• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 1,108 Views, 10 Comments

Newcomers - RainbowDash89



Three Anthro's come to live in Ponyville. A music loving wolf, a magical leopard, and her brother a hard working Leopard.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,108

Everfree forest

Everfree Forest

The welcome to Ponyville party for Neko, his sister Gia and Alex was going on strong. The music was still going hard, and Everypony else was dancing or eating. Alex and Gia were eating their meat apple pie, but Neko was nowhere to be seen. Twilight and Rainbow Dash were sitting at the table with Alex and Gia. Spike was looking for Rarity, and Applejack was eating her grain at a table with Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

“Say where did Neko and Rarity run off to?” asked Applejack as she swallowed a mouthful of grain. She looked at the food spread and Neko’s meat apple pie was still there.

“Rarity had to work so she left to pick up some orders, and well Neko has been missing for an hour now,” replied Fluttershy looking around.

“Well maybe Neko is looking for something?” proclaimed Pinkie.

“What would be looking for, he just ate something, and….I think I know where he is.” Said Applejack putting a puzzle together in her mind, she ran off to look for Neko. Pinkie and Fluttershy just looked at each other.

“So where did your brother run off to Gia?” Asked Twilight as she looked around for Neko only to fail in her search.

“Well he likes to be alone to think about whatever may be bugging him,” replied Gia as she took a bite out of pie.

“Yeah, Neko hates being around large gatherings, but he hates being alone,” replied Alex as waved his paw in the air.

“Sounds like he can’t make up his mind,” said Rainbow Dash as she waved her hoof around in the air. Alex and Gia just growled at Rainbow Dash. Twilight gave Gia and Alex a weird look. Gia and Alex stopped growling and calmed down.

“Why where you growling at Rainbow Dash?” asked Twilight, Alex and Gia just talked to themselves for a bit.

“Well, we were growling because what Rainbow Dash said was mean and not true. Neko likes to hang out with a few of his friends. He hates parties most of all, but on the other paw, he really likes to hang out with one or two of his friends at a time.” Explained Gia as she took another bite of pie.
Outside of city hall Neko was sitting on the roof just thinking about the day. The Moon’s light was very nice to look at, but he just looked at his ground paws as he sighed. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo where watching from the other side of the roof. Applebloom and her friends looked at Neko and, thinking he was sad they went to get Applejack. Neko jumped down to the ground, nearly jumping on somepony. Neko ran back to the farm. Applejack just missed him so she ran after him.

“Applebloom, why do you think he is so sad?” asked Sweetie Belle as she looked down at Neko’s paw prints.


“Well maybe because he feels like an odd ball, being one of the few no ponies here in ponyville.” Replied Scootaloo has tapped the ground with her hoof. Applebloom shock her head and sighed.

“Well we can’t help him out, plus I think my big sister can take care of it, because I have faith in her to help that cat out,” said Applebloom. Back at the party Applebloom walked over to where every pony was sitting, Alex and Gia where dancing together.

“Where is AJ?” asked Twilight.

“Well she went to talk to Neko,” Replied Applebloom as she sat at the table.

“Say ot’s getting late, Rainbow Dash why don’t you go and take Scootaloo home, well I’ll take Sweetie Belle and Applebloom home.” Said Twilight has she got up from the table.

“Whatever Twilight, come on kid.” Replied Rainbow Dash has she left with Scootaloo.

Applejack ran and ran after Neko, when she caught up with him, he was crying by the river near the farm. Applejack slowly walked up to Neko, but when she stepped on a branch, Neko looked over at her. When she saw that Neko was crying, she wanted to get closer to him.

“What’s the matter there Sugar cube? I’m here for you.” Said AJ has she sat next to him.

“I’m so sorry Applejack; I can’t seem to think right now. Everything I am and you are we could never be with each other, but yet we Anthromals hate being like one of those four paws, but yet we still have share one thing… imprinting on someone to be our mate.”

“Neko, we have only known each other for a day and half now. I like you as a friend, but I would like to know you better.” Said AJ has she looked at Neko.

