• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 5,319 Views, 140 Comments

triple dog - Ezrienel



Six young girls engage in a risky game of dares, with a pile of valuables at stake and a shaved head for anyone who fails. Based on the movie of the same name. AppleDash, FlutterMac.

  • ...
21
 140
 5,319

The Game

triple dog

1. The Game

The dulcet tones of rock music blared out her open window, pouring little by little over the sill and out into the open streets. She laid on her bed with her feet up by her pillow, fully dressed in torn folds of clothing from feet to fingers. Spinning one wheel on her old, scratched skateboard with her absent fingers, Rainbow Dash stared up at the ceiling blankly.

Tonight was her best friend's birthday, and yet the only thing on her mind was the dark, roaring turns and teeth of a familiar river, strangled by the night and tainted by a memory so clear. A girl stood high above it on the bridge, someone whose face had begun to fade already, the way her body did as it fell into the unforgiving, tumultuous river beneath.

Rainbow Dash moved the skateboard from its place resting on her midsection and pulled herself up, realizing she could be later than she usually was if she sulked for too long. She snatched her black, fingerless gloves and pulled them on over her hands, prying her window further open to permit her escape. She grabbed her skateboard by the truck and pushed it slightly out the window until it balanced on the sill, following close after.

She swung her leg out first and ducked under the small gap, dropping her foot down to catch a ledge of siding that encircled her house. Scaling the side of the second story, Rainbow Dash kicked off the wall and managed to land on the roof of the garage, reaching back up only to grab her faithful skateboard. This was clearly not her first time performing such a feat, as she continued along the sloping roof until she made her way down to street level.

Across town, a simple farm girl looked at herself with a contorted expression in the old, wooden framed mirror in her room. Now, she was never very interested in looking all dolled up, but for a moment she wished she was. Some of her friends cared a lot about stuff like that, but all she ever did in the mirror was make sure her hair was all tied back and her shirt collar was folded right, and she even sometimes forgot to do that. Even from her bedroom at the top of the stairs, she heard a knocking at her old worn front door, it always snivelled pathetically when someone hit it.

"Applejack, yer friend's 're here." Her Grandmother called up from the den, where she often took her evening naps or knitted in solitude. Applejack decided at the last moment to pull open one more button from her shirt and stood up straight.

"I'm comin'," She called down to the elderly woman, knocking some tried-on plaid shirts off her bed and kicking some debris into the closet. As she left her room she nabbed the Stetson that hung on her coat rack, adorning it over her long, blonde hair in the same fashion as ever.

She rounded the stairwell and let her hand trail down the railing the whole way, her boots clicking against the hardwood steps loudly. The living room was not far, but she managed to run into her brother on the way and gave him a wave as he went up to his own room, knowing it would be best to stay out of the way tonight.

Three of her friends had arrived and been let in, and were sitting around on the living room couches. Rarity, the most vain and dainty of them all, had borrowed her parents sport utility vehicle to provide a ride for her friends. Applejack's farm was a little ways out of town, so they were glad for the lift. Pinkie Pie had brought her own party kit and set to work decorating the whole room while Applejack and Twilight Sparkle brought out the snacks. Twilight was always a very helpful and responsible friend, so she didn't mind helping out with organizing the party.

"My, this sure is a quaint and charming little home, isn't it?" Rarity commented, though Applejack wasn't quite sure if it was a compliment. Rarity had never been inside her farm house before, that became quite apparent.

"This is going to be so much fun! I have so many games in mind, I'm just spilling with them!" Pinkie Pie bounced around as she finished up, throwing confetti around like she didn't care who had to clean up.

"Pinkie, I already made a list of acceptable party games, you can read it over but the final revisions have already been made." Twilight tried to reason with her, pushing the confetti to the side as she placed down a bowl or two of snacks.

"You really need to read a book on how to party, Twilight." Pinkie Pie told her as she blew up a balloon and tied it, knocking it into the air and chasing it.

It was not long until that pathetic old front door sneezed and snivelled again as it bore three quiet knocks. Excusing herself, the host went to greet another guest. Applejack pulled open the door easily, that usual crooked smile on her expectant face. Though her guest was not who she was anticipating, she warmly greeted her just the same.

