• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 27,825 Views, 882 Comments

64 vs. Equestria - Jman9877



When a male human is created in the Canterlot Underground Labs and tortured for experiment, what will he do in order to free himself from his captors and live the life of freedom he craves?

  • ...
104
 882
 27,825

Chapter 30

Chapter 30



3rd Person POV




64 slowly backed away from Super Nova, who continued to bear down onto him menacingly. He began to make a mental list of his situation at the moment.


Number 1, Vi was incapacitated, unable to function normally at the moment. Without her, 64 was unarmed, without assistance, and without anyway to make an escape. He was literally up shit creek with a paddle.


“SO, YOU A-ARE EITHER AN I-IMBECILLE OR THE BRAVEST PIECE OF FILTH I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF KNOWING. YOU COME TO THE VERY PLACE YOU WERE CREATED, AND YOU EXPECT TO DEFEAT ME?!” Super Nova yelled, as 64 continued to back away.


“I didn’t come here to fight you! But I will if I have to!” 64 yelled, before making a very weak dagger, and stabbing towards Super Nova’s right eye. Super Nova threw her head to the left, and threw a punch with her hoof at 64. Not having enough time to react, 64 took the full force of the punch to his face, and went flying backwards down the hall, yelling in pain.


“AHH FUCK!” 64 yelled, clutching his singed right eye while getting up quickly, before turning and running down the hall, hand still held to his now charred eye. It was nearly burned shut, and would definitely leave a very nasty scar.


“YOU COWARD!” Super Nova yelled, “COME BACK AND FIGHT!”


With his little stunt that he tried to pull with Super Nova, making that flimsy dagger cost him the last line of contact 64 had to Vi, so 64 now had to make his own way out of the entire Palace, including trying to locate the Elements of Harmony. Super Nova followed 64, chasing about 10 yards behind him.


“YOU CANNOT ESCAPE INSECT! I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON A FLAMING PIKE BY THE TIME I AM THROUGH WITH YOU!” she yelled, as she attempted to grab 64’s ankle with a magical tendril. Luckily 64 had to make a sudden right turn in an open door, narrowly evading the incoming spell. The door led into a familiar hallway, the hall where 64 had made his first ever kill, and gained his fear of blood.


“Shit, no time to being reminiscing…” 64 said, eye still shut in pain. With all of the flame textured magic covering the entirety of the walls, it was a bit hard to recognize, but 64 did remember something vital. The Royal Guard he killed was defending an Armory, and he was stationed just around the corner! An Armory containing weapons, which he definitely didn’t have in him at the moment.


With Super Nova still hot on his tail, 64 cut a corner into yet another hallway within the maze that is Canterlot Palace, and saw the large metallic door wide open. With all of the commotion about sending the entire Equestrian Royal Army I guess everypony scrambled for a weapon, and hopefully with some luck, there would be one for 64.


As 64 made it to the door, he began to quickly close it, before Super Nova had the opportunity to catch up with him.


“C’mon C’mon C’mon!” 64 yelled, as his muscled strained under the large door, as he was able to close it a second right before Super Nova came barreling into it, causing 64 to take a few steps back in surprise.


“PUNY COWARD! RUNNING AWAY FROM THE FACE OF DANGER WHEN THE DANGER COMMANDS HIM TO TURN AND FIGHT! YOU WANT TO BE A HERO?! YOU WANT TO SAVE THE DAY?! YOU ARE FILTH! YOU ARE DIRT! YOU ARE WHAT THE PEASANTS THAT ARE MY SUBJECTS SCRAPE OFF OF THEIR HOOVES AFTER WALKING THROUGH A COW FIELD! AND THAT’S ALL YOU WILL EVERY BE! USELESS! FILTH!” Super Nova egged on, and 64 tried his best to block it out.


He couldn’t focus on the simple jeers of his enemy, knowing that acting on the insults would result in his defeat. Right now he was staring in dejection at a very empty Armory, devoid of any weapon, or any piece of equipment that could be used as a weapon.


