• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 2,511 Views, 223 Comments

Dude, What the FFFF!! - Vallis



So.. uh, what's up? Cool. Um, I'm just walking here. Y'know. With my best friend. Surrounded by magical ponies. Who can talk. English. Plus, we've had some experiences, here. Yeah, how'd this happen? Well, it's a very

  • ...
13
 223
 2,511

Run to the hills! Or, some stranger's house


POV: Chris


Ahh. It's good to be narrating from my point of view again. Missed me? So did I.






You'd think that it would take a lot of time to learn how to gallop on all fours, being new to the whole now-a-pony thing. Well, you'd be surprised how fast you can learn. Specially when you're being chased by 100 (and counting) stampeding ponies who look that they'll stop at pretty much... nothing. So yeah.

I learned pretty quickly.



"HOLY SSHHHHYYYEEEETTT!!!" I barely heard myself shout over the hundreds of hooves smashing the ground beneath them.

All I could see was the DJ ahead of me with a huge smile on her face gaining distance, as the fan/mob/cluster fuck gained more towards me. This didn't look good. It didn't take long until I lost sight of the DJ, which led to me making a mistake of thinking that the crowd would disperse and look for the lost DJ. WRONG modafoka!

I, now being a pony who looked exactly like the DJ (although stallion), was the unfortunate target.

See, during a part of the chase, I tumbled going down an alleyway, which made me lose my running- er... galloping pace, along with my cloak. I then got up and kept on going. Now fast forward back to the current moment. All of that hit me in the last second, and back into a full speed gallop I went, now loaded with adrenaline.

"VIIINYL!!" I shouted desperately at the top of my lungs. My arse needed some saving, pronto.

This mob definitely didn't look like they would listen to reasoning in their zombie-like state. In the back of my mind I had a little speech prepared where I'd turn around, yell halt outloud, they would stop, and then I'd point out how I was clearly a dude, how I was notably bigger than the DJ mare, and so on. But that was just my hopeful side being... hopeful. I always come up with the most ridiculous solutions in the most awkward of situations. Don't ask.

I took a sharp turn into another alley, and came out towards a path that led straight to a building that looked like a store. It was pretty tall, and there was a sign, but there was no time to read for crying outloud. I needed to hide. I must've tackled the fuck out of that poor door.

Carousel Boutique

"Hello?! Anyone?! I need a hiding spot, please! There's a mob that practically wants to kill m- Fuck it." After seeing no one was around, I spotted a staircase, and climbed as quickly as I could. It didn't strike me that the second floor looked like somebody lived there, but of course, I just wanted to fuckin' hide. Unfortunately, most of the doors were locked, until I spotted a slightly open door at the end of hallway. I galloped right into that room, turned around and slammed shut the door; fumbling with the door lock with my god damn hooves. Try locking your fucking door with your fucking wrists or knuckles or something while you're shaking with adrenaline.

I finally got it locked, turned around, and sighed...

While looking eye to eye with a white mare in her bathtub, wide-eyed. I leapt forward like a panther, shoving my hoof into her mouth before she could make a sound.

"SHSHSHSHSHS PLEASE." I practically hissed/whispered. The poor lady must've been terrified that a stranger was in her house, shoving their hoof in her mouth.

"I'm not gonna hurt you I SWEAR, I just need you to help me hide for a little-" She then interrupted by spitting my hoof out.

"GET YOUR FILTHY HOOVES OUT OF MY MOUTH AND TELL ME WHOYOUARETHISINSTANT!!"

Holy shit.

"Holy shit." I barely squeaked.

"..I'm sorry?" She asked, now normal as if nothing happened.

"Erm... uhh-"

"No, hold that thought, step out of the bathroom while I dry myself. I'm a wet mess right now!"

"B-b-but-"

"NOW!"

"YES MA'AM-" I unlocked the door and left as soon as I could, shutting it behind me. I pondered back and forth for what felt like an eternity. It was a miracle that the mob didn't barge into this place yet. Also, I thought for a second that I may have stepped into a madwoman's property. Just my luck.

But she was downright scary when she was mad.

I heard the doorknob click, causing me to turn my head. She soon opened the door, and gave her mane a gentle shake with her hoof. Now, ignoring the current situation, she actually looked pretty stunning. But then that god forsaken bell rang in the back of my mind again, along with a voice that was just screaming JAMAIS VU DAMNIT!! Her face just screamed the most odd sense of familiarity, but it was so unfamiliar at the same time.

It was a real mindfuck, in short.

"Now explain. Who are you and why did you decide to barge into my store while it's closed? Hm?" She wasted no time. Now was the moment of truth, I was fucked.

I'm a human from a place called earth who's currently suffering amnesia. Now, on top of that all, I'm a pony which is not my normal form, I'm not suppose to be here, there's a mob who's confused me for someone else, and I'm getting the most ridiculous senses that I've seen this all before and know what exactly it is, but I can't even recall ever in my life of anything relatively close to it. Oh, and my name is Chris. Nice to meet you. Now find me some place to hide please.

...Nah.




"Well, uh, my name is..."

'Slim Shady.'

I just had to.


I needed to think of something quick. I started trying to come up with some type of name that would atleast pass for being 'normal' for this odd... culture. Instantly, I thought that since I looked pretty similar to the DJ, I could try to come up with something close. Vince- uh.. Victor, Vic- Vi- damnit. Vay- Vi- Vol- Voldemort? EW EW EW ew ew. Vew- Volk- Volkswagen. Pft, haha. Vef- Vew- Vuh- Va-... Val. Vally?... Vaaallliiisss? Vallis? Vallis Scratch? Vinyl Scratch, and Vallis Scratch.