"Well howdy there, sugar." Applejack spoke with a tip of her hat, leaning a bit on the door as it opened further, "You showed up."

"M-My mother, she made me," The timid girl squeaked a bit at the attention, hiding behind her long, flowing bangs. Applejack just leaned down a bit to catch her fallen eye line and tried to put her at ease.

"Listen sugar cube, no one is makin' you stay." She reminded her, but still the tall, meek girl just shuffled in the doorway, "Fluttershy, do y'wanna be here?"

"Um, do you want me here?" The girl responded with uncertainty, with her lack of self esteem she always assumed that she was unwelcome or unwanted, even among her closest friends.

"Do you always answer questions with questions?" Applejack chuckled with amusement, watching her friend blush a bit with embarrassment.

"Do... do you?" Fluttershy replied in a quiet tone, not really knowing what else to say.

"Fluttershy! Oh my gosh, I didn't know that you were going to be here tonight!" Pinkie Pie's voice made Applejack wince, as it chirped from right behind her ear. The pink-haired loud-mouth grabbed at Fluttershy's hand and yanked her along into the house. "This is going to be so fun! Come on!"

Pinkie Pie dragged the poor squeaking girl in tow, who was clasping at her bag and moving her feet in quick little steps. Applejack leaned out the door and looked around, but still there was no sign of who she was waiting for. Closing the door, Applejack knew she should have expected as much. As she re-entered the living room, she found the whole bunch of them sitting down and in the middle of some conversation.

"But darling, he is so robust and refined," Rarity went on, and Applejack rolled her eyes just knowing how this was going to go, "He's the student body president, chairman of the young investor's club, and the Principal's nephew. And he's dashing to boot!"

"Yes, but he's not exactly the most selfless of people." Twilight tried to tell her as Applejack came around and sat on her favourite recliner. "You're always saying how you love to be pampered, Blueblood doesn't seem like the type for that."

"Are you calling me high-maintenance?" Rarity gasped and pressed her fingers against her chest in shock. The whole room knew that was true, but Rarity never liked to hear it.

"Well you ain't exactly easy-goin'," Applejack shrugged as she got comfortable in her seat, and Rarity glared at her. Applejack was known for calling it as she saw it, but she was never rude or obnoxious about it, "All I know is that Blueblood fella' ain't nothin' but a spoiled brat lookin' to buff up his resume. You're too good for that kinda trash."

"If that was supposed to be a compliment, I'm not certain it came through," Rarity flipped her hair as Applejack grinned sheepishly.

"Sorry Rare, I just mean that money and looks ain't everythin'." Applejack chewed at her lip as she leaned back a bit, crossing her ankles on the living room rug.

"How silly to say, of course it is." Rarity laughed lightly, though even she was not so conceited, she was just looking for a reaction, "All I will say is truly I hate physical excursion, but I wouldn't mind straddling a real man like him."

"Oh, eww, don't put that image into my head," Twilight tried to blink it away and shook her hands out in a disgusted gesture, "Eidetic memory, remember?"

It was true, Twilight had an amazing memory for recollecting facts, images and sounds. Her eidetic memory served well to keep her at the top of every one of her classes. Applejack just chuckled at her friends, their clashing personalities always led to some interesting conversation. Fluttershy leaned forward and took one of the carrots from a vegetable platter Applejack had spread out, and brought it close. While no one was looking, she sneaked it into her bag and felt as the creature hiding inside, a small white bunny, sniffed at it and gratefully took a bite.

Birthday parties were never dull when Pinkie Pie was around, but still, Applejack felt unusually bored or disinterested. They did the usual few things: exchanging presents, eating cake and pizza, and talking about school, but it was nothing particularly memorable or special. That is, until the door was hit with two loud, obnoxious knocks that sounded like someone was trying to kick it down. Applejack hurriedly ducked out of the living room and hustled over the the door, knowing exactly who stood on the other side. She pried it open and was met by the familiar apathetic and slick expression of her best friend.

"S'up?" Rainbow Dash let loose this smug little one-sided smirk and raised her hand between them, her expression cool and aloof.

"I knew you'd be here, better late than never I s'pose." Applejack clasped her hand in their familiar greeting and stepped close, smiling at her best friend's appearance as their free hands went around each other in a quick embrace.

