• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 3,615 Views, 60 Comments

The Lost Race - Field Marshall Nuggetman



Can other species repeat what other species has done in the past?

  • ...
16
 60
 3,615

The war

The dark, empty screen continued to worry the ponies because when they heard the explosion, they first thought that they were getting invaded again. However, when the air remained silent, everyone knew that the explosion had come from the video.

Just as fast as the video went black, the video returned and began to shake as an image of Vaness a appeared. Her hair was all messy and she seemed to have blood dripping from her forehead.




"Uh, Sarah? Frank? Joseph? Where are you?!"

A faint voice could be heard a ways away, "Over here..."

Vanessa quickly ran for a while and came to a young man which the ponies believe to be Joseph or Joe laying on the ground with a part of a collapsed roof over him.

"Joe are you alright? Can you move?"

"No, my entire body is stuck under this roof and there's a metal pole jabbed into my stomach." Joe's breathing sounded labored and painful. "I'm losing a lot of blood."

"No, I'm going to get you out," Vanessa had tears dripping down her cheeks.

"NO! DON'T! THE MORE YOU MOVE ME THE MORE THE POLE GOES INTO MY STOMACH!"

Vanessa was in shock. She couldn't think of anything to do that would help. In desperation, she looked up to see Sarah standing at the doorway. Her light green dress was ripped and torn. Sarah's hair was in an equally horrid states as Vanessa's.

"Sarah you're alright!" Vanessa had a tinge of happiness in her voice until he asked, "Where's Frank?"

"He's dead."

"What?" Vanessa didn't want to believe what Sarah had just said.

"He pushed me out of the way so a roof didn't fall on both of us. I got away, but Frank... Frank. He..." Sarah started sobbing.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." Vanessa had wide eyes as the dried up tears on her cheek became wet once more.

After a few moments, Sarah spoke up to calm herself, "It's alright, I would have done the s ame thing for him."

Vanessa and Sarah both stopped talking and looked at Joe who opened his mouth to say something to the two girls.

"Vanessa, Sarah, get out of this building," Joe stopped for a second to cough up loose blood in his mouth, "It's not safe. Get out of Manhattan and get to low ground. Find the military, they'll keep you two safe."

"And what about you?" Asked Sarah with an overload of concern.

"I'm fine just go. GO! One more thing, Vanessa, keep that camera on. One day someone is going to see the horror we've gone through today."

That was the last thing Joe ever said before he lost too much blood and his body went limp. The girls took a last look at Joe and cried once more before heading to the stairs and to exit the collapsed building.




The camera went blank once more giving the spectating ponies time to react appropriately.

The ponies in the room were all in shock. Even Rainbow Dash and Applejack's cheeks glistened with wet tears.

"Those innocent people," whispered Celestia softly as she continuee looking at the now blank screen.

"Wait a minute..." Applejack put her hand to her chin in deep thought. "Did Joe say Manehattan?"

"Yeah, why?" asked Twilight a bit confused at first.

"Do you girls remember those tall straight metal mountains on the small island and those destroyed bridges over yonder?"

"Yea we do. Those are all ancient things." Celestia said trying to figure out where Applejack was going.

"Well I think they belonged to them there humans."

"Why is that?" asked Rarity just as puzzled as Twilight.

"Look," Applejack pointed to the black screen that was radiating light once more.

They all turned around and they saw the video was continuing. They saw Vanessa and Sarah running out of a skyscraper. All around, the "tall metal mountains" were intact and stood proud. There was a single large television intact atop one of the "mountains" that was blank at the moment.

"Those cities are huge." yelled Pinkie Pie with eyes the size of dinner plates.

"Yeah, I think all of Canterlot would love to live there." Shining said surprised.

Before they can continue commenting on the beautiful city, the huge T.V went on.