“It’s not like that, Applejack if I was a pony or if you where a cat things would be different. Thank you for talking with me, and I would like to get to know you better.” Said Neko wiping a tear away, Applejack smiled and kissed Neko’s cheek. Neko put on put a paw on his cheek where Applejack had just kissed him.

“Maybe your right; you’re a cat and I’m a pony. I think we should hang out more, but stay friends. Neko don’t be sad, I’ll all ways be your friend.” Replied Applejack, Neko just looked at AJ and gave her a hug.

“So far Applejack you’re a true friend. In fact you’re one of the only true friends I have ever had.” Said Neko trying not to cry, Applejack smiled a little bit.

“Neko I will all ways be your friend. Also please never eat any fresh meat in front of me again, you hear.” Replied AJ, Neko gave a little smile.

“I promise Applejack.” Said Neko as he took AJ’s hat with his tail, the two of them talked for a while, till they felt sleepy and went back to the barn. When they got back to the barn AJ went inside to sleep in her bed while Neko went inside the barn. Neko just yawned and lay down in the hay. Neko closed his eyes and went to sleep.

The next day, Neko woke up by the sound of Applebloom and her friends playing inside the barn. The sun-beams coming through the wood barn doors were nice and warm. Neko yawned, while the young fillies where playing some kind of game that he had never seen before, but it did not matter to him. Neko’s stomach was growling. He’d heard some mice last night so he went hunting.

“Say Neko what in Ponyville are you doing?” asked Applebloom as she gave him a weird look.

“Well if you want to know I am looking for some mice.” Replied Neko as he pawed through some hay.

“So why are you looking for mice?” asked Sweetie Belle as she sat down.

“Sweetie Belle remember the fish from yesterday?” asked Scootaloo as she walked over to her friends.

“Oh you’re hungry,” said Sweetie Belle, Neko looked over at her, as he grabbed some mouse with his tail. Putting the mouse on his right paw, opened his mouth, Applebloom horrified turned around so she would not see him eating the mouse. Applejack came into the barn to see if Neko was up yet. Neko waved at her as he broke the mouse’s neck. Applejack saw Neko drop the mouse in his mouth. She spun around and heard the crunch of Neko breaking the bones.

“Neko do you think you could take my sister and her friends to go see Zecora?” asked Applejack.

“It’s ok, Applejack. I’m done eating that mouse, but sure, I can take them if that is what you want me to do.” Said Neko as he started to look for more mice.

“Thank you so much. Oh by the way your sister, Twilight, and I are going to the train station to get your apple trees and Appleblom’s cousin Babs Seed,” said Applejack has walked out of the barn.

“Yes! Babs is coming!” shouted Applebloom as she jumped in the air, meanwhile scaring off a mouse Neko was just about to grab.

“Say could you please go outside to play, so I can eat breakfast?” Said Neko as he pointed to the barn door. The fillies went outside to go play. When they left Neko went to hunt some mice. Applebloom ran over to Applejack, Twilight, and Gia.

“Hay guys so when does Babs get here from Manehattan Applejack?” asked Applebloom, AJ just smiled at her younger sister.

“About 11:30, why?” Replied Applejack as she rubbed her sister’s head. Applebloom whispered something in AJ’s ear. Applejack just laughed a little bit. After a little while AJ, Twilight, and Gia walked off

“Say Gia, Twilight can talk to you for a bit?” asked Applejack.

“What is it?” asked Gia.

“Well is there a spell that can transform me or Neko?” asked AJ. Twilight was shocked that her friend would ask this.

“Why, yes there are, but why would you want to do that, you only see your true self once a month.” Replied Twilight as she looked at Applejack with a weird look.

“Applejack, my brother is very kind, but he would hate being a pony. Besides if you were to become a cat, you would need to be able kill anther living creature. If you want to date him, he will date you, but you’ve only known him for two days now.” Said Gia as she was pondering an idea, Applejack looked down and sighed.

“Well I’m sorry I said anything to you.” Said Applejack as she put her head down.

“Applejack don’t be sorry, but that spell is permanent so one of you two would have to learn how to live like the other.” Replied Twilight as she nudged Applejack. Gia just laughed a little bit.

“What is so funny Gia?” asked Applejack and Twilight.