"You know me." Rainbow shrugged lazily and released her hold on Applejack, slipping around her and heading into the living room.

"As usual, you're the last to arrive." Applejack remarked as she nudged Rainbow Dash in the side roughly, bringing forth a defiant pout from said rainbow-noggined rebel.

"So, the gang's all here then," Rainbow swaggered into the room, commanding the attention of all the other girls. Her confidence sure was hard to miss, and her arrogant, smug expression hung between her ears as always. Her voice came out sarcastically and stuffed with attitude, "Have we sung happy birthday yet?"

"Of course, but we'll sing it again if you want to join in!" Pinkie Pie bounced up and down as she spoke, only pausing to pull in this great big breath that filled her slightly chubby stomach, "Happ—"

"That's cool, I'll catch it in another year." Rainbow Dash cut her off with a leisurely wave, shoving her hands back into her pockets. Her mouth moved oddly with each word, over pronouncing and giving volume despite her laid-back stance, "So, I'm here. Let's do something."

"I'll take y'all up to my room, c'mon," Applejack tugged on Rainbow's arm, gesturing for the rest of the girls to follow them up the stairs.

"I heard Principal Celestia called you into her office the other day, Rainbow," Twilight caught up to her friend and asked the question on her lips. Rainbow Dash sort of scoffed a bit and shrugged, "What happened?"

"She called my parents and shit, lame old same old," Rainbow rolled her eyes as she followed Applejack up the stairs, noticing the swaying of her athletic body as she did. Rainbow herself was an athlete, so she admired Applejack's strong nature. "No big deal."

Four days ago...

Rainbow Dash shoved her skateboard into her locker, moving around the gym clothes, tattered text books and empty notebooks to make enough room. She never really cared enough to clean it out, she just made it work. Slamming the locker closed, she held it there with one hand as she slid the lock through the metal loops, clicking it into place.

"Guess what?" Applejack spun around Rainbow Dash, speaking real close to her ear as to get her attention. Rainbow barely turned around to know who it was, and smirked as she replied.

"Tell me." Rainbow responded easily as her eyes settled on her best friend, who leaned against the locker beside her casually and caught her gaze.

"My birthday's on Friday, an' if Big Mac and I finish up the chores early, Granny said it's okay if I have a party." She told her with a hopeful smile, tilting her head as she watched her friend's reaction.

"Hm." Rainbow Dash nodded in an interested manner, but noticed as a couple familiar faces rounded the corner behind Applejack.

"So maybe—" Applejack was about to go on, but someone stepped beside the two of them, his backpack hanging off his broad shoulder and two of his friends at his back.

"Hey," He butted in nonchalantly, nodding to Rainbow Dash but subtly looking Applejack up and down, "How's it going?" It seemed like he was asking Applejack, but Rainbow Dash stepped in.

"A.J. and I were just chatting, Soarin." Rainbow Dash told him, trying to hint that he should bugger off. "Need something?"

"Nah, was just saying hey," Soarin shrugged his bag a bit, glancing over at Applejack again, "Hey." Applejack huffed a laugh and forced herself to keep from rolling her eyes, leaning closer on the locker to Rainbow Dash so he might realize they were still talking. He cocked his head at the farm girl and spoke again, "Did I hear something about Friday night?"

"Only about how lonely you'll be fappin' to your country-girl pin-ups." Rainbow Dash smirked nudging him a step away with a daring gaze. Soarin laughed a bit, but he knew that Rainbow was trying to embarrass him in front of Applejack.

"All right, I guess I'll see you later then." Soarin nodded in defeat, waving lazily as he started started walking down the hall, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Later," Rainbow Dash nodded him off, snickering a bit. Applejack tried to be polite as she cleared her throat to get back into the conversation, but Rainbow Dash had something else in mind, "Wow, is he obvious or what?"

"Beg pardon?" Applejack asked as she chewed on her cheek. She had noticed that Soarin was a bit forward, but she didn't really peg that up to anything but that he was a guy.

"He was all over you A.J., what, you couldn't tell?" Rainbow prodded at her friend, leaning in as they spoke of such matters and over-pronouncing every word, "He was practically slobbering on your tits."

