• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 860 Views, 39 Comments

Amnesia and Love. - Shimmering Honor



When Shimmering Honor Found himself in free fall, without any memories, he goes on an quest to find himself and to start a new life.

  • ...
5
 39
 860

the plot thickens!

Chapter 10, The plot thickens!

“Shimmering...What...What do you think about me?…Truthfully?” She asked, stammering through her embarrassment.

“How I feel...about...you…” Shimmering gulped. What do I say, what do I say! Just then he felt a sting in his neck, he became dizzy and the world started to spin.

“Shimmy...Shimmy...SHIMMY!” Midnight cried, then he noticed a dart fly into her neck… he started to blank out as he saw her begin to sway and then fall over. His world went black as he felt his head hit the ground.


When Shimmering regained consciousness, his head felt heavy, his eyes felt like they would pop out...everything hurt.

Then he noticed his surroundings, the ground was above him, and the sky was below him, it glowed orange with either dawn or dusk. At least he was out of the canyon.

He tried to move but everything was tied up. He felt rope on around his hind legs, fore legs and wings. He looked towards them to realise he was being hung upside down by his hind legs. A pole ran across above him to two A shaped stands.

Shimmering looked to his sides and saw the still unconscious Midnight hanging next to him, he looked around and worked out he was in the middle of a camp. Tents surrounded a fire to his right, on his left was Midnight and some cattle that had been fenced in.

“Cattle Rustlers?”

“Ah you’re awake?” came a Stallions voice.

Shimmering looked over at the pony, he was an earth pony with a lime green coat and dark green mane. “So, you’re the new Bounty Hunter in these parts that, so far, hasn’t been able to deliver his first bounty from over a week ago. How lame.”

“You try getting train wrecked.” Shimmering shot back.

“Oh, too bad, its a shame really that you got stuck out here, I mean, me and my gang were out here rustling. And finding some dead Red Vultures. We got these lovely sleep darts as well...and if Celestia was smiling on us. We find you and Midnight Storm in the canyon. OH boy are you in for it.” The Stallion laughed as he pulled out Shimmerings revolver.

“And what is this peice of crap, its so cheap, I’m surprised you were even able to kill anypony with this thing.” He flipped out the drum, and emptied the rounds onto the floor.

“You’ll regret this.” Shimmering said as the stallion laughed and trotted away, leaving Shimmering hanging there. He noticed the orange light on the horizon was fading, great, night time. At least I wont be bothered by anypony, might just be able to escape. He looked around again, trying to find anything in reach of his mouth...nothing.

As the moon began to rise behind him, its light just touched his hind hooves. Why are my legs tingling? he looked up, the fur on his legs seemed to be standing on end, but also changing colour, it was turning into a greyish shade.

“What the…” the colour spread down his legs as the moonlight covered more of his body, soon it reached his wings. They began to shake slightly, the feathers seemed to get smaller and soon disappear into the bone...no...a leathery wing was left behind. What the hay is happening to me Shimmering started to squirm as he felt the tingling move up his neck, and on to his head.


Midnight started to stir, she slowly opened her eyes, and soon realised she was upside down.

Her head shot from side to side, then stopped, hanging next to her was one scared looking Shimmering Honor, he was looking at his body with fear. She followed his gaze and noticed his fur changing colour, then his wings change into a leathery version. The colour spread across his body. His eyes filled with pure terror as it reached his head. Midnight watched as his ears began to grow, his pupils became slits, held within his emerald orbs. She noticed he had his mouth open and saw four fangs growing from his jaw.

“Shimmering, are you okay?” she asked. She wasn’t scared. She had seen it happen before all the nights she had watched him in his slumber. The first time it happened had scared her to near death, but when he didn’t move towards her, and just slept, she had become intrigued, watching carefully each night.

Shimmering glanced at her when she spoke.

“Vhat is ‘appening to me?” he asked, his voice had changed, the new fangs had altered how he pronounced words. Midnight looked at him and sighed.

“Every night, you turn into a Batpony until first light of day. It only happens when the moonlight touches you.” She explained.

“The other night I came over and had a good close look at you, I looked at your fangs and I believe your saliva has a numbing effect as I had got a large amount of saliva on my hoof from looking around your mouth and it went numb.” She looked sad.

“Really? Vow, Zat is interesting, I vill ‘ave to look into zis some more” he looked at his fur on his chest and ran a tongue over his fangs, they felt sharp.

“I ‘ave an idea, I might be able to bit zrough zee rope”. He bent his back and managed to get to the bit of rope around his chest, he bit down on it and then moved it about under his fangs. He bit and grinded at the rope, then felt a bit of it fray and snap. He carried on. Suddenly the rope around his chest fell of and his wings became free.

“whoa” Midnight watched intently as he flapped his leathery wings and started to pull away from the frame holding them in place. Soon the sound of straining rope filled the air followed by a loud snap. Shimmering shot forward then stopped as the rope around his hind legs fell off, her got his fore hooves free with his mouth then went back to Midnight

“Vant to ‘elp me?” He asked

“How?”

“I vill set you free, IF you ‘elp me kill these lot, zen for zee rest of zee journey, I will treat you less like a bounty and more like a mare.”

“Fine, and I promise I won’t run away, I will go to court quietly when we reach the next town or city.” She said, excepting that no matter what she did now, she was a dead mare trotting.