• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 2,091 Views, 138 Comments

The Past of a Shy Mare - Songbrony



After receiving a letter from Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy decides to open up about why she's lived alone for so many years. Only one pony knows most of her story, and now she's going to tell everyone.

  • ...
4
 138
 2,091

Walked in on

I heard him laughing maniacally as he was drug out of the room. I was still crying into Rainbow's chest. "I'm so sorry Rainbow Dash. I didn't mean anything that I said. I was just so angry and upset at him that I couldn't control myself." I said while I cried. "Can you forgive me?"

"Yeah, of-of course." she said.

"Doctor? What's going on? What did our parents have to do with the Shadows of the night?" Felix asked.

"Your parents told you already that they found something in the Griffon Kingdom. That something could have destroyed the efforts that Fluttershy's parents put into the group. But now that we have him, I doubt they'll be able to get very far." the Doctor said.

"Felix, take your sister and Fluttershy back to the hotel. We'll do a sweep of your house tonight and if everything checks out okay, you should be able to go back home tomorrow." Princess Celestia said.

"Before you go, Felix, may I have a word with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy?" the Doctor asked. Felix nodded and walked towards the door. The Doctor knelt down to us. "Both of you, listen. You two are probably the bravest mares I've ever met. Fluttershy, you've gone through so much. I'm sorry about you parents. They were a part of that group long before you were born. You were just thrust in the middle of it. Don't take your anger out on Rainbow though, she was thrust into this just as much as you were." he said. I nodded my head and wiped my eyes.

The Doctor looked at Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow. You are the most loyal friend Fluttershy could have asked for. You have never left her side and have always been there to protect her. Rainbow, you can't let her go. You can't forget her and what she's gone through. She loves you, more than you can imagine. Don't hurt her." he said.

"I would never hurt her! I promised her I would never leave her!" she said, giving me a big hug.

What the Doctor said made me smile and changed my mood. I really was lucky to have her with me.

The Doctor smiled. "I know you won't." He stood up and walked back to the princess. "What are you waiting for? Off you go now."

We all flew back to the hotel. None of us really talked on the way back. They both seemed lost in their thoughts and I understood what they were going through. I felt bad though. I didn't know why I snapped at her. She didn't do anything wrong. "Rainbow?" I asked.

"Yeah? What's up?" she said, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Well, I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about what I said back at the castle. I really hope I didn't hurt you." I said quietly.

"It's all right. Your dad got you riled up, so... that's that." she said.

"But I shouldn't have yelled at you. You didn't do anything wrong." I said.

"Don't worry. It's all fine. I forgive you, if that's what you're looking for."

"Okay. I just hope this doesn't change anything between us. It won't will it?" I asked.

She looked at me and grabbed my hoof in hers. "I made you a promise. It's not going to change anything." she said.

I smiled. I was happy knowing that she still cared for me, even after what happened. If it weren't for her, I don't know where I would be. Either on the street, in the orphanage, or possibly worse. We flew onto the balcony and walked over to the bed.

"I'll give you two a few minutes to talk to each other. I need a drink." Felix said.

"Are you actually getting something to drink, or are you sneaking out again?" Rainbow Dash said.

He chuckled. "I actually getting a drink." He walked to the door. "Behave you two." he said as he closed the door.

We crawled into our bed and curled up together. We haven't really cuddled in awhile. Mostly because school tires us both out and we go straight to bed instead of spending some time together. It felt nice to finally lie together and hold each other. "Rainbow? Please don't hate me for my outburst. I really couldn't control it." I said again. I was still really worried that she might think of me differently after what happened.

"Not this again." she said, rolling her eyes. "Look, I've already told you that it's fine. I'm not mad at you."

I pulled her closer to me. "I just don't want to lose you." I said, a tear running down my face. That's what I was most afraid of. Losing her. I could handle seeing my parents, as long as I knew that Rainbow Dash would always be here for me.

She rubbed the tear away with her hoof and gave me a kiss. "You won't. How many times do I have to say that before you stop questioning it?"

I chuckled. "I guess I'm still a little scared after tonight." I said, looking into her magenta colored eyes. They drew me closer. I saw care and comfort in them. I kissed her, long and hard. Usually she was the one who would kiss me first, but I couldn't help myself. We hadn't kissed like this in weeks. It was all passion. I'm not going to lie, she was a wet kisser, but it didn't bother me.

I lost track of how long we had laid there, but it had to have been at least half an hour. Maybe more. I kind of wished that things escalated a little bit, but nothing happened. I heard the door open and we both quickly stopped. He didn't say anything, but we were both underneath the covers, so he may have just assumed we were sleeping.

I heard him groan as he fell onto his bed across from us. I felt my cheeks blush. "Stop it!" Rainbow Dash giggled at me. "You're making me giggle, and you know I hate that."

"I'm sorry! But he just walked in on us, you know?" I said, trying to suppress my giggling as well.

"Shh! Don't say it when he's here!" she whispered. "Besides, we needed to stop. My lips are going numb." she said, feeling her lips with her hoof.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was I too hard?" I asked.

"Naw, it was just we were kissing for so long. It wasn't your fault." she said.

"Okay." I said as I nestled my head on her shoulder. "Good night Rainbow."

"Good night Fluttershy."

I sat there thinking all about what had happened throughout the day. At first it was just a normal day at school and then we're in a hotel because Rainbow's dad was killed. And then made out under the bed. I still couldn't believe that Felix walked in on us. I stifled another giggle when I saw Rainbow's wings.

"Hey Rainbow?" I asked.

"Hm?" she responded.

"Promise you won't leave me." I said with a smile.

"Oh come on!"