• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,754 Views, 19 Comments

Fillies' Play - Goldenheart



A spell of Twilight's goes horribly wrong when her friends are accidentally reverted to their filly age. Set in the Manehattanverse

  • ...
0
 19
 1,754

Chapter 4: You've Met With A Terrible Fate

Fillie's Play
Chapter 4

-Outskirts of Harlem, 11:00 A.M.-
30 hours remain....

Knowing that they need to see a zebra, their interest wasn't just intrigued, but also with a bit of concern. The group hasn't encountered or even seen a zebra before. Even Hairy and Maximus, on their various jobs, never even encountered any zebras before. All they heard about is they're native to Zebrica, and often practice charms or incantations as a substitute to magic in the world. Putting these together maybe be the only way to cure this, but they may need to be careful.

After being given directions to the zebra's shop by the maid in question from Mosely, they head their merry way to Harlem. After taking about an hour to get there, they reached the streets of Harlem. They can tell because of the worn down environment and of the unwelcome looks from the citizens on the streets.

While walking down the street, the group is staying huddled together to make sure they don't get separated. Even after getting to Harlem, they have no idea what building they're looking for. They want to ask, but some of the citizens were either giving them angry or happy looks. Some of the happy looking ones are making odd looks to Tangerine, and even whistling at her. They are then looking to avoid them and keep going their merry way.

Tangerine then tells her mom of what is on her mind.

"Those guys are giving me the creeps", says a worried Tangerine.

"Stallions will tend to do that whenever they see a beautiful mare out on the streets.", says Sherbet.

"But why?", asked Tangerine.

"Cause they like you for just your looks, and will do anything to have you.", says a stern Sherbet.

"I don't like the sound of that.", says a scared Tangerine.

"Well good. At least you'll know this when you are aged properly, next time.", says Sherbet.

Maximus then jumps into the conversation and says, "Okay, enough with the heartfelt speeches, we need to find this shop quickly."

"Keep your horn on pal!", says an angry Sherbet.

"I would, if it wasn't broken and attached with a bandage!", shouts Maximus.

"You forget that I'm the one paying for you to do this job."

"I wouldn't be so lenient to do this if I didn't have any choice not only to get out of this mess, but to also get my business afloat."

"Gaaahh! You're the most rude, selfish, and inconsiderate little spawn of Tartarus if I ever saw one!"

"Well, at least I don't act an upper crust attitude that needs adjusting!"

"Well I..."

Hairy and Tangerine then both interrupt them and shout, "Enough fighting!"

Both Maximus and Sherbet stop their arguing and look towards them.

"Maximus, remember, freezer.", says Hairy as if by command.

Maximus then starts counting down from 10 to 1 as he then calms his temper.

"Mommy, you never fight with anypony, not even daddy or me. What has gotten into you?", says a worried Tangerine.

Sherbet then realizes what she just did and says, "You're right. I don't know what came over me. I only acted like that out of instinct. That hasn't happened since...", then something hits her.

"Since what mommy?", asks Tangerine.

"...since I was a teenager back on the farm. Oh Celestia what's happening?", says a frightened Sherbet.

Maximus goes over back to Sherbet.

"Must be the spell taking affect.", says a now calm Maximus.

"But I thought the spell wouldn't be taking affect on us?", says a confused Sherbet.

"Don't forget that Twilight is a filly now. She may be miscalculating some information due to mentality loss for being a kid.", says Maximus.

"Then why isn't my daughter affected?", asks Sherbet.

"Maybe, since a child's mind is still developing over time, they don't have any parts of the brains fully developed. Since she's an adult from unnatural causes, she may have a fully grown brain, but she hasn't learned any of the traits or lessons to develop upon. That might explain why your friends are acting immature. Their brains have regressed thus resulting in their current state.", explains Maximus.

"Then why doesn't Twilight know this is happening to herself?", asks Tangerine.

"She may be oblivious at all of what's happening to her. She may be acting like it right now and not even notice. It could be like there's two minds in a body, one child, one adult.

Tangerine and Sherbet look at each other having worried looks on their faces.

"If that's true, and Twilight is mentally a filly, does that mean that the spell could be permanent even sooner than tomorrow?", says a scared Tangerine.

"I don't think so, but let's not get that thought in our heads. Let's find this shop and get this over with.", says Maximus.

Tangerine and Sherbet both nod in agreement as is not the time to get worried. The group then continues to go their merry way and return to their search for the mystery shop.

As Hairy and Maximus have a bit of whispering distance from Tangerine and Sherbet, they speak to each other.

"That's not like you to do something uplifting Maxy.", says Hairy.

"I can't let them be in a worried state of mind, otherwise we'll never achieve our goal.", says Maximus.

"I think these ponies are nice. Maybe this may not be the best idea to scam them.", says a sorry looking Hairy.