Perfect.



"...Vallis. Vallis Scratch." I stated. Her eyes seemed to gaze off elsewhere, perhaps trying to recall if she ever heard of a name. Suddenly, they went wide for a moment.

"Are you related to Vinyl? The DJ?" She asked, cocking her eyebrow.

"Uh- Yup! I'm her brother, matching tatto- I mean uh, cu- erm, cutie marks too!" I gave a quick point to my flank. She took a quick glance, her eyes going wide again.

"Oh my. What are you doing here?"

"Well... I was hanging out with Vinyl earlier, y'know, doing um... sister and brother stuff," Idiot. "Then, we ended up being chased by a bunch of her fans, they somehow confused me with her, and ended up chasing me in the end. So I ended up... here." I gave a literal point at the ground, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh goodness, is there anything I can do?"

Well, yeah, I tried asking, but you scared the living shit out of me for it.

"A hiding spot would be swell, please." I practically begged.

"Say no more, we can stay in my room! I have a few commissions to finish, so you can sit there with me until the crowd finally gives in and go home." She trotted right away to a door, unlocked it with her magic, and walked right in; beckoning for me to follow.

Now, did that just happen? I mean, seriously. Try this while in some strangers house in New Jersey. You'd end up with the cops on your ass. No, scratch that, ANYWHERE in America.

I followed her into the room, and was surprised by what I saw. It was a clothing designer's dream studio. Simply, a plethora of dresses, both on design and on paper, and supplies. Stacks, and stacks of supplies. This stuff looked Italian, my friend. In other words... Top. Fucking. Notch.

"Oh, no way. You make your own clothing line?"

"Mhm! Always have and always will." She said with pride.

"Dude, that's cool." It honestly was. When's the last time you met someone who owned a clothing store, and made their own topnotch high end clothing line? Exactly.

"You kind of remind me of a certain friend of mine. The way you talk, I mean." She giggled. "You don't seem so brash though. Atleast, I hope so." She rolled her eyes.

"Well, I can be a lot of things." I chuckled. "Thanks for letting me hide here, I really appreciate it."

"Not a problem darling!" She trotted over to one of her pony mannequins, and began to take measures.

"And uh-... sorry for, y'know, barging in while you were in the-"

"Thaaaat's quite alright darling. Water under the bridge." She laughed.


I walked around from window to window, making sure that there were no signs of the cluster fuck mob. They were gone, thank Faust.

...Thank Faust? Where the fuck did that come from?

I sighed in relief, and began making my way out. Just as I was about to say my thanks and goodbyes, I realized that she hadn't given me her name.

"Whoa, hold on a sec. You never gave me your name?" I asked, honestly surprised.

"I didn't? Oh, goodness me. Rarity, darling. Apologies."

"Oh! Alrighty then, thank you so much for everything Rarity. It was nice to talking to you!" I began my way out.

"We really ought to have a proper introduction next time Vallis. It was nice talking to you aswell. Oh, and next time darling, don't be a stranger!" She chuckled. I couldn't help but chuckle aswell.

I trotted back down to the first floor, and made my way to the front door. I twisted the knob, which is a pain with hooves, but the door swung itself open before I even twisted the knob fully. After closing and opening the door a few more times, I realized that I had busted her lock from the bash I gave it earlier.

"...Shit."

Well. I knew how exactly to repay her next time I saw her.

I stepped outside, and took in my first breath of fresh air. For once ever since I got here, I felt relaxed. No mob, no more hunger, no more headaches or scrapes or bruises; thank Zecora for that. For once, things felt normal. I took in the moment to appreciate the tranquility while I had it. This town was surprisingly quiet, other than the sound of other's hooves trotting down the paths and streets. I needed that. It reminded me of New Jersey, as much as I hated the state. I use to just sit by my window sometimes, watching the cars pass by, listening to the wind rustle the leaves in fall.

Well, time to find Vinyl.


"PSSTT! Hey! Mister new pony, over here!" I heard a familiar voice whisper from the bushes. I looked around a bit until I spotted the pink mare.

"...Pinkie?" I questioned, genuinely confused.

"Yep!" She chirped, happy as usual. "Vinyl lives riiiight overrrr... THERE!" She pointed her hoof towards a record shop in the distance. "It's the record shop all the way at the corner of this block!"

Well! That was easy.

"Oh, thanks Pinkie!" I began to trot away, when I heard her 'PSST' again.

"HEY! You never gave me your name?"

"Oh? Um, Vallis. Vallis Scratch." I smiled, the new name already sinking into my mind. She gasped.

"OH, are you like Vinyl's brother or something?"

"Yes indeedy!"

"Ok cool! See you laterrr!" She waved, and started sinking behind the bushes until I couldn't see her. Now curious, I looked behind the bushes only to find that she completely disappeared. I cocked an eyebrow.

"...I don't even.." I shook my head. I guess I better start getting use to the oddity of this place. Odd couldn't even begin to describe this all, but you know what? In a way, it was nice.

Off I went, to Vinyl's record shop.




...Wait. How the fuck did she know I wanted to find Vinyl?

Author's Note:

Looks like I'm posting chapters daily again.

:)