"This is FOX news. The United States of America is being invaded by the Socialist Republic of China and the Democratic nation of Russia. All civilians living in the Eastern and W estern United States, please evacuate immediately. Nuclear Strike and invasion are definitely possible. All US military personnel in the areas specified are ordered to go to the nearest police stations and assist the local officers in armoring up and protecting the city until the US military arrives. The army's estimated arrival time is 10 minutes. The Lincoln Tunnel isn't available due to a missile barrage which destroyed its entrance and permitted floodwaters entry. All civilians are advised to avoid ground level and up and to take refuge in subterranean bunkers. With that we-"

Before the T.V could finish, a missile made impact with the T.V and completely destroyed it. Vanessa turned her head and the camera around where a Russian Hind was spotted flying in the distance. The helicopter's minigun began to open fire when Vanessa felt her hands get seized by those of Sarah. The two made their way towards the subway station nearby as quickly as they physically could. The girls hid behind cars as body parts went flying, spraying blood in all directions. A S.W.A.T team and the police were right in front the car that Vanessa and Sarah were hiding behind. The military groups were attempting to take out the helicopter above. The girls saw their chance when the helicopter started firing at the police instead of spraying bullets in random directions. They rushed towards the subway tunnel's opening. Unfortunately, before they could descend, the two girls saw hundreds of jets and helicopters with both Russian and Chinese symbols on them. One of the many helicopters landed right in front of Vanessa and Sarah. The two quickly went down into the subway's networks but not before the camera saw the police and S.W.A.T team getting gunned down by Chinese infantry.

The video suddenly went blank again and only momentarily returned to show a picture of Chinese and Russian soldiers.




< p class="double">"Oh my how violent can those humans get?" asked Rarity, completely horrified by the display.

"And their military tech so much power." said Shining, who was gawking at the blank screen.

"And those people getting killed like animals." Fluttershy whimpered.

"Those weren't even their best units." Twilight pointed out.

"What?!" yelled every pony in the room, including Princess Celestia.

After a few seconds and a long sigh Twilight spoke, "Hold on, I'll show you." Twilight made her way to the computer went back in the video a little before pausing at a certain section. "You see those metal things back their? The things that have cannons on their heads? Those things are like mobile invincible cannons."

"I think those are tanks like the ones our military engineers a re trying to create right now." said Shining Armor looking closely at the tanks on the screen with a finger on his chin.

Not wavering, Twilight continued her horror lecture, "And look at those planes up in the sky. The one with the spinning blades are probably meant for transportation from air to ground. Look at those planes up in the sky as well."

Every pony looked at the said planes. After a few seconds of absolute silence, Rainbow Dash pointed at the planes on the screen and shouted, "All those planes are doing a sonic rainboom!"

"Exactly, and I think a Nuclear Strike is inconceivably deadly because if atoms split, the energy released would create an unbelievably large explosion that could potentially destroy an entire city in a matter of minutes."

"So... that's how their race was destroyed," said Celestia grimly, "They all killed each othe r with massively advanced technology and weaponry."

Twilight replied, "They didn't use magic as well. They-" but before she could continue, the video returned and everyone attention was once again brought to the large screen.




Date July 4 2033

"Hi, it's Vanessa again. I'm out of the city but it's being taken apart by the three largest nations in the world. Apparently, so is the world itself. Half of the African Coast and south of Asia have all been nuked and right around no one at all survived. Europe, which was our ally, is being pushed back by the massive Russian army and the Chinese are attacking the west coast of North America. I'm supposed to go with a group of scientists. I heard that I'm going to be in a cryogenic facility behind some forest. I'm going to be frozen and will reawaken as soon as the war is over. That means tha t this is my last video and I'm not writing in my journal again. I'm going to hide this camera and my journal in a binder and hdie the binder in this large tree. I'm going now, bye." The camera went blank for the last time and turned off.




Then they saw the large tree with a hole on it where Vanessa hid the binder.

"That's the library!" yelled Twilight with wide eyes.

Fluttershy soon caught on and added, "There are humans under the library trapped in a facility."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go then!" said Rainbow Dash impatiently as she flew out of the castle. The rest of the ponies in the room soon followed suit and made their way back to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

I feel like this story is a bit rush don't u think? But not to worry il fix it one day when I have the time to. Also I still need a proofreader and editor so please help me. Also one last thing is that I'm a guy so it was kinda hard to write about a female humans and her personality so if it is bad then don't judge me.

I would like to thank ChronicBeacon 4 editing 4 me Ty's