Maximus grabs a hold of his friend using his hoof, since his magic won't work because of his broken horn. He then looks into his friends eyes with a serious look on his face.

"Do you want to go back to the life we used to have? Cold and alone with nopony else to look out for other than ourselves. Remember the pact we made.", says Maximus with a cold tone.

Then Hairy gets a scared look on his face as if reliving a dark memory.

Maximus then let's go of Hairy and says, "Don't forget what happened, we only rely on ourselves."

Hairy then comes back to his senses and says, "You're right. The cold alley will never have me. Maxy will always be there for me. I need nopony else, but you."

Maximus got his answer. So he gestures his friend to keep moving and they go to catch up with Sherbet and Tangerine.
--------------------
-Meanwhile, back at the Library-

After Spike got himself untied after being hung over a cauldron for an hour, he found his chance to escape after the five fillies went off who knows where. After he got himself down, he goes to find himself a hiding place. As he goes in the aisles of bookshelves, the place starts getting darker; Spike needs to remind Twilight to replace the light bulbs.

He then hears giggling coming from somewhere. He checks behind himself but finds nothing. The giggling is getting closer, but he still sees nothing. He then starts getting very scared and starts running down the aisles. As he is running, the giggling sounds like it's still getting closer. Spike runs with all of his might, but it seems to be getting him nowhere. He tries to go through different aisles to try and lose this voice, but even that isn't working as he is still hearing the giggling. Then he gets cornered at the corner of the aisle and is trapped. From both directions, he can hear more and more laughter coming towards him.

Then Spike sees five figures walking towards him. He sees that it's the fillies, and they're coming for him.

"Looks like our prisoner escaped.", says Daring with a creepy smile.

"You know what that calls for?", says Trixie with the same creepy smile.

Spike shakes his head.

Then the fillies say at the same time, "Punishment!"

As they're about to grab Spike, he then says out of fear, "Please, don't do anything to me! I'll do whatever you want, just please don't hurt me!"

They all stop and reply, "Anything?"

"Yes, anything you want me to do.", says a scared Spike.

Daring then goes up to him and says, "Okay then. You do whatever we ask for you to do, and in return, we won't 'hurt' you.

Spike then wipes his head with a sigh of relief.

He then asks them all, "Okay, which one of you shall I help first?"

Spike then hears a growling coming from Blossomforth.

"I'm hungry Spike, make me food!", shouts Blossomforth.

"Okay, what do you want to have?", asks Spike.

"Macaroni and Cheese!", says a happy Blossomforth.
--------------------------
Spike is now in the Library's kitchen that resides in the living quarters of the building, making the mac and cheese for Blossomforth. Spike has finished making the mac and cheese for Blossomforth. He carries the plate of mac and cheese to Blossomforth sitting at the table in the kitchen. As he puts the plate down, Blossomforth is looking angry.

"This stinks. I hate it this way!", says and angry Blossomforth.

"What's wrong with it?", asks Spike.

"Less cheese!" says an angry Blssomforth.

Spike then goes and makes another batch. He then returns with the adjustments.

"More macaroni!", says Blossomforth still angry.

Spike then makes another batch, starting to get annoyed. He returns again with the new adjustments.

"Less macaroni!", says a still angry Blossomforth.

Spike then makes his next batch now as angry as Blossomforth. He returns with the new adjustments.

"More cheese!", says Blossomforth as she is starting to raise her voice for being impatient.

Spike repeats the process now getting even more angry.

"More cheese and macaroni!", says a now demanding Blossomforth.

Spike repeats and is now almost at a limit with his anger.

"Too much macaroni!" now shouts Blossomforth at the top of her lungs.

Spike is now about to blow with anger. If Blossomforth doesn't like it, too bad for her. He now returns keeping the angry look on his face as he hands the plate to her.

Blossomforth then looks happy and sees her meal finished.

"Oooh, perfect.", says a happy Blossomforth.

She then smacks the plate away as it hits Spikes head.

"I hate macaroni and cheese.", says an again angry Blossomforth.

As she gets down from her chair, she goes over to a nearby fruit bowl, and picks an apple to munch on. She then tosses
away the now remaining apple core as it hits Spike's head.

"I'm full, I'm going to smell the flowers.", says a now happy Blossomforth.

As she leaves the kitchen, Spike is twitching his eye and then yells so loud, he spouts flames that it sets the whole kitchen ablaze. The sprinkler system then goes off and puts the flames in the kitchen out along Spike getting wet and sticky being covered in the remains of his macaroni and cheese.
-------------------
After getting cleaned up in his special bubble bath, he then goes back out to the lobby of the library. He then stretches his arms and then proceeds to go upstairs until he's tugged away by Trixie.

"Woah! Trixie, what do you want?", asks a confused Spike.