"Eww, Rainbow," Applejack rolled her eyes and turned so that her back was against the locker instead of her shoulder. Applejack glanced at her best friend again, and they shared a humorous smile. Over the bright-headed athlete, Applejack caught sight of three other girls, "Oh, howdy y'all!" She called as she raised her hand so they could see her from the distance.

Rainbow Dash looked over her shoulder and noticed them, then turned back to Applejack, "Are you inviting them too?"

"O'course, they're our friends if y'forgot." Applejack roughly shoved Rainbow's shoulder, who responded by stepping just a little nearer.

"And here I thought we'd have the place all to ourselves." Rainbow Dash touched her friend on her belt, slowly moving her finger up her stomach in a teasingly sensual movement. Rainbow's smile spread into a devilish grin as she noticed her friend blushing a bit under the attention, "Just me and you."

It was quite clear to everyone that Rainbow Dash had no interest in men whatsoever, but it was still quite a secret that she was actually interested in women. She never spoke the words out loud, but people thought as much from her. Applejack always just took her advances as aggressive teasing, Rainbow Dash was known for being a prankster, so she rarely took her seriously.

"Quit foolin' around," Applejack chuckled as she pushed Rainbow's hand away, though she didn't mind the feeling as much as she thought she might have, "You're gonna give people the wrong idea."

"Wrong is the way I like it." Rainbow licked her lips and raised her eyebrow, but Applejack knew she must have been playing around with her. And as if on cue, the other girls arrived at their location on the lockers.

"Hey Applejack, how's it going?" Twilight Sparkle asked with a pleasant smile, as Rarity and Pinkie Pie came to either side of her and offered similar smiles to the pair at the lockers.

"Oh right, I forgot." Rainbow Dash spoke up as she raised her arms and made an overacted troubled face, "I'm invisible today."

"Oh my gosh, really?!" Pinkie Pie squealed as she looked around her friend, hoping that she might actually become invisible or something. "Do it! Do it!"

"I'm not—" Rainbow started but then took a deep breath, trying not to scream at the poor oblivious girl. She let it out slowly and continued while Applejack stifled a laugh beside her, knowing how difficult it was for Rainbow to control her outbursts sometimes, "I'm not actually invisible, Pinkie, it was a joke."

"Any who," Applejack stepped in and paused to wait for the attention patiently, "I was just tellin' Rainbow here that my Granny said I could have a birthday party on Friday, if y'all are free."

"Party. Party?" It almost seemed like Pinkie Pie's hair inflated, and everyone took a simultaneous step back, "Party!? I am so, so totally there it's not even funny!"

"Yeah, I figured." Applejack forced out a smile and a laugh as the other girls nodded and seemed to agree to the terms.

"Oh, so Applejack, you did the geometry homework last night, right?" Twilight immediately began talking about school work, and Applejack just sort of smiled nervously, "What did you get for question twenty-one?"

"Uh, I dunno if I'm the girl to ask, 'sides, I ain't got that fancy picture-memory, question twenty-one don't mean nothin' to me, Twi." Applejack fell into step beside the purple-haired girl, who continued to babble about school as Rainbow Dash drifted behind them, annoyed that her conversation partner had been stolen.

As the rest of the girls rounded the nearby corner, Rainbow Dash slowed down a bit when she realized who was walking past her. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms at the sight of an unfortunately familiar face. The girl who passed her, whose hair was cut unusually short despite her former attention to keeping it perfect, scoffed at the sight of the rainbow-haired girl. Of course, all that did was incite her anger to flare up.

"What, Sunset Shimmer?" Rainbow Dash spat as she glared at the unfriendly girl.

"Whatever you want." Sunset Shimmer shrugged and shook her head with a scowl, walking past her as if she didn't matter at all. All Rainbow did was stick her tongue out and flip her middle finger up at the girl rudely.

"Dash!" A commanding voice called, and she recognized it as vice principal Luna's. Rainbow quickly turned her hand around and displayed a peace sign and an innocent smile. "Get to class or I'll have you in after school for detention."

