• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,754 Views, 19 Comments

Fillies' Play - Goldenheart



A spell of Twilight's goes horribly wrong when her friends are accidentally reverted to their filly age. Set in the Manehattanverse

  • ...
0
 19
 1,754

Chapter 2: Different Views

Fillie's Play
Chapter 2

Tangerine's POV

-Earlier this morning at Orange Hotel-

Things have gotten pretty slow at home for Tangerine. She may have gotten a new friend at school and hanging out with her cousin this year, but she feels bored. Maybe the fact that Hearth's Warming Eve was a few days ago, or that she was forced to go to bed early two nights ago and not attend the party. The party was for adults only, but she tried convincing her parents to stay up late and talk to her mom's friends, or even Blossomforth, whom she's been talking to the most out of her mom's friends. She even tried pretending not to be tired, but that didn't work as she was yawning the whole night. Before she knew it, she woke up the next morning and slept the whole party away.

Now today, she feels that many things in her life are being missed out on if only she grew up. Now how exactly is she going to grow up if she doesn't even have her cutie mark yet. She then smells something cooking and snaps back to reality. She sees her mom cooking breakfast for her and Dad. Even after the reunion months ago, and helping Blossomforth's health for her job, she's been cooking more and more and even has gotten better, that she even rarely has the hotel staff cook the meals for her family anymore.

The thought then hits Tangerine and wonders what her mom's fillyhood was like back on the farm in Ponyville. As her mom comes into the dining room with plates full of pancakes and eggs on her back, she puts them down on the table and goes back into the kitchen for the milk. Tangerine thinks it's now or never to ask mom what her fillyhood was like. Tangerine gets up from her chair and goes over to the kitchen. As she gets there, her mom is just getting out with the pitcher of milk in her mouth.

As mom puts down the pitcher, Tangerine then asks, "Mommy, what was it like when you were a kid?"

This gets Sherbet's attention and turns around to answer, "Why so sudden with a question like that?

"I'm just concerned that's all.", says Tangerine.

Sherbet then sits down on one of the dining chairs in preparation to answer her daughter's question. "Well sweetie, when I was your age, I worked on the family farm back in Ponyville. You may not know it, but everyday was work for me and my sister, and it was all to keep the family farm up and apple sales in bloom. The only time my sister and I had any fun was when mother went to town to sell our harvest. When she got back though, we had to get back to work for the rest of the day until dinnertime. When sleep the night and continue the whole thing the next day."

Tangerine has a frown on her face as though she never got a clear answer. "Life on the farm sounded boring.", says Tangerine.

"Oh no dearie, my sister and I got used to working, it was fun to us. It's just that when there are days we're tired or bored, we have some games to play to pass the time.", says Sherbet.

Sherbet then recollects her memories backs on the farm with a smile, but then frowns almost immediately and sighs.

"Although, when I met your father and moved to Manehattan, life got boring for me. I'll be honest sweetie, I missed the farm life instead of the enclosed boring work place like now. Sometimes I wish I could go back to my teen years and relive the years I've missed.", says a distraught Sherbet.

Then Sherbet remembers that she's talking to her daughter. She then puts a smile back on her face.

"Okay now sweetie. Time to eat your breakfast. Then when you're done, get ready for school, and I'll see you home tonight.", says Sherbet as she kisses her daughter on the head.

Sherbet then leaves the dining room and goes back into the kitchen to clean up. Tangerine then goes back to her chair and begins to eat her breakfast. Although she asked her mom the question she asked, she never got the answer she wanted. Will the rest of her fillyhood be boring until she's an adult? Or will it be the other way around?
-----------------------
-Later that afternoon, 4:30 p.m.-

After school, Tangerine and her cousin Babs Seed, are walking back home. Even throughout the school day, Tangerine still wonders what her fillyhood will amount too, or what her adulthood will be in the future.

"Hey cuz, what's on yer mind?", asked Babs.

Tangerine snaps back to reality again. She needs to stop doing this.

"Wha? Oh, sorry Babs. I've got a lot on my mind.", says Tangerine.