“Shit…” 64 muttered, noticing that the Armory was a bit larger now after he blew a hole in the wall 6 years ago. Remembering that, he looked towards the Cardboard boxes with were stacked into one corner of the room, and walked up them. Opening each one and then taking the contents out of them, it added up to having 3 pairs of scissors, 15 rags, 2 rolls of duct tape, about 2 pounds worth of the explosive keg powder, and a large spool black powder fuses.


It was almost too perfect. Grabbing the keg powder, rags and, black fuses, 64 was able to make it all hold together using the duct tape he found, making a makeshift grenade which needed to be lit. Looking around for a book of matches or anything, 64 realized that he was unable to light the grenades.


An explosion rocked the room, and 64 saw that the large iron door was starting to become indented, and will not hold much longer with the blasts Super Nova was giving it. Grabbing the grenades and putting them in his Satchel, 64 picked up the sharp scissors which he then duct taped to his hands, making flimsy Trench Knives. He could still use his fingers, but the scissors slightly deterred his grip, making it a bit harder to keep Peacemaker into his grip on Peacemaker in his right hand. Even though Peacemaker wasn’t working in that exact moment, something might happen, and Vi would be able to p-power up once again.


64 rubbed his left knuckle against his shut right eye and felt the charred skin cover it, completely blinding him in that eye.


“Shit… Vi can’t heal these magic burns…” 64 muttered before getting into a ready stance, knowing Super Nova was going to blast the door down soon. He would need to try and fight her off long enough so he could continue running through the Palace, and eventually get to the Elements of Harmony, and get the hell out of Canterlot.


“Alright… let’s get this over with…”


He waited for the blast, knowing it would happen any second now.

……


Any second now……


Right…….now.


“When the hell is she gonna do this?” 64 thought, slowly making his way towards the door. He began to suddenly think.
“If she was able to teleport behind me, then why the hell didn’t she teleport inside of the Armory? Or why didn’t she try to teleport in front of me?” 64 thought, before reaching the Armory door, and unlocking it. Rearing back, 64 kicked the door open, and leaped out of the Armory towards Super Nova.


If she was there.


She was nowhere to be found in the hallway, and wasn’t hiding anywhere on the ceiling or behind any other doors.


“64…. I c-ca- get s-s-ome- path.”


Vi’s voice was able to break through the magic interference, shocking 64.


“Vi! Thought I wouldn’t be able to hear you until I got out of here! Where did Super Nova go?” 64 said in a hushed tone, trying to not to alert anypony in the area.


“Still here… just… for some reason… weakening…” Vi gasped, as if she was choking.


“Vi? What’s going on? Are you ok?”


“I’m fine….. The magic is like it’s everywhere, burning me from the inside out…”


64 shook his head and sighed. He wanted to get out of here, so Vi wouldn’t have to hurt anymore. But he knew that he couldn’t just leave, not when he’s so close to getting what could stop Super Nova.


“Vi, just a little longer, ok? Just a little bit more. I need you to help me locate the Elements of Harmony, can you help me with that?” 64 coaxed. Vi nodded at 64 mentally, and made the Red Locator line paint the ground.


“That reminds me… what happened… to your eye?” Vi said, making 64 chuckle a bit.


“I’ll explain later, for now I gotta get going.”


64 continued to run down the hall, back the way he had just run from Super Nova. Apparently he had been going the wrong way the entire time, and had gotten a bit side tracked. Making sure to check his corners, 64 made his way through the Palace a bit more quietly, at a much more eased pace.


He once again came across that strange door, with the two unconscious guards in front of it. Curiosity was getting to 64, and he just had to open that door.


“Why… are we making… this detour?” Vi said, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. 64 opened the door once again, and entered the empty charred bedroom. Only one bed was in the room, with absolutely nothing else. Not knowing what to do, 64 pushed the bed over, moving it to see if anything was under it.