Rainbow Dash's smile dropped and she closed the gap between her index finger and her middle finger, turning it instead into a two-fingered salute as she walked past the vice principal. Rainbow hurried after her friends and pretended not to have been doing a thing wrong. But still, that was not the reason that Dash had been called into the Principal's office later that week.

Present...

"My pores feel really tingly, is that good?" Twilight Sparkle said as Rarity finished applying the facial mask to her.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes from her place sitting on Applejack's window sill, hating all this girly stuff. Applejack herself was no fan either, so she sat near to her multi-coloured-headed friend and shook her head just the same.

"Yes darling, it means all the impurities in your skin are dissolving." Rarity told her as she flipped her gorgeous hair and looked her work over proudly.

"Lame." Rainbow Dash yawned in boredom as she stretched out, folding her arms behind her head as she finished.

"Next we do pedicures, I bet you would look so darling in purple, Twilight." Rarity kept going, touching Twilight's hair with a brush of her hand and beaming at the possibilities.

"Lamer." Rainbow said somewhat quieter, frowning deep enough for everyone to realize how bored she was. "Are we really just going to sit around all night and do nothing?"

"Of course not," Rarity sounded appalled and she reached into her bag, pulling out this smaller little pouch stuffed to the zipper with hair care products, "I am going to teach you all how to keep your hair in perfect condition, you could really benefit from this, Rainbow dear."

"Screw your hair, Rarity," Rainbow huffed, though everyone knew she was just rough by nature and Rarity didn't take the remark seriously, "What are we doing? Seriously guys, we're sitting around here on a Friday night talking about hair care."

"Sorry darling if some of us care about proper maintenance of one's appearance." Rarity defended herself readily as the others looked at each other carefully.

"It's Applejack's birthday," Rainbow reminded everyone, sitting up from her seat and putting her hands on her knees as she addressed the rest of the room, "We should do whatever she wants to do."

"Well," Applejack was never really comfortable when the attention was solely on her, so she chewed a bit on her lip as she tried to come up with something. Clearly there was someone around who was better with that stuff than she was, so she looked over at her best friend, "Tell us Rainbow, what else did you have in mind?"

Rainbow Dash smirked widely, this had been exactly what she had been waiting for, "What about," She stood up and strolled around the room, gauging reactions and stopping but a foot in front of Applejack as the next two words left her mouth, "Triple dog?"

The group looked around at each other nervously, unfamiliar with whatever it was Rainbow Dash was promoting. Rainbow looked back at Applejack with a one-sided smirk, hoping for her support. Twilight was the first to speak up, "Triple dog? What's that?"

Still four days ago...

Under the low hanging overcast skies that darkened the route, Applejack and Rainbow Dash jogged along with the rest of the track team on their usual route. Sunset Shimmer was on the team with them, but she and Rainbow tried to stay as far away from each other as possible. Along the route was a familiar old bridge, one that Rainbow Dash never liked jogging over. While the rest of the team kissed their hands and pressed their fingers against a spot marked with a cross, Rainbow did nothing but look over at it blankly, wishing someone would steal the damn thing so she didn't have to see it all the time.

"It's been almost a year now, hasn't it?" Rainbow Dash heard someone behind her say, and she tensed up a to hear them speak about it.

"You mean since the accident?" Someone responded, and that too was in a bit of a hush.

"It wasn't an accident, Gilda jumped." Rainbow heard someone else comment, but they were quickly silenced by the sound of their coach telling them off.

"You'll move faster if your lips stop flapping!" The couch called from her place riding a bicycle beside them, an easy way to keep up with the group without exhausting herself.

The group of joggers cleared the river, and the farther away they got, the quieter the sounds of the waves became. In Rainbow Dash's head, though, those sounds were clear as day.

After jogging, the girls were still quite out of breath by the time they returned to the school. Still though, to Rainbow Dash's dismay, the topic of Gilda had not been entirely dropped. They were in the change rooms, and as usual Rainbow Dash got changed by herself and kept her face staring into her locker. The girls were never quite comfortable when she changed around them, considering everyone thought she was a lesbian and thought she might peek at them or something. That was very unlike Rainbow Dash, though. To her left came Applejack, who had no issue standing between her best friend and the rest of the team. Rainbow listened in silence to the conversation a mere few lockers away.

