• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 1,109 Views, 10 Comments

Newcomers - RainbowDash89



Three Anthro's come to live in Ponyville. A music loving wolf, a magical leopard, and her brother a hard working Leopard.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,109

A friendly paw, a caring hoof

A friendly paw, a caring hoof


Twilight and Gia decided to go to Canterlot so they could read more about magic. So they caught the train to Canterlot. It took about three hours to get there. Once thet got there Rarity went to do what she had planned and Gia and Twilight walked to the Library of magic. Once they got inside the library of magic, the library was huge; Gia was surprised on how big the library was. Twilight just rolled her eyes; they went over to a table after they pulled some books about the history of magic of Equestria. Gia was in heaven, Twilight knew that Gia would love to come and read all about magic. The library was full of unicorns, and some of them did not like seeing Gia in the library of magic. Twilight paid them no mind, but on hoof Gia hated being stared at, she started to growl, well she was still reading her book. Twilight looked over at Gia, her ears were down and Twilight never seen her ears down before. Twilight was worried about her friend, so Twilight thought about what she should do.

“Gia are you ok?” asked Twilight as she bumped Gia’s arm, Gia just growled at Twilight.

“You would not understand Twilight, but I really wish that those ponies would stop staring at me,” replied Gia growling in between words. Twilight put her hoof on Gia’s paw, so she would put the book down. Gia just looked at Twilight confused, but Gia was glad that Twilight was descanting her from all the staring eyes. Twilight got closer to Gia’s ear.

“I want to help you, but I can only help if I know more about you,” said Twilight, Everypony started to wispier something among them sleeves, Gia glanced over at Twilight.

“Twilight trust me it’s a cat thing…” before Gia could finish what she was going say, Twilight kissed Gia on her cheek, Gia’s hears stood up, and her eyes grew big. One of the unicorns in the library started to laugh a little bit, Gia gently push Twilight to the side, and walked over to the unicorn who was laughing, Twilight walked over to Gia.

“What is wrong with you guys?” asked Twilight staring at one of the laughing unicorns. Gia slammed a paw on the table, Twilight herd some ponies stomach growl, then Twilight figured out that it was Gia’s stomach. Twilight started to push Gia out of the library with her magic. When they got out of the outside of the library, Gia ran to the train station has fast she could, so Twilight ran after her. When Twilight found Gia at the train station she was crying, her face had some blood on it and a dead rat was on the ground next to her paws.

“Twilight I want to just want to be liked by Everypony, but it seems like there are three kinds of ponies, ponies like you and your friends, ponies who are just scared of me, and then there are the ones like those unicorns who want to make fun of me because I’m not like them,” said Gia as she wiped a tear away from her eye with her clean paw. Twilight just looked at her friend, she loved her friend Gia, but she was sad about what happened in the library to Gia.


Back in Ponyville Applejack was talking to Fluttershy, well Applebloom and her friends were playing with Willow Harpnote and all of Fluttershy’s animals. Neko sat on top of Fluttershy’s cottage; Applejack and Fluttershy were talking about all kind of things.

“So Twilight and Gia went to Canterlot a few hours ago to do all kind of magic stuff. So Fluttershy how have you been?” asked AJ sitting down at the table. Fluttershy got some tea for them to drink.

“I have been doing all right AJ. So how are things for you?” replied Fluttershy pouring the tea into some cups.

“Things have been going great, in fact Neko and I are dating,” said Applejack blushing a little bit, Fluttershy shouted for joy with her little voice. Applejack took a sip of some tea, Fluttershy was shouting for joy.

“I’m glad you happy, so is family think about you two?” asked Fluttershy taking a sip of tea, AJ look at the window. Neko jumped down from off the roof and walked inside, he took a bite from his meat apple and sat down. Fluttershy just smiled at Neko, with her stare. Neko just flicked his ears towards the window, so he could make sure that Applebloom and her friends don’t get in trouble. Applejack took a deep breath and took another sip of tea.