Babs raises a brow, "Oh, wut is it?"

"Well, have you ever wondered what you'll be as an adult?"

"Not really. Mah folks always say that the future is like a empty field. You'll nevah know what will bloom unless you give it time and patience. So now I jus go with the flow by helping us and muhself finding our cutie marks."

"Oh, okay..."

"Why? Is sumthin on yer mind?"

"No, not at all. Just wondering."

As they reach the street corner where Babs and Tangerine usually split off to go home, Tangerine then got an idea.

"I got it!", yells Tangerine.

Babs, getting startled by this, then asks, "Wut, wut is it?!"

"I know how to get my answer!", says Tangerine with a big grin on her face.

Babs is still confused on what is going on in her cousin's mind.

"Sorry Babs, I gotta get home now, bye!", she says so fast that it is almost inaudible.

Babs is then left alone in the snowy crosswalk what just happened.
---------------------------
-Outside Orange Hotel, 4:45 p.m.-

Tangerine, now out of breath from running home, couldn't wait to tell her mom her great idea. As she approaches the front doors to the hotel, she sees her dad just exiting the building. Mosely sees her daughter running towards him but stops her short.

"Woah there little missy, what's with all the rush?", asks Mosely.

"Hi Daddy, where Mommy?", asks Tangerine.

"Oh, she just left a few minutes ago. Spike just came by and told her that Twilight needed her at the library.", says Mosely.

"Okay Daddy, thank you!", she says quickly and then runs off again towards the library.

Mosely, like Babs, is wondering why she's in a rush.
------------------------------
-Manehattan Library, 5:00 p.m.-

The library, much like the school, is just straightaway from the hotel, but the library is much further away. Then she sees the library just a few feet away. Then she hears yelling in the distance. She looks around to see where it's coming from, and then sees two figures yelling near the library's bus stop. The one yelling is a red unicorn, and the confused looking one is a griffon. As she continues to stare, she sees them walk toward the entrance of the library and enter the building, while still arguing.

After they enter the building, she then follows suit and goes through the double doors. She then feels the warmth of the inside of the library, and proceeds to take off her winter clothing. As she does so, she hears a familiar cry.

"Stop, don't go in there! It's too dangerous!", says a childish voice.

"Get out of my way dragon! I'm going to have a talk with Daring and that's that!", says the voice she heard outside.

She hears the voices on the second floor, and looks up. She sees Spike trying to block the two from entering a door into what she guessed is Twilight's room. As she goes up the steps to the second floor, she sees the two guys then proceed to enter the door with Spike giving a last minute plea.

"Please don't go in..."

*SLAM*

"Daring we need your help!", says the unicorn.

She looks pat them to see a bit of Twilight and her friends, and even her mom! Then she sees the room start to brighten up.

"Everypony run!", yells Twilight.

Not knowing what will happen, she jumps out of the way instinctively next to a nearby table with her head poking out. At the last second, she hears a loud boom and sees a purple flash from outside the inside of the room. As that happened, the two guys are then flung back from the blast, and fly down to the first floor. Spike isn't knock back as far, but is knocked out cold. She then feels something hit her head and feels something wet covering her. She looks in front of her to see a cup on the floor and green liquid covering the floor.

"Eeech, what is this stuff?", she says as she wipes the stuff off of her.

Afterwards, she feels a tingling sensation and feels woozy. Just then, she feels her back hit the table and move it. What's going on? Then the table is flipped over hits the floor with a slam! Spike is then waking up from the blast and feels woozy.

"Oh, what happened?, says a hurt Spike.

Spike then looks to his side and sees a mare crouching on the floor, next to a flipped table.

"Hey who are you? Did you come here with those stupid treasure hunters?", questions an angry Spike.

"What are you talking about Spike?", says Tangerine, but something is off about her voice.

"How do you know my name; and why don't you have a cutie mark?", asks a confused Spike.

"Spike, don't you recognize me? It's me, Tangerine.", says a deep toned Tangerine.

Spike tries to imagine it, then he notices the green liquid on the ground. He then remembers Twilight making this stuff for her demonstration. His eyes go wide as he now buts two and two together.