"I need you Spike. You will be my assistant for a trick I'm practicing to do.", says Trixie.

"O-o-o-okay, as long as you don't demand too much.", stutters Spike.

He is then being dragged to the resting area with the grand fireplace, and several comfy chairs and tables all spread out. This area is open to the public to rest and read books here and rest their day away. They often get ponies coming from a long day of work or during their lunch break to take their time and read a book. Spike then sees Trixie putting him on a makeshift stage made of some of the tables from around the area.

Trixie then uses her magic to levitate a box onto her makeshift stage.

"Okay, now get in." says Trixie quickly.

Spike then gets the idea of where Trixie is going with this. It's the old sewn in half trick.

"Okay Trixie, I'll play." says Spike with a sly smile on his face.

Spike then gets into the box as the lid is then shut down as Spike fits himself into the box. He knows that there's fake legs at the end of this box to make the trick work. The only problem is, there's no fake legs. Plus, Trixie doesn't have a saw with her.

"Hey Trix, where's the saw?", asks a concerned Spike.

"I had to get a substitute for that. So I went for something a little faster.", says Trixie with the same sly smile Spike made.

Trixie is then levitating a power saw over the box. She then starts it up and is about to cut the box in half, along with Spike in it. This is no magic trick, this is an accident waiting to happen. Spike goes completely white and jumps out of the box right before the saw cuts the box in half. After Spike gets out of the box and sees the remains of now two pieces of the box on the stage, he then gets an image of what would've happened to himself if he stayed in there. Imagining this, he passes out.
---------------------------
"Yo, Spike! I need your help!", says a mysterious voice.

Spike opens his eyes and is laying down on one of the couches in the resting area. He gets up and sees Daring sitting right next to him.

"Daring? What happened?", asks Spike.

"You passed out from Trixie's attempt on your life.", says Daring while giggling.

Spike then remembers of what happened before, and tries to forget all about it.

"Okay, well, what do you want me to do?", asks Spike.

"What makes you think that I want a favor from you?", says Daring.

"Considering that everypony else has been asking me for favors lately, I figure that you will ask for me eventually.", says a not too thrilled Spike.

Daring then has a huge grin on her face then drags Spike with her as Spike yelps from being dragged along. They both stop in a random aisle lined with scissors, pencils, and pens all glued in a upward position on the floor. Spike then has a glum look on his face as if he knows where this is going.

"Let me guess, you're going to do something 'Daring' involving this makeshift spike pit?", says a not too thrilled Spike.

"You betcha!", says Daring now on top of the bookshelf.

Spike didn't even notice her going to the top the bookshelf. Daring then looks down and begins to position herself over her makeshift pit.

"Now time to make a depth defying attempt of awesomeness!", says an exhilarated Daring.

Daring then jumps off the shelf and heads toward the makeshift pit, belly first. Spike, still looking glum, then jumps in the way of Daring to block her fall of getting hurt. Spike block the impact with his back and manages to stop her from getting hurt. In the process though, his back is now pinned with scissors, pencils, and pens on his back, and holding Daring in his arms.

"That was awesome!", says an excited Daring.

Daring then looks to Spike, still holding her, with a confused look on her face.

"Hey, you okay?", asks a confused Daring.

"No, I'm fan hoofin-tastic, nothing but gumdrops and ice cream for me.", says Spike trying not to cry from pain.

"Ooh, can I have some too?", asks a happy Daring.

Spike is about to explode again, but then something strikes his mind, "By the way, why didn't you use your wings?"
--------------------------
Spike, in one of the public bathrooms in the library, finally gets all of the objects sticking out of his back and throws them away in the trash. After washing his back from one of the sinks, and patching himself up, he finally heads out. This time, he's trying to sneak about the library to try and not be seen by the fillies and being forced to do more extreme chores. He slips by the lounge area, then sneaks over to the reception desk, tip-toes up the steps towards the second floor, then slithers on the floor towards Twilight's room. Just as he's about to enter her room, something pulls him away from the door.

Spike yells as he then panics right away, "Please, don't hurt me, I'll do whatever you want me to do. Just let me live!"
He then looks and sees that it's Octavia who's holding him. As Spike tries to speak again, Octavia shushes him and gestures him to follow her. They both go to the couch near the guest area on the second floor and sit down. Spike tries to get a word out again, but is again shushed by Octavia.

Octavia then speaks in a low whisper that Spike can still hear, "I want to speak to you in private, so that nopony else can hear us."

Spike is wondering where this conversation is going.

"I've been getting distracted as of late, and I'll I can see are images of you Spike.", says a shy Octavia.

Spike is then going wide-eyed as he's surprised of what he's hearing.

"I've been getting these feeling like I've never felt before, and it's every time you're around.", says Octavia while twiddling with her hooves.