“So Applejack when are we going to let your sister now about us?” asked Neko as he grabbed AJ’s hoof.

“Not yet sugar cube, but we need to do some time soon.” Replied Applejack looking at her sister playing, Fluttershy poured Neko some tea. Neko took a sniff at the tea, and took a sip of it.

“Does Applebloom know you two are dating?” asked Fluttershy petting her pet bunny that was sacred of Neko.
“Yes, I think she does, but we need to tell her how we are going to end up in the end.” Replied Applejack.

Applebloom and her friends were playing outside of Fluttershy’s cottage. The five of them were playing with Fluttershy’s animals.

“So Applebloom is your sister dating that cat for real?” asked Sweetie Belle as she picked up a baby rabbit. Scootaloo and Willow Harpnote came and sat next to Applebloom, Babs, and Sweetie Belle.

“Yes she is, I don’t want to lose her. I liked Neko, but I don’t him taking my sister from me,” replied Applebloom as she was pulling some grass out of the dirt.

“You know Applebloom; you should not jump to conclusions till you know, what is going to happen.” Willow Harpnote said as she was petting the rabbit in Sweetie Belle’s hooves.


The five of them kept talking about what Applebloom was so worried about, Neko came back from inside and looked at the young fillies. Babs and Scootaloo waved at him, and Neko just waved back. Willow Harpnote just looked at Neko and was thinking about how Applebloom’s sister and Gia’s brother could like each other, she just thought they looked cute together. Neko climbed back on top of the cottage, Applejack and Fluttershy came out shortly after wards. Applebloom gave her sister a hug; AJ just hugged her sister back. Rainbow Dash and Rarity came by to get Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle and take them home. Babs and Willow played around some more after Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle went home.

“Say AJ, I need to know…” started Applebloom, but she cut off.

“Applebloom, you will be getting a new sister and brother in the future, if Neko and I decide to get married some time,” said Applejack rubbing her sister’s mane, Applebloom’s mouth just dropped.

“You mean Neko and Gia will be a part of the Apple family?” asked Applebloom as she looked over at Neko. Neko just nodded his head.

“Willow do you mind telling me what you are doing here?” asked Summer Song as she walked up to the cottage, Neko just growled a little bit.

“I’m just playing with my friends’ sis,” replied Willow as she walked towards her sister.

“I hope you had fun, because you won’t be playing with these fillies again,” said Summer Song stomping her hoof down, Applebloom and Babs jaws just dropped to the ground. Willow was trying to hold back her tears so she could talk.

“Summer, you’re not mom or dad, so don’t tell me who I can be friends with. All the stories you tell me about when you where my age, I now know that filly died a long time ago by hate. I found that out when we moved here. All I ever see you do here is bully AJ, and her friends. You never had any friends, and that because, No pony want to be around you,” Willow said holding her tears back the best she could. When she could no longer be with her sister, she ran into the Everfree forest.

“You know Summer, we would all be your friends, if you did not act the way you do. Applebloom and her friends are Willow’s only friends here in Ponyville. So I can understand why your sister is so upset with you. Summer Song may be your name, but it does not match your actions. Summer is warm and bright, and songs are nice to hear. However all I see right now is some pony being bitter about what happened years ago. My boyfriend and the others had nothing to do with that.” Applejack said stomping her hoof down, Neko had never seen AJ act like this, but he was glad to hear Applejack say what she did. Applebloom and Babs were happy that Applejack what not chewing them out.

“Ha, you’re a fool Applejack….” Summer Song started, but before she said another word Neko had grabbed AJ, so she wouldn’t fight Summer. Fluttershy flew over to Summer Song.

“No pony calls my friend a fool; you should keep your mouth shut if you’re going to say anything like that again!” yelled Fluttershy, Neko had no idea that Fluttershy had that in her. Summer Song started walking into the forest to find her sister. Applebloom never seen this side of Fluttershy, she knew that Fluttershy is not a pony to mess with, but.