“Vi? Can you see if there’s anything in here? I know that we shouldn’t waste time, but… god damn this is just killing me!” 64 yelled, sending his fist through a wall in a strange fit of rage. He didn’t know what had caused it, but for some reason he was becoming incredibly angry.


“Don’t let… Super Nova… get to you… she’s… affecting… everyone…” Vi gasped out, as if she was choking. As 64 was about to leave, he noticed something about the hole in the wall he had punched through. Behind it, there was a strange shade of white, as if there was another wall behind it. Looking at the bed, he broke one of the legs off, and used it to continue to bash holes into the wall.


“I… almost… got it!” 64 yelled as he saw what was really behind the door. Yet another door was hidden, but instead of the charred look everything had, it had a white finish, as white as the driven snow.


“64, I’m… feeling better. It’s… coming from this door.” Vi said, no longer sounding choked and constricted. Knowing that whatever was behind this door was helping Vi, 64 immediately kicked down the door, and saw there was a staircase heading downstairs, and for a moment he thought he was going to have to continue down into the Underground Labs, before remembering that the staircase going downwards was in the Dungeons, not some strange bedroom hidden behind a wall.


“I gotta see this…” 64 whispered, leaping down the stairs while striking the scissors against the wall, feeling Super Nova’s grasp on his psyche starting to fade, his anger diminishing. But as he descended, he began to feel himself getting colder, as stark contrast to the blistering heat he had just endured to his right eye.


“What the hell could be down here that needed to be not only hidden, but protected by a magical barrier spell?” Vi asked, now sounding completely normal.


“I’m not sure, but it’s getting colder as I go down, so there has to be something down here worth protecting.” 64 said, before simply jumping all the way down the stairs, landing on the floor very roughly.


Looking up, 64 wasn’t exactly sure what he was looking at. There were pillars surrounding the room, all painted bluish white. The entire room was sort of bluish white, and it looked as if the room was meant to be above ground, due to a balcony door, and various windows which were blocked by the cement and dirt outside.


In the center of the room, stood a pedestal holding a vase, along with two pillars beside it. There were three other Stain Glass windows, with the center window donning a flower, with the stem and petals made entirely of snow and snowflakes. It was as if this entire room was a shrine to all things snow and snowflakes, like it was some sort of religion.


“Vi, can you make anything of all this?” 64 asked, lacking the words to describe this place.


“I… think I remember hearing something about it a very, very long time ago during one of Celestia’s monthly reports. A blind young filly that was able to create snowflakes using falling hail, and used the sound of twinkling stars to assist her in her creations. Eventually she taught many other Pegasi how to create snowflakes, and passed her teachings which are now being used in many Pegasi to create Snowflakes, but unlike her, they aren’t able to create unique styles, and have templates they need to use to make them. I think if the filly was alive today, she would scold them, but nopony has the skills she had.” Vi said, finishing her explanation.


64 wondered about the young filly, and once again looked towards the Snowflake Flower.


“I’m guessing that was her Cutie Mark. Must have been truly inspirational in her time, but why is the room dedicated to her hidden behind a wall, and underground?” 64 asked, walking towards the balcony door.


“I’m not sure 64. But while this was an excellent history lesson, and a much needed break, I think I just found a small shortcut towards the Elements of Harmony. There is another hidden staircase behind the third pillar, I can make a Blunt weapon so you don’t injure your hands any further.”


64 took Peacemaker and made a Sledgehammer, smashing through the entire wall in one full swing.


“Ok Vi, when we go back up, things are going to get a bit hot again, so be ready for that.” 64 said, running up the stairs, wondering where this shortcut was exactly leading to.



64 POV



I came to the top of the stairs, and saw that there was another false wall, waiting to be broke down. Although Vi was less affected by Super Nova’s magic than last time, she still felt partial interference, unable to make something as large as a Sledgehammer again.


“Alright, let’s see where this took us.” I said, rushing the wall with my shoulder, busting through it with ease. I was scared that I had come to the Throne Room once again, but I saw something was missing. Instead of a Throne, there was a very large door, with a very small circular hole in the middle of it.