"No one really knows what happened, not for sure." Came the voice of one of her team mates, who spoke as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Are you kidding? She jumped. End of story." Someone else chimed in, putting it bluntly in an attempt to make the other girls drop it.

"I heard they found her miles downstream, and her eyes were gone!" Someone added in a whisper, and Rainbow Dash stared into the mess of her gym locker.

"Seriously?" There was a few gasps, but the ambient background noise of changing and closing lockers drowned most of it out.

"Yeah, go ask Sunset Shimmer, she knew her." The first girl said, and Rainbow realized from that comment that Sunset Shimmer must have already left the change room.

"Why did she jump?" The question was posed.

"Wanna know what I heard?" Someone knew spoke up as they emerged from the showers, and Rainbow Dash pulled her shirt over her face so that she might not hear it. Applejack noticed this behaviour, but said nothing.

"What you heard, or what was in the papers?" A scoff was heard, but the story continued on.

"This is what I heard," She stopped getting changed to tell the story, and everyone went a little quieter to hear it, "There was this crazy party, right? You know, end of the semester crazy fling thing. And there was this one guy who was there, who no one's ever seen before, all dressed in leather with a green mohawk—"

"I heard it was a blue mohawk." Was added, and the story changed.

"Okay, so there was this guy with a blue mohawk, right?" The girl went on, and Rainbow Dash changed her shorts, shoving the clothing into the locker, "He was handing out acid hits to everyone, for free. That's a fact, it was free, and Gilda got some. But this isn't like regular acid, this stuff is hardcore shit, insane, like people are gone out of their right minds and seeing things, right? And Gilda thought she saw butterflies on her fingers."

"Butterflies?" Inquired some voice, and Rainbow Dash shook her head to hear such a ridiculous story.

"Yeah, butterflies. Anyway, one of her butterflies starts to fly away, and she freaks right out and starts chasing it, leaves the party to do it. She follows these acid-induced figments down the trail, see, and she almost has the butterfly back, but by then, she's on the bridge." The other girls have quieted down by now, listening to the telling, "She reaches out to try and grab it, and she loses her footing. Next thing you know, she hits the water. Just like that, she drowns."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Someone says with a chuckle, and the rest of the girls look around anxiously. "I heard she just got stoned and jumped."

"Look, shh. Butterflies, I'm telling you." The story ended, and Rainbow Dash slammed her locker a little too hard, grabbing her bag and leaving the change room at once. It sounded entirely ridiculous, such a story.

Present...

"Triple dog is a game, like truth or dare," Rainbow Dash explained to her friends, who listened closely, "Except without the truth."

Applejack nodded and a smirk graced her face, that same old crooked smile that Rainbow Dash knew so well. Before anyone opposed the idea, the birthday girl spoke up, "Okay, I'm in."

"Um, I-I'm not sure..." Fluttershy stuttered nervously, clutching her bag closer to her and letting her hair fall over her eyes. Rainbow Dash had expected some resistance, but the appeal of dares could not be resisted for long.

"Come on Fluttershy, it'll be fun." Twilight seemed to agree as she wiped the mud mask off her face with a damp cloth, smiling at her shy friend, "It may not have been on my approved party game list, but truth or dare was. When do we ever do exciting stuff like this? This is what slumber parties are all about, I read about it, trust me."

Fluttershy squeaked a bit but seemed to ease up, nodding faintly, "A-All right, okay... If you want."

"Sweet, this is going to be awesome." Rainbow Dash pumped her fist into the air before directing her attention to her best friend once more, "Applejack, we're going to need a video camera and an electric shaver, think you can handle that?"

"Big Mac's got both, I'll go get 'em from his room." Applejack nodded unsurely, but followed the instructions and went to get the required items.

"What do we need those for?" Pinkie Pie tilted her head curiously, wonder getting the best of her.

"Oh, you'll see." Rainbow Dash grinned sneakily as she walked over to the door and peeked out, waiting for Applejack to return before she went on. Finally, the blonde girl came back with both items in her hands, easily borrowing them from her trusting brother. "Okay everyone, empty your wallets and bags. Everything valuable, cough it up. It's part of the game." Rainbow Dash said as she waved the girls around her, pulling out her own wallet, "Don't worry, you'll get it back. Maybe. Whoever does the most awesome dare at the end of the night gets to keep the whole pot."

