a few cheers for him. His pin on Vinyl had loosened in his daze, and she ran back over to the Dj stand, and started to remix the song. LCA started to do the same, and they worked as the perfect team. They remixed the next few songs flawlessly. A few stallions brought over a few drinks from the keg for them. They drank them down like water, and continued to do their jobs. After several hours had passed, everypony was starting to slow down. Vinyl looked at the time. It read 12:33 A.M.

"Hey, do you want to get you of here?" Vinyl asked LCA.

"Yeah, totally." LCA replied.

The last song ended, and the dance floor cleared. Vinyl and LCA stepped down from the Dj equipment, and started to head for the door.

"Oh wait, hold on, I have to talk to Tombstone before we go. I will be right back." Vinyl said as she took off towards the back room.

Flash walked up to LCA and put a hoof on his back. "So, did you have fun?"

` "Hell yeah!" LCA exclaimed. "It was amazing!"

"Well I am glad you had a good time. Have fun at Vinyl's, I think I am gonna go." Flash said with a weak smile.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"No, I guess I was just looking forward to having someone to be around is all." She replied, "I get lonely in that big mansion of mine."

She went to slide her hoof off his back, but LCA stopped her. He put his hoof around her, and pulled her into a big hug.

"Thank you, for everything you have done for me so far, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." He said still embracing her. "And don't worry, I will be there tomorrow."

He let go of her and she slid her hoof down off of his back. Vinyl came running out from the back room, carrying 600 bits. She handed 300 bits to LCA.

"There you go, that's your cut." She said with a smile. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, totally." LCA said, "Let's head out."

LCA and Vinyl turned and walked out the door. Flash saw something shining on the ground where he had been standing. When she took a closer look, she smiled. It was 200 bits.