"Now Tangerine, don't panic.", says a worried Spike.

"Why?, says Tangerine as she gets up from the floor.

Spike then goes to her and turns her around to a mirror hanging on the wall. On the mirror, she sees herself, but also a bit of her mom. She blinks one eye, and the reflection blinks back. She then jumps back, and then looks all around her. She got taller, and her tail and mane got longer too. Now she knows why her voice sounded deeper, she got older.

"Spike, what was in that stuff that got on me?", asks Tangerine.

"Well Twilight made it for.....Oh my gosh, Twilight!", says a worried Spike as he then remembers that his friend maybe hurt from the explosion.

Spike then goes into Twilight's room, that is now filled with smoke that's coming out. Tangerine then looks back to the mirror. She looks at herself and as before, sees a bit of herself and her mom. Her mane got longer and her face looks pretty. Just to be sure, she checks her flank, but still no cutie mark.

She then hears a yell come from Twilights room. Panicking, she gets the table up and hides behind it, hoping for no one to see her like this. She then hears hoovesteps and sees five fillies and a teenager mare head downstairs. What is odd is that all of them look like Twilight and her friends, but the teenager looks like her mom. What happened after that explosion?

She then sees Spike take up the rear and sees him motion her to come down. Tangerine then comes out of hiding and goes down the stairs.

"...you've got six problems on your hoof.", says the tan filly.

"Um, make that seven problems.", says a worried Spike.

Everypony then looks to her, even the teenage mare. Now closer, Tangerine then recognizes her as her mom!

"Tangerine?", asks the confused mare.

"Mommy?", says a confused Tangerine.

Then both filly Twilight and Sherbet both faint. Everpony gasps as Tangerine then goes to her mom.

"Mommy!", says a distraught Tangerine.
------------------------------
Team Grifficorn POV

-Earlier Today, 4:45 p.m.-

After spending almost a full night of riding a bus from Baltimare to Manehattan, Maximus and Hairy finally make it to their destination. On the bus, Hairy is sitting down on one of the seats of the bus with a duffel bag. In the bag is Maximus, trying to avoid being caught. Since they didn't have enough bits for both of them to go to Manehattan on a one-way trip, Maximus hatched an idea for him to sneak aboard in a traveling bag. It almost failed when Hairy almost gave him away at the bus stop, but with some, 'persuasion' from his bag, he forgot. Now it's the middle of the afternoon, and they're both about to stop at their first location to look for Daring, her friend's library.

Hairy then gets off the bus with his 'luggage' in tow. After the bus then leaves, Hairy opens up the bag, and out pops up Maximus taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

"Hairy, what the hoof do you use this bag for?!", shouts Maximus.

"It's my first time using the bag, Maxy", says an innocent Hairy.

"Then why does it smell like the inside of a motel bathroom?", questions Maximus.

"Oh. Our rat friends left us some small presents for us in there. So I had to dump them out to make room for you.", says Hairy with a smile.

Maximus is shocked, and his face starts becoming green. Maximus then quickly gets out of the bag with his hoof on his mouth, and runs towards the bushes. As he gets in the bushes, Hairy then hears a 'yak' sound. As Maximus gets out, he uses his magic on Hairy to grab his neck. Hairy feels the strain of his friend's magic on his neck, as Maximus then walks up to his face with fire in his eyes.

"Maxy, freezer, freezer!", squeaks out Hairy.

As if by command, Maximus starts counting.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6....", says Maximus in-between his teeth.

As he counts, he starts to loosen his grip of his magic. He also starts to cool off and his anger is almost gone.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1.", says a now calm Maximus.

Hairy then wipes his head of sweat as he avoided anything worse from his rage filled friend. Maximus then glares at Hairy.

"Next time warn me about something like that!", shouts Maximus.

"What's wrong with the bag?", says a confused Hairy.

Maximus sighs then says, "Nevermind, we've wasted time already. Come on.

Maximus then gestures Hairy to follow him. They cross the street and head to the double doors of the library.