The rest of the girls pulled up seats around Rainbow Dash, doing as she said and placing their valuables on the floor in the middle. Applejack came over and sat beside Rainbow Dash on the bed, watching the scene unfold. Once all that was done, Rainbow Dash leaned down and had a look at the pot, counting the money and gauging the value of the objects. Applejack watched her friend lean forward, trying not to take notice of the thong that peeked out from her pants.

"All right, so we have," Rainbow Dash began, going over the loot once more as she narrated it, "Eighty three dollars, a pile of confetti and balloons, two gold earrings, some old worn book, two tickets to the Wonderbolts, an animal charm bracelet, and a hand-made bronze apple belt buckle."

"So, how exactly does this work?" Rarity said with an annoyed expression. Clearly this was not what she had intended to come from a slumber party with her friends.

"Rule number one: everyone gives one dare, everyone gets one dare." Rainbow Dash explained simply as she leaned back up and addressed the crowd. Once she was certain that was understood, she went on, "Rule number two: you get to pick who dares you. Rule number three: you have to perform the dare you are given, and if you don't?" She picked up the razor from beside her and turned it on, letting the roaring sound of the electric device tell what she then spoke aloud, "You get your head shaved."

"Shaved?! Like, bald, shaved?" Rarity gasped out loud and grabbed at her hair, digging her fingers into it like she would protect it with her life. "I suddenly don't want to play any more."

"Yes, shaved." Rainbow Dash nodded as she turned the device off, placing it back behind Applejack, "Now, if you find that you don't want to perform the dare, you can challenge the person who dared you to perform it instead. However, if they do it, you get your head shaved for chickening out." Rainbow looked around the room, checking their expressions to be certain it was understood, "So don't dare someone to do something you can't do yourself, or it might backfire."

"What kind of dares?" Pinkie Pie asked, her excitement bubbling up and she bounced in her seat.

"Anything goes, except daring someone to shave their head. Am I understood?" Rainbow Dash tilted her head and waited for any more questions.

"Yeah, I think we got it." Twilight nodded as she leaned forward in her seat, rather intrigued by her first adult slumber party game.

Rainbow Dash's one sided smirk told of her confidence, and she leaned over and peered at her best friend, "All right, the birthday girl decides the order. Go for it, Applejack."

"Me?" Applejack blinked, uncertain of what to do. Rainbow Dash nodded and nudged her, gesturing for her to hurry and pick someone, "Well, if y'say so. Lemme see here," Applejack looked around the room, noticing only one girl who seemed to utterly protest the game for unknown or selfish reasons, "Rarity first."

"Me? Why would you pick me?" Rarity gasped, very unhappy with the situation.

"'Cause you don't wanna play, Rare." Applejack smiled at her friend's distress, but tried to calm her down, "Come on, just get it over with and you can watch the rest'a the time. Right? Go 'head, pick someone to dare you."

"I will not forget this, Applejack." Rarity turned up her nose at the thoughtlessness, but did as she was told and looked around the room to find someone to dare her. "Fluttershy, you dare me."

"Me? I don't know, I'm not sure if I, well if I can think up something exciting enough," Fluttershy's face fell as she tried to think up someone worthy of her friends' attention. "Um, I guess I can try. Promise not to laugh though, I-I dare you..."

"You triple dog dare her, to?" Rainbow Dash corrected her friend loudly, and Fluttershy squeaked once before starting again.

Fluttershy tucked her hair behind her ear and nodded, looking over at Rarity, "Oh, right, I triple dog dare you to..."

Author's Note:

Hey, so here's the first chapter of a little experiment. I thought that I would try something that included more of the Mane 6, so here it is. It's based on the movie, yes, but with different characters, dares, dialogue, and background stuff.

And just to let you all know, this is no kiddy game of Truth or Dare. There's no simple, "take your shirt off", or "kiss this person" or "dance around yelling this", these dares are real dares. If you have any awesome ideas, feel free to comment them, but they have to be really good. I do hope you enjoy it. Hoping to make a real cover picture soon, this one is a place holder.