Spike is starting to blush and sweating very heavily.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is...", says Octavia, who's also blushing.

She starts to get closer, as this makes Spikes heart beat very fast.

"Will you be my very special somepony?", says Octavia in a very soft shy tone.

As she gets closer and closer within breath range, Spike has racing thoughts in his head, "Is this really happening? Is Octavia confessing her love to me? What should I do? Should I kiss her? This is all that I've ever dreamed of! I'm going for it!"

Spike then makes his move trying to kiss her. Before he makes contact, Octavia interrupts him.

"Before we share this moment, can you do something special for me?", says a sweet Octavia.

"Yes, anything. Whatever you need my love, just say it.", says a love struck Spike.

Just as he says that, Octavia pulls away from Spike. Then all at once, Daring, Blossomforth, and Trixie all pop out behind her from the side of the couch and join with Octavia. Spike then goes wide-eyed again while still keeping his kissy face.

Then all of the fillies say, "Make us some Macaroni and Cheese!"

Spike then goes twitchy eyed and then shouts to the very heavens themselves.

"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!""
-----------------------------------
-Harlem, 8:00 P.M.-
21 hours remain.....


After what seemed an eternity, they finally managed to thin down their search and reach the shop they were looking for. It was snuck away in an alleyway that nopony would dare enter for its threatening appearance. Their search struck gold after they found some tips at a nearby salt bar, when Maximus asked the barkeep for directions to the shop. This helped as the barkeep was once a customer of this zebra. He once had a broken leg and couldn't provide for his customers with an injury like that, and even couldn't afford the medical bills. He then found the shop and asked for help. He then made him a special remedy to heal his leg, and was up and good the next morning. This helped them so much in their search and headed straight for the location.

While standing outside the shop, it looks more like a tent in the alleyway. There's also weird looking masks decorating the entrance with the shop sign standing vertically that says 'Zebrica Medical Aid'.

"This seems self-explanatory. We found our place!", says a happy Maximus while looking at the sign.

As he's about to go into the shop, the entire group pauses. Maximus looks back to them, and sees that they're scared.

"What's stopping you? We're finally here, after wasting an entire day trying to find this place. What's stopping you guys, tell me?", asks a concerned Maximus.

Sherbet, Tangerine, and Hairy are all having concerned looks on their faces while collecting their thoughts.

Tangerine then speaks up and says, "We've never encountered a zebra before, how can we make sure what everypony else told us is true?"

Maximus then replies, "You've got the proof with the maids child being cured, and the barkeeps leg being healed."

Sherbet then speaks out, "I'll believe my husband either way, but what if the cure we're looking for is not here? Then we've wasted our time looking for this place."

"Well we'll never know until we go in and ask him now do we?", says Maximus.

He then looks over to Hairy and asks him, "Do you have something to say?"

Hairy then speaks up with an angry look on his face and tells Maximus, "I'm done doing this Max!"

Maximus is then surprised to hear this out of his friend.

"Sherbet, Tangerine, you've been lied to!", shouts Hairy.

Maximus is now scared. His friend is going to spill the beans.

"What are you doing? Don't do this Hairy, think of the possibilities after we're done with all of this!", says a scared Maximus.

"I won't lie to them anymore. I want to help these kind ponies. They need to know the truth!", says an angry Hairy.

"Hairy, no, don't!", says a very scared Maximus.

Hairy then takes in a deep breath and then spills it all out, "We've been deceiving you from the beginning. We only came to find you all to scam you out of money. After you pay us, we would've run off with it."

Sherbet and Tangerine both gasp at this sudden revelation. They then both look to Maximus with angry looks on their faces.
"We knew you were up to something! You never cared for us in the slightest! Well now I can say you'll not be getting a bit out of me!", says an angry Sherbet.

Maximus is just standing there shocked that all of his plans are now ruined. He then looks back to Hairy with a sad look on his face.

"Why did you do this? Now we'll be back on the streets cold and alone!", says a sad Maximus.

Hairy is then looking sad as well, and begins crying, "It's not worth it while using others for our own use."

Then something comes from out of the tent and speaks out, "Now what's with all of the racket outside of my tent!"

It's definitely a stallion from the sound of his voice. It then starts coming from the entrance of the shop and walks out into the moonlit night.

The figure in question has stripes all over his body with golden rings covering its neck. It's mane is in a mohawk like style with gray hairs covering the sides. The figure has wrinkles on its face, clearly looking middle aged. The most obvious feature on him is what appears to be a cutie mark in the shape of a moon.

The stallion in question is the zebra shopkeep they're looking for! He looks around and takes a good look at the group standing outside his shop. He smiles and chuckles a very creepy laugh.

"Follow me inside. You've all met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to get out, I'm focusing on finals for college. When I'm on break, I'll definitely get this finished before New Years.