"Hairy, next time, put me in a new, clean bag.", says a now again angered Maximus.

They then enter through the doors and go into the library. Inside, they see that it seems to be deserted.

"Where is everyone?", says Hairy.

Then there's a noise from the second floor, like a door opening and closing. Maximus then goes up the steps, with Hairy following him. They both reach the top of the stairs and see someone preparing some food on a plate with drinks on the other. As he turns around, Maximus recognizes him as the dragon that grabbed the Soluna Stone, and that was the last time he saw it before it was lost forever in the ruins. Both the dragon and Maximus make eye contact with each other.

"You!", say both Maximus and Spike.

"What are you doing here?"

"Stop saying what I'm saying."

"Cut it out!"

They keep both saying the same thing, until Maximus then charges and pins Spike to the ground.

"It's your fault we're in this mess dragon!", shouts Maximus.

"I have a name you know, it's Spike. What are you doing here?", says a courageous Spike.

"We want to ask that unicorn friend of yours a question.", says Maximus.

"Trixie?", says a confused Spike.

"No! The other unicorn!", shouts Maximus.

"What do you want with Twilight? She's busy with her frie....", says Spike before he shuts his mouth from saying anything else.

Maximus looks up and sees a door. Spike catches this and figures that if he goes in, then the spell will backfire. Maximus starts to get up from Spike.

"Stop, don't go in there! It's too dangerous!"

"Get out of my way dragon! I'm going to have a talk with Daring and that's that!", says Maximus.

He lets go of Spike as he pushes him to the side. He then gestures Hairy to follow.

"So Twilight is meeting her friends, huh? That means Daring is here!", says Maximus as he then opens the door.

"Please don't go in....", pleas Spike.

It's too late. Maximus then slams the door open.

"Daring, we need your help!", shouts Maximus.

Inside the room, he sees six ponies all gathered around. They then all look to see the source of the disturbance. He recognizes the two unicorns he saw before back in Saddle Arabia. The purple unicorn, Twilight, is surrounded by what he thinks is a magic barrier. The blue unicorn in a hat and robe, he suspects from the dragon, is Trixie. His eyes are then drawn to an earth pony with a sweater covering her cutie mark and glasses. What strikes it odd is that she looks like Daring, with the same coat and two-tone mane. Then he sees the magic barrier from Twilight start to crack.

"Everypony, run!", shouts Twilight.

Just as she says that, the barrier then shatters and explodes. The magic wave from the explosion then hits Maximus and Hairy and flings them both back. Maximus feels a sharp pain all over his body then falls unconscious.
--------------------------------
Maximus tries to wake up, but doesn't have the energy to do so. He then starts to feel something hit his face. He then opens his eyes and starts to get his vision back. His is head feeling sore, so he goes to feel it. It feels almost empty, like something is missing. He then comes back to reality and then he understands what's missing, his horn!
"What the flying buck is going on?", curses Maximus.

"Try saying that to our faces!", says a squeaky voice.

Maximus then sees a filly on top of him with a compass cutie mark wearing oversized clothing, and has the same coat and mane like Daring.

"Daring?", says Maximus.

The filly is shocked to hear that.

"How did you...nevermind that, you've got six problems on your hoof.", says the filly Daring.

Spike then walks up to them with another unknown individual.

"Um, make that seven problems.", says a worried Spike.

Everypony then looks to their new guest. It's an adult mare with a peach colored coat, a short, green mane and tail, but what stands out is that she has no cutie mark.

"Tangerine?", says the teenage mare.

"Mommy?", replies the confused and scared mare.

Upon the realization for this, both Twilight and Sherbet then faint and fall unconscious.

Seeing the whole group of fillies Maximus is trying to figure out what is going on as the whole group goes to attend their unconscious friends.

"Maxy, we've gone and made a big problem." ironically says Hairy.

Maximus couldn't Take it anymore. He then yells so loud that it could reach the very gates of Tartarus.

Author's Note:

This chapter is just to setup the plot and get multiple views on how this all happened. Glad I could do a diiferent POV story and hope to continue with more of these in the story. As usual, Like, Comment, Fav.