“Well my brother thinks if you were born a pony, then you were met to be a pony. So Applejack if you really like my brother, then just be yourself.” Replied Gia after she was done laughing, Applejack pondered what Gia said.


Neko came out of the barn licking his lips. Scootaloo just looked at Neko while the others were running around. Neko walked over to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, Neko rubbed his head and started to walk away.

“Where you going Neko?” asked Sweetie Belle as she ran after him.

“To the Everfree forest, why?” replied Neko has he turned around.

“You’re going the wrong way.” Said Applebloom, Neko took a deep breath and breathed out. Neko hates it when he goes the wrong way.

“Thank you Applebloom, so anyway what do those markings on your sister’s and all of her friends’ hips are?” replied Neko as he was now walking to the Everfree forest. Applebloom and her friends followed him.

“Well Neko they are called cutie marks. Cutie marks are a symbol of that pony’s talents or a symbol of who they are.” Said Applebloom proudly. Neko cave the idea some thought.

“So Applejack’s cutie mark is three falling apples, and she is an apple bucker, so apple bucking is her main talent. Is that right?” said Neko with an unsure tone in his voice, Applebloom nodded her head.

“Now the main reason why we don’t have our cutie marks is because we have not found it yet.” Said Sweetie Belle knowing that Neko would ask that question.

Neko asked more questions about ponies and what they like to do. When they got to the Erverfree forest, Neko was unsure why the young fillies wanted to hang out with their friend that lives in the forest. When they got to Zecora’s Applebloom and her friends went inside her home. The forest was very dark, Neko did not care. Neko saw some blue flowers and knew that Applejack liked flowers. So Neko decided to pick them to give to Applejack. Neko jumped up into a tree and he waited for the young fillies to finish whatever they were doing. Applebloom and her friends were helping out the zebra Zecora out with her herbs. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle where looking at all the different masks on Zecora’s wall, Zecora lived inside a hollow tree.

“Say have you noticed that Neko and my sister like each other?” asked Applebloom looking through Zecora’s books.

“Well little Applebloom, your sister is lucky to have somepony to love.” Replied Zecora as she poured some herbs into her cauldron.

“But Zecora, Neko is an Anthromal cat,” Said Scootaloo as she walked over to Applebloom.

“Well I sure you don’t have all your facts then little Applebloom, if that were true you would lose a sister or gain a brother.” Replied Zecora as she walked over to her open book.

“What do you mean?” asked Applebloom as she looked at Zecora for a better answer.


“You see, Applejack could turn into a werepony or her friend could become a werecat.” Zecora replied as flipped through her book.

“What are those?” asked Scootaloo.

“Here it is where some pony turns into one thing for one night, or some say some creature will turn themselves into one thing, well once a month they turn back into their true forms. Think of them like a werewolf, but in reverse.” Replied Zecora, the young fillies where giving the words Zecora said some thought.

“So what you are saying Zecora is that if my sister and Neko would have to be like a werewolf to date each other? I don’t see why they would want to do that.” Said Applebloom has she put the pieces together.

“That’s so sweet.” Said Sweetie Belle as she put her hooves on her face. Applebloom gave Sweetie Belle a weird look. Scootaloo was unsure about the whole turning into anther creature.
After a little bit Neko came in to get Applebloom and her friends to take them home. As they walked thru the forest they could hear the howl of the timber wolves. Neko stopped and looked around, after a little bit three timbers wolves came out of the shadows. They looked like wolves, but made out sticks and leaves. Scootaloo was shaking in place too afraid to move. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle hugged each other and screamed. Neko took up a fighting stance. The timber wolves jumped at Neko, but he was too fast and kicked one of the wolves in the head, threw another one of the wolves, and broke the last ones back. The other timber wolves backed off a little bit.

“You fillies get the heck out of here.” Yelled Neko as he double checked to make sure they were all right. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle started to run away, but two timber wolves blocked their path, Suddenly Rainbow Dash came from out of nowhere and smashed into the two timber wolves. She took the young fillies out of the forest by air, Neko jumped up to the closest tree and jumped from tree to tree. When they got back to Ponyville the young fillies thanked Neko for protecting them. Rainbow Dash took the young fillies to the train station to see Babs seed.