When Gia and Twilight got back to Ponyville, Gia ran off to the Everfree forest to hunt. Twilight went to Sweet Apple Acres to talk to Neko. When Gia got into the forest, she was no longer hungry after she ate a few more rats. Gia was picking her teeth, when she heard a scream for help. Gia jumped down from tree she was in and ran to help the pony who called for help. As Gai got closer she could smell Summer Song’s scent. She hang over a cliff, she had grabbed an old tree root. Gia just looked down at Summer Song growling. Gia laid down on the dirt holding her paw out, so Summer Song could grab it. All Summer Song could see was a leopard with glowing eyes.

“Grab my paw!” yelled Gia as she reached out her paw has far as she could.

“No way, you’re just going to kill me!” Summer Song yelled back, almost as she was done yelling the tree root started to give way.

“If you don’t take my paw you will die, but in your mind you think you’re going to die no matter which way you pick, so death by falling or a chance to proof that you are right about me and my kind.” Gia said trying to reach some more, Summer Song grabbed Gia’s paw and Gia pulled her back on top of the cliff.

“So why didn’t you kill me?” asked Summer Song looking back over the cliff.

“What are you doing here?” replied Gia looking over the place.

“I’m looking for my sister, she ran in here a few hours ago.” Summer Song replied looking around, but it was too dark for her to see anything let alone her sister or the ground.

“So you ponies can’t see in the dark I take it, well I will help you find you little sister.” Gia said as she took a deep breath in. In almost no time at all Gia had found Willow.
“Willow Harpnote I was so sacred I had lost you forever.” Summer Song said well hugging her little sister. Willow was shocked by what her sister said, but more shocked she was with Gia. After little talk the two sisters and Gia walked back to Ponyville. Willow was asleep on Summer’s back snoring away.

“Gia, I thank you very much about what you did for me, but I still won’t forget that your kind killed my family. Then again you did save my life, so I’ll remember that your kind can do nice things. I never knew this till my sister told me this, but I have grasping on my hate for years now and it’s going to be hard to let go of.” Summer Song replied as she put her head to the ground.

“You after what happened in Canterlot today and when I saw you a part of me didn’t want to save you, but I knew saving you would be the right thing to do.” Replied Gia with a smile, Summer Song rose her head up.

“Can you tell me what happened?” asked Summer Song.

“You see, there was a group of unicorns who were staring at me, and felt like they were judging me, but when Twilight tried to help me out, they started to laugh at us.” Said Gia as her ears laid down on her head. After a little bit they saw Fluttershy’s cottage and they went their own ways.

Meanwhile Twilight went to Sweet Apple Acres to talk to Neko. She saw him walking out the house, so she ran after him. Neko turned around to see what Twilight wanted.

“Can I help you out Twilight?” asked Neko, Twilight took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

“I need to talk to you about what happened in Canterlot today.” Replied Twilight, after she was done explaining to Neko what happened to them, Neko was quit for a little while.

“Thank you for trying her best to help my sister not hurt any pony, even if you did kiss her. I will let you know this, Gia has a mate back home and he will be here in a few weeks, even if she does not know yet, so don’t try anything.” Neko said flicking his tail at a bug. Twilight and Neko talked for a little bit more, then Twilight went back home. When Twilight saw Gia waiting out front for her, Twilight ran over to Gia.

“I’m so sorry about kissing you Gia.” Twilight said blushing, Gia just smiled back at her.

“Twilight don’t be sorry about that, it was how you felt. It was very surprising to me, but I have a mate all ready Twilight. I don’t care why you kissed me, but I thank you for helping me out.” Gia said hugging Twilight, Twilight wisped something in Gia’s ear.

“So thanks for understanding Gia, and I wish you and your mate the best of luck.” Twilight said after stepping away from Gia.

“Anytime Twilight, and what about my paws?” replied Gia as she and Twilight walked inside the library.