“64, the Elements of Harmony are behind that door, all we need to do is get it open.” Vi said, as I walked up to the door. I pushed it, and felt that it wouldn’t budge for anything. As I looked a bit more carefully, I saw that it wasn’t just a hole, but an actually keyhole.


“Shit… Vi, we need some sort of key!” I yelled in anger.


“I think I know what we can do, but you won’t like it. Put me into that hole.” Vi said, charging what little magic she had her disposal at the moment.


“Vi, what are you planning? I can just pick the lock can’t I?”


“No 64, this lock is specially designed to activate using a very concentrated amount of magical power. In fact, I think it was designed for Celestia herself.”


I had another idea, so I decided to try mine first. Grabbing my satchel, I pulled out one of the 15 makeshift grenades I had inside. I looked towards the burning walls, and I put my hand to the wall to feel the intense heat, before pulling it away in pain.


“Alright, let’s try my idea first.” I said, putting the fuse to the wall. To my surprise, the fuse lit, and I quickly threw it towards the wall, knowing what would happen if I held onto it for too long. As soon as the grenade made impact with the wall, it detonated, making an explosion which created a bit of smoke, but no damage to the actual door.


“Ok, your plan didn’t work, now it’s my turn.” Vi said, once again charging her magic. I knew what she was going to try and do, but I wasn’t sure I wanted her to do it. She wanted to overcharge her magic, overriding the Magical Lock on the door.


“Vi, please be careful when you try this… The last thing I want it you to get hurt.” I said, as I began to hold up the Peacemaker to the hole. I thrust Peacemaker in, and saw the blue light emanate from Vi.


“STOP RIGHT THERE YOU CURR!”


I looked behind me and saw a bolt of fire heading right towards me, as I ran towards the door and ran up, before flipping backwards and landing once again, pulling Vi from the hole.


“What… are you doing? I… had it…” Vi said, once again having that choking sound in her voice.


“You aren’t going to be in there where she can easily get to you.” I said, before pulling out another grenade, striking it against the floor before pitching it towards Super Nova, who simply caught it in her Magic, before tossing it back to me as it exploded, blasting me backwards into the door, as I felt the back of my skull slam against the door.


I got to my feet quickly, hold the scissors in my hands in a ready stance, waiting to fight Super Nova.


“YOU THINK THOSE PETTY CRAFT TOOLS ARE ENOUGH TO STOP THE LIKES OF ME? YOU ARE AS IDIOTIC AS YOU ARE PATHETIC!” Super Nova yelled. “SADLY YOUR FIGHT IS NOT WITH ME! YOU WILL BE FIGHTING SOMEPONY ELSE WHO I TRUST WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEAT YOU JUST AS EASILY!”


I saw a figure behind her, hiding within he shadow.


“Who is that?!” I yelled, not really wanting to know. It was a stallion from what I could tell, a Unicorn at that. My mind immediately went crazy, having an idea, due to the first pony I saw when I blew a hole of the wall to smithereens.


“YOU HAVE A HISTORY WITH THIS PONY, I WONDER THOUGH, WILL IT MAKE YOU FIGHT HARDER? OR WILL IT DETER YOU?!”


“Just shut up and tell me who it is!”


Super Nova stepped to the side, revealing who I was going to fight. My mouth slowly widen and my stance became more and more rigid. With a fiery blue mane, Molten fur and blue fiery orbs, my combatant walked forward.


“Hey… there….” He said, shocking me that his conscious was still there, despite all other Ghouls were total brain dead.


“You... You were…” I said, before being cut off.


“Captured? Yeah… she’s been… mind controlling… I tried to stop her…”


“And now she’s controlling you to fight?”


“Yeah…”


“I’m not gonna fight you.”


“You have to… that’s an order from your Commanding Officer…”

Author's Note:

Yay! Late night chapter! And I'm honestly not sure why I put in a cameo of the Snowdrop fanfilm, I think I just needed a filler to make this chapter a bit longer.